Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:16:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [UMBRELLACOIN] Who else has been following it/ views?  (Read 603 times)
cryptoisdafuture (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:02:01 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 05:15:33 AM by cryptoisdafuture

--- Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum and can't delete from here, I've posted it in Altcoin Discussions now--

I started following the UmbrellaCoin guys like a week back. Now I've not been on BitCoinTalk long enough, and till now just used to jump into currencies based on their valuation inside CoinMarketCap, but I am lately figuring that's too late. So after reading a few whitepapers, I narrowed down to 2-3 ICOs/ crowdsales I was interested in and one of those which piqued my interest was UmbrellaCoin. (https://www.umbrellacoin.org/) The things which really attracted me were it tackles an area (hidden costs of insurance) which even in the fiat currency world I've not seen anyone tackle, it deals with an industry which is known for bullying customers and leads to a terrible experience and it's formed full of devs from reputed companies. The last point piqued my interest even more when I saw this yesterday: https://medium.com/@umbrellacoin/dev-update-week-of-july-30th-c5a073206df4

Holy shit, they actually have a prototype/ beginnings a month before their crowdsale almost. So I was considering putting ~ 50 ETH into their Crowdsale. My questions to the community:

1) What's a decent amount to put into ICOs/crowdsales where you believe it's gotta chance. Personally my risk appetite in the stock market is ~30-40k USD total, so even 50 ETH scares me a little but I feel I might be missing the boat if I don't jump in.

2) Is it common or uncommon to have working prototypes for these coins much before their going public?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitFarmer75

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:19:22 AM

--- Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum and can't delete from here, I've posted it in Altcoin Discussions now--

I started following the UmbrellaCoin guys like a week back. Now I've not been on BitCoinTalk long enough, and till now just used to jump into currencies based on their valuation inside CoinMarketCap, but I am lately figuring that's too late. So after reading a few whitepapers, I narrowed down to 2-3 ICOs/ crowdsales I was interested in and one of those which piqued my interest was UmbrellaCoin. (https://www.umbrellacoin.org/) The things which really attracted me were it tackles an area (hidden costs of insurance) which even in the fiat currency world I've not seen anyone tackle, it deals with an industry which is known for bullying customers and leads to a terrible experience and it's formed full of devs from reputed companies. The last point piqued my interest even more when I saw this yesterday: https://medium.com/@umbrellacoin/dev-update-week-of-july-30th-c5a073206df4

Holy shit, they actually have a prototype/ beginnings a month before their crowdsale almost. So I was considering putting ~ 50 ETH into their Crowdsale. My questions to the community:

1) What's a decent amount to put into ICOs/crowdsales where you believe it's gotta chance. Personally my risk appetite in the stock market is ~30-40k USD total, so even 50 ETH scares me a little but I feel I might be missing the boat if I don't jump in.

2) Is it common or uncommon to have working prototypes for these coins much before their going public?

Thanks

Hey have been watching this coin?! There's alot of news going on.  https://www.umbrellacoin.org/ If you scroll down the site you can find the articles
cryptoisdafuture (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:38:19 AM

Yeah I started following the main announcement thread, and I have been very optimistic on them.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:22:00 AM

Thanks

You've made the right decision at the right time when news of China banning icos, Umbrellacoin is a good coin/token to add to your investment, they have a solid team and have in fact show who are behind the team the best way to look at legit ico is there should be a prototype for investors to see .

cryptoisdafuture (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:16:51 AM

Thanks

You've made the right decision at the right time when news of China banning icos, Umbrellacoin is a good coin/token to add to your investment, they have a solid team and have in fact show who are behind the team the best way to look at legit ico is there should be a prototype for investors to see .

That's a very good point of view to have. I don't know how Chinese regulations will affect Umbrellacoin. Let's hope it succeeds
oliviajizz

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

* PM for Japanese Translations *

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:20:11 AM

is this a shill thread?

* PM for Japanese Translations *
martyMC

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:21:02 AM

Yeah I started following the main announcement thread, and I have been very optimistic on them.
Why don't you post the link? Huh
martyMC

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:22:19 AM

Thanks

That's a very good point of view to have. I don't know how Chinese regulations will affect Umbrellacoin. Let's hope it succeeds
it's a chinese coin?
cryptoisdafuture (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:15:12 AM

Why don't you post the link? Huh

Had to some googling, but here it is:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2025943.0

It's not a Chinese coin, the team seems American.

I guess it can be seen as a shill thread, but it's not. I've been critical of these guys at various places especially their slow marketing efforts. However the continuing dev updates and a niche industry which solves a legitimate problem sold me into it, and I invested into it the first week. Don't know how the regulations will affect this and other coins.
martyMC

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:07:48 PM

How much they have raised?
cryptoisdafuture (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:09:05 AM

Around 1500 ETH