Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:34:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217139 times)
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:29:41 AM

3,5% for secure node. I believed that wil be changed for 12%..?

I'm wrong?

I think 3.5% is too low personally, but it depends on how many nodes there are.
When you add those numbers you got 12% you probably think on this. 8.5+3.5

ZenCash funds growth using a redirection of a portion of the miner reward, to be spent on ZenCash using a community governance mode. In the ZenCash network, 8.5% of the tokens are allocated for community development, marketing, maintenance, and other costs paid for out of the treasury. This ensures that there are always enough resources available for growth.

Yes 3.5 is very low reward for running node and i think you are right to expect this number to be increased. First scenario is small number of nodes and small reward. Second scenario good rewards and large number of nodes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thesavoyard

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:44:28 AM

I'm wrong?

ZenCash funds growth using a redirection of a portion of the miner reward, to be spent on ZenCash using a community governance mode. In the ZenCash network, 8.5% of the tokens are allocated for community development, marketing, maintenance, and other costs paid for out of the treasury. This ensures that there are always enough resources available for growth.

Yes 3.5 is very low reward for running node and i think you are right to expect this number to be increased. First scenario is small number of nodes and small reward. Second scenario good rewards and large number of nodes.

Who's going to be able to vote? The problem with Dash masternode voting is users and miners have no say. The threshold is too high now for most people to become a voter. I realize 42 is a lower threshold but if zen= $1000 it will be out of most people's range. I'm worried with Dash the masternodes may not always vote for the best interest of Dash and might start voting masternode profit. I don't think node holders should control the vote, but I do think you should have a sizable stake to vote. Both Dash and Zen need to find a balance to benefit the system first.

Confucio

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:43:39 AM

I'm wrong?

Zen Secure nodes Reward Calculator

http://zen.lebre.net

ZenCash  The world's first private, distributed, and reliable platform for communications, transactions, and publishing
slack   ▄▄   ANN Thread   ▄▄   Blog   ▄▄   Telegram   ▄▄   forum   ▄▄   twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Confucio

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:44:54 AM

ZenCash Tag Line Community Brainstorm

Participate and earn some Zen

http://getzen.cash/tagline

ZenCash  The world's first private, distributed, and reliable platform for communications, transactions, and publishing
slack   ▄▄   ANN Thread   ▄▄   Blog   ▄▄   Telegram   ▄▄   forum   ▄▄   twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:28:17 AM

Who's going to be able to vote? The problem with Dash masternode voting is users and miners have no say. The threshold is too high now for most people to become a voter. I realize 42 is a lower threshold but if zen= $1000 it will be out of most people's range. I'm worried with Dash the masternodes may not always vote for the best interest of Dash and might start voting masternode profit. I don't think node holders should control the vote, but I do think you should have a sizable stake to vote. Both Dash and Zen need to find a balance to benefit the system first.
You may find plans about this in pdf I have posted in the post above. This voting system is not yet finished. You can join Slack and you give your opinion about this topic. Good ideas are always welcomed.

You can rent this space
gruntle

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:28:17 AM

Hi, is there any way to delete any of the addresses I've generated in the wallet? I downloaded the Elios wallet first and clicked new address about 50 times, now They all show up in my swing wallet too

Thanks
Do you have funds on those addresses, on pending maybe? Tell us more about your system..

No not any pending transactions or funds in them except for one address. I am running Windows 10 and I downloaded the Eleos wallet first and when i was playing around with it trying to get an address to set up mining, when you click "new transparent address"in receive tab, it wasn't showing up in the addresses tab. so i clicked it a bunch of times. After deciding it was buggy i deleted Eleos, and downloaded Swing, and when I loaded that up, I had about 50 addresses in my wallet and i just want to remove most of them to unclutter my wallet screen

Thanks

MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:31:32 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 01:42:37 PM by MedaR

Hi, is there any way to delete any of the addresses I've generated in the wallet? I downloaded the Elios wallet first and clicked new address about 50 times, now They all show up in my swing wallet too

Thanks
Do you have funds on those addresses, on pending maybe? Tell us more about your system..

No not any pending transactions or funds in them except for one address. I am running Windows 10 and I downloaded the Eleos wallet first and when i was playing around with it trying to get an address to set up mining, when you click "new transparent address"in receive tab, it wasn't showing up in the addresses tab. so i clicked it a bunch of times. After deciding it was buggy i deleted Eleos, and downloaded Swing, and when I loaded that up, I had about 50 addresses in my wallet and i just want to remove most of them to unclutter my wallet screen

Thanks

If you don't have funds in those addressed then it is the best solution to delete wallet.dat, and when you start your wallet it will create another one for you automatically.

Close wallet.
Go into folder - > /appdata/roaming/Zen    delete "wallet.dat"
Start wallet again.

You can rent this space
gruntle

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:52:07 PM

Thanks

Thanks

If you don't have funds in those addressed then it is the best solution to delete wallet.dat, and when you start your wallet it will create another one for you automatically.

Close wallet.
Go into folder - > /appdata/roaming/Zen    delete "wallet.dat"
Start wallet again.

OK thanks, i have funds in one of the addresses, i assume i have to transfer those out of there first or at least write down the private key so i can recover it?
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:02:04 PM

OK thanks, i have funds in one of the addresses, i assume i have to transfer those out of there first or at least write down the private key so i can recover it?
Yes if you delete wallet.dat without saving private key you'll lose access to your funds. Save private key of address where you have funds!

You can try our service https://myzenwallet.io/ You can import private key there, and use funds.

You can rent this space
gruntle

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:35:55 PM

Cheers   Smiley
SilentBob_666

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:35:13 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 03:48:21 PM by SilentBob_666

ZenCash was just listed on Singapore exchange coss.io!

This is awesome for a bunch of reasons, some big ones:

• We now have a fiat gateway for USD, EUR, SGD, and others.
  • coss.io runs a merchant PoS system, so merchants can accept ZEN soon
  • The system enables merchants to seamlessly convert crypto to fiat
  • This is our first exchange listing in Asia, Singapore in particular
  • We now have a ZEN/ETH market

More details on our blog announcement.

Yes, it is great .. would be.
They wrote, Your balance will be updated after we receive one blockchain confirmation.

Uhm. I sent a small amount of BTC (>0.001 ofc.) and after 10 confirmations I had nothing on cross.io.
Nice start.

arrived.
kazanchev

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:41:39 PM

ZenCash was just listed on Singapore exchange coss.io!

This is awesome for a bunch of reasons, some big ones:

• We now have a fiat gateway for USD, EUR, SGD, and others.
  • coss.io runs a merchant PoS system, so merchants can accept ZEN soon
  • The system enables merchants to seamlessly convert crypto to fiat
  • This is our first exchange listing in Asia, Singapore in particular
  • We now have a ZEN/ETH market

More details on our blog announcement.

Yes, it is great .. would be.
They wrote, Your balance will be updated after we receive one blockchain confirmation.

Uhm. I sent a small amount of BTC (>0.001 ofc.) and after 10 confirmations I had nothing on cross.io.
Nice start.

arrived.

you had nothing on what?   it is coss.io not cross
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:03:18 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 05:37:17 PM by BossBee

I'm wrong?

When the final phase of Dash Evolution rolls out those will smaller stakes of coins are going to have the ability to vote.
Masternode holders are the last people on earth that would put the system in jeopardy. Why would you put your $300,000 dollar asset at risk to just make a couple extra hundred dollars a month? It's a safe bet to say MN holders are an intelligent and emotionally disciplined group of people and anyone that doesn't have skin in the game shouldn't have a vote.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Ajbarra

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:15:58 PM

Hi there, have problem wit synchronisation of my Eleos zen wallet.
I already deleted all block dat etc, but when sync reaches 88% -  it stucks here... and no progress at all for hours

upd - sure i have 0.0.9 version of wallet
thesavoyard

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:09:28 PM

I'm wrong?

When the final phase of Dash Evolution rolls out those will smaller stakes of coins are going to have the ability to vote.
Masternode holders are the last people on earth that would put the system in jeopardy. Why would you put your $300,000 dollar asset at risk to just make a couple extra hundred dollars a month? It's a safe bet to say MN holders are an intelligent and emotionally disciplined group of people and anyone that doesn't have skin in the game shouldn't have a vote.

I've done a successful Treasury proposal. Most are pretty intelligent investors. A few of them wanted us to funnel profits back to the MN holders. Same with the Dash paycard, a few were driven by greed. You'd think Senators would want to do what's best for the US, but they don't.

MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:25:15 PM

I already deleted all block dat etc, but when sync reaches 88% -  it stucks here... and no progress at all for hours

I'm using swing wallet and i do not have any problems. This is probably best solution you can do is switching to Swing wallet.

1. Backup old wallet, write down your private keys. copy wallet.dat on safe location!!!
2. Delete or even better rename Zen folder - > /appdata/roaming into "ZEN2"

For linux the equivalent of /appdata/roaming/Zen is ~/.zen
For MAC the equivalent of /appdata/roaming/Zen is  ~/Library/Application Support/

3. Delete old wallet aplication
4. Download and run new wallet, wait for syncronization it will be slow in the beggining.
5. Close wallet after is synchronized and paste old Wallet.data in /appdata/roaming/Zen  
6. Run wallet again and ZEN's will show up..

This release contains the ZenCash Mandatory Software Upgrade at Block 139,200 on Friday July 21th 14:00 EDT
Swing wallet for win64
https://github.com/vaklinov/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/blob/master/docs/Release_0.70.3.md

Swing walle for Mac OS
https://github.com/vaklinov/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/releases/download/0.71.4/ZENCashWallet-0.71.4a.dmg

You can rent this space
SilentBob_666

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:27:02 PM

@kazanchev, misspelled, coss.io of course.
Since then everything is fine. It was only a bit slow.
Ajbarra

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:17:58 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 03:53:50 PM by Ajbarra

I already deleted all block dat etc, but when sync reaches 88% -  it stucks here... and no progress at all for hours

I'm using swing wallet and i do not have any problems. This is probably best solution you can do is switching to Swing wallet.

1. Backup old wallet, write down your private keys. copy wallet.dat on safe location!!!
2. Delete or even better rename Zen folder - > /appdata/roaming into "ZEN2"

For linux the equivalent of /appdata/roaming/Zen is ~/.zen
For MAC the equivalent of /appdata/roaming/Zen is  ~/Library/Application Support/

3. Delete old wallet aplication
4. Download and run new wallet, wait for syncronization it will be slow in the beggining.
5. Close wallet after is synchronized and paste old Wallet.data in /appdata/roaming/Zen  
6. Run wallet again and ZEN's will show up..

This release contains the ZenCash Mandatory Software Upgrade at Block 139,200 on Friday July 21th 14:00 EDT
Swing wallet for win64
https://github.com/vaklinov/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/blob/master/docs/Release_0.70.3.md

Swing walle for Mac OS
https://github.com/vaklinov/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/releases/download/0.71.4/ZENCashWallet-0.71.4a.dmg

Wow, thx for the reply, will try it for sure! (update - it worked perfectly, thx!)
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:56:58 AM

-//-
Wow, thx for the reply, will try it for sure!
Before you take any action be sure you have copy of your wallet.dat and you have your private keys on safe place!

You can rent this space
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:35:46 AM

I already deleted all block dat etc, but when sync reaches 88% -  it stucks here... and no progress at all for hours

I am using the Swing wallet latest version (0.70.3) and it syncs fine with no issues.

On a separate note: the Swing wallet needs some serious adjustments with regards to resource utilization. It has high CPU & RAM usage and my CPU temperature goes upto 85 C which is dangerous.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: