Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:00:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't use Miningunited.com/btccheap.com!  (Read 3186 times)
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:09:37 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 08:05:13 PM by Birdy

As the topic is bumped up again and again and the first pages are very positive:
There is a high  probability of it being scam!

Reasons to believe this:
- a very high amount of new accounts praising the service
- the domain is registered anonymously
- the waiting time is getting longer (-> hint to a long con)
- the interest rate is insanely high (>30% a week?)
- There are a lot of SatoshiDice transactions from MiningUnited adresses
- The excuse for this was kinda shady (some people want to donate in a "funny way")
- we've gotten no proof that they are really running a mining service yet

Well it's been over a week. I've been withholding making this public since I know once I do I will get a payment.

Here you have it, a real long time member saying they don't pay.

https://blockchain.info/address/181n25vgaDfbUYkaynUEo4haCyutcq3v4i

I know this is a long con but now it seems it's also a short con.

And cue the payment with an excuse... 3.. 2.. 1...

To those just now realizing it is a scam ... I mean really.  37% interest for a week?  Really?  Pirate only gave 7% and that was a massive masssive warning sign.

37% weekly interest is 1,286,676,865% annually.  Anyone know a miner which makes 1 billion % profit per year.  i.e. guy a $200 GPU, spend $100 in electricity and get $3,860,030,594 in annual mining rewards.  That is the kind of gross profits they would need ... just to break even and pay all of it out as interest.

Has anyone read their "User Agreement / Terms of Service"?

It is CLEARLY listed at the bottom of every page:

MINING UNITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY / OR ALL TRANSACTIONS AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON WITH NO BITCOIN OR OTHER TYPE REFUND. ANY BITCOIN(S) SENT TO ANY 'BITCOIN ADDRESSES' ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE A ZERO MONETARY VALUE ($USD OR OTHER) ONCE RECEIVED. MINING UNITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FINANCIAL LOSS RESULTING FROM USE. WITH ALL 'INVESTMENTS' THERE IS ASSUMED RISK.

Mining United will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website: 1) For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or 2) For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Mining United has been expressly advised of the potential loss. Mining United and all related individuals are not responsible for the loss of BitCoins related to the use of this Website and services provided.

We (Mining United) and all parties are not responsible for any lost BitCoins from using any service on this Website and cannot be held responsible. We (Mining United) have the right to shutdown our services at any time with no refund to any current transactions

I got out while I could, you should too. These "terms" have always been there, but it is becoming more clear what their end intentions are!

MINING UNITED AKA "KEVIN CHASTAIN" I HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THE CLAIMS OF NON PAYOUTS AND THIS POST I WILL OUT YOU. YOU DUMB FUCK SCAMMER I KNEW IT.

Let me translate their "Terms of Service" for you:

Basically it says:
"I am allowed to run away with all your money whenever I want to"

Could a mod edit the first post of the other thread with a warning, please?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Keep this thread bumped up as long as the Minung-United one does, please Smiley

We as community don't want our newcomers to be screwed the first day the enter the Bitcoin Universe.
CreationLayer

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:24:16 PM

Thanks for the tip

blueblade123

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:37:12 PM

Really?! Do we REALLY need MULTIPLE threads for the same discussion? Shouldn't they be all in one location? Do you want to post a new topic with the title:

"Look at my other thread about Mining United and lets discuss exactly what's in the OTHER thread about Mining United"

From the department of redundancy department
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:38:50 PM

Really?! Do we REALLY need MULTIPLE threads for the same discussion? Shouldn't they be all in one location? Do you want to post a new topic with the title:

"Look at my other thread about Mining United and lets discuss exactly what's in the OTHER thread about Mining United"

From the department of redundancy department
The other threads always bumping at top of this forum are more or less advertising it the first pages. So yes, I think it's good to have this one.

Also my opinion is backed up by a bold and blue sentence, making it more important than a merely bold black sentence :p
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

antiscam-bump
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:02:33 PM

antiscam bump
MasterMined

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:05:26 PM

Thanks for the info
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:31:29 PM

antiscam-bump
(Please stop posting in that other Mining-United-Thread)
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:39:27 PM

and again
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:51:49 PM

Talked about stuff like that in a Donator thread... Would appreciate if they moved it from Newbies to LTO, because it really doesn't discourage people given the naysaying isn't based on hard evidence - because it isn't really possible to solidify a claim that's it *is* a scam, just a 9.9/10 likely scam. That said - mods put a [Scam?] tag on the CedarTec thread... I think the MU thread is even more obvious, but also taking in BTC (which is kind of shocking -- but it's hard to know if people going in know it's a ponzi and are just gambling, or if they're unaware newbies).
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:58:00 PM

Talked about stuff like that in a Donator thread... Would appreciate if they moved it from Newbies to LTO, because it really doesn't discourage people given the naysaying isn't based on hard evidence - because it isn't really possible to solidify a claim that's it *is* a scam, just a 9.9/10 likely scam. That said - mods put a [Scam?] tag on the CedarTec thread... I think the MU thread is even more obvious, but also taking in BTC (which is kind of shocking -- but it's hard to know if people going in know it's a ponzi and are just gambling, or if they're unaware newbies).
I think advertisment for new websites/services/new altcoins shouldn't be allowed in the newbie section at all.
Atm the newbie section is a scammer's paradise.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:01:06 PM

I think advertisment for new websites/services/new altcoins shouldn't be allowed in the newbie section at all.
Atm the newbie section is a scammer's paradise.
Agreed...
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:22:38 PM

antiscam-bump
nexus84

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:31:01 PM

thanks for the information guy
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:48:14 PM

I got scammed by them myself, stay away!

looks like mine not paid either although ones above and below show paid. ??

https://blockchain.info/search?search=2584%09184hrB9GNJpQaLr5yqwxyZAjZWtB3t88Ek

Ponzi scheme already collapsing?
blindfaith

Activity: 84

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:42:57 AM

Hey, basically I used the infamous Mining United a few days ago now, followed my payment and it seems they have as promised sent back what I sent + a little bit more.. (see proof below)

My only question is when will I actually receive the BTC into my wallet?
It's been quite a few days since "2013-05-04 18:50:29" & I know BTC payments are slower than LTC but all others seem to have completed by now..

Any help?

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

antiscam-bump

Just take a look at the Terms of Service and you know that what will happen.
Btw: Putting this in some terms hidden at the bottom of the site, doesn't make you less of a scammer.
blindfaith

Activity: 84

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:36:02 AM

Hey, basically I used the infamous Mining United a few days ago now, followed my payment and it seems they have as promised sent back what I sent + a little bit more.. (see proof below)

My only question is when will I actually receive the BTC into my wallet?
It's been quite a few days since "2013-05-04 18:50:29" & I know BTC payments are slower than LTC but all others seem to have completed by now..

Any help?

Anti scam bump

-- Turns out I was just being a dumbass.
-- Mining United Pay out.
(see picture above)
or https://blockchain.info/address/1NHeStWzUFVfEjCeLupoC8AqvJHeAKMREz Wink

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

Anti scam bump

-- Turns out I was just being a dumbass.
-- Mining United Pay out.
(see picture above)
or https://blockchain.info/address/1NHeStWzUFVfEjCeLupoC8AqvJHeAKMREz Wink

Be happy you got your money back, you could be the last one to receive some.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: