Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:07:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people feel so ofended by everything nowadays?  (Read 1712 times)
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 09:33:58 PM

It is not that people are becoming more offended these days, it is the fact that people have become rude and if you start to care you are degraded and looked at as weak. We are humans and allowed to care about our feelings. Those dismissing feelings should not be allowed to get away with it, that is a reflection of the anger that they hold within themselves.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:31:34 AM

You will agree with me that we are living in an unjust society today, where every one is perceived as an enemy until proven otherwise.
People living on assumption instead of facts and that has affected our sense of judgment in most cases.
People become offended easily this day cause their judge your action without even taking the time to know ur reason for those actions.
Bytemama

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:53:01 AM

According to my observation, putting effort into something that can change their economic status or improve it but not getting positive responds as expected. And those expected to understand are even making things difficult.
Eggsandbaconforbrekkie

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:17:18 AM

It's simple, really: as serious offenses became practically nonexistent, the tolerance for more minor offenses decreased. So things that used to be brushed off or ignored completely started getting more focus because things that were actually serious simply didn't happen anymore.

Example: back in the day, a serious offense would be a public lynching for an interracial couple. As that became a thing of the past, the threshold for serious offense was reduced to racial slurs. As that became a thing of the past, the threshold was reduced again to simple racial descriptors. And once that becomes a thing of the past, the threshold will be reduced even further.

Good news is I think we're at the peak of just how intolerant of offense you can get before people simply stop taking you seriously.
AltCoinKingz

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:18:22 AM

I think part of it is crybullying. If I claim offense, then I seize the moral high ground, and can force you to cater to me to make amends. It's a power trip, and not a pretty one.
Btctradercollctive

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:19:51 AM

I don't think many people are offended, I think it's mostly virtue signalling. They want to show others how "tolerant" they are by taking offense on behalf of others.
danielpjTTP

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:20:24 AM

The internet. Mass communications have given virtually every single group, every identity a space to exist in. Once they have a space to exist, they become formalized, the community grows, there are new 'converts' ect.

For example, the whole Brony thing was only really possible because of the online community. I doubt the term Brony would of been so ubiquitous in the 80s or something
StevenRA

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:52:47 AM

This thread should definitely have come with a trigger warning.
eli77

Activity: 112

AltCom: ALBy5gkznL2RyJz7oyALSDJ3yekzxyP7P4

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:54:34 PM

People feel so offended because of their Pride.
There were unfinish matters of the heart, especially unforgiveness and bitterness. 
Time won't heal the wounds, but real Forgiveness can heal the wounds. The opposite of Pride is humility. Be humble.

This is not yet a perfect world.
We are waiting for the second coming of our Lord Jesus.
When he comes everything will become NEW.

SushiMonster

Activity: 306
Merit: 107

I'm going to eat your cookies

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:10:38 AM

Because of social media, we cannot stop people posting their opinions and sentiments no matter how stupid and nonsense it is.
People just need to learn patience and not giving a care on peoples lives.
But i think it's human nature that people get so offended because we always give a care. Cheesy
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:31:33 AM

I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink

It's just normal dude. People nowadays release their hate and anger on social media. It helps them to minimize the unfortunate things that happen to them. I know it's not a good trait for a person but as long it's not a grave threat then there is nothing to worry about. You can block them of you want bro if you don't like them.
@frondamaria

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:41:10 AM

I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel offended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink

I agree, people nowadays make use of social media in a wrong way. Others would post everything in public, by doing so, they gave other people the access to their private life, thus criticizing them. In the end, they would get mad to those critics. One should be aware of the limitations they post in social media. Keep for yourself, do not give everything!
eshtonshrug

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:32:54 PM

I ask the same thing, i mean... world has become more open minded, so why feeling/taking everything personal, it's stupid people that will never take part of evolution.
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:03:43 AM

Trying to apply it to the cryptoworld: As you can see the fact that Bitcoin exists already offends some countries nowadays Sad Which usually leads to increasing of state regulation, arrests for using bitcoin etc. So it uncovers the system's weaknesses and at the same time authorities can't  controll it.
SonOfNorth

Activity: 195

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:25:43 AM

Western culture went soft over the years and that's thanks to the PC culture.

Hear, hear. It's all because we've conditioned people to believe that every opinion and person is precious and beautiful, whereas in all reality this is hardly ever the case. Oh well, empires rise and fall, such is the cycle, and now it's our turn to fall.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
StevenRA

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:33:09 AM

Hear, hear. It's all because we've conditioned people to believe that every opinion and person is precious and beautiful, whereas in all reality this is hardly ever the case. Oh well, empires rise and fall, such is the cycle, and now it's our turn to fall.

This might be the dumbest thing I've read all week.
SonOfNorth

Activity: 195

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:04:59 AM

This might be the dumbest thing I've read all week.

Doesn't make it any less true.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
scatha

Activity: 107

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:01:46 PM

1. It can be crocodile indignity, which is basically a political tool to further oppression and to establish the position of the "offended" one as a master who makes the law. This happens on personal level when some indignant person is the abusive bitch, for example, or on public level, in the political correctness movement.

2. It can be due to someone genuinely feeling hurt. That's mostly due to insecurity and neurotic trauma.

Not sure if this is a new problem, but it's played a lot more in the media than it used to be. Probably for the usual reason, someone is "telling us to behave".
bcnaranjo

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:03:47 PM

Sometimes it depends on how we take things. We often get offended if we are very sensitive and take things very seriously. Sometimes we can't even distinguished between a joke and a serious matter. We have to listen to things with objectivity in order not to be offended quickly. It is always not about us, sometimes it is all about other people's opinion.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:06:18 PM

it's not necessarily true that more people get offended easier , it could be that we
see the SJW stuff on the internet etc. and interpret it as if almost every person is like that
but in reality only a really small percentage is that sensitive and gets offended by a lot of things.

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: