Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't use Miningunited.com/btccheap.com!  (Read 3186 times)
BitQuick.net

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 12:12:08 AM

thanks for the headsup!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Birdy (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:58:21 AM

No problem, others will learn it the hard way.
It's sad MU probably got tons of BTCs if they decide to run away now :<
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:09:03 AM

and up we go
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:05:25 PM

anti-scam bump
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:10:14 PM

Very true, I believe this will happen. They have already got a lot of users using their service, which haven't received anything yet.
The ones that claim they have are normally low post counts and can't provide any evidence, however there are some who generally give good evidence, but MU could just do this to build up a reputation.

I have been wary of this website since it got announced, I'm not going to say it's a scam without any solid proof, but I will warn others to look into every possible aspect of the site and chose wisely.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:34:15 PM

Very true, I believe this will happen. They have already got a lot of users using their service, which haven't received anything yet.
The ones that claim they have are normally low post counts and can't provide any evidence, however there are some who generally give good evidence, but MU could just do this to build up a reputation.

I have been wary of this website since it got announced, I'm not going to say it's a scam without any solid proof, but I will warn others to look into every possible aspect of the site and chose wisely.

I'm with you in regards to the "scam" accusations. If you deal with them, treat it like an investment. It's entirely possible that they aren't scamming and just don't understand what's going to happen long-term with their business plan. Or it could be a pyramid scheme.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:36:44 PM

I'm with you in regards to the "scam" accusations. If you deal with them, treat it like an investment. It's entirely possible that they aren't scamming and just don't understand what's going to happen long-term with their business plan. Or it could be a pyramid scheme.
More like gambling than an investment.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:43:04 PM

More like gambling than an investment.

In a lot of ways investments are gambling (you're essentially gambling in the hopes that your investment pays off and the company doesn't tank). So you're right, :p.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:46:51 PM

In a lot of ways investments are gambling (you're essentially gambling in the hopes that your investment pays off and the company doesn't tank). So you're right, :p.
If you are investing you are giving money, because you believe in the business model / someones skills etc. If you solely rely on luck or you don't know whats going on it's gambling.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:50:17 PM

If you are investing you are giving money, because you believe in the business model / someones skills etc. If you solely rely on luck or you don't know whats going on it's gambling.

In this case, though, I don't think there's really enough proof that it's a scam ("yet"). So really what you're doing is putting up money "because you believe in the business model" (you're hoping that they really can give back more than you paid in, as a result of their hashing. The hashing and returning of funds + interest would be their business model).

Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:56:46 PM

In this case, though, I don't think there's really enough proof that it's a scam ("yet"). So really what you're doing is putting up money "because you believe in the business model" (you're hoping that they really can give back more than you paid in, as a result of their hashing. The hashing and returning of funds + interest would be their business model).

No, actually it's more of "you don't know whats going on", have you actually seen any evidence that they are running mining machines with the needed power?
People asked for it and it was never shown.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:01:58 PM

No, actually it's more of "you don't know whats going on", have you actually seen any evidence that they are running mining machines with the needed power?
People asked for it and it was never shown.

Well, in the case of the business model itself, I don't think (even if they were purchasing the hardware) it would be sustainable due to the high interest rates. It's more of a pyramid scheme to me.

As for whether or not they are running the machines (should they be legitimate), it's possible that they are investing into something like one of the funds (ASICMINER I think is one?), rather than running their own.

Birdy (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:05:28 PM

Well, in the case of the business model itself, I don't think (even if they were purchasing the hardware) it would be sustainable due to the high interest rates. It's more of a pyramid scheme to me.
Then the only difference between this and a ponzi scam would be their intentions.
-> you also shouldn't send any money
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 01:09:26 PM

Offering that kind of interest rate isn't a business plan, it's just retarded. If you have such an awesome business making so much profit, that you can offer that kind of interest, why do you need to borrow money in the first place?

And if you do borrow money, why do you do it in the worst way possible? Post anonymously on a forum on the internet, offering insane interest rates, with an ad that looks exactly like a ponzi, with no excuse other than a "super secret" business plan?

Nothing about it makes sense at all if you look at it from the perspective of an investor, as you say you should. That's because it isn't one, it's a con.

As you said, it's either a terrible business plan, or a scam. Neither one of those is a good investment.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:13:36 PM

Just looked into it more, it's simply to good to be true.

Like Badbear said, why would they need to borrow money in the first place, they are offering insane rates.

Don't trust it one bit.
Tiru

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:37:03 PM

Good to know, tyvm
Illimensky

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

I completely agree: it's definitely a scam.

Does anybody know what the wait time between depositing your hard-earned money and possibly getting back "more" is at this point?  Last time I checked, it was 3 weeks.
TheUnk

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:08:15 PM

haha well I think I just got suckered into this..

I sent .05 a week ago and got my payout yesterday, confirmed and all.

So I went to send some more, having confidence, sent .60 for the "Anniversary Special!".  Nothing showing up, no updates. Ah well, just gonna chalk that $70 off as gambling losses  Tongue
reich

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:37:15 PM

Anti scam bump

-- Turns out I was just being a dumbass.
-- Mining United Pay out.
(see picture above)
or https://blockchain.info/address/1NHeStWzUFVfEjCeLupoC8AqvJHeAKMREz Wink

Be happy you got your money back, you could be the last one to receive some.

This, your very lucky.
zRISC

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:49:00 PM

if anyone wants to play there the Ponzi scheme... well, better donate to me, 1 BTC would be really, really nice  Cheesy

1KzEtxTYMRNQusaM1xhgHsi36DuXPYwus6

I'd like to get some FPGAs just in case  Wink

also.. Anti-Scam bump.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: