Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:49:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-07-26]ViaBTC Launches Bitcoin Cash, the UAHF Token  (Read 21207 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 09:12:34 AM

Update: It seems inaccurate to call BCC futures as users already exchange it for cash on ViaBTC and OKEX, so I will stop trying to define it.

ViaBTC abruptly announced on July 22 to support Bitcoin Cash(BCC), a “split” coin of a potential hard fork. After the announcement, Chinese bitcoiners in all of the WeChat groups are asking the same questions: what the hell is BCC? is there going to be a chain split? who is behind it, Bitmain? is it free money or a scam? In this series, we will work to lift the fog and help you learn more about the story of BCC.

What is Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin Cash, or BCC is the token to Bitcoin ABC, a scaling attempt trying to push for a bitcoin hard fork. The “ABC” part stands for Adjustable Blocksize Cap suggesting that users can determine the big blocksize accordingly. Bitcoin ABC includes many changes, including a dynamic difficulty adjustment where difficulty will be reduced by 25% if less than 6 blocks are generated in 12 hours.

http://news.8btc.com/viabtc-creates-a-new-business-model-by-listing-bitcoin-cash-that-doesnt-exist

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fancy2973

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:56:59 PM

this is more an altcoin than a real bitcoin alternative, because their share in bitcoin is so small, it will not be causing any serious fork in bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:31:25 PM

Update: It seems inaccurate to call BCC futures as users already exchange it for cash on ViaBTC and OKEX, so I will stop trying to define it.
Cheesy It is just a pretty attempt of marketing by launching coin as future of bitcoin. I can't imagine how horribly the community going to react after August 1 when it will be listed on major exchanges. 99% of users going to sell off right after acquiring the coins. Believe me, prices will be nothing more than 0.005 BTC in a week or so after release.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 04:50:48 AM

Believe me, prices will be nothing more than 0.005 BTC in a week or so after release.

Too early to say that. I heard that Bitmain (and its mining wing AntPool) is considering to support BCC. If that happens, then the value of BCC may rise sharply. And if Bitmain decides to support this coin, then at least some of the other miners may rethink their original decision.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:20:56 AM

Believe me, prices will be nothing more than 0.005 BTC in a week or so after release.

Too early to say that. I heard that Bitmain (and its mining wing AntPool) is considering to support BCC. If that happens, then the value of BCC may rise sharply. And if Bitmain decides to support this coin, then at least some of the other miners may rethink their original decision.
Indeed it is quite early to predict that. But I can say for sure that Bitcoin community as a whole isn't really welcoming to BCC. They are hating this hardfork move for splitting Bitcoin. Most of them are ready to dump it on 1st August. It would be hard for BCC to survive in market in such conditions. Else see what happens.
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:42:14 PM

Do you really believe its miners who make prices?? No bro, its real users like you and me who shape the prices. And when we talk about users, most of them have no sympathy for this new coin. Community still believes in bitcoin and wouldn't diverge towards Bcc.
" The folk power is much more than fork power. " Cheesy
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:36:31 PM

Cheesy It is just a pretty attempt of marketing by launching coin as future of bitcoin. I can't imagine how horribly the community going to react after August 1 when it will be listed on major exchanges. 99% of users going to sell off right after acquiring the coins. Believe me, prices will be nothing more than 0.005 BTC in a week or so after release.

I have the same feeling when it comes to this new altcoin called Bitcoin Cash. It will be dumped so hard that its value will collapsed right before our eyes. anyway, this is just my opinion and not a sure thing since I am just human.  Bitcoin Cash can just be a footnote of history.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:55:21 PM

not enough to make it economically dominant,make some good money? maybe
but i wonder who would want to hold or trade it,to keep the price of BCC up it would require some major interventions from Via and,possibly Bitmain
I don't see bright future for this altcoin,but anything can happen,indeed
after all money decide everything,if there is enough incentitive to go BCC,miners might sway and cause a domino effect

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
tulikak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:04:28 AM

All big fishes attempt to create a panic amongst the less experienced users. What i can see that the initial picture after aug 1 would be a havoc caused in the market with majority of investors loosing their money, while thebigger ones trying to cash on this opportunity. Due to lack of clarity regarding the developmentsof Bitcoin fork bitcoin investors are doomed.
Blessed7

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:17:50 AM

Do you really believe its miners who make prices?? No bro, its real users like you and me who shape the prices. And when we talk about users, most of them have no sympathy for this new coin. Community still believes in bitcoin and wouldn't diverge towards Bcc.
" The folk power is much more than fork power. " Cheesy

But what if miners dont fall in line with the users. Users would be the worst hit as it is their money which is at stake. In this situation what i feel is that, users would have to bow down to miners decision at last, if their line of thoughts are completely out of phase.
Bhinodm

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:21:39 AM

ViaBTC abruptly announced on July 22 to support Bitcoin Cash(BCC), a “split” coin of a potential hard fork. After the announcement, Chinese bitcoiners in all of the WeChat groups are asking the same questions: what the hell is BCC? is there going to be a chain split? who is behind it, Bitmain? is it free money or a scam? In this series, we will work to lift the fog and help you learn more about the story of BCC.

What is Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin Cash, or BCC is the token to Bitcoin ABC, a scaling attempt trying to push for a bitcoin hard fork. The “ABC” part stands for Adjustable Blocksize Cap suggesting that users can determine the big blocksize accordingly. Bitcoin ABC includes many changes, including a dynamic difficulty adjustment where difficulty will be reduced by 25% if less than 6 blocks are generated in 12 hours.

http://news.8btc.com/viabtc-creates-a-new-business-model-by-listing-bitcoin-cash-that-doesnt-exist

I believe its just an attempt to create confusion amongst the investors. Breeding on their panicky behaviour some big folks are going to create huge sums of money for them.
sandeepkharche

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:26:15 AM

not enough to make it economically dominant,make some good money? maybe
but i wonder who would want to hold or trade it,to keep the price of BCC up it would require some major interventions from Via and,possibly Bitmain
I don't see bright future for this altcoin,but anything can happen,indeed
after all money decide everything,if there is enough incentitive to go BCC,miners might sway and cause a domino effect

Initially the price will rise for sure, i can guarantee you that. So the early trade is highly advisable, belive me one is going to earn huge sum in the early trades.
jerk10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:27:39 AM

I have the same feeling when it comes to this new altcoin called Bitcoin Cash. It will be dumped so hard that its value will collapsed right before our eyes. anyway, this is just my opinion and not a sure thing since I am just human.  Bitcoin Cash can just be a footnote of history.

I totally agree with you. But an early price spike will happen for sure.
Greenleed

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:16:07 AM

I totally agree with you. But an early price spike will happen for sure.
Viabtc & the major listed BCC exchange OKex are not so reputable in my a 5-years-chinese-bitcoiner's eyes. I would not even bother to have those coins. Trust me they will dump it before you do.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:37:54 PM

To clarify, supporting a coin means buying it when the price drops, and yes, it's possible that the people behind it (Jihan and Ver) might try to support it at some point, but they can only do it with a purpose of creating confidence for traders to invest in their coin, they can't support it alone. The sell pressure will be huge, and every time it will try to rise, some BTC holders will send their coins to new wallet, import keys from the old wallet and dump BCC. The only way to create growth for an altcoin is to deliver its promises, work on new features, and be competitive with BTC from technical standpoint. And lets face it, only bigblockers believe that this will happen.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:44:50 PM

of course they're futures. they don't exist yet. people might be getting something for them but they're credits from the exchange for something yet to be born. that's the definition of all futures.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:37:15 PM

This topic is really hot!  I would like to say that Via really jumped the gun here. They are just generating noise so that their coin could gain some traction. I really think Via has some sort of ulterior motive here and because of this BCC, they will fork the network and for sure they will sell their BCC as "The Bitcoin"
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:14:56 PM

Oh well, I am definitely sure that something big can be happening on and even after August 1. In the case of BitcoinCash, its marketing should really be making it as an spin-off of Bitcoin in the altcoin category. It might be hard for it to gain a considerable community support and if that is the case then it can just withered gradually.

Now, if I would be getting BCC just because I have BTC then I would gladly receive the said coin and maybe sell them as soon as I can when the value is still good. They might try to sell BCC as the real Bitcoin but we all know it isn't so they might as well change their tactic to gain some needed traction on the market.
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 07:40:11 AM

Oh well, I am definitely sure that something big can be happening on and even after August 1. In the case of BitcoinCash, its marketing should really be making it as an spin-off of Bitcoin in the altcoin category. It might be hard for it to gain a considerable community support and if that is the case then it can just withered gradually.

Now, if I would be getting BCC just because I have BTC then I would gladly receive the said coin and maybe sell them as soon as I can when the value is still good. They might try to sell BCC as the real Bitcoin but we all know it isn't so they might as well change their tactic to gain some needed traction on the market.

viabtc mined the first BCC block at height: 478,321 https://btc.com/000000000000000000f5c8936e44c8eacb973e26c480f4d1065bba44aead4976

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 3104

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:55:08 AM

To clarify, supporting a coin means buying it when the price drops, and yes, it's possible that the people behind it (Jihan and Ver) might try to support it at some point, but they can only do it with a purpose of creating confidence for traders to invest in their coin, they can't support it alone. The sell pressure will be huge, and every time it will try to rise, some BTC holders will send their coins to new wallet, import keys from the old wallet and dump BCC. The only way to create growth for an altcoin is to deliver its promises, work on new features, and be competitive with BTC from technical standpoint. And lets face it, only bigblockers believe that this will happen.

There are varying degrees of "support".  In purely a trading sense, that might be what it means, but that isn't clear from your post.  Some exchanges like Bittrex and Kraken have said they will support BCC in the sense that they will allow users to cash out their BCC if it's safe to do so, but that doesn't mean they're endorsing or approving its use.  And it certainly doesn't mean they'll be actively buying the dips themselves.  A mining pool supporting it may simply mean lending hash power to that chain and hoping they can profit by selling the resulting mining rewards.

And for Vishnu.Reang's post, specifically revolving around Bitmain's support, Bitmain have stated that they have:
actively supported the smooth implementation of Segwit2x and will continue to run the btc1 software on all our mining pools, namely Antpool, BTC.COM pool and ConnectBTC, in the foreseeable future.
But also that they:
do not rule out the possibility of supporting both Segwit2x and BCC.

I interpret that as saying that they would only consider supporting BCC if it proves successful and, for the moment at least, all their eggs are in the SegWit2X basket.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: