Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Crypto Investor with 30k - Deciding Between 26 Altcoins - Top 5? Bottom 5?  (Read 2894 times)
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:57:32 AM

I think you enter in crypto in a good time, last months were not a good time. Here are my advices:

1) DO NOT invest in ICO, there is about 1-2 new ICO project per day, so even if one few of them can gain you 2X, all other will not and you will lose (lot of scam).

2) 60% in BTC/ETH is ok, but don't expect a huge grow fast at this point. BTC is near is ATH and ETH is so unpredictable. In 1-2 years later they surelly can be higher than now nevertheless.

3) Your list is WAY too big. You did the right thing to read a lot, now make a decision based on YOUR feelings and choose 5. If you follow suggestion here, all you will receive is suggestion of what people hold, and what they want you to buy, in other word they promote their own bag.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:02:43 AM

ark is a sleeping giant monster which should already be a #10 or #20 at this point

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
dineshary

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:27:44 PM

SIA, LBRY, CIVIC, STATUS, BLACK COIN, SONM
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:21:26 PM

PIVX (PIVX) and MaidSafeCoin (MAID)  are to pretty solid choices .Just avoid yobit coinst and you should do fine to many pump and dumps there  Grin.ICO again  stay away from then since i say 90% of then drop in value when they hit the exchanges .Spectre coin is a nice under the radar coin with some good features still cheap .

Also a shameless plug for fupoof coin could be a option for a small fraction of it   Grin

Vilrex

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:19:41 PM

I hope you got in on time because everything is up 30%
josebcn

Activity: 394
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:43:10 PM

Waves should be in your list.

Telegram Group Crypto Gifs Channel https://t.me/Cryptogifschannel
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:47:51 PM

XRP, BLOCK, XZC, ARDR, NXT
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:30:31 AM

FootyCash (FOOT) would be the best choice besides the 26 altcoins you are considering.

1. The market has fallen slightly because of the BIP148 activation to take place on August 1st; prices are cheap now so buy before the BIP148 activation.

2. FootyCash developers are getting ready to relaunch and release a new version with Masternodes and Privacy Send like DASH and PIVX. Once that happens the price should rise dramatically.  Now would be a good time to invest and make a good short-term profit.

Other reasons to buy FootyCash:

Footy Cash (FOOT) has seen a meteoric rise in valuation for the past month; with a price increase of more than 5000%+ on multiple exchanges.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=FOOT_BTC#

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374929.0

I think the reason being is that:

1. Footy has Rarity - Only 4 million coins total can exist.  There is a small POS inflation rate - about 3% annually (for staked coins only).
How many of you can say like the Winklevoss twins - that you own whole percentages of a cryptocurrency.  
Looking the current price of FootyCash you actually might be able to!

2. Footy is the first Fantasy Sports Crypotocurrency ever made. - Footy is the Bitcoin of Fantasy Sports!

3. Fantasy Sports is a multi-billion dollar industry - with tens of billions of dollars in annual revenue just for Fantasy Football alone!  If you count all the illegal gambling the figure goes much higher - maybe hundreds of billions? (not that I am condoning illegal gambling - but it's a fact of reality that must be considered anyway).

4. Coinmarketcap list just under 900 altcoins; of those listed only a  small percentage of altcoins have a cap of less than 4 million total coin.  Every coin on coinmarketcap with a rarity of less than 7 million total coins produced are all worth more than $2.00 USD - with the exception of Dreamcoin (because of YOBIT) and FOOTY CASH (which is currently undergoing a price correction: 5000% increase in the past month alone.)

5. The coin was greatly undervalued because of unawareness of the Footy cryptocurrency and Fantasy Sports as well.  As more and more people become aware of its value the price will continue to rise. The price may go higher than $10.00 USD per coin before the end of the year!

6. FootyCash has a great developer, active development, and the best community support!

7. FootyCash has a promising roadmap and is currently developing Masternodes and Anonymous Send like DASH and PIVX for the next release.

8.  The name FootyCash may sound funny but "Footy Cash" is an actual English term (apparently):  

https://www.power100.com.au/news/local-news/81959-footy-cash-to-go-to-good-friday-appeal
     and
     http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/california-club-brothel-sues-in-footy-cash-feud/news-story/bd77f7d397a34a067342a113b5bfa5d8

9. DraftKings, FanDuel, and other Fantasy Sports companies are getting the legislative green light to operate in most U.S States and other countries as well.  

https://www.law360.com/articles/944544/draftkings-fanduel-can-focus-on-dfs-legalization-post-deal

Over the past year and a half, DraftKings and FanDuel have been able to convince state lawmakers in eight states to expressly legalize DFS, most significantly in New York as it ended lawsuits by the state attorney general.

When these companies decide to follow the trend of most corporations and switch to blockchain technology - I guarantee you that they will take a hard look at FootyCash first!

Why would Draftkings or Fanduel select FootyCash (FOOT) for customer deposits/withdrawals over conventional Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum?  Why should they use FootyCash over Bitcoin?

FootyCash (FOOT) is the first cryptocurrency designed for Fantasy Sports and there are only 4 million total coins ever; as good as those reasons are, what makes FootyCash a better choice over Bitcoin for DraftKings and Fanduel customer deposits/withdrawals are the following reasons:

FootyCash's roadmap and ongoing development will make FootyCash far better for Fantasy Sports than the other more popular coins such as Bitcoin, etc.

FootyCash will have features that are specifically designed for Fantasy Sports and gambling as a whole.

One example is an Anonymous Send feature like DASH and PIVX.  Bitcoin does not have Masternodes nor an Anonymous Send feature but FootyCash is currently developing these features.

The legality of Fantasy Sports in every country is not clear, most being ambiguous at best. Even though most U.S states are legalizing Fantasy Sports gambling there are some people who would feel more comfortable with a coin designed to protect them in the area where the law may not be clear.

Both Draftkings and Fanduel also would want a coin that can cater to the Fantasy Sports industry as a whole, with features designed for Fantasy Sports - i.e fantasy sidechains, etc...  

Bitcoin can't do that, but FootyCash can.

FootyCash (FOOT) dev just confirmed Anonymous Send feature like DASH and PIVX to be added along with masternodes in the new release of FootyCash:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374929.400

The focus right now is on creating masternodes for the coin.  They will help provide stability to the network and incentives for ownership.

We are making excellent progress, and will update the community on details for how many coins are required for a masternode, features, and other important information shortly.

Welcome to any new members of the community Grin

How many coins to avail in masternodes? What is the benifets if i buy masternodes? It looks good for me i just want to know some more info about this coin thank you dev. I wish i could buy some cheap coins until the masternodes emplimentation is release

There are a number of important features outlined below.  We will be releasing details on masternode requirements soon.  

The fantasy sports industry needs faster payment methods and anonymity to protect personal information, so these features fall right in line with our mission statement.

Features

• Anonymous Transactions
  • Improved Network Security
  • Faster transactions
  • Decentralization
  • Community voting on proposals

Are you going to use the same Anonymous Send features as DASH or PIVX?

Yes.  What we are working on for the masternodes will have an anonymous transaction like PIVX and DASH.  Still testing things, and will keep the community updated.  Hope to have something ready in the next week.

THE KING OF COINS
AxelOrm

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 01:05:42 AM

I'm surprised no one mentions EOS.
I have a solid portion of that in my portfolio.
CryptoPro3

Activity: 182

Money loves speed

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:58:51 AM

I think this is a strong list of coins, here are the top 5:

1) Status (SNT) $0.055677
2) Stratis (STRAT) $5.06
3) NEO (ANS) $7.29
4) Steem (STEEM) $1.20
5) GameCredits (GAME) $1.99

Honorable Mention:

6) LBRY Credits (LBC) $0.424406
7) Siacoin (SC) $0.008091

I will not list the bottom 5 because they are all solid coins. However, I would suggest looking into SHIFT also...

▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬WAVES▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
THE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEED
▩▬ DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE ▬▩
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:22:10 AM

My choice of top 5 from your list

1) Siacoin (SC) $0.008091
4) NEM (XEM) $0.165084
13) NEO (ANS) $7.29
21) Golem (GNT) $0.235156
24) DigiByte (DGB) $0.016340

Good luck

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

glynbueso

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:17:42 AM

Well, 30k is a lot of money to invest in coins. It´s a good decision to invest a good % in bitcoins to keep your money and get some profit. I can recommend you to invest in waves too, very good coin.
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:31:11 PM

well I got my favourites on the bottom but to highlite some points

Blocknet one of a kind, first one to connect blockhains in this way. It functions like a router for blockchains. Best tech for decentralized exchange (trading from your wallet) and multiple other things ( I own waves also but blocknets tech is imo superior) waves is further in development though but collered coin approach isnt as decentralized as this allthough I believe waves also has lots of room to grow.

Maidsafe has the biggest upside potential by far imo its like everthing in 1, imutable data storrage, browsing and webhosting , building dapps, private instant free transactions, literally everything is possible on the network once its completed. Its the most ambitious project out there although most people dont folow it anymore since its taking many years to develop and lots of people dont understand to progress they make but alpha 2 is to be released in the coming weeks.

neo (antshares old name) smart contract in all program languages. they have a good team and vision. the tech is written from scretch still lots of upside to this coin

factom is one of the few with real world use, that solve a already existing problem and haa already other companies using the tech. homeland security is ging to use the tech also. Factom feels the same for me as ripple in terms of real word use and potential upside.

decred is see as the ultimate coin. written from scratch in GO. Real governace, hardfork voting so it can do a hardfork without creating 2 coins so big improvemts can be made all choosen by the comunity. Funding from blockhain. Smart contract possibilities already in the code lots of things in the pipeline like lightning network and anon features and many more. Devs are solid they are the old btcsuite devs.
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:44:28 PM

I suggest that you should do your homework very well. In other hands, look into some good ICOs, I will recommed only one ongoing ICO with masternode for you www.obsidianplatform.com

I had 9k and I splitted it in buying 13 alts with good potential of hitting high in market (it took me 4 months of buying). If you ask me, I would tell you it is a good investment than investing in coins that are already pumped to high heaven waiting for a parachute to land.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:53:04 PM

I'm surprised no one mentions EOS.
I have a solid portion of that in my portfolio.

I would prefer holding a bunch of Tezos than EOS....

I am not a big fan of ERC20 tokens

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:56:47 PM

These are from the list you provided, none of what you wrote here would be in my personal top 5.

Top 5 :
-IOTA (because of hype)
-Stratis
-Civic
-Siacoin (because of ASIC)
-Lisk

Bottom 5 :

-NEO (because of hype)
-NEM (never understood what it is)
-Ripple (bank shit)
-DigiByte ( do not what it is)
-Iconomi (is that even an use ?)
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:08:29 PM

My favs from your list are BAT, CVC, STEEM, GAME, SC because they have a more tangible use in the real world as opposed to a virtual currency that isn't accepted anywhere yet. Bitcoin and maybe Litecoin will be the currencies used for transactions, the rest of the currencies are marginally useful at best.

Vilrex

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:10:16 PM

I hope you bought ark
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:48:25 PM

PIVX (PIVX) and MaidSafeCoin (MAID)  are to pretty solid choices .Just avoid yobit coinst and you should do fine to many pump and dumps there  Grin.ICO again  stay away from then since i say 90% of then drop in value when they hit the exchanges .Spectre coin is a nice under the radar coin with some good features still cheap .

Also a shameless plug for fupoof coin could be a option for a small fraction of it   Grin

People say Monero is the best ANNON coin
but in reality it is SPECTRE

"All for Monero, but less so subsequent to the Spectre update. At the end of the day, ask 2 questions:

1. What can Spectre do which Monero cannot?
- POSv3 Staking Rewards and full supply is in circulation.
- OBFS4 security layer.
- Encrypted Chat

2. What can Monero do which Spectre Cannot?
- Mine/POW"

Just facts here. No bias."  (c) sirsplashalot

If you still don't believe checkout the comparison pic
http://SBinfo.ru/1502705496
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:15:30 PM

As with any investment decision, the devil is in the detail. You are mentioning medium to long term ... what is medium / long for you, how much risk are you willing to take and what type of risk are you willing to take?

If you can take a little more risk, I suggest you look at some of the lesser known names which have unique technical specifications, which are not easily replicable and fulfil a fundamental need. Ideally it should be a coin which has proven feasibility, but did not surface yet into the limelight of the crypto-stage.

There are a couple of those around, one of which, XSPEC / SpectreCoin,  seems to be a hidden gem. It has unique privacy and anonymity features (TOR, OBSF4, Ring Signatures, Zero Proof Knowledge) beyond what other security focused coins can offer. It is thus appealing to everyone who does value internet freedom, in all its shapes and forms. It also uses the newest Proof-of-Stake model (v3), which means it is appealing to environmentally conscious people, or those with limited equipment. Aside from this, they are working on an Android Wallet and a remittance system which will mimic the Hawalla form of remittances (particularly prevalent in rural, unbanked areas and used by millions of people). And lastly, given that they have so far focused on getting the technology right, but have not yet kicked off a broad marketing campaign, they are massively undervalued.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: