Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE money in the form of BCC?  (Read 1633 times)
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:09:44 PM

This seems to be what most people on hear are saying will happen yet they are all still ensuring they get their BCC.

The problem i see is they are banking on being able to get in on the dump at a good price to make some sort of profit from BCC. Isnt the concensus that BTC will take a dive in price upon the fork before it then recovers from everyone jumping back on? if that is the case my thoughts would be to sell BTC now high, then buy more BTC when it drops, seems a better profit situation than hoping on BCC

But bitcoin price seems stable over $2700 right now, you can sell and hope it decline, but what if it won't?
On the other hand, bcc will be dumped as soon as it launched and there is some chance it will rise again, whether people sell right away or wait another pump, in the end bcc will lose too much value because people wants profits by sell free bcc.
investinator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:18:15 PM

I've read that Kraken and Bitfinex are crediting depositors with BCC amounts equal to the BTC amount already deposited in their exchanges by Aug 1.

Do i understand correctly that for example i had 1 BTC deposited, this means they would also credit me with 1 BCC?

Is it right to assume that BCC value wont be far from BTC? Worrying because it seems too easy that i'll be given free and easy money. Will this mean BTC price is going down?

Everyone is seeing this as free money and will sell BCC as soon as it lists. I heard the futures for this are currently around $200-400, so this is approximately what the market thinks it will be worth when the fork happens.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:12:40 AM

This seems to be what most people on hear are saying will happen yet they are all still ensuring they get their BCC.

The problem i see is they are banking on being able to get in on the dump at a good price to make some sort of profit from BCC. Isnt the concensus that BTC will take a dive in price upon the fork before it then recovers from everyone jumping back on? if that is the case my thoughts would be to sell BTC now high, then buy more BTC when it drops, seems a better profit situation than hoping on BCC

But bitcoin price seems stable over $2700 right now, you can sell and hope it decline, but what if it won't?
On the other hand, bcc will be dumped as soon as it launched and there is some chance it will rise again, whether people sell right away or wait another pump, in the end bcc will lose too much value because people wants profits by sell free bcc.
That is the intention of this discussion, some people do want to take advantage of free or bcc.The next act of course many who sell coins free and led make prices fall.But whether it would affect to price bitcoin itself?
lausam

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:40:26 AM

Yes .. if we deposit 1 btc we will be given 1 bcc free.
I do not know if btc will go down or up after there BCC. But that does not affect the btc price because that thing often happens at btc.Maybe the btc price will be normal and stable will even rise.
see and wait 1 Aug.

futuredoc70

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:44:28 AM

By what logic are people predicting that Bitcoin will take a hit once the fork takes place?  The consensus here seems that most people will simply sell their BCC.  At least some of this money will go into BTC, which would cause the price to increase.

In order for there to be a decrease in BTC people would have to do the opposite.  They'd have to decide to start selling their BTC and go into BCC.

What I'm trying to determine is the following, please tell me what I'm missing:

Kraken is going to be depositing BCC in those accounts that hold BTC or who are long BTC with a margin position.  If someone were to take a margin position for 10 coins (~$27,000) prior to the deadline they would be given a free $27,000 in BCC.

If they sold bitcoin immediately they'd close their position without a gain or loss on the trade, but they'd have that free $27,000.  Even if BCC lost 50% they would end up with a free $13,500.   They'd take the risks that come with margin trades, but they would skip other risks related to having bitcoin on exchanges, etc, etc..   If they just bought BTC without the margin the math would workout the same way.

The only scenario I see for this backfiring is if Bitcoin were to take a major hit, which I think is unlikely due to a few reasons:
1. It's still bitcoin and the true believers are going to fight to keep it strong.
2. At least some of the free money will be going into BTC which should prop it up.
3. At least one exchange, Kraken, will be debiting accounts that are short bitcoin at the fork deadline
   ---- If you're short 1 bitcoin you will have an equal amount deducted from your account as BCC.
  ---This will force all Kraken users to close their shorts, which will essentially amount to a short squeeze.

It seems too good to be true, but I only have a rudimentary grip on this situation so far.  What am I missing?
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:05:56 AM

To summarize,( I have about 0.02 BTC on Kraken), on 1st of August, when the fork happens, I will also get 0.02 BCC, right?
Then, I can simply sell my 0.02 BCC and use them to buy BTC which is basically free money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
frendsento

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:22:06 AM

I've read that Kraken and Bitfinex are crediting depositors with BCC amounts equal to the BTC amount already deposited in their exchanges by Aug 1.

Do i understand correctly that for example i had 1 BTC deposited, this means they would also credit me with 1 BCC?

Is it right to assume that BCC value wont be far from BTC? Worrying because it seems too easy that i'll be given free and easy money. Will this mean BTC price is going down?

Yes that was right bitcoin holders will be credited (BCC) with the same amount of bitcoins  they have in their wallet , basically it was a free money given that the price of Bitcoins will not decreased , well it depend if many people will invest to BCC but upon receiving BCC I think most of the people including me of course will dump BCC and convert it to BTC right away and Bitcoin price most likely will increased.
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:54:50 AM

To summarize,( I have about 0.02 BTC on Kraken), on 1st of August, when the fork happens, I will also get 0.02 BCC, right?
Then, I can simply sell my 0.02 BCC and use them to buy BTC which is basically free money.

maybe the calculation is like that as we are read statement like 1:1, so if you have that amount, you can get the same amount of btc you have. yes its a free money but we don't know how much the price later and i hope the price will expensive so if we sell, we are make nice profit. but i hope there is no any requirement to get free bcc.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:59:26 AM

Oh nice, here s greed talking. Yes, sure, u ll get thousands of $$$ completely free. There s just one small catch. The moment BCC becomes tradable, it ll get dumped to oblivion which means it ll be worth next to nothing.

Do you really think there s enough money in crypto to double Bitcoin market cap of 45 BILLIONS USD so that you could get your free doubling.

Dude, control your greed, dump your BCC and use your head a bit.

I do not expect BTC price going down cause nobody will transfer their money into BCC, people will just dump it. I know I ll sell mine the moment I get them.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:12:33 AM

The thought of "free money" is absurd. Yet promoted by shills and the youngsters adding to confusion.

For now I think the split will be like a mirror one side BTC other BCC. I expect a lot of problems until the mirror breaks and only one remains.

Hope I'm wrong

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:19:35 AM

I think exactly opposite wil happen after network split. Bcc will be dumped by bitcoin lovers and they will keep their btc this will certainly pump the price of btc because all the free money people will get from bcc will be used on buying btc back. We can predict price to reach  $3k for btc when bcc will be listed for trading.
This is probably the only realistic thing that will happen; there will likely be a huge dump from a majority of users because, let's be honest, there is next to zero hype for Bitcoin Cash and the only realistic outcome, when someone gets their money (effectively) doubled into a stronger and weaker asset, is they will sell the less valuable portion and opt to purchase more of whatever has value. In this case, BCC has next to no value as very few exchanges and services are willing to host it. My plan is to probably take whatever BCC I have, liquidate it on an exchange and buy whatever BTC I can within a reasonable time. That's assuming I give a damn about the BCC.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:44:57 PM

so Kraken and Bitfinex will give free money how deposit btc on there trading platform ?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:52:08 PM

It is not free money. The current market cap of Bitcoin can be considered as the combined cap of BTC+BCC. After August 1, BCC is going to split off from the BTC, and therefore the BTC exchange rates may dip.
Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:42:56 PM

I think exactly opposite wil happen after network split. Bcc will be dumped by bitcoin lovers and they will keep their btc this will certainly pump the price of btc because all the free money people will get from bcc will be used on buying btc back. We can predict price to reach  $3k for btc when bcc will be listed for trading.

I was also think about that if the price of BCC is lower than the original BTC still a lot of people will dump there BCC and buy BTC simply because more and more people already know about BTC maybe they will just simply think that BCC is just another altcoin that all free airdrop no ICO

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:44:45 PM

If you believe in efficient markets, bitcoin would be at $100K right now, because if you could get
double your money for doing absolutely nothing, people would be buying bitcoin like
there's no tomorrow.  Do you really think that's going to happen?  Somehow I don't...but it sure
would be nice, no?

This really isn't what's going to happen, right?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:50:40 PM

But this assumes that BCC actually carries a price that can actually affect the BTC price. That assumes that there are also people who value BCC, and may also be dumping their BTC for BCC.

I think all of this is highly unpredictable. We can't predict future demand for BCC. I'm frankly surprised that exchanges have gotten so much interest from users that Kraken and Bitfinex are paying them out (and opening markets for them?), and Coinbase increased their withdrawal limits to allow people to move their coins off exchange. If there is truly a lot of demand for BCC, things could get messy. I just think it's impossible to predict at this point, and we will see the market price things in over time.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:18:42 PM

If there is a network split and if the competing currency have some value then it is free money for sure and i do not mind getting hold of it,but that does not mean that the price of bitcoin will go down,i am really waiting for another rally after the fork and i am sure those who purchased when the price went down will make a good profit after the fork.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:26:08 PM

If split happens then in short term the BTC rate might drop by the amount of BCC due to the drop of the demand (also some panic selling may affect the market). You might have to benefit by performing some extra speculations but it definetely won't be free money. In long term i still belive that BTC will grow but can't predict its growth without BCC (ofc in case of bitcoin split).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: