Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Department of Homeland Security  (Read 7032 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:28:57 PM

All I would say is if you have any bitcoins or cash at MtGox; get it out now!  You can't fight the US gov, you just have to stay out of their way.

Seriously! A little country the size of New Mexico kicked the shit out of the USA for decades making USA troops withdraw in shame because a small group of highly motivated radicals back home like the people on this forum refused to bend over and take it up the ass.

I'm talking about Vietnam for those that can't figure it out.

Vietnam didn't kick the shit out of me or anyone I know. Nor did we withdraw in shame. We outfought them in every major battle and most small ones. Americans did not want to continue the fight and thus lost the will to continue supporting the South Vietnamese Government. We withheld supplies and aid And they fell to the North.  Those are the facts. I have friends who died kicking the shit out of them. Words have meaning. Please be careful you don't dishonor the memory of those who fell in battle. I fought there and so did many others in this forum. While Vietnam fell those who died fought for freedom, human dignity and for their loved ones back home. These ideas were worth dying for then and there are Americans and others dying thruout the world for those same ideals now.

Wow that took a long time. I was wondering if their we're any other old Vietnam vets on this forum. The Vietnam police action was a complete waste of human life and resources. I just see Vietnam as Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara's decision to kill a bunch of people in the jungle because the French couldn't. We didn't even get cheaper oil prices for that one. Intelligent citizens back home fought in the streets to stop that "police action."

I lost lots of friends and had wounded family because of Vietnam and I'm here to tell you we weren't fighting for freedom. We were doing the same thing 'Merica does today - sticks their nose in other countries business. Thank GOD there were strong young people marching in the streets back home that put enough pressure on government to stop it or we would probably have escalated it to nuclear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

All I would say is if you have any bitcoins or cash at MtGox; get it out now!  You can't fight the US gov, you just have to stay out of their way.

Seriously! A little country the size of New Mexico kicked the shit out of the USA for decades making USA troops withdraw in shame because a small group of highly motivated radicals back home like the people on this forum refused to bend over and take it up the ass.

Vietnam didn't kick the shit out of me or anyone I know. Nor did we withdraw in shame. We outfought them in every major battle and most small ones. Americans did not want to continue the fight and thus lost the will to continue supporting the South Vietnamese Government. We withheld supplies and aid And they fell to the North.  Those are the facts. I have friends who died kicking the shit out of them. Words have meaning. Please be careful you don't dishonor the memory of those who fell in battle. I fought there and so did many others in this forum. While Vietnam fell those who died fought for freedom, human dignity and for their loved ones back home. These ideas were worth dying for then and there are Americans and others dying thruout the world for those same ideals now.

Totally off-topic but...

I feel bad that you had to go over there.  I feel bad for your friends and family.  But why did you go over there?  I wasn't around back then, but were the Vietnamese attacking people in the USA?  When you talk about people dying for ideas, I really do believe that you were brainwashed at the time.  No offense.  Thanks for your "service."
Jnitngle

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:42:12 PM

Wow that took a long time. I was wondering if their we're any other old Vietnam vets on this forum. The Vietnam police action was a complete waste of human life and resources. I just see Vietnam as Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara's decision to kill a bunch of people in the jungle because the French couldn't. We didn't even get cheaper oil prices for that one. Intelligent citizens back home fought in the streets to stop that "police action."

I lost lots of friends and had wounded family because of Vietnam and I'm here to tell you we weren't fighting for freedom. We were doing the same thing 'Merica does today - sticks their nose in other countries business. Thank GOD there were strong young people marching in the streets back home that put enough pressure on government to stop it or we would probably have escalated it to nuclear.
I know what I was fighting for and I know what my friends were fighting for. I don't know who you are taking about when you use the word "we" but your not referring to me or any other person I knew there. I don't care about the French or MacNamara. If it makes you happy to spit on the memory of those who died I can't stop you. This is the last I will post about this.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:18:48 AM

I know what I was fighting for and I know what my friends were fighting for. I don't know who you are taking about when you use the word "we" but your not referring to me or any other person I knew there. I don't care about the French or MacNamara. If it makes you happy to spit on the memory of those who died I can't stop you. This is the last I will post about this.

I appreciate that you supported your country and thank you for it. I just think there comes a time to stand up against any country that makes people of another color sit in the back of the bus or gives guns to children and gets them killed needlessly. But I do respect the individuals effort. Good day

Chaoskampf (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

order in numbers

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:39:12 AM

Don't really want to get involved here, but I'd just like to add that our homeland security was left worse off because of the intervention in Vietnam. (wanted to tie it to back to the original topic in some way, if only superficially)

I do respect the sacrifice of fallen soldiers, though. They gave their lives in the service of something greater than themselves, and that is truly admirable. That doesn't change the fact that the politics surrounding Vietnam were misleading, exploitative, and imperialistic in nature.

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:43:06 AM

LOL i doubt some members here are actually Vietnam vet...

I'm not stupid  Roll Eyes

If you want to understand Vietnam War, there are many books (even recently published intel about the war). Go nuts. And stay off this forums.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:31:18 AM

If you want to understand Vietnam War, there are many books (even recently published intel about the war). Go nuts. And stay off this forums.

No, I won't stop for you. If the OP wants me to I will but this thread is about DHS and standing up against a government that finds oppression appealing. The Occupy movement marched in the street passively just like the protests I remember from my youth. DHS is militarizing a financial war that they know can circumvent government control. Comparing that civil disobedience to those of the past is more than relevant it's necessary for the sake of perspective. People need to know that they can win!

BTW: I do believe he fought for his country. So did I and it embarrasses me.

BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:47:25 AM

You're mistaken.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:39:28 PM

+1

You speak the truth brother, you, we, have always been able to hold our heads up high.
dmartig

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

the real patriots of the vietnam era were myself and those like me who marched in the streets to end a STUPID imperialist war against a country that posed absolutely no threat to us. many who went to vietnam were drafted. given the choice they would not have gone. the more things change the more they stay the same. there are still those who believe government propaganda and join the military to go spread democracy at the end of a gun (or drone). good for them. they are not heroes any more than those of any other imperialist war. if we are invaded that is another story.

btw we were there for over 10 years and lost over 50k men, and seriously wounded and mentally damaged untold others. war is stupid and the biggest waste of resources ever devised. i would hope that those on this forum are more intelligent and spiritually advanced enough to recognize that fact.

the first step to freedom is recognizing that the government is not your friend but your enemy, the next step is opting out of the corporate/fascist system. the first step to do that is to create OUR own monetary system. that is exactly what bitcoin is doing. why should governments and banksters be the only ones to create money out of thin air?

you want to fight a war? invest in bitcoins.

BTC Books

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:24:46 PM

the real patriots of the vietnam era were myself and those like me who marched in the streets to end a STUPID imperialist war against a country that posed absolutely no threat to us. many who went to vietnam were drafted. given the choice they would not have gone. the more things change the more they stay the same. there are still those who believe government propaganda and join the military to go spread democracy at the end of a gun (or drone). good for them. they are not heroes any more than those of any other imperialist war. if we are invaded that is another story.

btw we were there for over 10 years and lost over 50k men, and seriously wounded and mentally damaged untold others. war is stupid and the biggest waste of resources ever devised. i would hope that those on this forum are more intelligent and spiritually advanced enough to recognize that fact.

the first step to freedom is recognizing that the government is not your friend but your enemy, the next step is opting out of the corporate/fascist system. the first step to do that is to create OUR own monetary system. that is exactly what bitcoin is doing. why should governments and banksters be the only ones to create money out of thin air?

I did both.  What does that make me?

All three now, counting the bitcoin war...

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:30:17 PM

war is stupid and the biggest waste of resources ever devised. i would hope that those on this forum are more intelligent and spiritually advanced enough to recognize that fact.
Even this statement downplays the truth to the point of being inaccurate.

War is mass murder.

We're taught to pretend that there's more to it because the people involved wear costumes, but the clothes that someone is wearing when they murder another person do not change the nature of what is happening.
Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:33:07 PM

So I guess this turned into the Vietnam War thread. Funny how the internet works....

BTC Books

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:01:54 PM

So I guess this turned into the Vietnam War thread. Funny how the internet works....

What?  You were expecting a thread to stay on the rails?   Huh Huh Huh

Oh... wait... I see - it was your thread.  Heh.  Dream on...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:09:13 PM

Still on topic as far as I can tell:

This is not a time for merely accepting government action as it is handed out. We can not let these shameless impingements on our basic rights be applied without resistance. Why do they expect us to sit behind our computer screens and merely act in reactionary clicks and types as our freedoms are legislated away from us? Because that's been the precedent that we have set.
Chaoskampf (OP)

order in numbers

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:31:39 PM

Still on topic as far as I can tell:

This is not a time for merely accepting government action as it is handed out. We can not let these shameless impingements on our basic rights be applied without resistance. Why do they expect us to sit behind our computer screens and merely act in reactionary clicks and types as our freedoms are legislated away from us? Because that's been the precedent that we have set.

touché

maz

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

The US government can be far reaching when it want's to be. Take anti-piracy for example, many torrent websites based in countries thousands of miles outside USA's jurisdiction have been shutdown and dealt with through political arm-bending.

They can manipulate countries on a political level that could really effect a proper network of exchanges from flourishing. All they need is some good old fashioned propaganda, bit-coin the black market currency.....something which silk road and the likes will only ever encourage.

Once that name sticks, it will be hard to rub off, this would be my biggest fear.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:00:22 PM

+1 You can't rationalize imperialistic murder by saying, hey I was drafted I'm a hero. It doesn't work that way. The human animal is capable of logic and reason. If my country asks me to hurt someone for no good reason I will say no. It's better to die in prison standing up for what you believe.

The financial systems worldwide are drafting citizens into a system of corruption and deceit. The USA is willing to pressure other countries with their military might to keep control of their citizens and closing any gap that allows them to avoid tariffs and taxes. They are currently using a campaign of lies to rally support for this war just as they have in the past. The security of the "homeland" mein führer if not being effected by the use of Bitcoin. Tell that to another drone - this one isn't listening.

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:22:36 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 04:46:31 PM by Nemesis

Ok you want to play Vietnam War debate.... Lets assume you're all Vietnam Vets,... i still sense you dont understand craps about this war so i'm gonna break down a few points for you

+ Vietnam WAS a threat. The American allies were in SouthEastAsia. The war in Vietnam was to CONTAIN the communist from spreading (mainly from Soviet Russia). Vietnam was the KEY in this political warfare
+ America was under stress of all kind of craps (human rights ...etc) while fighting against guerrilla tactics for the first time. They're judged to be brutal but what the fuck you know when a 13 kid suicide bomb you, villages are their fcking bases
+ There were conflicts in communist parties between China and Russia. Frankly Vietnam was mainly supported by Russia. America saw a opportunity to end this world and got in bed with China. Vietnam was no longer a threat as China was already stopping Soviet from spreading South
+ America retreated , turned blind eyes and let the Republic in Vietnam fall. China attacked Vietnam and spread their own political parties to Cambodia and Myanmar.

Its a shame that very few American get to learn about this war. Heck i'm not even American.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:33:33 PM

Ok you want to play Vietnam War debate.... Lets assume you're all Vietnam Vets,... i still sense you dont understand craps about this war so i'm gonna break down a few points for you

+ Vietnam WAS a threat. The American allies were in SouthEastAsia. The war in Vietnam was to CONTAIN the communist from spreading (mainly from Soviet Russia). Vietnam was the KEY in this political warfare
+ America was under stress of all kind of craps (human rights ...etc) while fighting against guerrilla tactics for the first time. They're judged to be brutal but what the fuck you know when a 13 kid suicide bomb you, villages are their fcking bases
+ There are conflicts in communist parties between China and Russia. Frankly Vietnam was mainly supported by Russia. America saw a opportunity to end this world and got in bed with China. Vietnam was no longer a threat as China was already stopping Soviet from spreading South
+ America retreated , turned blind eyes and let the Republic in Vietnam fall. China attacked Vietnam and spread their own political parties to Cambodia and Myanmar.

Its a shame that very few American get to learn about this war. Heck i'm not even American.

So whenever America fears something it should grab some guns and start killing people? You would have been a great senatorial page for Joseph McCarthy.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: