Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The lagest Bitcoin mixer is about to stop working  (Read 90990 times)
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:42:34 PM

I have never used any mixers nor i have been involved in any funny business. But if i was, I'd certainly trust nothing from this guy anymore. He is definitively compromised right now so if you did any tumbling of funny coins you have to expect the worst.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:19:02 AM

I'm really surprised about reason why you are closing Bitmixer. If site generates huge profit, I don't believe you can close it for moral reasons. Where you morale was in that years when you runned this service?
Anyway, I wasn't user of Bitmixer, but I respect you for running one of the most trusted bitcoin service for these years. Good luck with your future projects, whatever you will do.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:08:41 AM

It is pretty obvious this come because of pressures with Alphabay and HANSA closing. OP also know that mixing cant fully wash bitcoins. So would get lost of angry customers soon anyway.
In general they have all right to pick up the profits and move on. Most likely just retire. Smiley
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:15:06 AM

It is pretty obvious this come because of pressures with Alphabay and HANSA closing. OP also know that mixing cant fully wash bitcoins. So would get lost of angry customers soon anyway.
In general they have all right to pick up the profits and move on. Most likely just retire. Smiley

I think you have a point here, well maybe this is a peaceful exit for them. Owner has earn so much already, good for them. It is also good that they honestly explain their position in public.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:20:54 AM

There is no quitting in this business, you'll soon understand what I mean, when you enter this business you'll have to stay in it till death do us a part.

If I were a drug dealer used your service frequently I'd be keep looking for you and eliminate you because now that you want out you are a loose end.

I think you didn't think about that did you genius? once you're in then you're in for good, now you should calm yourself down and get back to the business

As usual, we're worst than any fucking government or any organization, we act when we feel danger, we act by eliminating any loose ends.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:34:45 AM

guys, OP can't admit it but they are under duress.

This is as obvious as it gets and this is their form of warrant canary. OP specifically mentioned those honeypot coin alternatives to simultaneously aid law enforcement create new investigations on users that don't catch on, as well as make it obvious as code words for their duress.

OP didn't say Zerocash, which has the optional opaque feature although nobody uses it properly. OP said Zerocoin.

OP didn't say Monero, which would stifle all law enforcement effort. In fact, no mention of cryptonote technology at all.

The incongruency was worded to be obvious to any body here for some time, but simply cannot say anything to reveal the state action against him. So therefore it is my turn to reveal how that works to help you all.

In response to non-disclosable actions by the government, some operators of tech services just shutter the service. This is what you saw with encrypted mail services in the past that weren't decentralized enough to simply ignore government pressure.
This is possible but I don't think this is the case. The kind of website that bitmixer runs means the government is more likely to seize their servers and arrest the owner than serve them with a warrant and/or subpoena.

The OP is likely afraid of capture and shutting down means his chances of this are the greatest.

It is possible that the OP looked at transactions in a short period of time and/or looked at support tickets and say a large percentage of transactions to/from DNMs and don't want to become a target for law enforcement.

There is no quitting in this business, you'll soon understand what I mean, when you enter this business you'll have to stay in it till death do us a part.

Not true. You should quit while you are ahead and while you have your freedom.
MunzeDealer

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:27:44 AM

This is as obvious as it gets and this is their form of warrant canary. OP specifically mentioned those honeypot coin alternatives to simultaneously aid law enforcement create new investigations on users that don't catch on, as well as make it obvious as code words for their duress.

OP didn't say Zerocash, which has the optional opaque feature although nobody uses it properly. OP said Zerocoin.

OP didn't say Monero, which would stifle all law enforcement effort. In fact, no mention of cryptonote technology at all.

The incongruency was worded to be obvious to any body here for some time, but simply cannot say anything to reveal the state action against him. So therefore it is my turn to reveal how that works to help you all.

In response to non-disclosable actions by the government, some operators of tech services just shutter the service. This is what you saw with encrypted mail services in the past that weren't decentralized enough to simply ignore government pressure.

https://keruxreplies.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/conspiracy.jpg
1blockologist

Activity: 505
Merit: 250

Activist Investor

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 02:51:09 AM

conspiracy - noun :

"the action of plotting or conspiring."

"a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful."

there's no need to attempt to trivialize reality with your non sequiturs

▄██
                                  ▄████
                                ▄██████
                              ▄████████
                            ▄██████████
                          ▄████████████
                        ▄██████████████
                      ▄████████████████
                    ▄██████████████████
                  ▄████████████████████
                ▄██████████████████████
▄███████████▀ ▄████████████████████████
██████████▀ ▄█████████████████████████▀
████████▀
██████▀
████▀
██▀

=
PARETO 

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  The first Peer to Peer Financial Content 
& Information Marketplace

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
  JOIN THE NETWORK
         airdrops available!       

██
 █
██
 █
██
 █
              WHITEPAPER             
TELEGRAM ■■ FACEBOOK ■■ TWITTER ■■ LINKEDIN
     MEDIUM ■■ YOUTUBE ■■ GITHUB ■■ BOUNTY
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:58:28 AM

Wow! I never saw this coming. I thought someone was joking when I read this on another thread. So after 6 years you've just changed your mind? I hope that's true and not just BS you have to say in order to protect your freedom. Good luck on your future endeavours!!
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16589

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 03:51:00 AM

Note: I've never used BitMixer so I won't miss it's services. One of the reasons for not using it is that the coins I get back are most likely from someone who's trying to hide worse things than me Tongue
When you used Bitmixer, they would give you a "Letter of Guarantee" (mentioned here) so that you could prove that you sent funds to their site (signed message from their address + signed message from you = proof).

If the authorities came knocking, you could just prove to them that you sent your funds to Bitmixer, and therefore that the tied coins were not yours.
I've seen it, but I don't think it proves anything as it still requires the authorities to believe BitMixer is honest.
For the deposit, it certainly doesn't require that.  The point is for them to sign a message proving that the address you're sending to is owned by Bitmixer.  So as for the funds coming back to you, you can sign a message proving that you own the address that received a transaction of the same amount you send to Bitmixer, if that makes sense.

After that, the authorities can either believe a mixture of cryptographic proof and completely obvious reasoning, believe that Bitmixer stole your money and you just mysteriously received a transaction from a criminal at that time, or believe that you own Bitmixer.  I'd say the former one is the only logical way that they could go.
I doubt a judge would believe evidence created by the anonymous website that you claim laundered your money into coins wanted for something you claim you didn't do.
I don't see why not if you provide evidence that Bitcoin's signed message system is sound and you verify Bitmixer's signature.
Let's put it this way: BitMixer can sign a message now, claiming the address in my profile is their deposit address. The problem is not with Bitcoin's signatures, the problem is with having to trust BitMixer on this.
Of course BitMixer wouldn't do this in the past, as it gives me enough to destroy their reputation. But now that they've closed their business, what stops them from giving out signatures at request to be used at lawsuits from big money launderers?
If I go full paranoid, this could even have been a reason to close the site: save someone who's being charged with something. My point is: this signature isn't worth anything for a judge.

CryptoGuu

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:02:25 AM

Not true. You should quit while you are ahead and while you have your freedom.

#true

well played sir and thanks for your service all the years.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:06:43 AM

Have to accept this, since this mixer (Bitmixer) runs years already and this platform helps a lot totally to Bitcoin users especially to those who are using always a mixer. And also let's give chance to those new mixers here Grin and since chipmixer already made its name and services to serve people.

EDIT: And I don't know what are the reactions of those people who owned those clones of Bitmixer since they closed their service.Roll Eyes
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:26:30 AM

Maybe ya'll should see it as an opportunity. Anyone who can provide a service with the same degree of trust will be rewarded.

(May be risky in the current era. Alternatively just buy Monero).
VanLan

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:25:05 AM

I never used the service, but was always a friend of all kind of privacy.
Nevertheless, you've my respect for that decision.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:30:42 AM

Why would a business that is earning high income in BTC suddenly change course and declare that BTC shouldnt be private? Maybe theres something going on here that needs investigating. Could it be the owners are suddenly pressured to stop mixing coins from the darknet? Theres also the possibility of the service already compromised for a long time by the DEA or FBI or something and the owners just found it this week.
cryptoJon

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:16:20 AM

Was sending some money to family. more then $4,000 tried several times to connect to the .onion site which failed so I ended up having to use the regular site. Downloaded the guarantee letter as usual, and by next day still nothing came out the other end.  Huh

If the profit is so good, finish up our transactions before closing please this was hard worked for and much needed money for them. Have used you many times in the past, this is a bad way to go.

cJ
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1476

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:17:13 AM

Maybe it is just an hacked account here, on the webpage there has nothing changed.
If he is the real user, he would anounce that first on his web page.

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
jpdorn

Activity: 429
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:23:08 AM

[...] I really don't want to earn helping criminals. It is not only personal. Bitcoin couldn't be accepted by general public and governments if it is a crime tool. No, no, no. Fortunately last years appeared special anonymous cryptocurrencies for this purpose. But Bitcoin has another big aims. It is a finance revolution, but not a crime finance revolution.[...]
this sentence looks very very suspicious...tough look like you never used a pgp signature, how can we know its you? or even signed this 1BitmixerEiyyp3eTLaCpgBbhYERs48qza
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:40:31 AM

This was a great service you offered to the Bitcoin community and its unfortunate you have stopped this here. I might understand that you did this concerning greater issues at hand but when you call out other mixing sites to close, don't think they will follow your steps towards closing their respective sites. Such sites have already made a large amount of profit and will continue to do so until they stumble upon issues.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:41:55 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 09:08:39 AM by gentlemand

If I were a drug dealer used your service frequently I'd be keep looking for you and eliminate you because now that you want out you are a loose end.

I think you didn't think about that did you genius? once you're in then you're in for good, now you should calm yourself down and get back to the business

As usual, we're worst than any fucking government or any organization, we act when we feel danger, we act by eliminating any loose ends.

Golly, you sound scary.

Kind of the same as all those Silk Road millions that went down with Gox. How many times was Mark Karpeles murdered again? Not very many as far as I can tell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: