Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OCL] Oceanlab: The nextgen Crypto lab. ICO Ended.  (Read 56631 times)
penoze
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003

https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:59:16 AM

New weekly update from Spearis
Copied message from slack

Hi everyone, here's the weekly.

Last week was an important one for Oceanlab, not only for our meetings regarding regulations but also for other meetings and new partners who are now leading us to our next step in the Oceanlab's odyssey.
Oceanlab is coming closer to the project I imagined at first, one of our aim was to become ambassadors of the blockchain in general and especially for Waves platform in Europe. We're currently spreading the word and explaining how the Waves ecosystem works.
We've got important institutional meetings as well as business ones planned in the next few months, we can't express ourselves about the people involved but it is, simply put, huge. We're reaching an audience in Belgium and Luxemburg and we're currently working at creating an official and legal structure around our project. This, with the help of the new partners, has become a possibility.

We've been active since september 2017, 4 months where I worked mainly on creating the post prototype core engine on the new infrastructure. This was (and remains) a very hard work, especially for one person. The great evolution of the Waves platform had to be taken into consideration and almost everything changed at least twice to use the new blockchain features and improve performance. While I'm working on the backend, the whole team works on related projects, we're all making the best out of the time we can spend on every Oceanlab's components. We now have a better view of the unique project we're launching and how it translates in term of infrastructure and development. Managing several blockchains with our engine requires a large amount of processing power and takes a lot of time to develop.
I'm happy to announce that the current partnership will probably allow me to focus 100% of my work time to Oceanlab and benefit from more human resources to help me in my task. That means quicker deployment and efficiency for our services involving the OCL token.
But we're not there yet, we have the very first meeting with our partners on thursday to redefine our main focus and our business model.
There will be some additions to our whitepaper to give more details about the new possibilities, how we plan to achieve them and what they will bring to the platform.
I've talked lately about a fork of the Waves blockchain, this is a little too early to confirm anything as we're analyzing all the ways we can take to achieve our technical goals. There might be a fork (sidechain), there might be a brand new blockchain based on another one, or something else. In any case, we'll ensure the blockchain security by having our own PoStake/PoWork/PoStorage system (as it has been asked). Waves will benefit from any of these options because we want Waves to be at the center of all our services, transactions will have to be made on the Waves platform to use them. And it will provide the Waves platform with several unique features, making it even more complete than it is right now. This is also the aim of our technical gateways which will have a very important role in everything we have planned in the long term.
We thank you for your support since the very beginning, we couldn't imagine it could go so far, so fast. As I said in one of my latest tweets: You don't realize the potential of what you've built until you meet the right people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

In the initial post of ANN says that the project will be listed on other exchanges as soon as the token is released, and when will it be released?
penoze
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:06:51 AM

New weekly update from Spearis
Copied message from slack

Hi everyone, here's the weekly.

Last week was an important one for Oceanlab, not only for our meetings regarding regulations but also for other meetings and new partners who are now leading us to our next step in the Oceanlab's odyssey.
Oceanlab is coming closer to the project I imagined at first, one of our aim was to become ambassadors of the blockchain in general and especially for Waves platform in Europe. We're currently spreading the word and explaining how the Waves ecosystem works.
We've got important institutional meetings as well as business ones planned in the next few months, we can't express ourselves about the people involved but it is, simply put, huge. We're reaching an audience in Belgium and Luxemburg and we're currently working at creating an official and legal structure around our project. This, with the help of the new partners, has become a possibility.

We've been active since september 2017, 4 months where I worked mainly on creating the post prototype core engine on the new infrastructure. This was (and remains) a very hard work, especially for one person. The great evolution of the Waves platform had to be taken into consideration and almost everything changed at least twice to use the new blockchain features and improve performance. While I'm working on the backend, the whole team works on related projects, we're all making the best out of the time we can spend on every Oceanlab's components. We now have a better view of the unique project we're launching and how it translates in term of infrastructure and development. Managing several blockchains with our engine requires a large amount of processing power and takes a lot of time to develop.
I'm happy to announce that the current partnership will probably allow me to focus 100% of my work time to Oceanlab and benefit from more human resources to help me in my task. That means quicker deployment and efficiency for our services involving the OCL token.
But we're not there yet, we have the very first meeting with our partners on thursday to redefine our main focus and our business model.
There will be some additions to our whitepaper to give more details about the new possibilities, how we plan to achieve them and what they will bring to the platform.
I've talked lately about a fork of the Waves blockchain, this is a little too early to confirm anything as we're analyzing all the ways we can take to achieve our technical goals. There might be a fork (sidechain), there might be a brand new blockchain based on another one, or something else. In any case, we'll ensure the blockchain security by having our own PoStake/PoWork/PoStorage system (as it has been asked). Waves will benefit from any of these options because we want Waves to be at the center of all our services, transactions will have to be made on the Waves platform to use them. And it will provide the Waves platform with several unique features, making it even more complete than it is right now. This is also the aim of our technical gateways which will have a very important role in everything we have planned in the long term.
We thank you for your support since the very beginning, we couldn't imagine it could go so far, so fast. As I said in one of my latest tweets: You don't realize the potential of what you've built until you meet the right people.

Sorry i didnt understant well.
What is that fork? 
which coin will get forked ,OceanLab or the Wave coin?

They talked about an fork of waves, but things are not sure yet. Like Spearis mentioned it is too early to talk about that yet.

penoze
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:09:57 AM

In the initial post of ANN says that the project will be listed on other exchanges as soon as the token is released, and when will it be released?

Exchanges:
$OCL Oceanlab is trading on the DEX
Other exchanges are being contacted to add it quickly after the release date

Oceanlab is listed on tidex.com . I know you mean about bittrex for example but nothing is know yet about other exchange listings.

metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

OCL is also trading within the Waves Lite App that you can install in Windows. Waves has a built-in DEX where you can trade
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:23:39 PM

Good luck guys!
I haven't decided yet if I invest. Need to wait a bit to see investors reaction.

I invested long time ago and had to sell. Couple of weeks ago I bought it again and planning to keep for a long term.
Hope they will work on the project full time(as far as I know they have full time jobs) and at that time things can be faster.

Co1n

Activity: 364
Merit: 440

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:28:43 PM

Hello,

Just to share also here on btctalk the special weekly update from oceanlabs.

https://twitter.com/oceanlab_eu/status/947953777532919808

Hey guys, nice to see RADS as one of your areas for development!
Please let me know where I can find more info with your thoughts about RADS implementation in OCL project?

Anyway wish you good luck with your Roadmap 2018!
penoze
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:30:13 AM

UPDATE

Hi everyone, a delayed update but I already made one on Friday after our meeting with our new partners.
- This is hard to announce anything new development wise as most of the new features depend on an optimized dataset which is currently being generated (and taking a lot of time and temporarily added resources). We don't only want to provide users with realtime data from the Waves blockchain but also creating a template to be able to add any other blockchain to our engine easily and efficiently.
- We're also working on the infrastructure to enable blockchain additions to our engine like building blocks. These two tasks require a lot of back-end work until the end of February but there won't be any interruption and new features will still be added while we're working on them.
- This new dataset and other blockchain openness update is in relation with new projects being discussed that will be used for our products and services. They are requirements bringing improvements to our other projects as well: Better management for the faucets, better realtime and overall blockchain data management for Gravit.
- A lot of paperwork, meetings and time is still required but Oceanlab will become a part of a larger infrastructure specialized in Technology, Media and Development based in Luxemburg with projects in Belgium and France. We'll work on the blockchain aspect for several projects and we'll also be able to make a proposal to financial institutions that will greatly help legal and effortless mass adoption of cryptocurrencies in Europe. More details as soon as we're allowed to provide them.
- A few technical decisions have also been made about the sidechain we're working on. Users were concerned about the lack of direct reward to OCL tokens holders (even if it involves a lot of indirect rewards afterwards). The new blockchain will count 150 000 000 units, 100 000 000 will be distributed to Waves holders 1:1 and the remaining 50 000 000 to all the OCL holders as well. Both Waves and Oceanlab will benefit from it.
- On February 4th, there will be the first real pool distribution to OCL holders, the script is ready and has run successfully in simulation mode a few times. We'll use the Waves platform NG feature conservatively to spare the nodes (they are currently suffering when an airdrop is made, this will change with the next version).

See you next week!

lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:10:57 AM

UPDATE

Hi everyone, a delayed update but I already made one on Friday after our meeting with our new partners.
- This is hard to announce anything new development wise as most of the new features depend on an optimized dataset which is currently being generated (and taking a lot of time and temporarily added resources). We don't only want to provide users with realtime data from the Waves blockchain but also creating a template to be able to add any other blockchain to our engine easily and efficiently.
- We're also working on the infrastructure to enable blockchain additions to our engine like building blocks. These two tasks require a lot of back-end work until the end of February but there won't be any interruption and new features will still be added while we're working on them.
- This new dataset and other blockchain openness update is in relation with new projects being discussed that will be used for our products and services. They are requirements bringing improvements to our other projects as well: Better management for the faucets, better realtime and overall blockchain data management for Gravit.
- A lot of paperwork, meetings and time is still required but Oceanlab will become a part of a larger infrastructure specialized in Technology, Media and Development based in Luxemburg with projects in Belgium and France. We'll work on the blockchain aspect for several projects and we'll also be able to make a proposal to financial institutions that will greatly help legal and effortless mass adoption of cryptocurrencies in Europe. More details as soon as we're allowed to provide them.
- A few technical decisions have also been made about the sidechain we're working on. Users were concerned about the lack of direct reward to OCL tokens holders (even if it involves a lot of indirect rewards afterwards). The new blockchain will count 150 000 000 units, 100 000 000 will be distributed to Waves holders 1:1 and the remaining 50 000 000 to all the OCL holders as well. Both Waves and Oceanlab will benefit from it.
- On February 4th, there will be the first real pool distribution to OCL holders, the script is ready and has run successfully in simulation mode a few times. We'll use the Waves platform NG feature conservatively to spare the nodes (they are currently suffering when an airdrop is made, this will change with the next version).

See you next week!

Thanks for sharing!
So they chose Luxemburg for the company. Hope it'll give them enough flexibility to their operations.

penoze
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:33:29 AM

A few technical decisions have also been made about the sidechain we're working on. Users were concerned about the lack of direct reward to OCL tokens holders (even if it involves a lot of indirect rewards afterwards). The new blockchain will count 150 000 000 units, 100 000 000 will be distributed to Waves holders 1:1 and the remaining 50 000 000 to all the OCL holders as well. Both Waves and Oceanlab will benefit from it.

What is this?
What coin or token is that one? the 150mill i mean
i didnt get it.
Anyone can explain please?
thanx

They create an new token which will be an fork from waves. They make 150million tokens. 100mil for wavesholders 1:1 and 50 million to OCL holders 1:1.
The function of the ocl token stays the same

penoze
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:05:37 PM
Merited by MaxiCripto (1)

what token is it?
What is its function?
Is this a fork made by the waves team or by the OceanLab team?
where can i read more about this token and its utility? Any link?
thanx

I also still don't know what the exact function is. They coming soon with an updated whitepaper, think we have then more information about the future purpose of the fork.

The fork will be done by the ocl team.

napolitan

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:03:01 PM

any updates on fork?
bitrsugr

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:50:42 PM

On Twitter it is said there was OCL holders distribution yesterday. I haven't got anything.
I would like to know:

1. is distribution still running or has already finished?
2. is there any difference if I store my OCLs on Waves Platform or in Waveswallet?
3. is there only one token distributed or more? Which are they?

tnx
bitrsugr

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:09:23 AM

I got them all. It is a bunch of tokens with value of 0,2 usd for 20k ocl.

I hope it gets better.
Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:35:31 AM

To clarify the distribution: Assets have been chosen in december in relation to the existence of a market or utility value. Things may have changed in one month and a half and some of them are not as valuable or some projects have now been abandoned.

We also understand that people expect more from that kind of distribution. I want to reassure you as we're 5 months old with a project needing a lot of background work before being operational. We're now also one to two month from being able to provide our first rewarding products(for ourselves and for the pool), not counting the current development with partners which could be a total game changer.

Next payout will occur on the 4th of April, we'll ensure the payout is worth it, we'll analyze the tokens obtained to provide less noise and more value. We'll also find a way to provide some bonus to the pool if our own expectations are not met.

The final technical issue has been fixed. I don't want to hide from it, it was a really tricky one which has been haunting our scripts and reliability for two months, adapting our commonly used tech to a brand new kind of blockchain is an experiment. This is also a total gamechanger as we now have all the answers to our complex equation and we'll be able to provide an even better user experience.

While I'm here, let's continue with weekly announcements: A partnership is on the way to provide you with better information and data on the Gravit website, as soon as we have reached an agreement you'll see them implemented in your favorite website.

The next few weeks will also be more about content and less development, especially regarding assets, new real and "fake" flags, more social network and website information, ... More information will also be available on wavesdrop where a lot of "fake" assets are distributed. We still want it to be a completely open service, we won't ban the fake assets but we'll warn users about their worth.

The first Wavesdrop game is being developed right now, it's rather simple but very fun. We'll probably be able to release it in one month but we'd like to have our proper monetization system (dynamic ads and information system) available first. So, expect two months :wink:

One month earlier, I announced that we were closing fountainperpetua. This was needed as we couldn't deal with both the development of our main engine, the data gathering and the distribution scripts (which was bugged by the very same problem we had for our pool distribution. We'll see how things evolve but I thought we would have a large departure from it and yet, it remained with more than 4 million Waves leased. We're still thinking about it but we'll soon have the needed data and a fully functional script to provide a reliable leasing node experience. First thing we'll do is correcting previous distributions to be back with a clean slate.

Things take time when you're a pionneer working on a misunderstood technology on a blockchain that has not yet the recognition it deserves.

I've been dedicated to the platform as a developer for nearly one year now and even with all the difficulties encountered, I'm more motivated than ever. And the work of the awesome team is also taking shape as you'll see soon enough.

To clarify the distribution: Assets have been chosen in december in relation to the existence of a market or utility value. Things may have changed in one month and a half and some of them are not as valuable or some projects have now been abandoned.

We also understand that people expect more from that kind of distribution. I want to reassure you as we're 5 months old with a project needing a lot of background work before being operational. We're now also one to two month from being able to provide our first rewarding products(for ourselves and for the pool), not counting the current development with partners which could be a total game changer.

Next payout will occur on the 4th of April, we'll ensure the payout is worth it, we'll analyze the tokens obtained to provide less noise and more value. We'll also find a way to provide some bonus to the pool if our own expectations are not met.

The final technical issue has been fixed. I don't want to hide from it, it was a really tricky one which has been haunting our scripts and reliability for two months, adapting our commonly used tech to a brand new kind of blockchain is an experiment. This is also a total gamechanger as we now have all the answers to our complex equation and we'll be able to provide an even better user experience.

While I'm here, let's continue with weekly announcements: A partnership is on the way to provide you with better information and data on the Gravit website, as soon as we have reached an agreement you'll see them implemented in your favorite website.

The next few weeks will also be more about content and less development, especially regarding assets, new real and "fake" flags, more social network and website information, ... More information will also be available on wavesdrop where a lot of "fake" assets are distributed. We still want it to be a completely open service, we won't ban the fake assets but we'll warn users about their worth.

The first Wavesdrop game is being developed right now, it's rather simple but very fun. We'll probably be able to release it in one month but we'd like to have our proper monetization system (dynamic ads and information system) available first. So, expect two months :wink:

One month earlier, I announced that we were closing fountainperpetua. This was needed as we couldn't deal with both the development of our main engine, the data gathering and the distribution scripts (which was bugged by the very same problem we had for our pool distribution. We'll see how things evolve but I thought we would have a large departure from it and yet, it remained with more than 4 million Waves leased. We're still thinking about it but we'll soon have the needed data and a fully functional script to provide a reliable leasing node experience. First thing we'll do is correcting previous distributions to be back with a clean slate.

Things take time when you're a pionneer working on a misunderstood technology on a blockchain that has not yet the recognition it deserves.

I've been dedicated to the platform as a developer for nearly one year now and even with all the difficulties encountered, I'm more motivated than ever. And the work of the awesome team is also taking shape as you'll see soon enough.

https://www.facebook.com/oceanlab.eu/photos/a.1299177000204836.1073741828.1292878114168058/1463578853764649/?type=3&theater
mymerlia

Activity: 633
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:22:48 PM

why was not 1: 1 token distribution as promised ?

❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰❰ ♦ SIMDAQ ♦ ❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱
Learn how to trade profitable!
 Instagram ▼▲       Medium ▼▲      Telegram ▼▲    Facebook  ▼▲      Twitter ▼▲
sweetstakes

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

It still is 1:1 for ocl. There are 50 million OCL tokens total.

100mil for wavesholders 1:1 and 50 million to OCL holders 1:1
penoze
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:04:45 AM

They mentioned that it should be 1:1 to OCL holders and 1:1 to wavesholders

metallicelmo

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:05:39 PM

They mentioned that it should be 1:1 to OCL holders and 1:1 to wavesholders
So when should they have sent it? I hold both Waves and OCL, never saw any airdop or something like that
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

I can smell money $OCL will moon soon  Cool

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: