Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:00:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 hours before the fork - Can I make a transaction without Fear? Please help  (Read 1278 times)
narrrf (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:51:47 AM

I want to make a BTC deposite to my bitfinex acount

Can I make it 3 hours before 12:20 UTC?

Bitfinex needs 7 confirms
narrrf (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:14:45 AM

Just called my austrian Bitcoin Dealer (Bitcoinbon.at) and they said "Till 10 UTC its ok", then they will cancel the trades till the fork ended.

Hope I will get 7 approves to bitfinex without problems.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 09:20:38 AM

I am not sure if it is safe to make any transaction during that period but to be honest, I would strongly advise you not to test the network. Delay your transaction as much as you can because there is still a risk associated with it unless and until a clear signal from the centre so in such case you might lose your Bitcoins and possibly your transaction might not get confirmation at all. I would say 24 hours delay would be the best to make any transaction without any fear.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:23:47 AM

Congestion is low and fees are cheap right now. Pay a high fee (currently > 60 sat/byte) and you are very likely to be fine. However, there is always the very small chance that a block won't be found for a couple hours, and even a high fee paid at this time could get priced out.

If it's not vital to make the transfer, I'd probably avoid it. But chances are, you'll be fine with many blocks to spare.
Mr.Scott

Activity: 548
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:27:40 AM

Not good idea at all made transactions before the fork.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:41:00 AM

Just called my austrian Bitcoin Dealer (Bitcoinbon.at) and they said "Till 10 UTC its ok", then they will cancel the trades till the fork ended.

Hope I will get 7 approves to bitfinex without problems.

I wouldn't do it but if they can guarantee your transaction will be successful it's alright I guess. Some services suspended Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals yesterday. It's risky.
narrrf (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:45:08 AM

I have 4 approves till now -- bitfinex needs 7 I will post when it arrives.

My austrian supplier always pays correct fees, and they said they guarante me that nothing will get lost. (The call was at time of writing this article)

Thanks for all your comments

I think the aproves came very fast

I will tell u all when It has arrived on my wallet at Bitfinex -- hope soon
spain cool

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:56:49 AM

You should avoid transactions now, as suggested by friends. To avoid the things we do not want.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:00:31 AM

The mere fact that you are bringing it up here means that you have felt fear already. What you are doing is very risky. I think all the suggestions and advice is to avoid BTC transactions when August 1 is near. The 7 confirms must take a long time bro. I hope you will get through it and successfully and safely transfer your BTCs.
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:01:14 AM

My austrian supplier always pays correct fees, and they said they guarante me that nothing will get lost. (The call was at time of writing this article)

So you posted this update 15 minutes ago. Update us on what happened to your transaction. I don't want to make transactions for now, you just have to wait for 3 more confirmation and you've got it. That's not a lot at all, hope that everything goes well and there will be no interruption with the bitcoins that you are about to transact.

JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:01:44 AM

Why risk it now?

Just relax, get a beer and popcorn and watch Bitcoin Cash implode after Roger Ver and Jihan try to manipulate the price up.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:04:37 AM

Advice from pretty much everyone is to not transact during this period just in case, especially if dealing in larger amounts.
narrrf (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:23:55 AM

So you posted this update 15 minutes ago. Update us on what happened to your transaction. I don't want to make transactions for now, you just have to wait for 3 more confirmation and you've got it. That's not a lot at all, hope that everything goes well and there will be no interruption with the bitcoins that you are about to transact.

confirms are at 6/7 now

waiting to complete at bitfinex also 6/7 seeable till the first confirm

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:24:33 AM

I agree with the above comments, i dont think its a good idea. Its too risky unless you absolutely have to. As long as you understand all the risks involved. May I ask why you waited for the last moment to do this? All the best!
narrrf (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:30:13 AM

I agree with the above comments, i dont think its a good idea. Its too risky unless you absolutely have to. As long as you understand all the risks involved. May I ask why you waited for the last moment to do this? All the best!

7 Confirms now at blockchain ...

In austria only post offices and tabak stores have BTC

I just wanted to add some more to my wallet at bitfinex so I bought, googled, opened the discussion, called my supplier and then made it with a grimmy feeling in my stomach.

Meanwhile just when I see 7 approves at blockchain for my transaction I am feeling fine

Finer when I get the notify Email of bitfinex which I am waiting for at Bitfinex 6/7

narrrf (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:33:47 AM

It's completed

The BTC are at Bitfinex

Time transaction for 7 approves  apx. 80 min.

Thanks for all the comments

Now I relax and wait for the fork

:-)
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:39:29 AM

Fork only stay 1 to 2 hours only. I think you should be able to survive and do nothing, if you keep insisting then all the bad consequences could happen. Some news have mentioned that bitcoin will experience changes in blockhain so that all transactions done could be a problem. You better wait until there is official news that bitcoin network can be used. And do not forget to make sure that you have saved bitcoin in wallet that has private key. This will help you not to lose the bitcoin you have.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:39:37 AM

Fantastic, I am happy for you. Smiley
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:40:44 AM

You should not do it now, because this is already notified in this forum by theymos. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2017191.0
If you have strong confidence, you can make the right decision for you to do. Hopefully bad things do not happen to you, god bless you.
narrrf (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:44:40 AM

You should not do it now, because this is already notified in this forum by theymos. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2017191.0
If you have strong confidence, you can make the right decision for you to do. Hopefully bad things do not happen to you, god bless you.

I think my supplier at austria is good and they payed the correct fee. So the transaction was completed till about 80 mins with 7 confirms, like I wrote above.

AT THIS TIME UTC 10:44 I WOULD NOT ADVICE ANY ONE TO DO A TRANSACTION NOW

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: