Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:18:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to buy ETH now?  (Read 26354 times)
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:14:14 PM

Yes,It is a good time to buy, if bitcoin spikes after August 1st as I suspect it will, Eth will gain a bit too. They may be two separate coins, but their price seem linked at least for now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rasel5209

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:23:55 PM

i tell don't wait. now eth price is low if you see last month price chart now is low rate. it's not down this one i think. so i tell good time to buy now eth.

DEXSPORT
▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
███████████▀▀  ██████████
████████▀     ████████████
███████      ▀▀███████████
████████▄▄       █████████
██████████▀    ▄██████████
█████████▀  ▄▄███████████
█████████▄▄█████████████
██████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀▀
First Web3...............
Betting Platform!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Sports
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
🎲
Games
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██████
    ███
  ██
  ██
██
██
██
██
  ██
  ██
    ███
      ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Play now
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
███████
████
████
██
██
██
██
████
████
███████
████████████
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:14:36 PM

Now is definitely the best time to buy ethereum since the value is way too low compared to those times when it reached new all-time highs above $400. I can see that now that the value of ethereum dropped to less than $200. So it's better to buy it now before it starts going up because if that happens, i don't see the price going below $200 any time soon. And I don't see it going below $190 either.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:19:23 PM

You should look at the price chart of ETH
I believe you will have a correct answer
I advise you not to buy ETH at this time
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:05:53 PM

bad time to buy eth: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sec-concludes-initial-coin-offerings-are-securities-2017-07-25
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:11:23 PM

If people have spare funds to buy ETH at any price level then I see no problem dealing with buying today although there are speculation of much more price decrease. Im not that type of person who is willing to wait for long time in terms of buying and my way is to act quickly.

If after I did my buying action then the price decrease more then I have to watched it and accepts that it will goes down. I will hold it now even it took long time since Im sure that ETH can be considered as good for holding now. While the price is decreasing, I will make to the point that Im adding more ETH to increase it's quantity.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:15:44 PM

There is red candle all around now,not only ETH,in bittrex almost every coin got red candle
Is this the effect of fork on BTC or security problem on ETH? I'm not sure it is time to buy now
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:58:04 PM

There is red candle all around now,not only ETH,in bittrex almost every coin got red candle
Is this the effect of fork on BTC or security problem on ETH? I'm not sure it is time to buy now
I think red candle was use to protect the clients investment or coins. Moreover, maybe it's not the time to buy ethereum due to large effect of segwit to all crytocurrencies. I think be prepare after segwit maybe that's the right time to invest.
dennyd999

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:18:22 PM

I think red candle was use to protect the clients investment or coins. Moreover, maybe it's not the time to buy ethereum due to large effect of segwit to all crytocurrencies. I think be prepare after segwit maybe that's the right time to invest.

Nobody knows for sure.

But it seems Bitcoin retook more than 50% of market again.
Segwit is big.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:22:50 PM

In contrary, maybe it is a good time to invest in ethereum. Because value of ethereum in the market was smoothly down and for me it is opportunity that I need to grabbed. But if you invest you also carry on your own risks so the final decision is in your.
Zeix

Activity: 154
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:19:11 AM

These are my thoughts, and I might be wrong, but...

I like to compare it to the price of gold and US interest rate hike decision. 1-2 weeks before a rate hike is announced, gold gets dumped like crazy, because everyone is afraid of that event. But after the decision is made, it actually doesn't even matter which result, gold gets pumped like there is no tomorrow. They don't care if there was a hike or not. Why? Because this event they are all afraid of is finally over and there won't be such an event anytime soon. So people can freely invest their money again...at a discounted price! Well, that happened everytime before, but not last time, because last time Yellen indicated they will probably raise again this year, which sent gold even further down. So be careful, while the chances for a pump are high, there is still a small chance that it goes the other way.

Same is happening now with nearly all coins, not just ETH. You might ask why, august 1st has nothing to do with ETH or any other altcoin. It's like trading stocks. Let's say if Apple stock crashes, most other tech stocks will crash too, because Apple, Facebook, Google etc. are market leaders and if they crash people will loose faith in tech stocks in general.
Now if you look at the trading volume since monday. It's only 1/5 of last weeks volume, or even less. That means very little buyers, but also very little sellers. People who believe in ETH are holding now -> no sellers. People who are afraid of august 1st are waiting -> no buyers. That also means, every price movement right now, up or down, is not showing the true sentiment of the majority. Just because the price is going down does not mean EVERYONE is selling. Let's say, if 100 people are holding, but 1 guy is selling for 1$, then the price IS 1$, for that moment. That doesn't mean the other 100 are willing to sell for 1$. There needs to be way more volume to see the real direction.

So now, what will happen on august 1st? It actually doesn't matter what happens to BTC, fork, no fork, spoon, tea cup, what ever. Once that day is over, there won't be such an event anytime soon. So people who are holding now will for sure not sell after august 1st. People who are waiting will start buying again -> price get pumped. Not only ETH, but most coins will get pumped.
I'm not saying this will happen 100%, because no one can predict the market with 100% certainty. The price may even go down a little bit until then. If you want to buy, then I would buy BEFORE august 1st, otherwise you might miss the train. If you buy after the pump already happened, you are making the biggest mistake buying at a high price.

That being said, always predict the unpredictable. I'm not giving any advices, just sharing my thoughts.
As for myself, I'm holding my coins I already own, not buying more. If the price get pumped, I'm making profit anyway. While the price now is tempting to buy more, I'm trying not to be greedy. I did set up a buy order at 140$ though, just in case we really drop to this level again. 2 weeks ago, when the price was declining, I said to myself 140$ is the bottom, this is a major support line, it can't break. But then I didn't buy, because I was hesitant to catch the falling knife. Well, it really hit 140$ and then shot up to 270$ in just 2 days.  Shocked Lesson learned...always believe in yourself and your first opinion...don't think twice about it  Tongue
GAFerreira13

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:14:24 AM

These are my thoughts, and I might be wrong, but...

[...]

Finally someone with common sense and a minimum of intelligence! I support everything he said.

Buy now because after the uncertainity event (Aug. 1), everyone will try to jump on the pump bandwagon and prices will increase.

Or I could just tell you to sell because everyone is holding and you'll make ETH cheaper for me haha Wink
ultraspiritual

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:51:11 PM

while I can understand the reasoning behind believing that prices will move in one direction or another, how do we go about estimating the price level (the magnitude of the change)?
maybe there's still no consensus around how to price a cryptocurrency, but what are some useful tools to translate the positive and negative prospects into price estimates? would it be simpler if we leave the timeline out of the picture?
sixexgames

Activity: 406

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 03:55:51 PM

I feel like everything is going to make a strong recovery after August 1st. But that's just one poor man's opinion.

notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:34:01 PM

Not a really good time. as of now Ethereum price is 184$ + wait I until its become 100$. Ethereum dump now because of Hacking
210 M $$ and the upcoming segwit so I think Ethereum will go o the price 80$ to 120$ per 1 ETH. not a realy good news. and I know some of Holders planning to sell to stop the loss. And may affect I  Ethereum price. so don't buy k ow wait until Bitcoins Fork is done.
wbulot

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:38:48 PM

If you want to buy before 1st August, then I think you should buy some hours before.
All alt will continue to fall until 1st August.
northstarh

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:54:50 PM

Hi guys,

do you think it's a good time to buy ETH now? Price seems to be kinda low, but I'm not sure what to expect from ETH during the upcoming weekend & the aug1-happening after..
Do you think it's better to wait a few days...? 

Not just ETH, if you lose confidence in bitcoin, you should buy altcoin now. Not just ETH, you can buy any coin what you want. All altcoin are going down, but when hard fork succeeds, they will go up with the bitcoin.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
jzale

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:22:24 PM

I've heard there will be a ETH hard fork this coming September. Depending on how it goes, It would be good to hold your ETH since it might go up after the fork.
sheamus10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:59:46 PM

I've heard there will be a ETH hard fork this coming September. Depending on how it goes, It would be good to hold your ETH since it might go up after the fork.
ETH hard fork in september, I just found out if there is such news.
whether this news is official or maybe not official I really want to know it, maybe you can give me one of the articles that discuss this problem Huh
VeeraS

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:10:53 PM

I do not really follow the market about coins for a few days,

If what you say is true, I guess why do not you buy.

telling me ETH is a smart coin and I'm sure they will ride again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: