Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Critique my Long Term Portfolio I'm putting together  (Read 1010 times)
ihavehemeroids (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 04:03:25 AM

Hello folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I was hoping some of you folks would chime in on my portfolio. I've tucked away 5k that I was going to use on some index funds but crypto at the moment looks very enticing. I don't plan on touching these coins for at least 3+ years. Whether my investment is decimated due to a bubble popping or it triples a year from now, ill be holding.

My portfolio:

Ethereum (ETH)-2k
Bitcoin (BTC)-1.5k
Litecoin (LTC)-300
Monero (XMR)-300
Ripple (XRP)- 200
Golem (GNT)-200

What do you guys think?  I may not be driving a lambo or vacationing to the moon with this portfolio but i'll be happy if im driving a lexus and vacationing to australia  Grin\\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tarsier79

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 06:42:17 AM

Why did you choose the bottom 3? Not because I think there is anything wrong with that, just want to know how you chose those alts?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:11:30 AM

dont like ripple or golem the rest are good.

reduce ripple and golem by 50% use the left over funds for bitbay and a outside chancer with possible huge returns.

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:22:12 AM

I don't believe this is the best time to take positions, specially on altcoins, this is the time to sell altcoins.

I believe you could make better buys for those particular altcoins if you wait some time.

Seville

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:13:58 AM

need some STRAT in it.. its the new user friendly ETH  Grin
ihavehemeroids (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:43:45 AM

dont like ripple or golem the rest are good.

reduce ripple and golem by 50% use the left over funds for bitbay and a outside chancer with possible huge returns.

Thanks for the input my friend! What do you think of DGB?
bhaveshm94

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:49:14 AM

Add some Sc (siacoin), DGB (Digibyte), Burst, ETC, START and Nxt in your portfolio, you will se very good results in next 1-2 years.
befrank

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:53:14 AM

I would think about adding Waves, Stratis, Lisk and some lbry to your Folio
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:10:24 AM

I would think about adding Waves, Stratis, Lisk and some lbry to your Folio

I second that. Good coins with slow and steady rise. I will advice against XRP, it's price is too high at the moment.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 08:38:11 AM

My bet for the next 10x up coin is SJCX soon to be named STORJ, they just got $30 million ICO, they have a working and already lunched product, similar projects already €200+ million market cap like Siacoin and MAID while SJCX just around $30 million market cap.

Plus moving from bitcoin blockchain to ethereum blockchain will enable transactions to be made smoothly.

Anyone also shares my opinion?

xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:01:53 PM

Siacoin?
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:11:55 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 11:25:35 PM by mprep

Hello folks,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I was hoping some of you folks would chime in on my portfolio. I've tucked away 5k that I was going to use on some index funds but crypto at the moment looks very enticing. I don't plan on touching these coins for at least 3+ years. Whether my investment is decimated due to a bubble popping or it triples a year from now, ill be holding.
My portfolio:
Ethereum (ETH)-2k
Bitcoin (BTC)-1.5k
Litecoin (LTC)-300
Monero (XMR)-300
Ripple (XRP)- 200
Golem (GNT)-200

What do you guys think?  I may not be driving a lambo or vacationing to the moon with this portfolio but i'll be happy if im driving a lexus and vacationing to australia  Grin\\

Looks good to me, but I'd get more XRP, particularly if you're going to be holding these long-term. ETH is the largest single part of my own portfolio, but XRP isn't too far behind.
XRP has a current, real-world use-case, and at present no real competitors for its target market. And also a very professional team.
If people say "banks will use Ripple but not XRP," then research it and you'll see why XRP will be used Smiley

I'll second that, ANS (NEO) would be a great addition. But also more XRP!
And maybe throw a bit at some lower marketcap coins. I'd go for Status, Aragon or BitBay.

But in the end everyone will just recommend the coins that they themselves hold. So best recommendation for anyone holding long-term is make sure you know as much as you can about the coins you're backing: what they're trying to achieve, likelihood of success, potential market, competitors, possible stumbling blocks, dev team, roadmap etc etc.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:45:38 PM

Like your coins except for Ripple and Golem which I sold out and took profits. I feel you need two more categories of coins to be properly diversified

A. mid cap/small cap franchise coins - this includes coins like Factom, Decred, Byteball, PIVX, Nexus, Ark with large communities and or decent technologies

B. high flyers - this is very low cap (less than $2M) highly speculative coin like 1337, LiteDoge, Linda, 808, Condensate, Sumokoin, etc. These will be very volatile and could even go to zero, but you could also pick a winner and make 30x your capital.

Essentially what you would be doing is building a venture capital portfolio of blockchain technologies just like the big venture capitalists. One more thing is we seem to be in an alt coin bear market. The excuse given is that investors are buying bitcoin, but thats just an excuse. The bubble may have been pricked.  I don't know how long it will last, but the alt coins have been going down for weeks so patience and strong commitment is needed in case the bear market lasts for a long time.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:01:52 PM

Hello folks,

My portfolio:

Ethereum (ETH)-2k
Bitcoin (BTC)-1.5k
Litecoin (LTC)-300
Monero (XMR)-300
Ripple (XRP)- 200
Golem (GNT)-200

its a fairly safe and conservative spread [if you can apply those two descriptions to crypto?]
Personally I would loose the Ripple and possibly add SIA or EOS.
But of course everyone will suggest the crypto they personally like.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████