Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:42:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Value and the Relationship between BTC and BCH  (Read 1955 times)
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:21:17 PM

It looks like BCH is here to stay.  For now, it seems that the combined value of both BTC and BCH is, consistently, around $3000.  When BTC goes up by $50, BCH goes down by $50 and vice versa.  Not sure how long this relationship will last.  I do not mind for my exchange to sell off BCH now in exchange for more BTCs.

They said that Bitmain and Roger Ver were going to sell off their bitcoins and put the money into BCH after the fork and they are probably doing it right now.  That is why the price of BCH is sustaining at this moment.  Once they run out of the capital from selling bitcoins, the price of BCH will probably drop. 

If BCH made it and survived with a decent price, that would encourage more similiar Bitcoin split in the future - which is not a good thing in my humble opinion.

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:29:05 PM

hell no.
it's a clone at the beginning and always be like that,
no matter what will happen to Bitcoin,it has nothing to do.
we will see a pump for this clone in a few days or weeks later and after that huge dump will happen.
i am not surprised about this coin,because it's an altcoin to begin with
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:37:06 PM

hell no.
it's a clone at the beginning and always be like that,
no matter what will happen to Bitcoin,it has nothing to do.
we will see a pump for this clone in a few days or weeks later and after that huge dump will happen.
i am not surprised about this coin,because it's an altcoin to begin with

I think that's what most people fail to realize... That it's an altcoin at the end of the day. It just happens to have the word "bitcoin" in its name. I think Bitcoin Cash is just eclectic enough to scare away the bitcoin noobies, and not secure enough to attract the majority of the whales. I also agree that at the end of the day, this will live its lifetime as another altcoin, and will see the initial pump and dump like many alts go through. Is it here to stay? Sure, why not? But will it retain its value is the real question...

Unless there is some major marketing done to influence and educate the masses about BCC/BCH, I think most people are just going to dump their *free* coins and be done with it. Volatile market, for sure, and by the time it neutralizes, I firmly believe that BTC will still reign, as is pretty obviously apparent at this moment. Maybe with the adoption and integration of BCC by the big powerhouses and exchanges, which is apparently in the works for some big sites, but I believe that Bitcoin will still and always be the "gold standard" of crypto.

This is just me, a layman, talking though. I don't mine and have never mined BTC. I'm just a random dude that discovered it a couple years ago that knows just enough about how the blockchain works and how to setup and migrate my own private keys. For someone like me, there was not enough education pushed in my face about BCC/BCH to make me comfortable to swap and/or hodl, and if I'm saying that as a layman, I'm sure there are MILLIONS more out there going "what the fuck is Bitcoin Cash?!"

Just my $0.02.
Bitcoin1216

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Pawsome

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:03:56 PM

I hope this becomes a good thing in the future so what the btc shortcomings can be covered by BCC, and I think this is progress and not make users confused.

Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:06:54 PM

I do not believe the current BCH value will sustain in the long term.  The reason why it is at around $300 right now is because Roger Ver and the team are pumping it up with the money they got from selling BTC.  As I have mentioned, after that capital is used up, the bumping will stop and the price will drop - probably no more than 3% of the BTC value.  Currently, it is easier to sustain the $300 price mark because that the market cap is still small.

Unless people started to accept and use it as currency like BTC or something major happen, that will be a different story.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:13:34 PM

They said that Bitmain and Roger Ver were going to sell off their bitcoins and put the money into BCH after the fork and they are probably doing it right now. 

Who said this? A businessman will always be wise as a businessman. Why would they gamble their thousands of bitcoin for this new creation? It's just odd that they will let their profit go into the thin air, no way they won't do it. Probably they will but maybe 10% of their total bitcoins.

That is why the price of BCH is sustaining at this moment.  Once they run out of the capital from selling bitcoins, the price of BCH will probably drop. 

Not only because of them, traders will always be traders. Everyone is just chasing for the profit.

If BCH made it and survived with a decent price, that would encourage more similiar Bitcoin split in the future - which is not a good thing in my humble opinion.

Splits are giving the newbies fear and let's hope there's no more in the near future.
ranreichman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 11:28:47 PM

The real problem with Bitcoin Cash is that it's managed by a small group of people. That's antithetical to the Bitcoin decentralization ideal. It's possible that over time more people will use Bitcoin Cash and it'll become a non-centralized currency but that's yet to be seen.

Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:41:53 PM

Who said this? A businessman will always be wise as a businessman. Why would they gamble their thousands of bitcoin for this new creation? It's just odd that they will let their profit go into the thin air, no way they won't do it. Probably they will but maybe 10% of their total bitcoins.

Actually it was Roger Ver himself who said that first:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/roger-ver-i-will-sell-my-coins-to-buy-more-useful-bitcoin-unlimited

Although he was referring to BTU, I believe he is doing the same for BCH - specially when the pushing for BTU has not worked out (yet?).  

I read from an article or blog somewhere this week that he can others will sell Bitcoin to buy the BCH.  The article did not mention how much they will sell though.  You were right that a rational businessman will not take that kind of chance and would understand the meaning of diversification.  

batang_bitcoin

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:41:16 AM

Actually it was Roger Ver himself who said that first:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/roger-ver-i-will-sell-my-coins-to-buy-more-useful-bitcoin-unlimited

Although he was referring to BTU, I believe he is doing the same for BCH - specially when the pushing for BTU has not worked out (yet?).  

I read from an article or blog somewhere this week that he can others will sell Bitcoin to buy the BCH.  The article did not mention how much they will sell though.  You were right that a rational businessman will not take that kind of chance and would understand the meaning of diversification.  

If he said that he was just about to go with BTU then it was only for it. But who knows on what he's about to do. He's been doing things and push something that he thinks will support him by the community. Why he doesn't want to stick with bitcoin so that everyone of us will live happily ever after and it will never end.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:29:54 AM

I think BCC will not be able to support for a long time and it will soon fall. A bitcoin will continue to grow in price. This will happen as soon as the community fully understands what happened on August 1. The leading stock exchanges have already decided and stated that they will not support the BCC.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:28:08 AM

I wonder the BCC or BCH? which is the correct abbreviation, or both are correct. Anyway, in my opinion, the bitcoin cash is just a diversion issue and the market control for the bitcoin holder, if there's no bitcoin cash, most people will hold their btc, and other people buy more btc. Because they believe that after the segwit activation, the price will pump. So the bitcoin inventory became more limited. And with the bitcoin cash hire, theres at least there's some people are doubious and the safe way is to sell the btc. So the price of btc still stable until right now. Am I wrong?
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:36:07 AM

I wonder the BCC or BCH? which is the correct abbreviation, or both are correct. Anyway, in my opinion, the bitcoin cash is just a diversion issue and the market control for the bitcoin holder, if there's no bitcoin cash, most people will hold their btc, and other people buy more btc. Because they believe that after the segwit activation, the price will pump. So the bitcoin inventory became more limited. And with the bitcoin cash hire, theres at least there's some people are doubious and the safe way is to sell the btc. So the price of btc still stable until right now. Am I wrong?

I think BCC will not be able to support for a long time and it will soon fall. A bitcoin will continue to grow in price. This will happen as soon as the community fully understands what happened on August 1. The leading stock exchanges have already decided and stated that they will not support the BCC.

Same post total and everything! Nice signature scamming!
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:36:44 AM

I really don't know why it happens though even though there is no split happened and fork. This people that made the Bitcoin Cash is so desperate to support the new altcoin in able to enter the scene with no hard work has been done, they just go with the flow of August 1 and then here they are now.

As you can see BCH is the top 3 crypto currency now, it takes the spot with an instant shortcut and no hassle at all.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:55:03 AM

It looks like BCH is here to stay.  For now, it seems that the combined value of both BTC and BCH is, consistently, around $3000.  When BTC goes up by $50, BCH goes down by $50 and vice versa.  Not sure how long this relationship will last.  I do not mind for my exchange to sell off BCH now in exchange for more BTCs.

They said that Bitmain and Roger Ver were going to sell off their bitcoins and put the money into BCH after the fork and they are probably doing it right now.  That is why the price of BCH is sustaining at this moment.  Once they run out of the capital from selling bitcoins, the price of BCH will probably drop. 

This correlation might be true now but will only be lessened as time goes by because after all, bitcoin cash isn't really anything more than an altcoin airdrop. Bitcoin and Ethereum probably has an inverse relationship as well because there is only this much investor funds available in the crypto scene. Bitcoin cash is not different.

Logically speaking i can see why this correlation is true, so don't get me wrong. Thereotically, yes, bitcoin cash + bitcoin = actual bitcoin value pre-fork. But practically it is quite different. Bitcoin cash has now risen by 70%, whilst bitcoin has only dropped by 3%. If what you said was true, then bitcoin would have dropped by at least 10-15%.
Bitcoin Guy (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:28:45 PM

If he said that he was just about to go with BTU then it was only for it. But who knows on what he's about to do. He's been doing things and push something that he thinks will support him by the community. Why he doesn't want to stick with bitcoin so that everyone of us will live happily ever after and it will never end.

He has been trying to create a new coin out of Bitcoin as he was very unhappy about the Core community not willing to increase the block size.  As BTU did not work out, BCH is his next chance.  I thinkg he is a very happy man now.  Not only did the new coin plan get realized, he has probably been selling his BTC to exchange for BCH at a 1 to 10 ratio.   

I wonder the BCC or BCH? which is the correct abbreviation, or both are correct.

BCH is the correct one.  BCC is the symbol for Bitconnect - which is currently ranked around 13 in market cap now.

This correlation might be true now but will only be lessened as time goes by because after all, bitcoin cash isn't really anything more than an altcoin airdrop. Bitcoin and Ethereum probably has an inverse relationship as well because there is only this much investor funds available in the crypto scene. Bitcoin cash is not different.

Logically speaking i can see why this correlation is true, so don't get me wrong. Thereotically, yes, bitcoin cash + bitcoin = actual bitcoin value pre-fork. But practically it is quite different. Bitcoin cash has now risen by 70%, whilst bitcoin has only dropped by 3%. If what you said was true, then bitcoin would have dropped by at least 10-15%.

Yes, the correlation only works in short term - very short.  Right now, the combined values is $3500.  I did not expect the BCH price can go so high!

I am not 100% sure, but I read that these miners (mainly Bitmain) who departed from BTC and going into BCH is about 20% to 25% of the pre-folk BTC harshing power.  If that is correct, then these miners would equal to about 1/4 to 1/3 of the current BTC hashing power. If we based the price on the hashing power, BCH might end up with 25% to 33% of the BTC value.  (Notice that there are a lot of "IFs" in here.)

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:50:16 PM

for the millionth time it is too soon to say, you are speculating about something that is not yet released.
- there are only a handful of blocks mined in the past day!!
- there are a small total number of transactions meaning nobody has yet moved their coins or downloaded the wallet
- the exchanges have not yet enabled deposits!

at least let the deposits of BCH be open for 1 day then start talking about "relationship"

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:10:23 PM

Bitcoin cash is certainly an interesting idea and may seem like something worth investing in for some people, but I still think that the whales that have heaps of Bitcoin won’t pay much attention to it, maybe just claim some free Bitcoin cash, hold it and resume life as normal. No matter what, Bitcoin cash is just an alt coin, not the real deal.

The only way for Bitcoin cash to grow was if Bitcoin cash started getting accepted, legalized and just receiving a bunch of media attention, but I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon.

batang_bitcoin

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:56:25 PM

He has been trying to create a new coin out of Bitcoin as he was very unhappy about the Core community not willing to increase the block size.  As BTU did not work out, BCH is his next chance.  I thinkg he is a very happy man now.  Not only did the new coin plan get realized, he has probably been selling his BTC to exchange for BCH at a 1 to 10 ratio.  

He never gets tired about making money. He should get himself an early retirement his filthy rich now. He always want to make money and that's what his goal with his life for now. Giving some newbies an headache by doing some ridiculous things that he is the one to benefit from it. Oh well this is all about making money, no other reasons. And looking at BCH the price is quite an ideal for everyone.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:02:53 PM

Thinking it from an Altcoin perspective we know that they don't have any relationships at all. You know there are times where Bitcoin is the only one who is up in the market and all Altcoins are down? That means they are selling and putting their money in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash will have the same effect on its price as well if the investors does not think Bitcoin Cash has the potential like Bitcoin it will surely go down. Because I don't see a copy of Bitcoin be on par with the original one.
galactica

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:06:49 PM

Until people have the opportunity to dump their coins (or not) we can't really say what the relationship is.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: