Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217176 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:19:27 AM

IMHO 42 ZEN is too low entry level for a Service Node. Whales would be able to manipulate the whole network..
Make it at least 100 ZEN and a reward ratio miners/nodes/governance at 65%/25%/10%
Nodes are important and they should be well paid.

I disagree.  The whole point of the low barrier to entry is to have enough independent nodes to counter balance any "whales" that care to get into the node business.  This is similar to the problem bitcoin faces where the very high hashrate requirements force centralization of large bitcoin farms, and keeps independents out of the race.

At $10 a coin, it's already $420 to establish a node.  If the price goes up or the required Zen per node goes up then it becomes harder for a small miner to get into the game.  At $100 a coin, $4200 is a lot of scratch to come up with.  It's a tough balance to tread for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:44:32 PM

Hello guys!

First I will tel you I am great supporter of ZenCash and I feel it'll be a great project. I have been holding coins from the star.
I am noob when it comes to mining and I have a guestion. Do you have to mine zencash in order to set up a secure node or you just rent a virtual server and set up a secure node without mining?
Can someone explain to me in most simplest form Cheesy. Thank you and have a nice day.

Also interested. Can anyone post (or PM me) some details? Any help appreciated.
You must have physically 42 Zens!
Yes you just rent VPS and you set up secure nodes (so far this is in testing phase!).
How will you get your Zens is different story, will you mine them, or maybe Bittrex https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ZEN can be even better solution now when price for buying is good again.

Find out more here->
https://forum.zensystem.io/t/secure-node-tracking-and-payment-system-software-development-project-discussion/126
https://blog.zensystem.io/zencash-secure-node-system-overview-video/
https://blockoperations.com/build-zencash-secure-node-part-1-prepare-vps/

You can rent this space
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:29:31 PM

IMHO 42 ZEN is too low entry level for a Service Node. Whales would be able to manipulate the whole network..
Make it at least 100 ZEN and a reward ratio miners/nodes/governance at 65%/25%/10%

I disagree.  The whole point of the low barrier to entry is to have enough independent nodes..

Wrong.
The count of the nodes doesn't depends on the entry level but on the expected annual income. I doubt there will be many at 3.5% block reward.
The different entry level attracts different type of investors - newbies or pros, smart or not, rich or not, long term or not, etc.

100 ZEN entry will attract more smart, responsible long term investors, and more important, it will lock more ZENs at nodes so there will be less free ZENs at the exchanges. Higher demand at lower supply - you know where the price goes.. Wink
beni1107

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:34:56 PM

posting again ....
If i create VPS and deposit 42 zen's and if i choose to cancel the vps do i get my 42 zens back ? I am waiting for secure nodes gone thru your tutorials and im gonna run them, so this question is very important for me.
Can someone answer ? And yes ill join slack Smiley
Confucio

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:28:18 AM

posting again ....
If i create VPS and deposit 42 zen's and if i choose to cancel the vps do i get my 42 zens back ? I am waiting for secure nodes gone thru your tutorials and im gonna run them, so this question is very important for me.
Can someone answer ? And yes ill join slack Smiley

You don't need to have the Zen on the VPS, you'll just have to link one address with at least 42 zen and send a small tx to confirm it's yours.

ZenCash  The world's first private, distributed, and reliable platform for communications, transactions, and publishing
slack   ▄▄   ANN Thread   ▄▄   Blog   ▄▄   Telegram   ▄▄   forum   ▄▄   twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
beni1107

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:12:25 AM

thats awesome. Waiting for secure nodes, and ill run plenty of them ASAP Smiley
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:25:30 AM

Can someone make a tuturial video from start to finish on setting a node?! Please.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:18:21 PM

Can someone make a tuturial video from start to finish on setting a node?! Please.
This team will prepare everything that is needed to set up nodes, videos tutorials and technical support.

You can rent this space
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:52:35 PM

This team will prepare everything that is needed to set up nodes, videos tutorials and technical support.

Thanks a lot!
Great as always, keep it goin guys.
pier71

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:10:26 PM

I disagree.  The whole point of the low barrier to entry is to have enough independent nodes..

Wrong.
The count of the nodes doesn't depends on the entry level but on the expected annual income. I doubt there will be many at 3.5% block reward.
The different entry level attracts different type of investors - newbies or pros, smart or not, rich or not, long term or not, etc.

100 ZEN entry will attract more smart, responsible long term investors, and more important, it will lock more ZENs at nodes so there will be less free ZENs at the exchanges. Higher demand at lower supply - you know where the price goes.. Wink

I am thinking that you are right and maybe also more than 100 could be better (200 or more).
also a minimum requirement for a node (response/process time) could be a good think to have a good network.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

Frankly I think the 42 zen/node is not bad at all.  I'm partial to the number, given that it's the answer to the ultimate question anyways, but as has been said upthread there's an impetus to get as many secure nodes running as possible.  If the barrier to entry is too high, and/or the node reward too low compared to that entry barrier it will greatly discourage people running them.

One of the unique features of ZEN is the secure node structure compared to many other multi-level PoW/PoS structures.  Master node coins rely on either VERY early investors who have hands of steel or whales to purchase and operate the nodes.  A DASH MN right now is out of reach for most normal human beings, even far less expensive coins like PIVX have an insanely high entry point to run a node, with very limited dividend payments (relative to other uses of that capital).

ZEN should work to build out the secure nodes and then encourage AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to deploy them.  Keeping the coin requirement within reason is critical to that.

Also, as has been said already at $10 a ZEN, an SN is already a $420 buy-in,  assuming ZEN will continue to appreciate in value, especially as coins are locked in nodes that only goes up.  Reasonably $20-25 ZEN is not unbelievable, and then you're talking about <$1000 for one SN, that is NOT the same as a master node in concept or execution either, rewards will be lower.

It's about securing the chain, not making money as much.
beni1107

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:57:06 PM

42 Zen is ok...200 or 100 is way to much...not for small investitors or miners like me Smiley
zuzuca

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:11:39 PM

so basically..i want to build a zen pool...a pool it should be able (theoretically ) to qualify for a secure node...i want to build this pool with z-nomp...can some of the veterans of the coin tell me if this soft has the ability to respond to those challanges in order for an extra reward? tx
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:16:14 PM

Hey guys put together a video on how to build a basic ZenCash miner, those who mine well . . you already know this and more! Hopefully this video helps someone new get into mining the coin as many people search for things such as how to build a zcash miner or how to build an ethereum miner . . i was one of them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxNATc1JY0

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Zencash (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:38:54 PM

ZenCash Swing Wallet with Messaging is available for download now!

This uses zk-SNARKS in shielded transactions to send private messages on the ZenCash Blockchain. The messaging interface on the Swing Wallet uses shielded transactions to send the messages.

Download the wallet here:
Windows: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/blob/master/docs/Release_0.73.1.md
Linux: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zencash-swing-wallet-ui

HORIZEN ►►► Unbounded By Design
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
ZenCash extended it's brand on 22nd August 2018 now is HORIZEN
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:37:23 AM

ZenCash Swing Wallet with Messaging is available for download now!

This uses zk-SNARKS in shielded transactions to send private messages on the ZenCash Blockchain. The messaging interface on the Swing Wallet uses shielded transactions to send the messages.

Download the wallet here:
Windows: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zencash-swing-wallet-ui/blob/master/docs/Release_0.73.1.md
Linux: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zencash-swing-wallet-ui

Pretty cool! Great job guys.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:26:53 AM

Zen is fork of zerocoin right? Then what is the state of growth plus is Zen dev also involve in zclassic?

We often see new cryptocurrencies being created due to hard forking an existing project. One of the latest projects to do so goes by the name of ZenCash, a privacy-centric coin which is directly hard-forked from ZClassic, which is a fork from ZCash. Now would be a good time to compare all three cryptocurrencies and see how they are different from one another.

3. ZenCash

Although ZenCash was only recently introduced to the world, the token has gotten quite a lot of attention already. ZenCash focuses on privacy, and represents an “evolved form of ZK-SNARK technology.” It is a direct hard fork from ZClassic, a currency we will discuss in the next paragraph. One feature that makes ZenCash attractive to people is how it offers a protected communication protocol known as ZenTalk. Users can exchange short messages through this network, all of which is powered by blockchain technology.
ZenCash has a maximum coin supply of 21 million, which is the same as Bitcoin. The governance of this project will be done through a Decentralized Autonomous Organization structure, which is funded by a portion of mining rewards. The DAO will also fund future developments and look for additional partnerships. People interested in a more technical explanation of ZenCash can check out the whitepaper.

2. ZClassic

The ZClassic currency – listed as ZCL on exchanges – is a fork of ZCash. The goal of ZClassic is to remove the 20% fee associated with the ZCash technology. The developers of this fork feel miners should not receive smaller rewards just because the developers need additional money to keep evolving the project. Instead, ZClassic issues the full block reward to miners and aims to have development funded by the community itself.
Moreover, Zclassic was designed in such a way there is no deliberate scarcity. That is quite different from ZCash, which seems to thrive on issuing fewer coins during the early stages of the ecosystem being embraced by enthusiasts. ZClassic is the first major fork of ZCash, although it is unclear if other forks may make an impact on the cryptocurrency ecosystem over the coming months. There will be 21 million ZClassic coins.

1. ZCash

Most cryptocurrency users have heard about ZCash before. This particular cryptocurrency is well known for a strong focus on privacy, while still allowing for specific transactions to be completely transparent. There is a fixed supply of 21 million coins, similar to Bitcoin. However, the number of coins is distributed at a much slower rate from the start, which creates artificial scarcity. Moreover, it appears 20% of the block reward will automatically be deducted for future development of the protocol.
The main reason people are attracted to ZCash is because of their use of zk-SNARKS to protect the amount and recipient of transactions. It did not take all that long for ZCash to become one of the top-twenty cryptocurrencies. It is also worth mentioning ZCash was initially called Zerocash, but the name was changed later on. Make sure to check out the official Zerocash whitepaper, as it contains a lot of technical information regarding this project.

Thank you for this excellent display of information. This post should be actually pinned in the front page as I guess that it perfectly answers to questions every person who gets interested in ZenCash initially has. 

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
beni1107

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:14:09 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 10:08:24 AM by beni1107

Zencash is gonna own the scene im sure.

Do i need new domain for every secure node or i can run 5 nodes with one domain ?
In the tutorial how to set up VPS iv read that could be possible blockchain fills VPS space...can you guys recommend which VPS or what would be the best size of storage for approx 6months or 1 year ?
mariuspopa21

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:31:18 PM

Wrong.

Hello, newbie here.

If i set up a secure node with 100 Zen, can you estimate how much will be the reward?

Thank you.
Confucio

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:00:11 PM

Wrong.

Hello, newbie here.

If i set up a secure node with 100 Zen, can you estimate how much will be the reward?

Thank you.

you Just need 42 Zen for a secure node,  with 100 you could setup  2 secure nodes. To Calculate rewards go here http://zen.lebre.net

ZenCash  The world's first private, distributed, and reliable platform for communications, transactions, and publishing
slack   ▄▄   ANN Thread   ▄▄   Blog   ▄▄   Telegram   ▄▄   forum   ▄▄   twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: