Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:08:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 hashrates  (Read 27974 times)
thesunday

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:01:50 PM

XMR: 482 H/s, temp: 48C, power 52W

GPU 1050/900, MEM 2150/850

ETH: 14.862 Mh/s, temp: 55C, power 67W

I had to lower MEM to 2125/850 for ETH, there where some memory errors.

PS.
Memory is  MT51J256M3 (MICRON)

So, all in all, for 35% price I got 53% of the RX 570 speed (mine RX 570s are at average doing 890 - 900 H/s XMR) at half of the power.

I have 2GB XFX, in my country 115 eur,  mining expose: 14.5 MH/s, gpu 1150/950, mem elpida 1950/850. Solution to mine ethash algo with a cheap AMD card. You need to set -allcoins exp in claymore to use devfee DAG as expose

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:35:21 PM

I just got an XFX RX 560 2GB and out of the box it did about 315 H/s on Cryptonight; after doing the one-click BIOS mod with PBE, flashing, pixel clock patching I am now doing 420 H/s without changing any of the MSI AB settings (currently at 1295 core, 1750 mem). Seemed good enough to order a 2nd, and if that one is also good then I'll fill out the rest of the 6 slots on my Onda D1800 with them and get better than a Vega 64 hashrate for about 1/2 the price. Oh, and you can actually buy it.
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:44:51 PM

RX 560 is pleasant surprise for me Smiley

Where I live they are asking 450 EUR up for RX 570 4GB. I was poking around web shops hoping I will find some for 300  Cheesy
Then I saw this poor thing being offered for 159.99 EUR:

"MSI Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX OC - 4GB"

No PCIe power plug, one fan, small PCB. Didn't look very promising.

Checked bitcointalk and found this topic. Got me interested, so I ordered it.

After 40 minutes of editing, flashing, overclocking here is the result:

XMR: 482 H/s, temp: 48C, power 52W

GPU 1050/900, MEM 2150/850

ETH: 14.862 Mh/s, temp: 55C, power 67W

I had to lower MEM to 2125/850 for ETH, there where some memory errors.

PS.
Memory is  MT51J256M3 (MICRON)

So, all in all, for 35% price I got 53% of the RX 570 speed (mine RX 570s are at average doing 890 - 900 H/s XMR) at half of the power.

Not bad, I think I will get couple of them if they are still available.

Thanks to all for good info in this thread

Well then i have a surprise for you, rx550 also does 400+ hash on cryptonight, with only 30 watts power usage.
But even rx550's are starting to get sold out here, and are already overpriced, if you can buy them for 80-90 euro, they are nice.
They also do 11.5mh/s in etherium with modded bios.

Good to know

RX560 are in the meantime 200 - 210 EUR.
RX550 are 100 - 130 EUR here, some are specified as 1500 and some 1750MHz memory. Did you use 2 or 4G rx550 and which brand/model?

Thanks

Hi, i have Sapphire rx550 pulse 4GB, it was 110euro.
Sadly i can only get mine to 380 hash so far, with edited bootstrap and overclock 1100-1850, i read other people got over 400 easily, and 11 mh on ethash.
my rx460 does 490h/s on cryptonight, but even with 380 hash the rx550 is still more power hash/watts then the rx460, my rx460 uses 45 watts and my rx550 27 watts.
But even rx550's are sold out here, or sellers that have them ask 130 euro already.
Yesterday i almost got one used for 30 euro, but som1 else got it before me.....rip

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:48:08 PM

I just got an XFX RX 560 2GB and out of the box it did about 315 H/s on Cryptonight; after doing the one-click BIOS mod with PBE, flashing, pixel clock patching I am now doing 420 H/s without changing any of the MSI AB settings (currently at 1295 core, 1750 mem). Seemed good enough to order a 2nd, and if that one is also good then I'll fill out the rest of the 6 slots on my Onda D1800 with them and get better than a Vega 64 hashrate for about 1/2 the price. Oh, and you can actually buy it.

better option is to go for rx550's it turns out, they do 400 hash also with much less power consumption then the rx560.
I put a old custom gpu cooler on it, arctic accelero 2 ( it actually fits, while its for like 10 year old gpu's, the holes match) and it mines without a fan on 42C, its amazing, silent miner.
Oh ya they cost less too.
Sold out here already btw, rx560's been sold out since 3 weeks already. ( The Netherlands)

I

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:17:43 PM

better option is to go for rx550's it turns out, they do 400 hash also with much less power consumption then the rx560.

Interesting that the 550 is just as fast. Unfortunately, it is also just as expensive or even more so than the 560 on Newegg (at least it has been for the last few days). Secrets don't remain that way for long in the crypto-mining world, eh?

Grin
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

I wouldn't buy 550s at all. Even 560s are really bad mining cards all things considered, the only reason I went for them is because 570/580 cards are ~ 3 times more expensive, and there are no affordable nvidia cards in stock anywhere (even 1050 Tis are usually $250+). Still, each slot costs something, and if you're building rigs with modern desktop hardware (z270 etc), it's at least $30 per slot (without PSU cost). Most likely even more, since all the popular z270 boards for 8-9 gpus are also either out of stock or very expensive. Pci-e splitters (1 pci-e x1 to 4 pci-e x1) are not very reliable and I eventually stopped using them, so for me it's 9 cards per rig at best (unless you buy one of those mining-specific boards, which are expensive and will lose most of their resale value if the whole crypto mining thing goes down). "Spending" a whole rig on just 9 of these weak cards is a waste already. And putting even weaker cards like 550s in it is definitely not something I'd go for, $/hash/effort just isn't there, and mining isn't that profitable anymore to do crazy stuff like this.

Interesting that the 550 is just as fast.
It's only as fast on cryptonight, but not on ETH.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:37:54 PM

I wouldn't buy 550s at all. Even 560s are really bad mining cards all things considered, the only reason I went for them is because 570/580 cards are ~ 3 times more expensive, and there are no affordable nvidia cards in stock anywhere (even 1050 Tis are usually $250+).

Yep, that was my reasoning as well. I bought two Onda D1800 mining boards (6 full PCIe slots so no risers needed) last December planning to fill out one with GTX 1060s (succeeded) and the other with RX 570s (failed). After a few weeks of watching GPU prices go full retard I decided to buy an RX 560 from Best Buy because it was actually in stock, but after reading this thread I decided that $180 for an RX 560 was way too rich so I returned it unopened. A couple more weeks passed by and Newegg had an RX 560 in stock for $150 so I bought it because, well, the 2nd Onda isn't going to pay for itself just sitting in its anti-static bubble wrap. While the performance is by no means impressive, I do have enough Cryptonote coins in the queue that it can earn its keep mining them.

I haven't tried any other algos on this RX 560, but my original plan for the AMD rig was to mine Cryptonight, Ethash and Neoscrypt so I will be evaluating all of those algos and posting the results here. With only 2GB of VRAM, though, I won't be mining ETH with them; fortunately, my preferred Ethash coins are UBQ and MUSIC and their DAG files will remain under 2GB for most of this year, at least.
UIXID

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:27:53 AM

Hello guys, in the telegram channel saw the message that RX 560 in Linux ubuntu using Optiminer 2.1.2 for mining MNX issues a hashrate in the vicinity of 8k sol. I copied this thoughtlessly to the forum, and now I am doubted whether such a hashrate is possible?

If its the same algo as equihash, then no, of course not. Not even close

By far

Thanks for your reply. And how much it produces on the algo equihash at least approximately to know what figures to operate on?

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
Branko (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:41:00 AM

Hello guys, in the telegram channel saw the message that RX 560 in Linux ubuntu using Optiminer 2.1.2 for mining MNX issues a hashrate in the vicinity of 8k sol. I copied this thoughtlessly to the forum, and now I am doubted whether such a hashrate is possible?

If its the same algo as equihash, then no, of course not. Not even close

By far

Thanks for your reply. And how much it produces on the algo equihash at least approximately to know what figures to operate on?

Read first post?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:40:04 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 04:08:45 PM by MagicSmoker

Well I've been screwing around with MSI AB and the amd.txt configuration file for xmr-stak to try to get this mythical 450 H/s or better from my XFX RX 560 but regardless of what I do I get 420 H/s at best after simply doing the PBE one-click BIOS mod... The stock and current settings for MSI AB and amd.txt follow:

MSI AB
--------
Core/Mem clock: 1295/1750 -> 1250/1900 (no effect)

amd.txt
---------
memory: 1356 -> 2048 (no effect)
intensity: 640 -> 720 in multiple steps divisible by 8 (no effect)
strided_index: true -> false (no effect)
worksize, affine_to_cpu were not changed

I did try searching for tuning/tweaking guides for xmr-stak but haven't come up with anything yet; if anyone can point me to a decent explanation of the above amd.txt settings I'll keep plugging away on this and report back whatever works best.

UPDATE - I gave up on tinkering with xmr-stak for now because I got sgminer 5.5.5 working and it is averaging about 460 H/s so far. I'm still curious about any tweaks to xmr-stak because it definitely performs the best for me in CPU mode; I just can't seem to eke out as good a performance from it with a GPU.

Instant_exit

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:00:21 PM

Can the rx560 do two threads like a vega?
Cheers,
J
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

Can the rx560 do two threads like a vega?
Cheers,
J
In the miner config? Yeah sure.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

I got a 2nd XFX RX 560 (2GB) running on my Onda D1800 and here's the relevant portion from the .conf file for SGMiner-GM 5.5.5 that gives me the best performance (so far, anyway):

Code:
"profiles":
    [
        {
            "name": "xmr",
            "algorithm": "cryptonight",
            "rawintensity": "416,416",
            "worksize": "8,8",
            "gpu-threads": "2,2"
        }
    ],

Again, this is for two GPUs; if you have just one then there should only be one each of 416, 8 and 2 in the above profile. Conversely, if you have more than two then extend the comma-delimited list as necessary.

Getting a very consistent 460 H/s per GPU with 1200 core / 1900 mem and 100% power in MSI AB. Also used the one-click timing patch in PBE and patched driver with pixel clock patcher - the usual shenanigans required with AMD cards, in other words.

Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:07:39 PM

I try to open my bios in the PBE, but it gives me an error and it doesnt open the bios, i tried multiple bioses, disabled secureboot, eneabled csm, tried different computer.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:20:30 PM
Merited by Vlizzjeffrey (1)

I try to open my bios in the PBE, but it gives me an error and it doesnt open the bios, i tried multiple bioses, disabled secureboot, eneabled csm, tried different computer.

I didn't have any issues... once I installed .NET 3.5, anyway.

The process I used was:

1. Save original BIOS using GPU-Z 2.7.0
2. Load original BIOS into PBE; apply one-click timing patch and save BIOS with a different name.
3. Use ATIWinFlash to load new BIOS onto card.
4. Use ATI Pixel Clock Patcher to convince driver the card is fine.
5. Profit.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:25:03 PM

The process I used was:

2. Load original BIOS into PBE; apply one-click timing patch and save BIOS with a different name.
5. Profit.

Thx, i did these exapt 2 first steps, but then it gives me an error and the bios doesnt even load, i will try to install .net3.5, that could be the problem since i recenctly reinstalled windows ( about 6 times this week lol)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:36:13 PM

The process I used was:

5. Profit.

Thx, i did these exapt 2 first steps, but then it gives me an error and the bios doesnt even load, i will try to install .net3.5, that could be the problem since i recenctly reinstalled windows ( about 6 times this week lol)

One other thing I forgot - I recall reading somewhere that ATIWinFlash won't work if you have more than one card installed; I did all of the above BIOS modding on a bare mobo I have set up for this purpose as well as testing cards.
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:42:47 PM

One other thing I forgot - I recall reading somewhere that ATIWinFlash won't work if you have more than one card installed; I did all of the above BIOS modding on a bare mobo I have set up for this purpose as well as testing cards.
"Atifwinflash" is just a gui for the command-line tool "atiflash". They come bundled together, and it's very easy to use the command-line version, which does work with multiple cards just fine: list the adapters with "atiflash.exe -ai", then save the bios of the adapter "n" with "atiflash.exe -s n bios.rom" and flash the bios to the adapter "n" with "atiflash.exe -p n bios.rom".
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:46:39 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 11:13:13 PM by Vlizzjeffrey

The process I used was:

5. Profit.

i tried installing net3.5 , but  im still not able to load any bios in the polaris bios editor with the one click timing in it, also tried 512kb bios( saved from atiflash)
i keep getting an error saying '' Runtime.ineropServices.Marhsal.SizeOf(ATOM_ROM_READER)''

edit:
i got it working, i had to install a different frameworks version, thx a lot for your help !

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:18:58 PM

i tried installing net3.5 , but  im still not able to load any bios in the polaris bios editor with the one click timing in it, also tried 512kb bios( saved from atiflash)
i keep getting an error saying '' Runtime.ineropServices.Marhsal.SizeOf(ATOM_ROM_READER)''

edit:
i got it working, i had to install a different frameworks version, thx a lot for your help !

Ah, good. Did you by any chance try to install the current version of .NET first, as 3.5 is an older version?

Otherwise, I was just about to PM my email address and offer to load your BIOS into my copy of PBE to see if I could apply the one-click timing patch myself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: