Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If this will be available
Legal - 58 (93.5%)
Ilegal - 4 (6.5%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal bitcoin or illegal bitcoin  (Read 6801 times)
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:41:41 PM

In my country, there is no clear regulation of bitcoin status, legal or illegal?.
The government in my country doesn`t forbid its citizens to have bitcoins, they just assert "if any problem with bitcoin, its own consequence". However, if any bitcoin adopters they will take firm action in accordance with applicable law.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tenderino

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:30:28 AM

I first feel the necessity to inform you that every country has its own laws and whether or not bitcoin is illegal in your country depends on that laws. Even if bitcoin is illegal in your country, please do not consider it as a serious thing like drugs because in some countries you can get executed if catched with a certain amount of it, while I have never heard that the possible illegal use of bitcoin could lead to an execution?
Sikkan666

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:49:08 AM

Bitcoins are ceratinly not illegal in my country, quite the opposite, some merchs accept Bitcoins as a payment, and I hope there will be many more in the future! Smiley
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:06:54 AM

Can you guyz vote if what are we doing now is legal or not
Coz these can be a serious like having a marijuana or drugs in our pockets

And if these bitcoin became a currency i think it will be have a tax and
Why do we eager to earn virtual money than real money.. simply because the rate is higher than the real ones and it is easy to earn if i am not mistaken😎

What you guyz think

Bitcoin has not be expressly written as illegal anywhere around the world. Most of the countries dont even have any law governing it. No taxes too. But my country(India) is planning to bring its very own crypto currency which might even be regulated by government. So I dont think they are quite much against the bitcoin technology.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:33:44 PM

Why do we eager to earn virtual money than real money.. simply because the rate is higher than the real ones and it is easy to earn if i am not mistaken😎

What you guyz think

My take is that, as per our country, Bitcoins are not illegal because there is no law saying it is illegal. Nor is there any law saying any transactions involving Bitcoins are illegal. Hence, it is legal to us for all intents and purposes.

As regards your second question, I do not think that taxing Bitcoins is the necessary effect of it being a legal tender because just like any currency that is backed up by central banks, you do not tax the money per se but the income you derive from it. To put emphasis, it is the income that you tax and not the currency. 
Thaalbi

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:09:01 PM

What you guyz think

i voted legale yes good luck for this
Thaalbi

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:24:51 PM

Link
you have the link ?
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:44:46 AM

It's legal here in our country while some other countries made it illegal. And why are you scared about the marijuana or other drugs? Are you going to buy it using btc in the darknet? Only buyers should be scared about that issue and not those who don't.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:57:12 AM

Well, depending where you live and how Bitcoin's progress walks the laws can surely say to have a Bitcoin is the same than having marijuana on your pocket... But the law can even say that to have candies on your pocket is the same than marijuana... And we know it's ridiculous. And I would say it's ridiculous too to treat Bitcoin like drugs, but it can happen if your country's command wish.

The important is to have the conscience about what is right and what is wrong by yourself and not just because a random law say it to you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:31:01 AM

What you guyz think

If for buying or to have a marijuana or other drugs's prohibited, of course this includes illegal activity and not worth to do. Although it's not known, it's a criminal act that is clearly inappropriate for a good citizen for the country. It should never to doing it, that tarnishing the good name of bitcoin (virtual money).

Yes of course, it will be set up to pay taxes or obligations to be paid to the government.
In general, I think not everyone who wants to earn virtual money than real money, there are still many people out there who haven't really knowing yet the virtual money because not close to the internet connection till to be not concerned with whatever's growing and profitable in the internet world.
Well for those of us who are already close to virtual money (Bitcoin in particular), it seems appropriate if it's more eager to earn virtual money ie bitcoin. There is no need to explain anymore I guess, Bitcoin (virtual money) has many advantages as well as many benefits that we can get from various ways that can be to do (exclude criminality) that can compete with the real money, even more easier to gain many profits without must go out from house.

harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:42:35 PM

Ofcourse the legal bitcoin. Legal bitcoin gives you assurance that your investment is in the good hands and free from hackers. Aside from that it is better to do since they have authority by the government to operate.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:50:38 AM

Bitcoin is legal to the person who uses it for good things in right way, it will be illegal if it is being used in illegal transactions such as buying any prohibited things in the dark web and deepweb, that's why there's so many people who get busted by FBI, and also a reason why sometimes bitcoin's identity is ruin.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:38:18 AM

There are some reasons why we want it legal or illegal,for being legal we can easy encourage and spreadout bitcoin worldwide but the government imposed tax on it make a rule in bitcoin.And it depends in the user if he used it on legal or illegal things but we dont want to happen that in bitcoin to be in dirty hands.We always want in legal so no matter what happen we just follow the rule for our safety.
rasl.curt

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:14:16 PM

Bitcoin is legal along with other cryptocurrencies. They are just unregulated/decentralized and free from government/banking control and intervention. The only time it can become illegal is when people attempt to use it for illicit behaviours. For the most part though, the government is happy with the tax benefits they gain of off people when they cash out and pay standard trading/investment taxes.
Domenc

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

Ofcourse the legal bitcoin. Legal bitcoin gives you assurance that your investment is in the good hands and free from hackers. Aside from that it is better to do since they have authority by the government to operate.

The issue of legality depends upon how we use a currency, if we use for transactions among other users there is no illegal stuff but if we buy drugs and practice activities that are illegal and can cause harm to other then it may be treated as illegal. But, why to blame Bitcoin alone for any illegal activities as there are many more currencies out there which are also used for illegal activities. Just because of some users are using Bitcoin in the illegal activities one cannot state whole crypto currency as illegal.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:31:08 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 08:59:48 AM by MCVXYZ

According to legal doctrine Everything which is not forbidden is allowed,this means that we can do everything within the law. it is an opportunity to do  anything that does not harm others and goverment.so we can organize  our bitcoins within good faith.In my opinion,In a tax case, it can be arranged based on general norms if legislative body has no special norms about it,because its a kind of  private law relations.but its also expensive  and hard to control transactions in this situation,so such issues depend on  the political will of the state and its depend on where do you live.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:13:20 AM

As what I see and I know, the company of bitcoin is a legal entity which has a power and right to operate supported by the authorization of the government and law. All requirements needed to have authorization has been complied by the bitcoin to have juridical personality.
fuding12

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:37:54 PM

I see the legality of bitcoin is still "unclear", because today, many policymakers in the world know about digital currencies like Bitcoin, but many of them have not made laws or legal rules about digital currencies because of the complexity of digital currencies such as This bitcoin.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:51:08 PM

The issue of legality depends upon how we use a currency, if we use for transactions among other users there is no illegal stuff but if we buy drugs and practice activities that are illegal and can cause harm to other then it may be treated as illegal. But, why to blame Bitcoin alone for any illegal activities as there are many more currencies out there which are also used for illegal activities. Just because of some users are using Bitcoin in the illegal activities one cannot state whole crypto currency as illegal.
The main reason why? Because it is really be hard to be tracked when transaction are being made on bitcoin form unlike on fiat which government can really possible to trace up which cant really be done on bitcoin itself.This is why they do really prohibit on using or even adopting it because they know the risk but not only that regarding criminality but also on taxation.Adoption would really be decided on a certain place depending on how they would see it and bitcoin do really have positive and negative side it depends on which thing they would really consider.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:48:51 PM

Anything is legal to the extent that government allows it. In some states in the United States today, marijuana is legal which is not so several years ago but because government said it is, it is then legal. I would prefer a legal bitcoin but that would be at the mercy of the same government backed institutions and economy that bitcoin seeks to provide an alternative to. It would be a great relief if that came into effect really as the freedom to declare will be more clearer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: