Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:33:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 136589 times)
younglord33

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:28:01 AM

Everything eventually gets sold online, thats what the past 20 years have taught us. Real estate is the final type of transaction to enter the internet. It doesnt even have to disrupt real estate, if 1% of real estate transactions are made on Atlant, the token will easily be worth 50+

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:46:52 AM

Everything eventually gets sold online, thats what the past 20 years have taught us. Real estate is the final type of transaction to enter the internet. It doesnt even have to disrupt real estate, if 1% of real estate transactions are made on Atlant, the token will easily be worth 50+

Sorry, but there's not a chance that Atlant will capture 1% of the real estate market.

younglord33

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:04:56 AM

true, there's no chance that amazon will capture 1% of the book market either
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:36:12 AM

That would only happen if they will do a big effort to be leading in the market, and I don't think it will happen in just a short period of time.
If we really believe then we need to start holding now, and don't get panic since the price is pretty cheap and we do not have decent volume yet, patience is really necessary here in crypto so be strong all the time and believe on the project you invested.

panorama

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:34:55 PM

I'm not saying that a real estate company on the blockchain can't reach 1%. I'm saying that Atlant can't.

This is because by requiring investors to put in effort (as a result of decentralized management), their business model won't appeal to the masses when there are more passive opportunities available (on the blockchain as well), potentially with a better return.

If you really want the details, I'm happy to explain, but it would be naive to say they can hit 1% of the real estate market just because Amazon hit 1% of the book market.

Atlant might have its place, but their ownership model won't be mainstream with their current business model.

virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:49:33 PM

I'm not saying that a real estate company on the blockchain can't reach 1%. I'm saying that Atlant can't.

This is because by requiring investors to put in effort (as a result of decentralized management), their business model won't appeal to the masses when there are more passive opportunities available (on the blockchain as well), potentially with a better return.

If you really want the details, I'm happy to explain, but it would be naive to say they can hit 1% of the real estate market just because Amazon hit 1% of the book market.

Atlant might have its place, but their ownership model won't be mainstream with their current business model.
Can you explain it how? I get your points butwe cant say it finally because we are not on the team and it is not finish atlant is just sfarting from now.
Altlant has begun to big a big project but in terns of real estate wi will see it in the future.
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:47:20 PM

Still 66% below ico price.
Sad
m_nief

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

Moonbet.io

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:50:07 PM

how the progress of bounty distribution Mr. Frogman?? it is a long time for waiting the rewards landing on my wallet

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
MOONBET[][][]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
panorama

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:04:09 PM

Can you explain it how? I get your points butwe cant say it finally because we are not on the team and it is not finish atlant is just sfarting from now.
Altlant has begun to big a big project but in terns of real estate wi will see it in the future.

Most people aren't (and don't want to be) real estate experts. So, when Joe the plumber decides he wants to invest $500 into a real estate investment, he's got a few options:

1) invest in a public REIT
2) Invest through Atlant (decentralized management)
3) Invest through another blockchain company with centralized management

Let's put the REIT option aside and focus on #2 and #3.

What advantage does Atlant really provide? Joe has more control over his investment. From a day to day perspective, this is generally limited to just voting on the management company each year, which shouldn't be too difficult (as long as everything is going well).

But before he even gets to the ownership part, Joe has to decide which property he wants to invest in. A property was put up for sale and there's plenty of info to support a decision, but he's got to go through that process himself. Deciding if he's OK with the location, condition, broader market, etc.

So he's got control over which investments to make, but not really over the day to day stuff. It's not like it's even that efficient from a cost perspective because he's still paying fees to Atlant token holders (7%) at inception,  and to the property manager.

That's a lot of work for a $500 investment, so he'll likely want to invest through a platform that where he can rely on real estate experts to make some of these decisions for him.

If there are options where he can rely on the expertise of others to help with the initial decision making process, I think they will attract more investors than Atlant will.

RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:23:14 PM

how the progress of bounty distribution Mr. Frogman?? it is a long time for waiting the rewards landing on my wallet

bounties will be distributed probably next year. they will publish every 2 weeks 1 spreadsheet. So my guess is maybe about February.
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:31:25 PM

yes that thing makes sence that ATLANT can't reach 1% of the real estate market
with all the info i got a researched about atlant its impossible task to hit 1% of the real estate
but also one more thing that i can't ignore and that is ATLANT project is just starting mode
in future anything could be happen maybe in the future blockchain will get more percentage of real estate then any other or not
and dev team of ATLANT could be able to spread their selves more wide and the project also
and in future ATLANT can get there and maybe more project on real estate can get before ATLANT
only time will tell us what will gonna happen so have to wait and wait atleast one year 
younglord33

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:54:05 PM

Most people aren't (and don't want to be) real estate experts. So, when Joe the plumber decides he wants to invest $500 into a real estate investment, he's got a few options:

3) Invest through another [Suspicious link removed]pany with centralized management

What advantage does Atlant really provide? Joe has more control over his investment. From a day to day perspective, this is generally limited to just voting on the management company each year, which shouldn't be too difficult (as long as everything is going well).

But before he even gets to the ownership part, Joe has to decide which property he wants to invest in. A property was put up for sale and there's plenty of info to support a decision, but he's got to go through that process himself. Deciding if he's OK with the location, condition, broader market, etc.

So he's got control over which investments to make, but not really over the day to day stuff. It's not like it's even that efficient from a cost perspective because he's still paying fees to Atlant token holders (7%) at inception,  and to the property manager.

That's a lot of work for a $500 investment, so he'll likely want to invest through a platform that where he can rely on real estate experts to make some of these decisions for him.

If there are options where he can rely on the expertise of others to help with the initial decision making process, I think they will attract more investors than Atlant will.

I disagree with most of what you said.

1- I think real estate has pervaded the public (at least in the U.S.) and most average people would find it appealing to be real estate investors of some kind but just have a huge barrier of entry.

2- I dont believe in the term "real estate experts" I think that's horseshit and even if there are i believe most people would rather invest in real estate themselves.

3- decentralization has upsides of not having to deal with different people (barrier of entry), cutting out silly middlemen, and possibly buying property to get away from paying taxes.

4- i want to buy a house from my bedroom.
panorama

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:30:33 PM

3) Invest through another [Suspicious link removed]pany with centralized management

I disagree with most of what you said.

1- I think real estate has pervaded the public (at least in the U.S.) and most average people would find it appealing to be real estate investors of some kind but just have a huge barrier of entry.

2- I dont believe in the term "real estate experts" I think that's horseshit and even if there are i believe most people would rather invest in real estate themselves.

3- decentralization has upsides of not having to deal with different people (barrier of entry), cutting out silly middlemen, and possibly buying property to get away from paying taxes.

4- i want to buy a house from my bedroom.

1) agreed
2) Are you saying that you understand real estate as well as someone who's spent their entire career doing it?
3) agreed
4) agreed

While I agree on points 1, 3 and 4, there are other companies offering access to real estate that don't have issue #2. That's a big deal.

Before you invest in real estate, you should understand things like market occupancy, cap rates, rents, job growth, supply, demand drivers, access to amenities, etc. Do you have the resources to find out if there's a brand new office building being built half a mile down the road from the one you just invested in?

I didn't even mention the fact that it's unclear if these properties would qualify for traditional financing because of the way they are structured. If not, or if it's at a higher cost, investors will have lower returns relative to other investment structures. The Atlant team didn't have an answer to this when I asked.

younglord33

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:19:24 AM

real estate is not such a complicated field. Certainly there's levels to understanding it but it basically comes down to one thing: will this property be more or less desirable in the future.
I question the term expert when applied to real estate because it does not take much to assess the variables of buying a certain property and many people who would not refer to themselves as "real estate experts" have gotten rich simple by applying basic principles.

For example, if i look at property in nyc i know the population will continue to rise and that the closer you are to manhattan the better. These two realizations are enough reason to invest in most properties in brooklyn, and any person can come to this conclusion without being an expert. However, the barrier of entry is too high.

I'm saying there is a huge market for people to invest in real estate without consulting "experts." I dont need to go to anyone to know that brooklyn real estate prices will continue to rise and that downtown brooklyn will eventually become a commercial center like midtown.

I am interested in how Atlant would compete with other real estate platforms based on the blockchain, and what those platforms are.
I think decentralization will ultimately be a plus side, not a downfall. Financing is an interesting point, and i doubt traditional financing will be available through atlant anytime soon.

What I'm most focused on is how atlant will relate to taxes. If a person is able to take large sums of money and buy property with atlant or even sell their property and not deal with taxes i can see it skyrocketing.
panorama

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:20:15 AM

real estate is not such a complicated field. Certainly there's levels to understanding it but it basically comes down to one thing: will this property be more or less desirable in the future.
I question the term expert when applied to real estate because it does not take much to assess the variables of buying a certain property and many people who would not refer to themselves as "real estate experts" have gotten rich simple by applying basic principles.

For example, if i look at property in nyc i know the population will continue to rise and that the closer you are to manhattan the better. These two realizations are enough reason to invest in most properties in brooklyn, and any person can come to this conclusion without being an expert. However, the barrier of entry is too high.

I'm saying there is a huge market for people to invest in real estate without consulting "experts." I dont need to go to anyone to know that brooklyn real estate prices will continue to rise and that downtown brooklyn will eventually become a commercial center like midtown.

I am interested in how Atlant would compete with other real estate platforms based on the blockchain, and what those platforms are.
I think decentralization will ultimately be a plus side, not a downfall. Financing is an interesting point, and i doubt traditional financing will be available through atlant anytime soon.

What I'm most focused on is how atlant will relate to taxes. If a person is able to take large sums of money and buy property with atlant or even sell their property and not deal with taxes i can see it skyrocketing.

You're naive to think that experience doesn't matter.

With respect to your NYC reference, did you know that properties in midtown are under a lot of pressure from Hudson Yards? Buying into a property on 52nd Street with Blackrock as a tenant might seem really attractive - unless you knew that they will be vacating.

Speaking of Hudson Yards, did you know that they are getting $100+ psf rents, but having to give away a lot in concessions for it?

Even if you knew all of this, how do you know what the right price is? Do you know what the average cap rate is in Manhattan vs the outer boroughs?

You can just decide to "buy real estate in NY" and you might do just fine. But there's also a chance you might not.

Atlant doesn't compete in a vacuum. There are other blockchain companies already out there working on competing platforms where investors don't have to figure this stuff out for themselves.

Decentralization can be a good thing, but it has to be done right.

I asked about taxes a while ago. It'll be up to the individual investors to figure out their own tax liability, but I wouldn't expect that you won't have any.

SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:55:57 AM

You're naive to think that experience doesn't matter.

With respect to your NYC reference, did you know that properties in midtown are under a lot of pressure from Hudson Yards? Buying into a property on 52nd Street with Blackrock as a tenant might seem really attractive - unless you knew that they will be vacating.

Speaking of Hudson Yards, did you know that they are getting $100+ psf rents, but having to give away a lot in concessions for it?

Even if you knew all of this, how do you know what the right price is? Do you know what the average cap rate is in Manhattan vs the outer boroughs?

You can just decide to "buy real estate in NY" and you might do just fine. But there's also a chance you might not.

Atlant doesn't compete in a vacuum. There are other blockchain companies already out there working on competing platforms where investors don't have to figure this stuff out for themselves.

Decentralization can be a good thing, but it has to be done right.

I asked about taxes a while ago. It'll be up to the individual investors to figure out their own tax liability, but I wouldn't expect that you won't have any.

Some true points panorama brought up here. Saying it doesn't require much knowledge to pick the right properties is completely insane.

Wemefy

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:11:21 PM

I guess it is a bit hard competition between real estate projects.
I haven't seen any really successful recently. But might that's only me?

Anyway good luck to your project
panorama

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:16:41 PM

The real estate ICO projects that are currently out there are all fairly different, so can each target their own niche. It'll be interesting to see if many will succeed or if it'll consolidate into just a few platforms.

lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:19:49 PM

Real estate completely different boom, we have to work very hard because we have to conduct a lot of meeting to get awareness about the Blockchain project. In order to get partnership owner of the company should conduct a lot of meeting for Venture.
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:59:05 PM

Atlant look a great project, hope to see atlant soon in a big exchange like bittrex

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: