Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:40:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputable New Altcoins  (Read 7990 times)
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 02:48:11 PM

Isn't Novacoin the one with that was a giant pump 'n dump?

Which one wasn't a big pump and dump Smiley? NVC at least kept a relative good value and the dev didn't disappeared after the first month.

NVC had a "interesting" start.

Firstly, let me state that I have good communication with the dev via the forums and have found him extremely helpful, my opinion is biased because of this but please consider the following:

* I do believe nvc started as a russian coin that simply lagged in the english announcement due to a poor launch (we have all seen them). There was not any hiding the launch, it simply was not mentioned outside of the russian forums for 1 week.

* Despite constant trolling the the dev hung around and answered questions tirelessly, no mean feat imho.

* The large amount of nvc handed over to btc-e was for (imho) creating early PoS to strengthen the network in hands other than that of the dev.

* The aforementioned coins were destroyed by sending them to a irredeemable address (coin eater/ no valid priv key) by btc-e after the forums kicked up a fuss.

* I think PoS is very cool, while it has its detractors I think it is an idea worth pursing until perfected hence our support of PPC and NVC.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fishy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:04:00 PM

Isn't Novacoin the one with that was a giant pump 'n dump?

Which one wasn't a big pump and dump Smiley? NVC at least kept a relative good value and the dev didn't disappeared after the first month.

Firstly, let me state that I have good communication with the dev via the forums and have found him extremely helpful, my opinion is biased because of this but please consider the following:

* I do believe nvc started as a russian coin that simply lagged in the english announcement due to a poor launch (we have all seen them). There was not any hiding the launch, it simply was not mentioned outside of the russian forums for 1 week.

* Despite constant trolling the the dev hung around and answered questions tirelessly, no mean feat imho.

* The large amount of nvc handed over to btc-e was for (imho) creating early PoS to strengthen the network in hands other than that of the dev.

* The aforementioned coins were destroyed by sending them to a irredeemable address (coin eater/ no valid priv key) by btc-e after the forums kicked up a fuss.

* I think PoS is very cool, while it has its detractors I think it is an idea worth pursing until perfected hence our support of PPC and NVC.

Yes, NVC has kept a good value. 

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:13:58 PM

This is why I voted for NVC as a reputable alt, so you don't need to persuade me Smiley.
autodidactic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

Obamacoin is the best.

LOL  Grin

Thank you for saying that my coin which has not been released is the best!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Obamacoin = Dictatorcoin = Dickbagcoin = BigGovernmentCoin = Anti-ConstitutionalCoin = UnsoundMonetaryPolicyCoin = WageslaveryCoin = BigbusinessCoin.

LZKRTwu1jUM8MphtJox54hHmXH4SiNTron
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 03:58:08 PM

bitcoin/litecoin/ppcoin

only 3 for me

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:42:27 PM

Aside from the more established alts already mentioned

pxc, wdc, dgc  these seem to be worth looking at.

They seem to be trying to combine efforts now also. Not sure how that will work out but even so they have a certain following. Due to their design wdc and dgc seem to have more stable hash rates, but pxc seems to have devs that are active on the board and have mentioned some nice apps are coming for the coin. Dgc although i don't have much of that at all since i didn't mine it early on seems to have dev who comes up with new things for the coin pretty often maybe more apps for his coin that any other dev so far.  PPC seems to have a very active and smart dev hence why a lot of people mention that one and is one of the more established alts.

I'm mostly in pxc right now, although i was not sure why they wanted to combine with other coins if they have all these big plans on their own anyway. Although this will hopefully become clear as more is announced.

JahPowerBit

Activity: 335
Merit: 255

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:47:21 PM

BTC / NMC
LTC
YAC
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 06:06:23 PM

I would take JohnCar's advice Smiley
fishy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:39:37 PM

Obamacoin is the best.

LOL  Grin

Thank you for saying that my coin which has not been released is the best!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Obamacoin = Dictatorcoin = Dickbagcoin = BigGovernmentCoin = Anti-ConstitutionalCoin = UnsoundMonetaryPolicyCoin = WageslaveryCoin = BigbusinessCoin.

Obama!

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: