Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEWARE] Boxman90 = Criminal (Extortion)  (Read 2645 times)
NWO (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:17:45 AM

A WARNING TO ALL CRYPTOCOIN OWNERS

Boxman90 messaged me yesterday saying he would destroy my coin unless I pay him PWC (Ironic I know). Obviously I refused as this IS illegal, so he has gone on a bias hate campaign (butthurt?) only against PowerCoin (failing to mention nearly EVERY coin has had some level of premine/ instamine)

The relatively small amount which was premined went into development of the coin, website, wiki, bounties etc. Any person with common sense knows, labour is NOT free. I assume this is why there is such a big problem with premines and instamines is because I quickly discovered the costs of a new coin. Costs had to be covered. Compared to the total number of coins, this is nothing!

If you have any information on this individual or are a victim of his extortion/ attempted fraud. Please message me IMMEDIATELY!

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wesleyrbk

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:18:50 AM

To be a criminal you actually need to perform a crime. He did not perform one if I'm reading your post correctly.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:19:51 AM

Youre just mad that your crapcoin has been uncovered

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:20:37 AM

To be a criminal you actually need to perform a crime. He did not perform one if I'm reading your post correctly.

Code:
Whoever, under a threat of informing, or as a consideration for not informing ... 
demands or receives any money or other valuable thing, shall be fined ...
or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. 18 USC paragraph 873 -
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:22:01 AM

It was pretty common knowledge that this coin was premined. I don't know if this can be considered a crime, two butthurt people on an internet forum whining, but boxman90 is still acting like an ass.
Balthozar

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:22:24 AM

In your situation, you should have just paid him. Now you have disclosed the premine of your own coin....  Shocked

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=wiki:user:balthozar | Earn Devcoins by Writing | Virtual Currency Exchange
DVC:1kFhM8vtEzbZ43Z5wcadPvNrb4xFXbgze | YAC:YHjjwLgjVfsnANTeb9eKeU3rtyKsFNvVCq | BQC:bUu1W2JEQzVrbFvv3EU4gW6KY2J939JDe1 | WDC:WTqa866TFP6d9HWGpYm2AztDNNMFmQ365s | FRC:1N2x7s8F78WiSFCFQPszLqhWsP6Kk1RXVp | NVC:4KcR3Dcmxz1ZDLK3VA9oHxpG4C3oYMCPeV | FTC:6ugwSRQNXQKNb5EVwQVn4CLoZNpiitiQzt | PPC:PSnEL3tmJejkdAAwiBLxSqbCide1voSKXY
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:22:33 AM

That we know of. I am looking for others to come forward. He ATTEMPTED to extort me but failed.

The community need to know about this individual. I am asking for anyone with further information to contact me immediately.
Mhash pipe

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:23:01 AM

Boxman90 messaged me yesterday saying he would destroy my coin unless I pay him PWC (Ironic I know). Obviously I refused as this IS illegal, so he has gone on a bias hate campaign (butthurt?) only against PowerCoin (failing to mention nearly EVERY coin has had some level of premine/ instamine)

The relatively small amount which was premined went into development of the coin, website, wiki, bounties etc. Any person with common sense knows, labour is NOT free. I assume this is why there is such a big problem with premines and instamines is because I quickly discovered the costs of a new coin. Costs had to be covered. Compared to the total number of coins, this is nothing!

If you have any information on this individual or are a victim of his extortion/ attempted fraud. Please message me IMMEDIATELY!

Just hire a lawyer and pay him in powercoins lol.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:24:18 AM

In your situation, you should have just paid him. Now you have disclosed the premine of your own coin....  Shocked

As stated, I will not be a victim of extortion and it was necessary for costs. At least I am tackling this head on unlike other cyptocoin owners who shy away. 
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:24:49 AM

That we know of. I am looking for others to come forward. He ATTEMPTED to extort me but failed.

The community need to know about this individual. I am asking for anyone with further information to contact me immediately.

Actually, since your coin flopped, and is worthless, how can it be extortion? He demanded PWC...PWC is worth nothing...He demanded nothing...

NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:24:58 AM

Just hire a lawyer and pay him in powercoins lol.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My father is a lawyer Cheesy
Mhash pipe

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:25:12 AM

As stated, I will not be a victim of extortion and it was necessary for costs. At least I am tackling this head on unlike other cyptocoin owners who shy away. 

This is why no one trusts a coin from a jr member
NWO (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:25:41 AM

Actually, since your coin flopped, and is worthless, how can it be extortion? He demanded PWC...PWC is worth nothing...He demanded nothing...

Do you not read the forums? It has real value and is being traded as we speak.
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:26:26 AM

Do you not read the forums? It has real value and is being traded as we speak.

I see a bunch of unanswered requests to sell it, and a spreadsheet with 8 sellers, and 0 buyers Roll Eyes

503guy

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:27:17 AM

Code:
Whoever, under a threat of informing, or as a consideration for not informing ... 

US law doesn't apply to the whole world btw..

Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

Code:

And we've already determined PWC does not count as a valuable thing. It's worthless 1's and 0's...A waste of code

Praxis
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:29:02 AM

Code:

All countries have similar laws about extortion, AFAIK. The word OP used - "criminal" - is therefore adequate.
Hydroponica

fml

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:30:45 AM

Code:

All countries have similar laws about extortion, AFAIK. The word OP used - "criminal" - is therefore adequate.

Since these forums are anonymous, and the admins can't give out personal information, even if they wanted to, good luck Roll Eyes Although I guess boxman90 could be his real name

Praxis
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:32:39 AM

Some people know so much in this thread and are so smart ... while in other threads they admit they don't know anything about computers and they "don't even know how to compile" ...  Cheesy
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:33:40 AM

reserved

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: