Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OnionWallet - DeepOnion Web Wallet with 2-FA & Auto-Staking! Earn ONION  (Read 2945 times)
flag39

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

My wallet is on my PC and encrypted. My onion coins are there. I did't know there was a web wallet!  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:25:59 PM

Was personal information, i.e. passwords etc affected in anyway? I just registered for the web wallet last night.  thank goodness I had 2nd thoughts and didn't make the transfer.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:34:24 PM

Was personal information, i.e. passwords etc affected in anyway? I just registered for the web wallet last night.  thank goodness I had 2nd thoughts and didn't make the transfer.

Why would you want to store something on a web wallet anyway?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:38:37 PM

i don't understand why anyone keeps their coins online. no matter how safe it appears to be it's NOT safe. it's just not worth it. always keep your wallets on your pc and fully encypted
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:50:33 PM

I guess Chinese people would use web wallets because of Tor not working in China. Is there no other way to go around that censorship, maybe using some proxy software?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 11:10:23 PM

I guess Chinese people would use web wallets because of Tor not working in China. Is there no other way to go around that censorship, maybe using some proxy software?

I've heard references to the "Great Firewall of China" before, but I have not made a study of it since I don't have to deal with it.  It's very unfortunate that the Chinese who wish to participate in DeepONION have to worry about this.

Can a VPN be used to connect with TOR?  I was wondering if that might be a solution to their problem, unfortunately using a VPN can be cost prohibitive, and that defeats the purpose I suppose.  I would even assume that VPN's are under fire from the government there anyway Sad.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 04:25:54 AM

shit, my deeponion web wallet got hacked too...

here's my address transactions:
http://explorer.deeponion.org/address/DYhC5zUt794xU8ECbGAWzdVboKCL82zQ1b

and one of the transaction belongs to a 2500 onion transfer:
http://explorer.deeponion.org/tx/4690ab68e39edea74bb13a93739d4f7158f354167fa038ee7ee137b10734390a

is deeponion webwallet scam? or it's just it got hacked?
hardinero007

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:03:16 AM

regarding airdrops, since my webwallet got hacked, should i re-apply for a new airdrop address?  they have restriction that one user should apply for only one airdrop address.
nappoleon

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:06:05 AM

shit, my deeponion web wallet got hacked too...

here's my address transactions:
http://explorer.deeponion.org/address/DYhC5zUt794xU8ECbGAWzdVboKCL82zQ1b

and one of the transaction belongs to a 2500 onion transfer:
http://explorer.deeponion.org/tx/4690ab68e39edea74bb13a93739d4f7158f354167fa038ee7ee137b10734390a

is deeponion webwallet scam? or it's just it got hacked?

You should inform your self man. There was an announcement that the web wallet was hijacked.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sandan2002

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:07:26 AM

It seems that some hackers are intrested to get more ONIONS because they know how much potential this coin have.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:21:56 AM

I was trying web wallet first to check out the deeponion project. I do not have much but below is my address

DZNGiVhEhoWpfZYCJoCYQsyRWdLxJ4ub1B

Thanks
hardinero007

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 05:52:53 AM

hi boss, since my deeponion webwallet got hacked, i re-applied for airdrop.  i changed the my profile bitcoin address to the new deeponion address, then applied here as mentioned in the rule:

https://deeponion.org/apply.php

upon entering, i got my user blacklisted???

can someone help me?  thanks

bitcointalk user id: 91839

old hacked deeponion web wallet address:
DYhC5zUt794xU8ECbGAWzdVboKCL82zQ1b

new address:
Doazj3rND5Q5sVcARHymrYbk558Qmtt1me
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:12:31 AM

? It's the official onion web wallet.  24/7 staking would be the main advantage.  You gets your stakes instantly and will stake more coins in the long run.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Xsinx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:20:22 AM

? It's the official onion web wallet.  24/7 staking would be the main advantage.  You gets your stakes instantly and will stake more coins in the long run.

its not official its a 3rd party Wallet. its out of dev main control. the whole blockchain of onions is not that big at the momment, so synching your wallet is not that long. too bad for those people, some of my friends got atleast 3,000++ onions and it just disappear. but there are still 36 more airdrops to go.
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:21:33 PM

I hate premining situation. It fracked Dash over in the past and this was a way tooo powerful commodity. Since then, I don't believe that premining will bring something good for the project. Plus, DeepOnion looked a bit scam to me :/
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 01:50:23 PM

Well, anyone can say what they wish, but so far, DeepONION has been profitable for me.  This morning it was even better because we passed the $0.40 USD / Onion mark plus.

I really fail to see any scam when you invest only some power to mine, if that, some time to post, etc., and invest no money, but make money. 

Regarding the web wallet issue, the explanation of what happened has been addressed elsewhere.  If you wish, there is a DeepONION official forum, because these threads get so large things are missed easily, for contacting the devs with your information.  I don't know if the devs / community has  a plan in place to assist those that got hacked, but maybe they do.  The victims have my condolences, but the official wallet was not hacked.

Personally I remain confident in the team / community and I like that the basic mechanism of the coin is to encourage more relay nodes on the TOR network.  It's simple, straightforward, and not some overly complicated ICO backed up by a bunch of "talking heads" and bogus LinkedIn info.

▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
onionminer.club (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:06:41 PM

DeepOnion comrades, we are devastated to announce that OnionWallet has been tampered with / hacked this morning [we are in GMT+3 timezone]. As far as we can see now approximately 5000 Onion have been sent to unknown addresses. All funds have been drained...

If you had a balance please PM us your info and-or post it here - we have to track who lost what.

We will update you as soon as we have more information to share.

We are deeply sorry.

Onionminer.club

WARNING: piWallet is not secure software apparently!

piWallet is a very secure software, what happened is an administrator had a very weak password and did not have 2Factor Authentication enabled which led to someone logging in to an admin account and spending all the coins. Thank you for your concern, and please secure piWallet properly next time.
Alright, yet how can you know, sir? Of course our Admin account's password had 32+ chars, very complex, and it had 2-FA enabled. Someone gained root access... This could mean that it may be unrelated to piWallet itself - but the server was secured with extremely complex passphrase and only allowed root ssh connections temporarily.
We have lost some of our own ONION funds as well. Either way: we are to blame and we are deeply sorry for this loss.
fitbobcat

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:49:49 PM

DeepOnion comrades, we are devastated to announce that OnionWallet has been tampered with / hacked this morning [we are in GMT+3 timezone]. As far as we can see now approximately 5000 Onion have been sent to unknown addresses. All funds have been drained...

If you had a balance please PM us your info and-or post it here - we have to track who lost what.

We will update you as soon as we have more information to share.

We are deeply sorry.

Onionminer.club

WARNING: piWallet is not secure software apparently!

piWallet is a very secure software, what happened is an administrator had a very weak password and did not have 2Factor Authentication enabled which led to someone logging in to an admin account and spending all the coins. Thank you for your concern, and please secure piWallet properly next time.
Alright, yet how can you know, sir? Of course our Admin account's password had 32+ chars, very complex, and it had 2-FA enabled. Someone gained root access... This could mean that it may be unrelated to piWallet itself - but the server was secured with extremely complex passphrase and only allowed root ssh connections temporarily.
We have lost some of our own ONION funds as well. Either way: we are to blame and we are deeply sorry for this loss.

Why wasn't 2Factor enabled on the server?

16XxqtX2AcfRt8J4KGWLxQbs8CQVA1HaDW
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:15:50 PM

How can we get our coins, I see that my onion is still there. 720 onions

http://explorer.deeponion.org/address/DaEZFmX7SFxGGeNPqTGZAnWWHXbrigRy56
hardinero007

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 04:08:34 AM

How can we get our coins, I see that my onion is still there. 720 onions

http://explorer.deeponion.org/address/DaEZFmX7SFxGGeNPqTGZAnWWHXbrigRy56

hi sir, saw your address, is your wallet from onionwallet.org also?  too bad you got blacklisted too like me Sad
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: