Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't use Miningunited.com/btccheap.com!  (Read 3186 times)
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:56:47 AM

Let me translate their "Terms of Service" for you:

Basically it says:
"I am allowed to run away with all your money whenever I want to"
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blindfaith

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

Basically it says:

I agree and realise the terms allow them to basically do what they want once we've sent their payments but they seem legit for now, a lot of big time companies probably have similar t&c's if we were to all read them word for word bu yeah.. specially for atleast the time being they provide the blockchain link of them repaying.. I'll back them. Each to their own though and every payment is a risk.

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:21:26 AM

Basically it says:

I agree and realise the terms allow them to basically do what they want once we've sent their payments but they seem legit for now, a lot of big time companies probably have similar t&c's if we were to all read them word for word bu yeah.. specially for atleast the time being they provide the blockchain link of them repaying.. I'll back them. Each to their own though and every payment is a risk.
Do whatever you want, but don't come back crying that they have scammed you.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:36:36 PM

antiscam-bump
EdoBcn

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:43:16 PM

http://imgur.com/MvUguUS

So, now they are playing satoshi dice at 50% with the collected btc...

Like "we have too many, let's gamble"...  Cry
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:48:08 PM

Like "we have too many, let's gamble"...  Cry
Guess 50% of the users decided to donate "in a funny way" Cheesy
EdoBcn

Activity: 241

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:56:47 PM

Like "we have too many, let's gamble"...  Cry
Guess 50% of the users decided to donate "in a funny way" Cheesy

Interesting loop then. But miningunited pays back only to the original wallet, as satoshi dice, so the very first transaction should have been originated by them.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

I don't think I will have to bump up this thread very often anymore, seems like it's already coming to an end.
(Probably depending on his SatoshiDice Luck)
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:12:05 PM

There already some users complaining about not getting paid.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:31:28 PM

Offtopic-bump: We are back to the crazy Bitcoin ride. up and down. crash and rise.
Illimensky

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:34:19 PM

Antiscam-bump because there was some recent activity on the other thread.

Can someone please PM the OP from the other thread (Is MiningUnited a SCAM) and tell them to edit the post so it's no longer so positive towards MiningUnited, with maybe a link to this thread?
scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:37:20 PM

As the topic is bumped up again and again and the first pages are very positive:
There is a high  probability of it being scam!

Reasons to believe this:
- a very high amount of new accounts praising the service
- the domain is registered anonymously
- the waiting time is getting longer (-> hint to a long con)
- the interest rate is insanely high (>30% a week?)
- There are a lot of SatoshiDice transactions from MiningUnited adresses
- The excuse for this was kinda shady (some people want to donate in a "funny way")
- we've gotten no proof that they are really running a mining service yet

Well it's been over a week. I've been withholding making this public since I know once I do I will get a payment.

Here you have it, a real long time member saying they don't pay.

https://blockchain.info/address/181n25vgaDfbUYkaynUEo4haCyutcq3v4i

I know this is a long con but now it seems it's also a short con.

And cue the payment with an excuse... 3.. 2.. 1...

To those just now realizing it is a scam ... I mean really.  37% interest for a week?  Really?  Pirate only gave 7% and that was a massive masssive warning sign.

37% weekly interest is 1,286,676,865% annually.  Anyone know a miner which makes 1 billion % profit per year.  i.e. guy a $200 GPU, spend $100 in electricity and get $3,860,030,594 in annual mining rewards.  That is the kind of gross profits they would need ... just to break even and pay all of it out as interest.

Has anyone read their "User Agreement / Terms of Service"?

It is CLEARLY listed at the bottom of every page:

MINING UNITED RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY / OR ALL TRANSACTIONS AT ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON WITH NO BITCOIN OR OTHER TYPE REFUND. ANY BITCOIN(S) SENT TO ANY 'BITCOIN ADDRESSES' ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE A ZERO MONETARY VALUE ($USD OR OTHER) ONCE RECEIVED. MINING UNITED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FINANCIAL LOSS RESULTING FROM USE. WITH ALL 'INVESTMENTS' THERE IS ASSUMED RISK.

Mining United will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website: 1) For any indirect, special or consequential loss; or 2) For any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Mining United has been expressly advised of the potential loss. Mining United and all related individuals are not responsible for the loss of BitCoins related to the use of this Website and services provided.

We (Mining United) and all parties are not responsible for any lost BitCoins from using any service on this Website and cannot be held responsible. We (Mining United) have the right to shutdown our services at any time with no refund to any current transactions

I got out while I could, you should too. These "terms" have always been there, but it is becoming more clear what their end intentions are!

MINING UNITED AKA "KEVIN CHASTAIN" I HAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THE CLAIMS OF NON PAYOUTS AND THIS POST I WILL OUT YOU. YOU DUMB FUCK SCAMMER I KNEW IT.

Basically it says:

Could a mod edit the first post of the other thread with a warning, please?
. Thanks il make sure to avoid them.
condor335
Copper Member

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

I posted this in another thread but want to share it in here as well. I've given him about 30+ coins, still in que. I will report back with my results ASAP.

I would advise others who want to make a large investment to hold off until I can confirm whether this is a scam or not. 30+ might be a lot right now, but when it was only $7.2 it wasn't all that much and these are coins I am perfectly willing to gamble.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:48:02 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 05:15:19 PM by Birdy

I posted this in another thread but want to share it in here as well. I've given him about 30+ coins, still in que. I will report back with my results ASAP.

I would advise others who want to make a large investment to hold off until I can confirm whether this is a scam or not. 30+ might be a lot right now, but when it was only $7.2 it wasn't all that much and these are coins I am perfectly willing to gamble.

I would advise others not to make any investments in Miningunited regardless of your result.
If you publically announce you are going to test them (and even give them more if it succeeds like you said in the other thread) they will gladly throw money at you, because it will increase the amount they will be able to scam.
If you want to test it, you have to give them less. If it's a ponzi they wont be able to pay everyone back (just some SatoshiDice luck or a big loan could help there).
If it's not they will not have any problems, because they could just use the mining for themselves.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:11:50 PM

STOP!

That's completely the WRONG way to verify whether or not something is a scam.

Go to HYIP sites, those horrible things which look like they were designed in 1995. They have little badges on them for various HYIPonzis.

On these badges, they have "Paying," or "Not Paying." They are updated real-time, because everyone knows that putting money in is a gamble with a huge house edge. They establish credibility by paying for a while, then up-and-leave. The longer they stay, the more people play, but eventually, it costs more to pay interest than what the ponzi op gets in receiving new funds from the established credibility.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:58:32 PM

If you have too much money you can send it to my adress instead of supporting those scammers, I will even do a "thank you"-Thread.
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:22:45 PM

anti-scam bump
BTCoder

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:24:14 PM

I agree dont use minigunited.com!
bitshy

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:35:29 PM

This sounds just like a Ponzi scheme. From sec.gov:

"""
What is a Ponzi scheme?

A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often solicit new investors by promising to invest funds in opportunities claimed to generate high returns with little or no risk. In many Ponzi schemes, the fraudsters focus on attracting new money to make promised payments to earlier-stage investors and to use for personal expenses, instead of engaging in any legitimate investment activity.

Why do Ponzi schemes collapse?

With little or no legitimate earnings, the schemes require a consistent flow of money from new investors to continue. Ponzi schemes tend to collapse when it becomes difficult to recruit new investors or when a large number of investors ask to cash out.
"""
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:59:00 PM

MU enabled larger payments, is offering double payouts and adds bonus for large payments.
They will either continue with even crazier offers in hope to get even more or they will run now.
Let's see what happens.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: