Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people feel so ofended by everything nowadays?  (Read 1709 times)
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:30:18 PM

I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink

I think it's because people are becoming sensitive, short tempered and narrow minded nowadays. Well, maybe it's one of the effect of technology and social media. People are becoming lazy, they get easily mad whenever they get bothered. Because of social media people tend to criticize and judge things that are not within their scope.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bikihabana

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

It's Me bikihabana

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:31:18 PM

Inherently discriminatory belief systems will inevitably lead to discriminatory behavior (reactions). To help myself with overcoming being [over] sensible, I keep on asking whether it keeps on making sense in a logical way or not, if I were to momentarily try (and succeed) to put aside the belief I foster about the issue being discussed. This of course, is a task not easily accomplished, but well worth a try.  Wink

Solaris - of the Sun
Mad7Scientist

Activity: 373
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:50:32 AM

I think it's the effect of staying to much on social media. Since social media sites like facebook, twitter, etc. became famous almost all people became judgmental and triggered easily. It's just like they're over using their freedom to speak their own minds. Just like when you post something stupid, and someone would say something good or bad and even some people would even argue because of other's comment. This kind of attitude that they do on social media were sometimes carried out in the real world when their dealing with people personally.
That can be true but I think the the reverse is the bigger issue. People are more fearful and prefer not no interact in person anymore. This tendency to be fearful and offended easily is the same reason for why people create their screen interfaced virtual world and spend their time on that. Both ways are true, your idea and my idea, in my opinion.
shakeeup

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:05:24 AM

Every person needs privacy, that's why it's so insensitive of you, if you talk about someone's personal life in public. It's like that you're stripping the person in front of the crowd and it's really offending, ya know! 
shaggy404

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:12:03 AM

Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:32:58 AM

I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink
Hi OP I do agree with you. There are a lot of sensitive people as well as insensitive ones. But every joke that we make should be regulated I mean, joking someone mean offending them for some, and so when you restrict a joke it does not become very funny at all. This is just an example. Every words we say became a little bit more of an issue. Every words posted, became a negative image of the poster and considered as an insensitive people. People think too much and makes everuthing complicated nowadays.
v.dcm (OP)

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:39:57 AM

i feel so offended with your spelling...
Cheesy
ahahhahah I'm working on it
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:56:49 PM

What I find funny is that there seem to be discrimination on what can be offended. I mean, just say the word "Islam" and you'll have even LGBT people harassing you, same with "black", but when you say "white" and Christian, it seems it's OK to offend them all you want.

I'm not white nor Christian but I find it hypocritical that these supposedly warriors of social justice don't find it offensive whenever those two concepts are attacked.

LOL, hilarious. Dilbert almost always have a grain of truth into it that they manage to make funny.

Inherently discriminatory belief systems will inevitably lead to discriminatory behavior (reactions). To help myself with overcoming being [over] sensible, I keep on asking whether it keeps on making sense in a logical way or not, if I were to momentarily try (and succeed) to put aside the belief I foster about the issue being discussed. This of course, is a task not easily accomplished, but well worth a try.  Wink

Good for you. Glad you are on your way to a more mindful existence.
okinnas

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:58:20 PM

Its human nature. Perhaps what you're noticing is the fact that we now live on a planet where, compared to the past, many more people, and all types of people, have a voice.
penguinlols

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:34:45 PM

This topic should have a trigger warning  Smiley .

Society is drifting towards valuing feels over facts.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:51:47 PM

Because any fracture in the conditionning of the hive mind will compromize the all. So rather than adress the potential fault line they will react against the messanger rather than the message making the fracture or asymetry between reality and it's perception only wider and the collapse funnier:).

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:53:05 PM

Because nowadays this new generation didn´t had the discipline of the older ones Smiley

Masha Sha

Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:55:01 PM

Because nowadays this new generation didn´t had the discipline of the older ones Smiley

You should watch league of legend pro replays...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
killgald

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:03:12 PM

You should watch league of legend pro replays...
Discipline in a video game doesn´t convince me life is more than that...

galestorm

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Futurov

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:37:48 PM

I really dont know why people get so offended with just a simple statement. I guess it has something to do in today's generation. In our current time, people often judge someone by giving out their opinionated ideas on what is right and what should be done rather than just letting the victim be free of what they want to say, they act as if they know a lot and that their decisions and advices matter. People have the free will to judge someone because of their access to various medias in the internet. They express themselves more than before to the point that it becomes too much.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:59:37 PM

I agree with you.  Every post I saw on social media is about their feelings.  That they were betrayed or mistreated by someone especially with people they do not know.  Strangers that caused them to be hurt.  Those people posting the bad happenings on social media wants sympathy to other people to validate and prove that they are the right one.  I just do not vie those post made by my friends.  Actually I do not want anymore to open my fb.
CookieDude

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:25:17 PM

Western culture went soft over the years and that's thanks to the PC culture.
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:20:36 PM

Prior to everyone being on the internet, people with stupid opinions would've been quieted by their peers through a variety of social pressures.  Now everyone can anonymously indulge their idiocy and have it be reinforced by the numerous other idiots online causing it to multiply.  They get the idea that no matter how crazy their view is that it's valid, when in reality it isn't and most people shouldn't care about it.

People behave in a such a way that they can't get away with in a face to face interaction.  Protip - internet isn't serious business.  Ignore the triggered morons like the social outcasts they really are and go about your life, it's not worth your time.
Chikitita2004

Merit: 121

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:56:06 PM

Ya. There are too sensitive people everywhere. Sometimes you would post something in the social medial about something concerning yourself and some who is not even related will just flare up by giving too bloody reactions. They will tell you the post concerns them or you are pinpointing on them. My opinion on what to do is, be less exposed. Be reserved and show up less. Less words less mistake policy.   

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
mariahh

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:31:26 PM

Well,the truth is that people have been alienated from each other and the reason from this is the development of the technology.I believe αλσo that this behavior is caused by the feeling of complex and Self-centeredness.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: