Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WANTED] Wallet developer(s)  (Read 1091 times)
ffssixtynine (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:00:03 PM

I'm looking for developers interested in creating new wallet software, initially for PC/Mac, and possibly for mobile and browser.

This project is for those interested in making a Bitcoin wallet more friendly to use for non tech users, whilst retaining a decent level of security.

I'm looking for one or more engineers who fully understand the technology, the core aim, and who could be part of a start-up if it became appropriate. Distributed development is expected and spare-time dev is no problem at this point. The project is at the concept stage only - I will only move it forwards with the right partners.

My background is game development and I work on Eufloria; I also have a small game related Bitcoin project due out shortly. My interest is on user-centric approaches.

Requirements: Good English and communication skills, solid engineering background in relevant languages/platforms, passionate about the concept, security aware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lixiaolai
a friend of time
VIP

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:08:33 AM

I'm looking for developers interested in creating new wallet software, initially for PC/Mac, and possibly for mobile and browser.

This project is for those interested in making a Bitcoin wallet more friendly to use for non tech users, whilst retaining a decent level of security.

I'm looking for one or more engineers who fully understand the technology, the core aim, and who could be part of a start-up if it became appropriate. Distributed development is expected and spare-time dev is no problem at this point. The project is at the concept stage only - I will only move it forwards with the right partners.

My background is game development and I work on Eufloria; I also have a small game related Bitcoin project due out shortly. My interest is on user-centric approaches.

Requirements: Good English and communication skills, solid engineering background in relevant languages/platforms, passionate about the concept, security aware.

support you!

inblockchain.com
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:12:36 AM

I'm probably a good fit for most of your requirements.  I'm not certain about "relevant languages/platforms" since you haven't really specified which languages you're planning on using, and you tossed in just about every platform.

I'd only be available for spare-time development at the moment, and I'd need a lot more details before I could decide i I really want to participate in your program, but what you've stated so far is intriguing.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:57:44 PM

I'm interested
But do YOU understand the technology?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Jaxkr

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:26:21 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 09:39:38 PM by Jaxkr

I also would like to help with whatever I can. I'm not good at the C languages, so I wouldn't be helpful for a native app.
However, I live and breathe web. I am familiar with the Bitcoin RPC commands, and am not bad at Python and PHP.

Also, have you seen Electrum? It's extremely noob friendly and fast.
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:13:13 AM

Not to totally hijack this thread; but can you wallet developers give me a quick answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while please?

Is there any way to store USD in software?

When ACHs and wire transfers send USD to somewhere like OKPay, is the thing transmitted capturable and therefore something that can be exchanged? Or is it just an electronic IOU?

Thanks

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
ffssixtynine (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:14:05 AM

Thanks all - just launched The Bitcoin Bundle so bear with me for a short while!
ffssixtynine (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:25:59 PM

To answer a few Q's:

Do I understand the technology: Nowhere near as much as I would need to, which is a good reason why I'd need to involve experts even if I did have more engineering time on my hands. I'm not approaching this from an engineering point of view but someone certainly would need to.

Electrum: Aspects of it are noob friendly but that's still underneath, not on top. The user experience is important.

Languages/platforms: I develop for multiple platforms all the time but was deliberately non-specific. There are good reasons why an engineer chooses a language or dev platform, and it's not for me to say which way to do it. That's a joint engineering discussion. I can think of several pros and cons, some not technical in nature.

Generally speaking, PC/Mac/Linux go in one box, Android and iOS in another, and web in a third. They can overlap in some core tech or they could mostly be C#, C++, Python, or HTML5, and so on. Not that I'm saying any of those are applicable here.

drazvan

Activity: 191

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 11:55:49 PM

Have a look at VisualBTC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210371.0 . I've designed it as a "secure offline wallet for grandmas" (and I've already received questions from power users, like "where the menu? where are the settings?" Smiley ). The idea is to keep it simple and secure and get rid of the requirement of having any kind of software (other than a web browser) on your computer. You can't expect users to keep their computer secure, but if you give them a hardware wallet that has no Internet connection and only comes with the wallet application (and possibly Angry Birds to keep them occupied when they're not paying bills Smiley ), they can safely send and receive money using just their browser and a webcam.

Send me a quick message if you think we could develop this further, I'm looking for investor-type partners that could help us take this to the next step.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:15:27 AM

Let me know if your are interested in a designer, a clean UI and UX should not be overlooked. I could created you logo, work on css etc.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:44:05 PM

I'll help out with this. Give me an email: amir@unsystem.net - send me a proposal for your thoughts and ideas.

My project: http://libbitcoin.dyne.org - I also did lots of work on Electrum, reworked the server and designed the lite GUI: http://electrum.org/media/litegui2.png
stick

Activity: 441
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 12:55:53 PM

I really do think we don't need another Bitcoin client but rather that we need to work on existing ones ...

drazvan

Activity: 191

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 01:07:20 PM

On the contrary, let's have as many competing wallets as possible and may the best / easiest to use one win! Let the market sort them out. Why would we want to limit the number of options for the users?
ffssixtynine (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:15:35 AM

Wallets right now are not designed for usability. Besides, there will be room for multiple wallets for all kinds of reasons. Many people here would consider security to be the top priority, quite understandably.

Personally, I rather like what I see and hear about armoury this this respect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: