Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people feel so ofended by everything nowadays?  (Read 1712 times)
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:58:55 PM

I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink

Your right about that, they will always judge everything specially netizens. Without knowing the true story they will just argue with you, they can even get sympathy of others and making you the bad one. I always avoid posting on social media, i am not afraid of being bashed but i hate that my status,face, anything that links to reputation will be ruined. I value my reputation and my dignity, so that is why I always try to be in low profile. I don't want attention but at least I keep a little bit for fun with my friends.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jettaheader

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:10:37 PM

Huh, people demonstrating why they are mortals...
AgonyPaid

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:31:28 AM

I think that's okay to ask for respect whenever you feel ofended by someone or something, but I feel that this is getting way too far with people's (over) sensibility. Don't know if you get the idea of what I'm saying but it's really annoying to deal with people like that
If I post I don't like to do/eat/play something, then someone will immediately feel I'm attacking them and start arguing and making a discussion out of nothing more than an opinion (I'm talking about giving opinions about something not insulting people for what they do or think)

Don't know if you agree with this, but I really want to know if you feel the same or it's just me. Let me know your opinions  Wink
Probably everybody, even one time in life, felt too that feel and you. Simply each on - it experiences anything. Main not to hide in itself, it badly.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:51:00 AM

Probably everybody, even one time in life, felt too that feel and you. Simply each on - it experiences anything. Main not to hide in itself, it badly.

I think many people think that they are being offended by someone. This is because nowadays bullying are relevant in our world. So when they feel bullied, all the people that will only tell a joke to him/her, they will feel offended even it is only a joke. Many people are being sensitive to their surroundins
sserugh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:03:45 AM

Well, the thing is that people are very enlightened today, and know there rights. Earlier people just didn't give a dam about if you got offended or not, for example when women had no rights at all, the main problem was not that you got a bit offended by something you sad. It is a natural development when sociaties start giving people rights.
valiantintel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:19:12 PM

There are many factors like lifestyle, tech, education. Now people don't have tolerance with others.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:40:59 PM

Another possibility is that as the wealth of a country decreases its tolerance towards some subjects, I remember sharing a room when I was young so I had to put with some habits that I did not like from my brother and I'm sure he did the same, but now that a lot of kids do not have to go through that thanks to bigger houses tolerance has go down.
Cyberbits

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:47:56 AM

the truth is that, you’re not a bad person. In fact, you would typically describe yourself as kind-hearted, open-minded and even downright liberal.  You support marriage equality, you think that the patriarchy is a Real Thing, you’re against oppression and intolerance of any kind, and you use terms like social justice, white privilege and problematic. You are a good person. So if you think that what you shared was cool, and so many other people that you like and respect thought it was cool, then it stands to reason that it must be cool. And rather than second-guessing yourself or taking a fresh look at the video or blog post or whatever it was you shared, you let your knee-jerk self-righteousness and fear take over. Because, let’s be honest – as much as you believe that you’re in the right right, you are also afraid. Afraid that you are what you purport to hate, or at the very least unconsciously participating in a system that you hate.
Cyberbits

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:49:14 AM

And so you begin to loudly dismiss and belittle the other person’s concerns.

“Calm down, it’s just a joke.”

“You’re taking this too seriously.”

“You’re reading something into this that just isn’t there.”

“Honestly, do we have to be offended by everything now?”

“You are way too sensitive.”

“I have a black/gay/trans*/female friend, and they don’t think this is racist/homophobic/transphobic/sexist.”

You might even throw in a word or two about censorship, if you’re in the right mood.

Because of course you must be in the right. If there was any problem with the content in question, you would have been the first to see it. If the joke was offensive, you wouldn’t have laughed. If this was something likely to hurt another person, you wouldn’t have shared it.
Cyberbits

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:51:37 AM

It's simple, really: as serious offenses became practically nonexistent, the tolerance for more minor offenses decreased. So things that used to be brushed off or ignored completely started getting more focus because things that were actually serious simply didn't happen anymore.

Example: back in the day, a serious offense would be a public lynching for an interracial couple. As that became a thing of the past, the threshold for serious offense was reduced to racial slurs. As that became a thing of the past, the threshold was reduced again to simple racial descriptors. And once that becomes a thing of the past, the threshold will be reduced even further.

Good news is I think we're at the peak of just how intolerant of offense you can get before people simply stop taking you seriously.
Cyberbits

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:58:38 AM

There are many things that, as people age, they notice for the first time, and they always think those things are new. Usually, they're not. Whenever you get the urge to say "... nowadays," it's worth having some skepticism and talking to some older people.
memyselfandi

Activity: 573

Futurov

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:42:49 AM

I believe people get easily offended because they don't feel secure  themselves. Due to their inferiority complex, irrespective of how deep  it runs, they tend to lose the ability to 'turn the cheek'. People who  are confident of themselves seldom get offended.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: