Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:50:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-07-26]BTC's 10% Plunge Reveals Underlying Concerns About Currency Split  (Read 7261 times)
Blessed7 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:18:39 PM

Excerpt
Bitcoin’s volatile ride continued Tuesday, with prices dropping to their lowest in five days as concerns over the activation of SegWit2x weighed on investors. Bitcoin (BTC/USD) plunged more than 10% on Tuesday, reaching a low near $2470.00, according to Bitstamp. The drop erased most of the progress made last week after developers apparently agreed to avoid a currency split. Uncertainty Over SegWit2x Various news sources, including The Wall Street Journal, reported last week that the vast majority of developers signaled support for a new software protocol. This protocol, dubbed BIP91, is intended to resolve differences between the User Activated Fork…
You can read the full article here (https://hacked.com/bitcoins-10-plunge-reveals-underlying-concerns-currency-split/)

I am not sure if I should retain my investments in altcoins. I have invested in IOTA, EOS and NEO. I don't know if I should keep my currencies or sell them before its too late.Please suggest guys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tulikak

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:24:25 PM

Excerpt
Bitcoin’s volatile ride continued Tuesday, with prices dropping to their lowest in five days as concerns over the activation of SegWit2x weighed on investors. Bitcoin (BTC/USD) plunged more than 10% on Tuesday, reaching a low near $2470.00, according to Bitstamp. The drop erased most of the progress made last week after developers apparently agreed to avoid a currency split. Uncertainty Over SegWit2x Various news sources, including The Wall Street Journal, reported last week that the vast majority of developers signaled support for a new software protocol. This protocol, dubbed BIP91, is intended to resolve differences between the User Activated Fork…
You can read the full article here (https://hacked.com/bitcoins-10-plunge-reveals-underlying-concerns-currency-split/)

I am not sure if I should retain my investments in altcoins. I have invested in IOTA, EOS and NEO. I don't know if I should keep my currencies or sell them before its too late.Please suggest guys

NEO has potential to grow. The Chinese government is backing it so it won't fall flat on its face even in the worst of circumstances. So I think NEO is a safe bet.
Bhinodm

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:26:08 PM

Excerpt

NEO has potential to grow. The Chinese government is backing it so it won't fall flat on its face even in the worst of circumstances. So I think NEO is a safe bet.

Yes, NEO is a good investment at this point of time as it is still small. Their product seem quite promising too.
sandeepkharche

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:32:32 PM

Excerpt

If you have invested long term then don't worry, this is just a phase. After Segwit has had its share of attention, cryptocurrency market will be back to normal. So, hold on to those coins.
jerk10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:36:19 PM

Excerpt

I would get out if I was you. Not a very good time to be letting money stay in the market. Segwit and BIP91 have already caused a lot of damage.
tulikak

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:40:13 PM

Excerpt

I would get out if I was you. Not a very good time to be letting money stay in the market. Segwit and BIP91 have already caused a lot of damage.

Segwit will actually be good for bitcoin in the long run, the amount of pending transactions is rising everyday and it is not helping the bitcoin network. But people are misinterpreting Segwit as something negative.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:08:47 PM

The best option is to just wait till all of this drama can be over. It is only a matter of days before August 1. By then, we could clearly see the bigger picture and I know that the whole Bitcoin community would be standing tall and proud of the direction that Bitcoin will be getting into. Split or no split, Bitcoin can be good for good after August 1. Nothing to fear but fear itself.
Blessed7 (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:04:32 AM

The best option is to just wait till all of this drama can be over. It is only a matter of days before August 1. By then, we could clearly see the bigger picture and I know that the whole Bitcoin community would be standing tall and proud of the direction that Bitcoin will be getting into. Split or no split, Bitcoin can be good for good after August 1. Nothing to fear but fear itself.

Right. I could do with a little more patience. I'd purchased NEO when it was at 1.74 and now its at 7. I think NEO at least will do fine.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:35:27 PM

Looks like this is some sort of spam thread for newbies to create hype about the altcoin NEO.  Quite funny really.

It's certainly not like this price drop is from "underlying" fear either.  It's from thousands of people who have absolutely no idea what's going on but enjoy loudly proclaiming what's happening as if they do.  Then other people get lured in by those idiots and parrot the same nonsense. It's a vicious cycle really.
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:06:17 PM

Five newbie accounts with less than 10 posts.  I'ld say its a NEO "plug" thread.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: