Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is ...nothing,acording to my country`s laws.  (Read 2853 times)
davis196 (OP)

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:09:59 PM

I live in a country in the EU and i tried to get some information about how can i pay my taxes for my btc revenue.
Acording to my country`s legislation:
1.Bitcoin isn`t  digital money.
2.Bitcoin isn`t a digital asset.
Acording to the laws,bitcoin is nothing...BUT acording to the same legislation,i`m obligated to pay taxes for all my revenues,including the income from online trading.What if all my income comes from bitcoin trading?
Do i have to pay any taxes or no?Sorry,if this questions is asked here before.
Is this ridiculous?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haiduongbg

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 04:28:30 PM

Where are you from? We can only help if we know where you're from. The easiest way is to contact your tax authority for clarifications
Blocken

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 08:30:23 PM

Lucky you.

If you convert to fiat, pay regular income tax on that.

Done.

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:42:26 PM

They're probably just really behind on the times and haven't made specific laws for cryptocurrencies yet. This is a very 2012 problem. To be safe, pay the taxes you believe you owe. If you don't you'll have to pay th later when they find out.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:42:13 PM

I live in a country in the EU and i tried to get some information about how can i pay my taxes for my btc revenue.
Acording to the laws,bitcoin is nothing...BUT acording to the same legislation,i`m obligated to pay taxes for all my revenues,including the income from online trading.What if all my income comes from bitcoin trading?
Is this ridiculous?

There is a absolutely nothing you can do about it at the moment but to stay away from trouble, you can pay an amount you willingly want to pay to the tax authority because the status of bitcoin in most countries will start to change from "nothing" to something in which they might want to go back and do tax investigation in which at this time might be difficult for you to meet with the amount levied.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:02:01 PM

In this case, you have to declare your income wherever they may come from Bitcoin or not so that you can pay the appropriate tax. Though your country is not yet recognizing Bitcoin whether as a currency or asset, the point here is that there is already a law which demands that anyone having an income must pay a tax percentage on that income. It does not matter then where is the source of the income. And your country is not alone with this kind of situation.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:00:54 PM

Interesting! In my country (in Southeast Asia), Bitcoin was recently just recognized by the country's central bank and according to the laws, its not necessarily "nothing". Bitcoin is not recognized as a digital/cryptocurrency or payment system but rather it is considered as property. Because of this, it said to be not having any legal tender - or in other words, it is not a medium of payment recognized by the legal system in our country. We also have income tax but I don't know how it would apply to Bitcoin earners because of this kind of recognition by the government.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:31:19 PM

Bitcoin is nothing according to the laws of most countries as the governments are reluctant to officially recognizing it as a form of money or currency or a digital asset even. But the problem is, you cannot buy your mother's medicine or pay your son's school fees with bitcoins.

So, you have to convert it to fiat at one point of time. And the moment you convert it, it will be treated as money earned, and the tax axe falls on you.
realdeanz

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:32:56 PM

If Bitcoin gets more accepted globally as a convenient payment method, it is possible that governments around the world would lose out 'bigly' on VAT and other Taxes. Therefore, it is likely that many governments will try their best to make sure your bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies are taxable.
Nazmul012

Activity: 750
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 01:59:23 AM

You don't have to but to fulfil demands of your early life , & Due to BitCoin isn't take for granted by your Government, you have to exchange BitCoin with money of your county,, thus you can use use BitCoin as legal and aslo pay taxes  Grin

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:28:17 AM

Is this ridiculous?

It doesn't what it is classified as, the government will still want taxes.
Your best bet is to do the calculations and pay taxes; it will help you if the government suddenly changes its mind and starts digging out old records.
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:29:20 PM

That's pretty freaking ridiculous. Maybe you could get away with not declaring it? I don't think they can straight up tax you for converting to fiat either, since they can't automatically assume that you're converting earnings.
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:40:11 PM

Is this ridiculous?

Bitcoin isn't a digital money because unlike credit cards that you can use online which has a fiat account that
is associated with it bitcoin really don't have any value. But there are people who wants to have that coin in
exchange of their fiat so it has a value.

Reason why you are being asked by your country to pay for taxes was because you converted it to fiat, and fiat is subject for taxes.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
roddy5

Activity: 220

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:26:58 PM

Is this ridiculous?

Bitcoin isn't a digital money because unlike credit cards that you can use online which has a fiat account that
is associated with it bitcoin really don't have any value. But there are people who wants to have that coin in
exchange of their fiat so it has a value.

Reason why you are being asked by your country to pay for taxes was because you converted it to fiat, and fiat is subject for taxes.

I agree with this once you have your bitcoin converted to fiat this will be considered will be subject to taxes.
All income or any addition to your asset is subject to taxes even if it is from a donation or no matter what the sources are.
Bitcoin may not be considered as an asset but once you got an asset out of it then that is subject to taxes.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:30:00 PM

Looks like the author totally doesn't interested in founding a reply on his question, he didn't comment the thread for months!
Well, I think we all may realize our trading and other crypto activity in the same way as before, cause of no country called about Butcoin taxation yet. So, if it's not illegal it is legal by the logic Smiley
bacardibacani

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:25:50 PM

As long as you're making profit, it will be recorded in the country's GDP or GNP. Which makes it taxable.
Best thing to do is to coordinate and pay your taxes. Because once your government creates a regulatory framework on the taxation of cryptocurrencies, then they will also include investigations on past recorded transactions, and you might pay much much more when that happens.
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:24:54 PM

As long as you're making profit, it will be recorded in the country's GDP or GNP. Which makes it taxable.
Best thing to do is to coordinate and pay your taxes. Because once your government creates a regulatory framework on the taxation of cryptocurrencies, then they will also include investigations on past recorded transactions, and you might pay much much more when that happens.

I think it's better also to have another business in real life. To at least cover up revenues from bitcoin. Bitcoin according to your post is not illegal but it's just not recognized. If you have a business IRL and you get findingrom bitcoin, at least  you can declare income that you have business rather than online trading only.
ALT67890

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:02:47 AM

Is this ridiculous?

It is hypocritical in its finest, they labelled it as “nothing” or “useless” but they want you to pay taxes for earning to it. That’s more of greedy to the same government who supposedly support you than taking in your advantage without them doing they’re mandated to do so.

In my country it’s not yet illegal and we don’t pay tax for it and that is just right for me.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:05:52 AM

In my country, you are not obliged to pay taxes on any of your online revenues, and when it comes on Bitcoin, i don't even know if my government is aware of the technology yet. I have never heard of any government authorities talking about or saying anything about bitcoin or things related to it. In fact, the people in my country doesn't mostly know a lot about Bitcoin. I can barely find someone knowing a few things about bitcoin that it is a digital currency with a very high price, other than this, they know almost nothing about it.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:52:53 PM

In my country, you are not obliged to pay taxes on any of your online revenues, and when it comes on Bitcoin, i don't even know if my government is aware of the technology yet. I have never heard of any government authorities talking about or saying anything about bitcoin or things related to it. In fact, the people in my country doesn't mostly know a lot about Bitcoin. I can barely find someone knowing a few things about bitcoin that it is a digital currency with a very high price, other than this, they know almost nothing about it.

Well in my country, our local exchanges just this year have impost a more strict regulations in terms of KYC/AML compliant. However they are very friendly to bitcoin, and even have approved already two more exchanges to be operational soon, maybe in 2018. So our government is very active about cryptocurrency, but they are not strict. So I'm assuming in just a couple of years there will be a government rule specially imposing of taxing bitcoin. But I'm more willing to comply though as long as its within the boundaries, I guess all of us will need to follow and comply.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x