Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:31:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex disabled bitcoin deposit  (Read 4146 times)
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:52:58 AM

Just a heads up, to any of you that are following BCC

Bittrex will be giving their users BCC tokens on a 1:1 ratio

Deposits and withdrawals will be frozen on August 1st.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

This is an interesting news. Now, I am wondering if I will withdraw my Bitcoin to another wallet and my account will not be anymore holding any Bitcoin in Bittrex, will it mean I will not be getting any amount of BCC?

Now, if that is the case, it is not advisable to get my Bitcoin out from Bittrex since I am also interested to have some free BCC which I am planning to dump afterwards.

Am I correct?
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:43:51 AM

I also wouldn't send btc or bcc from my wallet until I will know everything runs proper.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

This is an interesting news. Now, I am wondering if I will withdraw my Bitcoin to another wallet and my account will not be anymore holding any Bitcoin in Bittrex, will it mean I will not be getting any amount of BCC?

Now, if that is the case, it is not advisable to get my Bitcoin out from Bittrex since I am also interested to have some free BCC which I am planning to dump afterwards.

Am I correct?
No, i think you are not right. As I read this news: You get your bcc on bittrex and only deposits and withdrawels are frozen on one day (1.August) to asure that no money will be lost.
I also will not send btc oe bcc from my wallet, until I will be sure that everything runs proper.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:11:35 AM

I also wouldn't send btc or bcc from my wallet until I will know everything runs proper.

Am I correct?
No, i think you are not right. As I read this news: You get your bcc on bittrex and only deposits and withdrawels are frozen on one day (1.August) to asure that no money will be lost.
I also will not send btc oe bcc from my wallet, until I will be sure that everything runs proper.
Remember in August 1st is SegWit time, and don't try send Bitcoin in this time if not want loss your Bitcoin in old blockchain. Maybe not only one day can stable the system, even need one week sure we can sending Bitcoin normally.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:29:10 AM

That means the splitting is really and there is going to be a serious hardfork issues after august first. We should actually prepared for this upcoming events that may fix or Mar bitcoin and others crytocurrency. You coins will later be credited into your account you only need to be a little bit patients.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:34:56 AM

That means the splitting is really and there is going to be a serious hardfork issues after august first. We should actually prepared for this upcoming events that may fix or Mar bitcoin and others crytocurrency. You coins will later be credited into your account you only need to be a little bit patients.
All exchange is now preparing to postpone all transactions on 1st of August 2017. They are all prepared and do not want a higher risk because they keep running the transaction. Temporary suspension becomes an alternative to securing the bitcoins owned by users. Because hardfork can be problematic when the transaction remains done as usual. All waiting for a stable result and then setting an unspecified time limit.
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:40:25 PM

All exchange is now preparing to postpone all transactions on 1st of August 2017. They are all prepared and do not want a higher risk because they keep running the transaction. Temporary suspension becomes an alternative to securing the bitcoins owned by users. Because hardfork can be problematic when the transaction remains done as usual. All waiting for a stable result and then setting an unspecified time limit.
But now BTC transactions in bittrex can be done.
But for now I have not tried it. Is there someone who will try it?
Good luck...!!
lecongnhan123

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

They disabled Bitcoin transactions because they need to make sure that after the 1st August, Bitcoin Blockchain will stay stable but good news is that they accepted Bitcoin again, just try to deposit.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:31:05 PM

Certainly not gone. Bittrex has a liability to honor your deposit and will probably do so soon. There might be some delay as they're now requiring more confirmations for transactions for security reasons but your money is most definitely not gone.

Now thats the good way of doing business. Bittrex will really do something about the btc you deposited and its big amount too. But you have to be very much careful as deposits/withdrawal/sell/buy will be disabled soon by each and every wallet, exchangers for security reasons. Let the hard fork pass on buddy!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:00:02 PM

I just happened to Deposit amount of 3 BTC to my bittrex address and when i log in to the bittrex after 7 confirmation on blockchain to trade and i find that wallet is disabled for bip91.
So will i be able to recover funds or they are gone?

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000761392
Do not worry about that, you will not lose anything if you send money to bittrex. They are just trying to be secure, so they need more confirmation. You can revoke it.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:22:53 PM

Your BTC not actually gone please do not create any transaction July 30 to August  3 this will be lose of all your send funds to another wallet. but now everything's is okey do you need some patience cause bittrex very carefully confirmed your deposit.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:11:09 PM

Am I correct?
Remember in August 1st is SegWit time, and don't try send Bitcoin in this time if not want loss your Bitcoin in old blockchain. Maybe not only one day can stable the system, even need one week sure we can sending Bitcoin normally.
I concur with you. It might be happening because Segwit has almost approached. It’s really not wise to deposit your bitcoins at any exchange right now. This may result in the loss of coins ultimately leaving you depressed and miserable. As far as bittrex is concerned, they will soon resolve this issue.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:05:43 PM

I just happened to Deposit amount of 3 BTC to my bittrex address and when i log in to the bittrex after 7 confirmation on blockchain to trade and i find that wallet is disabled for bip91.

Read the upper left hand side of the forum page. It says:

Due to BIP91, it would starting now be prudent to require 5 times more confirmations than usual before trusting transactions.

So it's normal and you 99.9999% won't lose your funds. Bittrex is just taking preacautions to avoid bad situations. Anyway, we shouldn't perform transactions until the bip91 completed.
You would not lose your bitcoins,just need more confirmations and thats why the delay in receiving your bitcoins.Thats why it has been already advised to maximum try to avoid sending bitcoins at this time.Usually some exchanges even suspend deposits and withdrawals for 24 to 48 hours during such hard fork situations.
juni0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:05:36 PM

I cannot even login to Bittrex right now. Hopefully there is no hacking involved on the day we have Bitcoin Folk Sad
PokerStein1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:08:17 PM

I cannot even login to Bittrex right now. Hopefully there is no hacking involved on the day we have Bitcoin Folk Sad

I can not even login also , i hope everything is ok for us or for bittrex. It can be really disappointing if bittrex got hacked.

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:26:49 PM

Read the upper left hand side of the forum page. It says:

Due to BIP91, it would starting now be prudent to require 5 times more confirmations than usual before trusting transactions.

So it's normal and you 99.9999% won't lose your funds. Bittrex is just taking preacautions to avoid bad situations. Anyway, we shouldn't perform transactions until the bip91 completed.
You would not lose your bitcoins,just need more confirmations and thats why the delay in receiving your bitcoins.Thats why it has been already advised to maximum try to avoid sending bitcoins at this time.Usually some exchanges even suspend deposits and withdrawals for 24 to 48 hours during such hard fork situations.
You only put your bitcoins in trouble. We are discussing from last one month that we don't do any transaction when segwit2x is activating I think you also know this still you tried means it's your fault. Anyway, you made mistake but don't worry your bitcoins will be 99% safe you will get it but don't know how much time it will take to arrive in your wallet just wait and see.
juni0r

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:03:18 PM

I can login to Bittrex and see my BCC now Cheesy Happy lol
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:12:21 PM

Not only Bittrex, many other trading websites have disabled bitcoin deposit. It takes time for the proper beginning of the bitcoin trading with several other pairs. Probably a BCC/BTC pair gets added to the list on every trading website. The value of bitcoin and bitcoin cash grows in a mutual manner profiting all the users who has been holding with trust.
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:44:58 PM

All is well on Trex at this time.  Bitcoin deposits are again enabled.

We should all know this by now lol

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
devchris1992

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:23:53 PM

Almost the same issue...

I deposited 0.03... btc from nice hash to bittrex and it's waiting for confirmations for 24 hours already...

https://blockchain.info/address/17mnwx6D6Yyh1Ho1GzJiBcBBPdtnVGiJ95
snakey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:07:17 AM

Almost the same issue...

I deposited 0.03... btc from nice hash to bittrex and it's waiting for confirmations for 24 hours already...

https://blockchain.info/address/17mnwx6D6Yyh1Ho1GzJiBcBBPdtnVGiJ95

I see your Input as spent so i guess it was settled.

Update :
ETH deposit and withdraw was enabled again from yesterday evening, for few hours because of Byzantium Hard Fork the bittrex disabled the ETH wallet but everything seems working fine now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: