Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:12:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin Cash overcome the original Bitcoin?  (Read 4719 times)
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:18:02 PM

Not off to a good start, already down to $130 at Kraken

xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:29:18 PM

Bitcoin Cash still can not born 1st block of hes chain:
https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/

Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:56:21 PM

I think that Bitcoin Cash will not only not beat the original bitcoin, but it will not reach its level either. It will not be supported by the public. Already, the large stock exchanges state that they will not support it. He can co-exist with bitcoin for some time, however, in my opinion, he is doomed to slow fading.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:23:34 PM

I really don't see how that's going to happen. People will only claim their Bitcoin Cash and even later exchange it for more bitcoin, Am sure its going to stick around for a while though, but it will and cannot overtake the real BITCOIN and that's a fact

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:31:43 PM

BCC will ofcourse cannot compete the real blockchain of BTC but surely it can make its mark and even if you consider it an altcoin, who knows it value may cross the value and volume of the 2nd largest digital currency ETH. I think saving BCC is not a bd idea, as no one knows now where it can go high or low. Also You can get free BCC if you have Bitcoins stored in bittrex.  Wink

Agree. Bitcoin Cash may never replace the original Bitcoin blockchain. But, as it grows in user acceptance, development, and popularity, it could become a bigger cryptocurrency in market cap eventually surpassing Ethereum and taking its place as the second largest cryptocurrency in market cap.

Right now, it has been massively declining in price, but if Bitcoin Cash manages to strengthen itself, then it could rise back up again. It wouldn't hurt to invest some money into it for the long term, and if you had Bitcoins before August 1st, then you would have the same balance in Bitcoin Cash making it ideal for holding into the long term once everything settles.

As for me, I've sold my Bitcoin Cash obtained with my Bitcoin balance prior to the hard fork, and have earned good money. However, I'm planning to invest more into it as you'll never know what will happen in the future.

Only time will tell if Bitcoin Cash will fail or it will become stronger and stay alongside Bitcoin. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Fidemoga

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:59:36 PM

I really don't see how that's going to happen. People will only claim their Bitcoin Cash and even later exchange it for more bitcoin, Am sure its going to stick around for a while though, but it will and cannot overtake the real BITCOIN and that's a fact

If the BCC price drops to 0.03 to 0.05 bitcoin, I think it is good value and might buy more.
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:02:42 PM

Bitcoin Cash can never overcome the original Bitcoin. I cannot think of such a possibility. Bitcoin is still the ruling king of the kingdom of cryptocurrencies. Right now the price of bitcoin is soaring really high and Bitcoin Cash is on the opposite.
GOLDbarISmine

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:52:00 PM

LET IT DIE  Grin
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:45:02 PM

Bitcoin Cash can never overcome the original Bitcoin. I cannot think of such a possibility. Bitcoin is still the ruling king of the kingdom of cryptocurrencies. Right now the price of bitcoin is soaring really high and Bitcoin Cash is on the opposite.

Bitcoin cash is just another altcoin, and not single one of alt is never been bigger then bitcoin and never will be. Bitcoin cash was good attempt i must say to give everyone same amount they have in bitcoin. This was bold move but eventually people greed for more money ended like it should with every alt price is falling.

If the BCC price drops to 0.03 to 0.05 bitcoin, I think it is good value and might buy more.

To be honest think that even 0.03 will be good if they maintain this one after all this fuzz about it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

nasqar

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:01:22 AM

BCC had a smooth launchig actualy and it had a veri good proce.
I am guessing it ll not overcome BTC wihtin this year & next year.
Especially thiw year that the network is considered not mature yet,
So it will take time
Khailerdaz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:04:35 AM

Due to the controversies of the BIP 91 proposal, Bitcoin mining provider ViaBTC and other supporters are planning a hark fork on August 1st. It will be called Bitcoin Cash with a block size of 8mb.

Now, it would be up to debate whenever this separate chain becomes successful in the future and it gets the attention from major exchanges, businesses, and startups that support Bitcoin.

Do you think Bitcoin Cash might overcome the original Bitcoin we know and love in the future? Or will SegWit2x prevail and render other forks useless?

I would like to know your opinion about this Smiley

Bitcoincash will never overcome the bitcoin.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 02:32:23 AM

Its crashing, We will see

It crashed too hard, most people dumped when more exchange open deposits for Bitcoin Cash

Lets see
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:36:20 PM

Its crashing, We will see

It crashed too hard, most people dumped when more exchange open deposits for Bitcoin Cash

Lets see

Nothing will happen he is going to his right place to be under ETH and he will even go below LTC in price. He will be among few that are worth something but he will never ever go to higher then bitcoin he might not even go higher then ETH. For more exchanges this mean price will drop again and again. Who ever exchange it when all started made profit rest hope for something big.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

nmaryrai

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:40:04 PM

Bitcoin Cash will only make bitcoin more popular and more expensive than now. Most people are familiar with bitcoin and bitcoincash will have difficulty changing things are already rooted.
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:15:20 PM

Bitcoin Cash will only make bitcoin more popular and more expensive than now. Most people are familiar with bitcoin and bitcoincash will have difficulty changing things are already rooted.

Yes. We do not know how everything will turn out in the future. But I do not think so too. Bitcoin cache will only make the original bitcoin more expensive and more popular, but won't replace it.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:56:08 PM

Exactly. Bitcoin Cash can never overcome Bitcoin as it lacks the strength and wide user acceptance it needs to do so. On the contrary, Bitcoin is the original chain with a wider audience and stronger hashrate, making it the top choice for anyone who would want to secure their funds for the long term, or use it as a store of value like Gold.

With this in mind, Bitcoin will continue to rise in value over the course of years, while Bitcoin Cash will continue to decline massively in price unless it spikes in user interest and support.

But until now, Bitcoin Cash is just another altcoin that may become worthless as time goes by. It could all change if it gains traction, but it is very unlikely that it will happen.

Nevertheless, we can all enjoy the goodness of Bitcoin's security and acceptance, while taking advantage of the high transaction throughput that Bitcoin Cash provides. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:34:58 PM

Nah i dont think soo, bitcoin has too strong community, what is very important, so i think that bitcoin will Stay on top for a Long Long period, none cini will get past him

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
-security-

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:38:51 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 08:31:51 AM by -security-

Peer to peer is original bitcoin, segregated witness is opposite.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:42:01 PM

Long term only one chain will survive with meaningful value.
If everything works as planed with Segwit, Bitcoin Cash will Crash.
Any net search will lead to Bitcoin.

Exactly. If Bitcoin Cash continues to decline in value over the exchanges, and provides poor innovation, then it will die soon. On the contrary, Bitcoin is the original chain and has managed to gather a wide audience, which has the longest standing reputation and support from its miners and node operators.

As of now, mining Bitcoin is more profitable than doing so with Bitcoin Cash, so miners will stay with the original chain, unless it becomes profitable to mine in the BCH chain.

Things aside, it's been a week since the launch of BCH, yet there hasn't been any innovation or active development. If it remains as is, then it will be just a pure speculative coin, and another altcoin which is cloned from Bitcoin's codebase.

The original Bitcoin chain will grow and survive for many years to come. Exciting things like SegWit, block size increase, and the Lightning Network, will greatly boost its adoption and make a positive effect in its price.

All that lies ahead is for SegWit2x to become fully complete (the block size increase part) and Bitcoin would've made a major milestone in history. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:42:36 PM

Long term only one chain will survive with meaningful value.
If everything works as planed with Segwit, Bitcoin Cash will Crash.
Any net search will lead to Bitcoin.

Exactly. If Bitcoin Cash continues to decline in value over the exchanges, and provides poor innovation, then it will die soon. On the contrary, Bitcoin is the original chain and has managed to gather a wide audience, which has the longest standing reputation and support from its miners and node operators.

As of now, mining Bitcoin is more profitable than doing so with Bitcoin Cash, so miners will stay with the original chain, unless it becomes profitable to mine in the BCH chain.

Things aside, it's been a week since the launch of BCH, yet there hasn't been any innovation or active development. If it remains as is, then it will be just a pure speculative coin, and another altcoin which is cloned from Bitcoin's codebase.

The original Bitcoin chain will grow and survive for many years to come. Exciting things like SegWit, block size increase, and the Lightning Network, will greatly boost its adoption and make a positive effect in its price.

All that lies ahead is for SegWit2x to become fully complete (the block size increase part) and Bitcoin would've made a major milestone in history. Just my thoughts Grin

Segwit2x will crash the price again, because nobody but idiots want to hardfork in 2 months in a incredibly stupid rushed way. Bitcoin Core 0.15 is going to ignore segwit2x blocks so if miners don't align their views with reality and reject NYA, I can see the price crashing again in 2 months all because corporate fiat whores like Barry Shillbert and Erik Voorhees  think they are smarter than actual engineers making the code. They think because they made a lot of money investing here and there, know how to scale a network.

If these idiots and the equally idiot miners don't listen to the more intelligent coders, the price will crash again in november during an all time high, and you will know who to blame. They will sell it to you as if it's "Core's fault", when they are doing the right thing. The one's blind and technologically incompetent are always the hardforkers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: