Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:02:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feel like defending BFL now?  (Read 12068 times)
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:52:08 AM

I kind of feel like a dick for giving them any of my money... Embarrassed If only I had found that thread outing the CEO as a known and convicted scammer I wouldn't have.

I'm actually in the process of creating a new mining news site to compact this kind of information into something easy to see, a larger version of my Crypto Mining Vendor database in the Speculation area. With so many "BFL scam" threads it is difficult to pile through them all...

Unfortunately this problem is all over the place. Not a single other one aside Avalon or AsicMiner have delivered squat, and mostly either lie or are non-existent but are more than happy to take your money. Something must be done. The desire for ASIC has blinded so many to these frauds.

Ah you shouldn't....

But I applaud you for coming to your senses.  It seems that most people I talk to either say "oh, it was only XXX dollars, I can afford to lose that if BFL doesn't deliver" - which, BTW, are very irrational thoughts.  a dollar is a dollar is a dollar.   earned, inherited, or easy come.  treat them all like you worked your ass off for them and you'll never be taken advantage of.

It's pretty clear that BFL has been cavalier with their "investor" funds, and have mismanaged this product to the Nth degree.  I refunded in February when they failed to meet their deadlines.  I hoped they would eventually make it right for those who were still in the game.  But it's freaking the end of May..  and things are moving pretty fast on the block chain.  They had claims of delivering by Christmas time last year!!!!!!  4.8 Ghash for a Jalepeno was like 7 times the amount of power I had at the time to mine.... now 4.8ghashs (or whatever it was) would produce a hell of a lot more BTC back then than it will today.

I wonder what the tipping point is for a mass refund request from the folks on here who are keeping this project funded.  Josh has proven to be incredibly unprofessional and justifies his unprofessional behavior with "well, you started it..."  -  Imagine that you went to a restaurant, and they made you wait 3 days for the meal you ordered.. its not a perfect analogy.  And the entire restaurant is getting irate... then the owner comes out insulting restaurant patrons with terms like "cock waffle" - I'm baffled that more people aren't opting out of this investment....

I'll get off my soap box now...  

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:58:22 PM

BFL has expertly managed to create and maintain a system where many involved are near perfectly balanced on the precipice that separates fear and greed. Many of their investors express dissatisfaction with the many deceptions BFL has presented, but then go on to say that they'll not cancel for fear of "missing out". The order queue system is brilliant for locking people into a bad situation. The lost bets gave people confidence that BFL would hit their specs this time, though that didn't happen either.

When things seem to be moving against BFL for too long they raise prices and investors see that as value being added to their already placed orders. When the delays seem to be unbearable BFL ships a few half baked Jr. mining devices to devs, press, apologists/shills, and a few early investors, but we've been told many times that when shipping begins they can quickly ramp up to 300 - 400 units per day...didn't happen. The whole thing seems to be carefully cultivated to keep the screws turned tightly on investors.

phluxx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:08:02 PM

Anyone who does business with BFL is a moron.  They have yet to ship anything substantial, and this Josh guy is a rager and a PR nightmare.  Amy's Bakery anyone?

BFL is a liability.  Anyone who throws money at them deserves to lose it. People who want to be involved in bitcoin should be looking for lows in bitcoin price and just buy and hold bitcoins rather than investing in a product that may or may not arrive, from a company with a less than stellar reputation.  If you want ASICs, look at having one of the DIY guys build you something when the Avalon chips get in, or buy the ASICMiner gear.  There is no reason to be held hostage by BFL anymore, people.
BitWulf

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:01:00 AM

With all this said is BFL mining with its customers ASICs?
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:03:55 AM

That would require them to actually have them. So far all I've seen is photos of empty cases and prototype units they sent to the media to help hook some more suckers.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:35:08 AM

Oh, yes, of course.  The title "Feel like defending BFL now?" is certainly courteous and rational.  Silly me.

Oh wait... not it was rhetoric of an idiot wanting to trumpet some imagined transgression by BFL and shouting it as loudly as he knew how and making it as dramatic as possible.

Let me fix your reality filter by showing you how to post a courteous thread with the same information, so you know where you went wrong in trying to show me where I went wrong:

Title: Any idea why there's a huge spike in Kansas City for bitcoin mining?
Content: Hey, does anyone know why there's a huge spike in the middle of Kansas where BFL is located for bitcoin mining?  

That's how you do rational, courteous threads.  You do not write "Feel like defending BFL now?" as the title and just post pictures as the content, like you are some retarded super sleuth who's uncovered a nefarious plot to overthrow the government that only exists in their mind.  That just makes you an idiot and an asshole, which is why he got the response he got.

Shut UP SCAMMER..plain and simple ...u and your fucking hot air ...go fucken do what peopel have paid you millions to do and SHUT THE FUCK UP !!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 12:01:20 AM

Testers gonna test?

+1

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:35:20 AM

That node has looked like that for as long as I can remember (basically since that particular map was first created).
It's because it isn't a single person/pool, it is the "other" category that centers itself on the country.  I read the whole thread and nobody seemed to pick up on this.  Basically, if the software that generates that graph can't locate the true position it lumps it all into a bar on the center of the country.  It is always the largest bar.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 03:40:15 AM

what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:04:13 AM

That node has looked like that for as long as I can remember (basically since that particular map was first created).
It's because it isn't a single person/pool, it is the "other" category that centers itself on the country.  I read the whole thread and nobody seemed to pick up on this.  Basically, if the software that generates that graph can't locate the true position it lumps it all into a bar on the center of the country.  It is always the largest bar.

Good to know. I never did take that graphic as anything other than a conspiracy theory (read: No way BFL would be able to create a blip that large).

Have never really paid attention to the map before, so the historical context is appreciated.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:02:26 PM

There is no way to stop people from posting what they want. But there is a way to win 3rd party observers like myself by not acting like a child and saying "he acted irrationally,  so I can too!".  You obviously have lost the confidence/trust from the original poster, but you have 1000's of others reading your comments (or more)... and IMO, it seems like a good chunk of them do care how you carry yourself on forums and how you treat customers, even irrational ones.

+1 

Seconded.  Imagine if Jamie Dimon acted like that..shareholders would've dumped him in an instant.  Maybe BFL should hire a PR rep...or twelve.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:31:42 AM

There is no way to stop people from posting what they want. But there is a way to win 3rd party observers like myself by not acting like a child and saying "he acted irrationally,  so I can too!".  You obviously have lost the confidence/trust from the original poster, but you have 1000's of others reading your comments (or more)... and IMO, it seems like a good chunk of them do care how you carry yourself on forums and how you treat customers, even irrational ones.

+1 

Seconded.  Imagine if Jamie Dimon acted like that..shareholders would've dumped him in an instant.  Maybe BFL should hire a PR rep...or twelve.

holy hell..  Jamie 'That's Why I am Richer than You' Dimon??  really?  The guy that acted like he had no knowledge how outta control his London Whale bets were?  The same guy who spawned Blythe the Derivatives Witch Masters who chomps down the silver paper market daily?

The guy is sociopath and that is WHY the shareholders love him on wallstreet..  if you are talking businesses on main street then you would be correct

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: