Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:46:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e.com down ! Police detains the owner .  (Read 21884 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:15:32 PM

I think this is somehow connected to present russian-american sanction war.

Bitcoin is a great opportunity for business to bypass all political shit.

And they decided to interupt this ability too.

It is not connected to MtGox or money laundry.
Its pure bullshit with vector drawings in Adobe which shows no evidence.

Exactly. It looks like people who had money in BTC-e, will lose them just thanks to those political fake "justice" actions.
Mt.Gox was hacked, so people lost money due to criminals' activity.
BTC-e got 'hacked' by officials, so innocent people (the ones who were just trading on that platform) are going to lose money because of governmental activity.

This is one more attack on people's freedom, and an attempt from US to get the whole world under control.

Where are people getting the information from that the government is going to confiscate these coins indefinately?

I lost more NMC here than I'd like to. I'll live but still it feels like a gut shot. Not counting on getting it back, but I'd like to see some confirmations about this rather than people just chanting its lost.

Also, the 4 billion is not what is laundered perse. It states that it is the amount of money the exchange handled during their time of operation as far as I understand.

Well, you're right, we cannot know for sure if those money are lost or not. If those governmental actions are legit, they at least should care to return the funds to the users who had them on that 'confiscated' platform. Whether they will do that or not, that's another question. After all, it may happen (or may just be proclaimed) that BTC-e didn't actually have those money, and the funds actually available do not cover the debts.

I also had some funds there (as I was planning to trade a bit during 1 August happenings Smiley), and had few unspent BTC-e codes too. I can afford to lose them, but of course, I would like them back, as they belong to me, not to BTC-e or any kind of government.
The thing is - I just have very little hope. Best to relax, and let things go as they go. No profit in worrying. We can check again in a month or so Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:38:02 PM

what people should think about it's that many other exchangers are in the same position as BTC-e .

do not use unlicensed exchangers or use them and don't complain if your funds will be lost or seized Smiley

few of these exchangers are based in USA. they are next.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:57:43 PM

[/quote]

Personally I've been expecting the G-men to clean house for years now. Idk about Directbet, but I definitely think the DNM/Bitmixer/BTC-E closures are definitely tied together. As well as SEC now looking into ICO's, this was something I've been waiting for since they declared Bitcoin as taxable property.

The only one that hasn't truly been confirmed yet is Bitmixer, and there's reason to believe Dream market is compromised too. I'd imagine things will come to light about these places soon as well.

I think they did all their investigations over the last 3 years and made sure their arrests all coincided in order to have the maximum effect on the network as a whole. They are simply cleaning house.

[/quote]

Yep i am pretty sure dream market is the next to go . was reading the forums and a lot of users are postings something "fishy "  going on there there last few weeks.Me thinks the day of the big darknet markets are over .Seem it will go deeper under ground with smaller markets which will be invite only and hard to find then

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:05:32 PM

If BTC blockchain was like XMR blockchain, nothing would have happened at all....

In a few years there will be software that links BTC addresses to real names in minutes  Sad

on one hand, I would love to see the Gox hackers and their supporters go to jail, on the other hand this shows, in a scary manner, how blockchain analysis can get people in trouble even years later.

BTC should not worry about stupid scaling, but about privacy. A hardfork to a privacy layer is what's needed. Wink

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

From what i see exchanges or any mixer service should be aware from where the coins had camed before make any business, i mean a single person get into the exchange with a lot bitcoins would be suspicious, and from the news it sounds BTC-e didnt care at all since they got their fees, now i do hope they pay all their costumers, otherwise this will become a nightmare for a lot people wich were trading there, and just to clear people take risks to try to grow their capital, not all are holders, otherwise bitcoin value would be 1 dollar.
JNiks_ZLisa

Activity: 182
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:09:36 PM

Russians...
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:18:41 PM

Russians...
Ass far as I recall CEO of the Mt. Gox Mark Karpelès isn't Russia, same goes for Bitfinex team and some other less known exchanges which failed in the past.
BTC-e had a good history of delivering good service -  it was founded in July 2011 and has been running almost continuously for six years.
I wonder what will happen with all the coins they have in their wallet...
ActiveP

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:20:12 PM

Did fbi become crazy these days? They closed alphabay and hansa, not only these one, btc-e also. (probably this as op says but still can't understand, is arrested man owner lf btc-e or bitmixet or both together? Very, very strange facts at the same time).
Directbet, bitmixer, alphabay, btc-e (problems) what the hell is happening? Why are leaders leaving their places? seems bad

Personally I've been expecting the G-men to clean house for years now. Idk about Directbet, but I definitely think the DNM/Bitmixer/BTC-E closures are definitely tied together. As well as SEC now looking into ICO's, this was something I've been waiting for since they declared Bitcoin as taxable property.

The only one that hasn't truly been confirmed yet is Bitmixer, and there's reason to believe Dream market is compromised too. I'd imagine things will come to light about these places soon as well.

I think they did all their investigations over the last 3 years and made sure their arrests all coincided in order to have the maximum effect on the network as a whole. They are simply cleaning house.

I like to think of it as a good thing, it might temporarily drop the price of bitcoin, but long term it means that bitcoin is becoming more mainstream due to the bad actors being weeded out. This leaves only the exchanges/businesses that are regulated and do things on the right side of the law, something that we all should appreciate.

I have the same feelings about dirrectbet, Their sudden closure and refusal to entertain selling the website must have something to do with the authorities. It was very easy laundering money using their service to "gamble"
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:56:04 PM

Theres a news that btc-e will be coming up in a next 5 days . so let's wait there are million $ or 66000 BTC in BTC-E and if the money Connot back the biggest dump in all altcoins maybe happened but let's be patience. Let's wait 5 Days Before 5  and if the btc e not open so its time to make action.
bangjoe

Activity: 1470
Merit: 714

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:12:41 PM

If the news is true, then all btc-e assets will be taken, this will be the second case after mt.gox. Btc-e becomes a law target because of the case of movable securities assets that should be reported as a fixed tax for the government. Maybe it's time we think of DEX or many other markets.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:09:01 PM

If the news is true, then all btc-e assets will be taken, this will be the second case after mt.gox. Btc-e becomes a law target because of the case of movable securities assets that should be reported as a fixed tax for the government. Maybe it's time we think of DEX or many other markets.

yes, the news are true. i think the losses are tens of millions Smiley
Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:19:23 PM

Russians...
Ass far as I recall CEO of the Mt. Gox Mark Karpelès isn't Russia, same goes for Bitfinex team and some other less known exchanges which failed in the past.
BTC-e had a good history of delivering good service -  it was founded in July 2011 and has been running almost continuously for six years.
I wonder what will happen with all the coins they have in their wallet...
yes so far they have good history about service the members.
Btc-e be a place money laundry, and this is an illegal deed , inspite of owner participate or not . Because basically do the deposited money in large quantities i will require verification id , phone , etc.
based on some issue, 1/3 or maybe a half, btc stock over there are from darknet transaction.
it has been a week, showing it maintenance. but today, you can open webs btc-e, its now unavailable to access.
There is many hopes for member who has money there the webs can online service again, but seems its going to hopeless.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:01:20 PM

I was using BTC-e to buy altcoins and now I feel I shouldn't keep any altcoins on exchanges. I currently have some on bittrex and bitfinex. The thing is, if I wanted to put my OMGs offline I wouldn't know where to begin with. They don't even have a wallet for it.

How do you guys keep your altcoins safe?

There have been several threads for this purpose scattered all over the forum in places that matter. You can use electrum though because you get to have the private key of your wallet. Its never safe to keep funds on exchnage sites and there is even a popular saying that you keep what you can afford to lose on exchange because they are targets of attacks at any reasonable time and this site are vulnerable as well.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:39:22 PM

what people should think about it's that many other exchangers are in the same position as BTC-e .

do not use unlicensed exchangers or use them and don't complain if your funds will be lost or seized Smiley

few of these exchangers are based in USA. they are next.

Licensed by who?

United States?

Excuse me ,but this not sound like free choice.

I think something like this is future of exchanges. I d rather use decentralised exchange ,that something licensed by state government

So no man behind it. Only a code.

http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2015/01/07/The-Worlds-First-Decentalized-Exchange/
JNiks_ZLisa

Activity: 182
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:41:15 PM

decentralised exchange
Exist only one - SYSCOIN.
All other is centralised scam.
dennyd999

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:43:57 PM

If BTC blockchain was like XMR blockchain...

BTC should not worry about stupid scaling, but about privacy. A hardfork to a privacy layer is what's needed. Wink

Exactly,
Privacy is the next must step in Bitcoin improvements.

It is allready enough VISA to show all my cup of coffees and cheese cakes in monthly overview.

Again same shit with BTC?

No. Thanks.

Do we need a hardfork to implement CT (confidential transactions) to Bitcoin or Segwit alone is fine?
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 11:47:53 PM

Saw this coming a mile off!  

Honestly is buying drugs online the "fairly tale" that people think?  We still got mobs and gangsters controlling it.. running shady exchanges to "launder" the money when it goes belly up. who loses out?  again.. the bitcoin user....

Ill write this now and relate to it when it happens..

over the next months we will no doubt see many more exchanges. trading platforms that are well known and hold a lot of funds shut down. be shut down / raided,  shut down and claim hack then vanish!

There more that one or two exchanges I think are running the same kind of operation...

Be warned.. don't leave money out in the open.. Its the wild west again...

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
dennyd999

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:55:45 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 12:06:41 AM by dennyd999

I think this is somehow connected to present russian-american sanction war.

Bitcoin is a great opportunity for business to bypass all political shit.

And they decided to interupt this ability too.

It is not connected to MtGox or money laundry.
Its pure bullshit with vector drawings in Adobe which shows no evidence.

Exactly. It looks like people who had money in BTC-e, will lose them just thanks to those political fake "justice" actions.
Mt.Gox was hacked, so people lost money due to criminals' activity.
BTC-e got 'hacked' by officials, so innocent people (the ones who were just trading on that platform) are going to lose money because of governmental activity.

This is one more attack on people's freedom, and an attempt from US to get the whole world under control.

Where are people getting the information from that the government is going to confiscate these coins indefinately?

I lost more NMC here than I'd like to. I'll live but still it feels like a gut shot. Not counting on getting it back, but I'd like to see some confirmations about this rather than people just chanting its lost.

Also, the 4 billion is not what is laundered perse. It states that it is the amount of money the exchange handled during their time of operation as far as I understand.
do u think that gov will give users back their money . lollllllllll

Maybe Vinnik have somethng like time-login, when you need to enter code in precise time and if system do not get password timely than format c:/

Maybe his server have selfprotection mechanisms.

Thats why its very little hope that BTCE will comeback.Well atleast it was profit  BTCs thats I lost from XRP rise..
Anyway I dont find its good when government can make such a move. They dont ask me about my money, from monthly salary which I got working hard.Thats shit.

They try to help MtGox victims and got new victims from BTCE . Double Trouble now.

Also I doubt that they will return money to MTGox victim's.

Its only politics. I bet it.
mayax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

If BTC blockchain was like XMR blockchain...

Exactly,
Privacy is the next must step in Bitcoin improvements.

It is allready enough VISA to show all my cup of coffees and cheese cakes in monthly overview.

Again same shit with BTC?

No. Thanks.

Do we need a hardfork to implement CT (confidential transactions) to Bitcoin or Segwit alone is fine?

do not use VISA if you don't like it. Smiley
ruffles2016

Activity: 475

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:01:45 PM

Sadly these kind of news are very bad for bitcoin & altcoin reputation. Now lot of Russian people will be biased about cryptocurrencies. And lot of people lost money.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██