Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't use Miningunited.com/btccheap.com!  (Read 3186 times)
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:09:37 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 08:05:13 PM by Birdy

As the topic is bumped up again and again and the first pages are very positive:
There is a high  probability of it being scam!

Reasons to believe this:
- a very high amount of new accounts praising the service
- the domain is registered anonymously
- the waiting time is getting longer (-> hint to a long con)
- the interest rate is insanely high (>30% a week?)
- There are a lot of SatoshiDice transactions from MiningUnited adresses
- The excuse for this was kinda shady (some people want to donate in a "funny way")
- we've gotten no proof that they are really running a mining service yet

Well it's been over a week. I've been withholding making this public since I know once I do I will get a payment.

Here you have it, a real long time member saying they don't pay.

https://blockchain.info/address/181n25vgaDfbUYkaynUEo4haCyutcq3v4i

I know this is a long con but now it seems it's also a short con.

And cue the payment with an excuse... 3.. 2.. 1...

To those just now realizing it is a scam ... I mean really.  37% interest for a week?  Really?  Pirate only gave 7% and that was a massive masssive warning sign.

37% weekly interest is 1,286,676,865% annually.  Anyone know a miner which makes 1 billion % profit per year.  i.e. guy a $200 GPU, spend $100 in electricity and get $3,860,030,594 in annual mining rewards.  That is the kind of gross profits they would need ... just to break even and pay all of it out as interest.

Has anyone read their "User Agreement / Terms of Service"?

It is CLEARLY listed at the bottom of every page:

MINING UNITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY / OR ALL TRANSACTIONS AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON WITH NO BITCOIN OR OTHER TYPE REFUND. ANY BITCOIN(S) SENT TO ANY 'BITCOIN ADDRESSES' ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE A ZERO MONETARY VALUE ($USD OR OTHER) ONCE RECEIVED. MINING UNITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FINANCIAL LOSS RESULTING FROM USE. WITH ALL 'INVESTMENTS' THERE IS ASSUMED RISK.

Mining United will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website: 1) For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or 2) For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Mining United has been expressly advised of the potential loss. Mining United and all related individuals are not responsible for the loss of BitCoins related to the use of this Website and services provided.

We (Mining United) and all parties are not responsible for any lost BitCoins from using any service on this Website and cannot be held responsible. We (Mining United) have the right to shutdown our services at any time with no refund to any current transactions

I got out while I could, you should too. These "terms" have always been there, but it is becoming more clear what their end intentions are!

MINING UNITED AKA "KEVIN CHASTAIN" I HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THE CLAIMS OF NON PAYOUTS AND THIS POST I WILL OUT YOU. YOU DUMB FUCK SCAMMER I KNEW IT.

Let me translate their "Terms of Service" for you:

Basically it says:
"I am allowed to run away with all your money whenever I want to"

Could a mod edit the first post of the other thread with a warning, please?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Keep this thread bumped up as long as the Minung-United one does, please Smiley

We as community don't want our newcomers to be screwed the first day the enter the Bitcoin Universe.
CreationLayer

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:24:16 PM

Thanks for the tip

blueblade123

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:37:12 PM

Really?! Do we REALLY need MULTIPLE threads for the same discussion? Shouldn't they be all in one location? Do you want to post a new topic with the title:

"Look at my other thread about Mining United and lets discuss exactly what's in the OTHER thread about Mining United"

From the department of redundancy department
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:38:50 PM

Really?! Do we REALLY need MULTIPLE threads for the same discussion? Shouldn't they be all in one location? Do you want to post a new topic with the title:

"Look at my other thread about Mining United and lets discuss exactly what's in the OTHER thread about Mining United"

From the department of redundancy department
The other threads always bumping at top of this forum are more or less advertising it the first pages. So yes, I think it's good to have this one.

Also my opinion is backed up by a bold and blue sentence, making it more important than a merely bold black sentence :p
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

antiscam-bump
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:02:33 PM

antiscam bump
MasterMined

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:05:26 PM

Thanks for the info
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:31:29 PM

antiscam-bump
(Please stop posting in that other Mining-United-Thread)
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:39:27 PM

and again
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:51:49 PM

Talked about stuff like that in a Donator thread... Would appreciate if they moved it from Newbies to LTO, because it really doesn't discourage people given the naysaying isn't based on hard evidence - because it isn't really possible to solidify a claim that's it *is* a scam, just a 9.9/10 likely scam. That said - mods put a [Scam?] tag on the CedarTec thread... I think the MU thread is even more obvious, but also taking in BTC (which is kind of shocking -- but it's hard to know if people going in know it's a ponzi and are just gambling, or if they're unaware newbies).
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:58:00 PM

Talked about stuff like that in a Donator thread... Would appreciate if they moved it from Newbies to LTO, because it really doesn't discourage people given the naysaying isn't based on hard evidence - because it isn't really possible to solidify a claim that's it *is* a scam, just a 9.9/10 likely scam. That said - mods put a [Scam?] tag on the CedarTec thread... I think the MU thread is even more obvious, but also taking in BTC (which is kind of shocking -- but it's hard to know if people going in know it's a ponzi and are just gambling, or if they're unaware newbies).
I think advertisment for new websites/services/new altcoins shouldn't be allowed in the newbie section at all.
Atm the newbie section is a scammer's paradise.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:01:06 PM

I think advertisment for new websites/services/new altcoins shouldn't be allowed in the newbie section at all.
Atm the newbie section is a scammer's paradise.
Agreed...
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:22:38 PM

antiscam-bump
nexus84

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:31:01 PM

thanks for the information guy
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:48:14 PM

I got scammed by them myself, stay away!

looks like mine not paid either although ones above and below show paid. ??

https://blockchain.info/search?search=2584%09184hrB9GNJpQaLr5yqwxyZAjZWtB3t88Ek

Ponzi scheme already collapsing?
blindfaith

Activity: 84

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:42:57 AM

Hey, basically I used the infamous Mining United a few days ago now, followed my payment and it seems they have as promised sent back what I sent + a little bit more.. (see proof below)

My only question is when will I actually receive the BTC into my wallet?
It's been quite a few days since "2013-05-04 18:50:29" & I know BTC payments are slower than LTC but all others seem to have completed by now..

Any help?

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:14:16 AM

antiscam-bump

Just take a look at the Terms of Service and you know that what will happen.
Btw: Putting this in some terms hidden at the bottom of the site, doesn't make you less of a scammer.
blindfaith

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:36:02 AM

Hey, basically I used the infamous Mining United a few days ago now, followed my payment and it seems they have as promised sent back what I sent + a little bit more.. (see proof below)

My only question is when will I actually receive the BTC into my wallet?
It's been quite a few days since "2013-05-04 18:50:29" & I know BTC payments are slower than LTC but all others seem to have completed by now..

Any help?

Anti scam bump

-- Turns out I was just being a dumbass.
-- Mining United Pay out.
(see picture above)
or https://blockchain.info/address/1NHeStWzUFVfEjCeLupoC8AqvJHeAKMREz Wink

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

Anti scam bump

(see picture above)

Be happy you got your money back, you could be the last one to receive some.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:56:47 AM

Basically it says:
blindfaith

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

Basically it says:

I agree and realise the terms allow them to basically do what they want once we've sent their payments but they seem legit for now, a lot of big time companies probably have similar t&c's if we were to all read them word for word bu yeah.. specially for atleast the time being they provide the blockchain link of them repaying.. I'll back them. Each to their own though and every payment is a risk.

Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:21:26 AM

Basically it says:

I agree and realise the terms allow them to basically do what they want once we've sent their payments but they seem legit for now, a lot of big time companies probably have similar t&c's if we were to all read them word for word bu yeah.. specially for atleast the time being they provide the blockchain link of them repaying.. I'll back them. Each to their own though and every payment is a risk.
Do whatever you want, but don't come back crying that they have scammed you.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:36:36 PM

antiscam-bump
EdoBcn

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:43:16 PM

http://imgur.com/MvUguUS

So, now they are playing satoshi dice at 50% with the collected btc...

Like "we have too many, let's gamble"...  Cry
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:48:08 PM

Like "we have too many, let's gamble"...  Cry
Guess 50% of the users decided to donate "in a funny way" Cheesy
EdoBcn

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:56:47 PM

Like "we have too many, let's gamble"...  Cry
Guess 50% of the users decided to donate "in a funny way" Cheesy

Interesting loop then. But miningunited pays back only to the original wallet, as satoshi dice, so the very first transaction should have been originated by them.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

I don't think I will have to bump up this thread very often anymore, seems like it's already coming to an end.
(Probably depending on his SatoshiDice Luck)
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:12:05 PM

There already some users complaining about not getting paid.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:31:28 PM

Offtopic-bump: We are back to the crazy Bitcoin ride. up and down. crash and rise.
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:34:19 PM

Antiscam-bump because there was some recent activity on the other thread.

Can someone please PM the OP from the other thread (Is MiningUnited a SCAM) and tell them to edit the post so it's no longer so positive towards MiningUnited, with maybe a link to this thread?
scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:37:20 PM

As the topic is bumped up again and again and the first pages are very positive:
There is a high  probability of it being scam!

Reasons to believe this:
- a very high amount of new accounts praising the service
- the domain is registered anonymously
- the waiting time is getting longer (-> hint to a long con)
- the interest rate is insanely high (>30% a week?)
- There are a lot of SatoshiDice transactions from MiningUnited adresses
- The excuse for this was kinda shady (some people want to donate in a "funny way")
- we've gotten no proof that they are really running a mining service yet

Well it's been over a week. I've been withholding making this public since I know once I do I will get a payment.

Here you have it, a real long time member saying they don't pay.

https://blockchain.info/address/181n25vgaDfbUYkaynUEo4haCyutcq3v4i

I know this is a long con but now it seems it's also a short con.

And cue the payment with an excuse... 3.. 2.. 1...

To those just now realizing it is a scam ... I mean really.  37% interest for a week?  Really?  Pirate only gave 7% and that was a massive masssive warning sign.

37% weekly interest is 1,286,676,865% annually.  Anyone know a miner which makes 1 billion % profit per year.  i.e. guy a $200 GPU, spend $100 in electricity and get $3,860,030,594 in annual mining rewards.  That is the kind of gross profits they would need ... just to break even and pay all of it out as interest.

Has anyone read their "User Agreement / Terms of Service"?

It is CLEARLY listed at the bottom of every page:

MINING UNITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY / OR ALL TRANSACTIONS AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON WITH NO BITCOIN OR OTHER TYPE REFUND. ANY BITCOIN(S) SENT TO ANY 'BITCOIN ADDRESSES' ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE A ZERO MONETARY VALUE ($USD OR OTHER) ONCE RECEIVED. MINING UNITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FINANCIAL LOSS RESULTING FROM USE. WITH ALL 'INVESTMENTS' THERE IS ASSUMED RISK.

Mining United will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website: 1) For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or 2) For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Mining United has been expressly advised of the potential loss. Mining United and all related individuals are not responsible for the loss of BitCoins related to the use of this Website and services provided.

We (Mining United) and all parties are not responsible for any lost BitCoins from using any service on this Website and cannot be held responsible. We (Mining United) have the right to shutdown our services at any time with no refund to any current transactions

I got out while I could, you should too. These "terms" have always been there, but it is becoming more clear what their end intentions are!

MINING UNITED AKA "KEVIN CHASTAIN" I HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THE CLAIMS OF NON PAYOUTS AND THIS POST I WILL OUT YOU. YOU DUMB FUCK SCAMMER I KNEW IT.

Basically it says:

. Thanks il make sure to avoid them.
condor335
Copper Member

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

I posted this in another thread but want to share it in here as well. I've given him about 30+ coins, still in que. I will report back with my results ASAP.

I would advise others who want to make a large investment to hold off until I can confirm whether this is a scam or not. 30+ might be a lot right now, but when it was only $7.2 it wasn't all that much and these are coins I am perfectly willing to gamble.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:48:02 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 05:15:19 PM by Birdy

I posted this in another thread but want to share it in here as well. I've given him about 30+ coins, still in que. I will report back with my results ASAP.

I would advise others who want to make a large investment to hold off until I can confirm whether this is a scam or not. 30+ might be a lot right now, but when it was only $7.2 it wasn't all that much and these are coins I am perfectly willing to gamble.

I would advise others not to make any investments in Miningunited regardless of your result.
If you publically announce you are going to test them (and even give them more if it succeeds like you said in the other thread) they will gladly throw money at you, because it will increase the amount they will be able to scam.
If you want to test it, you have to give them less. If it's a ponzi they wont be able to pay everyone back (just some SatoshiDice luck or a big loan could help there).
If it's not they will not have any problems, because they could just use the mining for themselves.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:11:50 PM

STOP!

That's completely the WRONG way to verify whether or not something is a scam.

Go to HYIP sites, those horrible things which look like they were designed in 1995. They have little badges on them for various HYIPonzis.

On these badges, they have "Paying," or "Not Paying." They are updated real-time, because everyone knows that putting money in is a gamble with a huge house edge. They establish credibility by paying for a while, then up-and-leave. The longer they stay, the more people play, but eventually, it costs more to pay interest than what the ponzi op gets in receiving new funds from the established credibility.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:58:32 PM

If you have too much money you can send it to my adress instead of supporting those scammers, I will even do a "thank you"-Thread.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:22:45 PM

anti-scam bump
BTCoder

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:24:14 PM

I agree dont use minigunited.com!
bitshy

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:35:29 PM

This sounds just like a Ponzi scheme. From sec.gov:

"""
What is a Ponzi scheme?

A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often solicit new investors by promising to invest funds in opportunities claimed to generate high returns with little or no risk. In many Ponzi schemes, the fraudsters focus on attracting new money to make promised payments to earlier-stage investors and to use for personal expenses, instead of engaging in any legitimate investment activity.

Why do Ponzi schemes collapse?

With little or no legitimate earnings, the schemes require a consistent flow of money from new investors to continue. Ponzi schemes tend to collapse when it becomes difficult to recruit new investors or when a large number of investors ask to cash out.
"""
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:59:00 PM

MU enabled larger payments, is offering double payouts and adds bonus for large payments.
They will either continue with even crazier offers in hope to get even more or they will run now.
Let's see what happens.
BitQuick.net

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 12:12:08 AM

thanks for the headsup!
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:58:21 AM

No problem, others will learn it the hard way.
It's sad MU probably got tons of BTCs if they decide to run away now :<
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:09:03 AM

and up we go
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:05:25 PM

anti-scam bump
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:10:14 PM

Very true, I believe this will happen. They have already got a lot of users using their service, which haven't received anything yet.
The ones that claim they have are normally low post counts and can't provide any evidence, however there are some who generally give good evidence, but MU could just do this to build up a reputation.

I have been wary of this website since it got announced, I'm not going to say it's a scam without any solid proof, but I will warn others to look into every possible aspect of the site and chose wisely.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:34:15 PM

Very true, I believe this will happen. They have already got a lot of users using their service, which haven't received anything yet.
The ones that claim they have are normally low post counts and can't provide any evidence, however there are some who generally give good evidence, but MU could just do this to build up a reputation.

I have been wary of this website since it got announced, I'm not going to say it's a scam without any solid proof, but I will warn others to look into every possible aspect of the site and chose wisely.

I'm with you in regards to the "scam" accusations. If you deal with them, treat it like an investment. It's entirely possible that they aren't scamming and just don't understand what's going to happen long-term with their business plan. Or it could be a pyramid scheme.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:36:44 PM

I'm with you in regards to the "scam" accusations. If you deal with them, treat it like an investment. It's entirely possible that they aren't scamming and just don't understand what's going to happen long-term with their business plan. Or it could be a pyramid scheme.
More like gambling than an investment.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:43:04 PM

More like gambling than an investment.

In a lot of ways investments are gambling (you're essentially gambling in the hopes that your investment pays off and the company doesn't tank). So you're right, :p.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:46:51 PM

In a lot of ways investments are gambling (you're essentially gambling in the hopes that your investment pays off and the company doesn't tank). So you're right, :p.
If you are investing you are giving money, because you believe in the business model / someones skills etc. If you solely rely on luck or you don't know whats going on it's gambling.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:50:17 PM

If you are investing you are giving money, because you believe in the business model / someones skills etc. If you solely rely on luck or you don't know whats going on it's gambling.

In this case, though, I don't think there's really enough proof that it's a scam ("yet"). So really what you're doing is putting up money "because you believe in the business model" (you're hoping that they really can give back more than you paid in, as a result of their hashing. The hashing and returning of funds + interest would be their business model).

Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:56:46 PM

In this case, though, I don't think there's really enough proof that it's a scam ("yet"). So really what you're doing is putting up money "because you believe in the business model" (you're hoping that they really can give back more than you paid in, as a result of their hashing. The hashing and returning of funds + interest would be their business model).

No, actually it's more of "you don't know whats going on", have you actually seen any evidence that they are running mining machines with the needed power?
People asked for it and it was never shown.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:01:58 PM

No, actually it's more of "you don't know whats going on", have you actually seen any evidence that they are running mining machines with the needed power?
People asked for it and it was never shown.

Well, in the case of the business model itself, I don't think (even if they were purchasing the hardware) it would be sustainable due to the high interest rates. It's more of a pyramid scheme to me.

As for whether or not they are running the machines (should they be legitimate), it's possible that they are investing into something like one of the funds (ASICMINER I think is one?), rather than running their own.

Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:05:28 PM

Well, in the case of the business model itself, I don't think (even if they were purchasing the hardware) it would be sustainable due to the high interest rates. It's more of a pyramid scheme to me.
Then the only difference between this and a ponzi scam would be their intentions.
-> you also shouldn't send any money
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 01:09:26 PM

Offering that kind of interest rate isn't a business plan, it's just retarded. If you have such an awesome business making so much profit, that you can offer that kind of interest, why do you need to borrow money in the first place?

And if you do borrow money, why do you do it in the worst way possible? Post anonymously on a forum on the internet, offering insane interest rates, with an ad that looks exactly like a ponzi, with no excuse other than a "super secret" business plan?

Nothing about it makes sense at all if you look at it from the perspective of an investor, as you say you should. That's because it isn't one, it's a con.

As you said, it's either a terrible business plan, or a scam. Neither one of those is a good investment.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:13:36 PM

Just looked into it more, it's simply to good to be true.

Like Badbear said, why would they need to borrow money in the first place, they are offering insane rates.

Don't trust it one bit.
Tiru

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:37:03 PM

Good to know, tyvm
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

I completely agree: it's definitely a scam.

Does anybody know what the wait time between depositing your hard-earned money and possibly getting back "more" is at this point?  Last time I checked, it was 3 weeks.
TheUnk

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:08:15 PM

haha well I think I just got suckered into this..

I sent .05 a week ago and got my payout yesterday, confirmed and all.

So I went to send some more, having confidence, sent .60 for the "Anniversary Special!".  Nothing showing up, no updates. Ah well, just gonna chalk that $70 off as gambling losses  Tongue
reich

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:37:15 PM

Anti scam bump

(see picture above)

Be happy you got your money back, you could be the last one to receive some.

This, your very lucky.
zRISC

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:49:00 PM

if anyone wants to play there the Ponzi scheme... well, better donate to me, 1 BTC would be really, really nice  Cheesy

1KzEtxTYMRNQusaM1xhgHsi36DuXPYwus6

I'd like to get some FPGAs just in case  Wink

also.. Anti-Scam bump.
crypt0maniac

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:51:28 PM

indeed this is SCAM !
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:10:56 PM

Now traffic is redirected to btccheap (a similar scam service), which they claimed has no connection to them before.
zRISC

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:16:01 PM

if it smells like sh*t, tastes like.. well, the conclusion is evident  Tongue
condor335
Copper Member

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:23:22 PM

Now traffic is redirected to btccheap (a similar scam service), which they claimed has no connection to them before.

it's the same guy, he's faking a foreign accent through email.

"Mining united is scam
We are not miningunited.com

We are btccheap.com
They lie!"

it's almost a parody
reich

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:57:56 PM

Agree with op website is a scam.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:16:54 PM

It doesn't stop here, emails to btccheap.com are answered with "We are not Minung United, they are scam".
(Sure, you are not Mining United, that's why their website refers to you now, idiots!)
Still anyone out there doubting this is a scam?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:42:56 PM

It doesn't stop here, emails to btccheap.com are answered with "We are not Minung United, they are scam".
(Sure, you are not Mining United, that's why their website refers to you now, idiots!)
Still anyone out there doubting this is a scam?

Nope, I'm with you on that!

Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:47:38 PM

What if some one hacked  miningunited.com website to re-direct to btccheap.com website , may be a new competitor who plans similar service, still very fishy .. Undecided
Benchman

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:49:04 PM

Thanks.
Jaseph

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:57:58 PM

Anyone who lost substantial amounts and wants to report them, this is the FBI's cyber fraud unit:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

There is a simple form to fill out.
condor335
Copper Member

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:02:51 PM

Anyone who lost substantial amounts and wants to report them, this is the FBI's cyber fraud unit:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

There is a simple form to fill out.

Thanks I did that, everyone else should too. I'll spread the link around.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:00:38 PM

What if some one hacked  miningunited.com website to re-direct to btccheap.com website , may be a new competitor who plans similar service, still very fishy .. Undecided
Are you kidding me?
Everyone that beliefs that story should visit the doctor for a reality check.

(Btw: this is really the story they are going with:)

I'm at work now, typing on phone. Received email from mining united before website redirected to btccheap. Have more info, will type back in 3-4 hours. Can't check wallet right now.

We have sent you 1.00 BitCoin as an immediate emergency refund.

We are currently experiencing hacking attempts from bttcheap.com! They locked out our gmail!

MU Support Team MiningUnited.com - BitCoin Shared Servers

Tried to email back, got automated email immediately from btccheap. Email said that MU email box was deleted and to contact btccheap.

Btccheap's website seems to be ALMOST the same as MU, but sections are different with poorer grammer, misspellings.

Yeah, sure...
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:33:21 PM

anti-scam bump
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:09:50 PM

anti-scam bump
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:35:03 PM

Now all traffic is redirected to The Bitcoin Wiki, guess you can say byebye to all coins left on MU or BTCCheap now.
reich

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:57:47 PM

Wait, so how is btccheap.com a scam? I used them before :/
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:00:30 PM

Wait, so how is btccheap.com a scam? I used them before :/
Did you even read the OP?
redlight

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:28:59 PM

We already know that they are scams.
reich

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:48:34 PM

MU enabled larger payments, is offering double payouts and adds bonus for large payments.
They will either continue with even crazier offers in hope to get even more or they will run now.
Let's see what happens.

Only time will tell.
roshea

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:17:53 AM

Now the UM website is back online with a statement they've shutdown.  Link to the legal disclaimer with all the statements referring to their right to shut down at any time with no notice, no refunds, and no obligation of any kind to return funds are all highlighted.
BTCoder

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:18:06 AM

Its a rip!
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:25:09 AM

Now the UM website is back online with a statement they've shutdown.  Link to the legal disclaimer with all the statements referring to their right to shut down at any time with no notice, no refunds, and no obligation of any kind to return funds are all highlighted.
Here you have it, the scam is official now.
(Note for those scamming bastards: Putting such a disclaimer will not help you, if Bitcoin succeeds the bounty on your head will be enormous. Hope you are ready to pack your stuff and hide in a cave)
minerone2

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:25:43 AM

thank you for letting us know!!
Twitchie

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:06:37 AM

Thankfully they only got me for just under 1 BTC. I sure wished they lived closer to me...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: