Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:49:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lordmancer II token sale is finished  (Read 27387 times)
Klangburg

Activity: 722
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 07:40:22 PM

I love this idea: mining over mobile phone. It's the future of decentralization.

It's only a bit tricky for those of us using iPhone, the installation procedure. Maybe in the future you will give also full native Apple support?

Of course, we will publish it through App Store Smiley now it is only a beta version

Any chances that this game eventually be released on PC? I know that this game has mobile oriented mechanics, but it could be additional revenue source.

Dont think that its practicable to develope a PC Version. You need much more capital to realize this and you have much more professional competitors.

I don't know much about game developing, but as far as I remember last Heroes (similar game style) was 2 years ago and it was not very successful. So maybe in case of successful ICO devs could think of PC port.

Porting games from mobile to PC is not so easy when it comes to multiplayer. That's the key point. Anyway the game industry is moving so fast on mobile right now.

I prefer pc gaming indeed, but that's a true fact obviously. If you want to become big in short term you should consider mobile devices for your development nowadays.

The trailer is done very nicely .. could addict many people out there. Cheesy

t.me/cryptodeutsch
Irlasos

Activity: 504
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

I love this idea: mining over mobile phone. It's the future of decentralization.

It's only a bit tricky for those of us using iPhone, the installation procedure. Maybe in the future you will give also full native Apple support?

Of course, we will publish it through App Store Smiley now it is only a beta version

Any chances that this game eventually be released on PC? I know that this game has mobile oriented mechanics, but it could be additional revenue source.

Dont think that its practicable to develope a PC Version. You need much more capital to realize this and you have much more professional competitors.

I don't know much about game developing, but as far as I remember last Heroes (similar game style) was 2 years ago and it was not very successful. So maybe in case of successful ICO devs could think of PC port.

Porting games from mobile to PC is not so easy when it comes to multiplayer. That's the key point. Anyway the game industry is moving so fast on mobile right now.

I prefer pc gaming indeed, but that's a true fact obviously. If you want to become big in short term you should consider mobile devices for your development nowadays.

The trailer is done very nicely .. could addict many people out there. Cheesy

There is still the emulator solution, like bluestacks.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:07:08 PM

How many registered users did Lormancer one have and what are the prediction for the new version?

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:21:28 PM

I don't think a PC port will be viable because 1) gamers revile ports of mobile games 2) there are much more established PC games with in-game economy, especially those mentioned in the whitepaper 3) it's too much like the existing PC games it's drawing inspiration from, HOMM and King's Bounty, and PC gamers will notice that immediately. For some reason on mobile platforms such concerns are irrelevant.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:26:23 PM

Mobile platform is very nice to build a game like lordmancer. A lot of people have smartphone and download game, so the market is really huge.
Develop a pc version could maybe be good but its harder to make a cross platform game. Maybe a day but i think aim mobile game market is very nice and. Each year the mobile game market increase a lot.
manifo1d

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:26:37 PM

This sounds cool as fuck
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

I don't think a PC port will be viable because 1) gamers revile ports of mobile games 2) there are much more established PC games with in-game economy, especially those mentioned in the whitepaper 3) it's too much like the existing PC games it's drawing inspiration from, HOMM and King's Bounty, and PC gamers will notice that immediately. For some reason on mobile platforms such concerns are irrelevant.

I would not see as that negative. In general I love the idea having such ingame coins on blockchain technology. It gives another level of value into the game. And yes, there might be already a lot of similar games be on PC version. But I am e.g. also more a PC gamer, as on mobile device this is all too small for me. I need to have a big monitor to get the right overview.
Gecko8

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:39:28 PM

What I forget to ask, when I read it correctly, within the game you would buy the game coins through fiat money. Why could you not use the mined coins for this?
Rigorous

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:48:53 PM

Paid consumables and features include: PvP Shield/immunity, character boosts(strength, experience, etc), army boost/resurrection after battle, rare and unique items, and speedups

I am surprised the developers have chosen for that kind of in-app purchases. That means it's really going to be a pay-to-win game.

I'm especially surprised because on the same page they mention

Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 These games contain “cosmetic item markets”

Those Valve games have proven that you don't need to have in-app purchases that affect the game mechanics to become massively profitable.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:01:28 PM

WoW, sweet, this is the first project of this type that has better development and already a working product, and best of all this is MOBILE, so it will have more casual players there, even I dare say some actual traders will participate too, I read other similar projects, but they were either just suggesting the project or asking for funds only, no working product nor even in development, so they got to nowhere, now I'm inclined to check this out seriously, good job team, hope to see great things about this one Cheesy.
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:03:08 PM

Paid consumables and features include: PvP Shield/immunity, character boosts(strength, experience, etc), army boost/resurrection after battle, rare and unique items, and speedups

I am surprised the developers have chosen for that kind of in-app purchases. That means it's really going to be a pay-to-win game.

Those Valve games have proven that you don't need to have in-app purchases that affect the game mechanics to become massively profitable.

Yep, but p2w mechanics seems to be the most profitable on casual markets. LoL and DOTA 2 are casual/competitive market and the just can not have such mechanics
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:16:43 PM

In the open beta for Android, can we already mine coins? Or will the everything be reset ones the game launches officially?
Cauchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:22:33 PM

Now I have read the whitepaper, seems solid as far as I can tell. Reading the comments about the beta (softlaunch) is as expected for at Project in this phase. I like the quite aggressive roadmap that lies ahead.
brendan6498011

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:33:57 PM

wow,mobile player can mining coins by play games,very well,i will join it!

⚡⚡ BLN ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ BLN is a new PoS revolutionary coin 
BLN-BlackNet:POS 4.0 + DAPP + Zero-Knowledge Proof 
 BLN donate address:blacknet1kp7xfpwv9pztd9v4kskhkyheejqmsss7xq58hapkm6fmurmvwd2qcapdzy
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:39:58 PM

Its nice to have an agressive roadmap. The team will work a lot for lordmancer.
Free to play is a nice economic model, pay to win too, its more stable than to have to pay each mounth to play like for world of Warcraft.
hackis

Activity: 330

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:41:36 PM

Yep, but p2w mechanics seems to be the most profitable on casual markets. LoL and DOTA 2 are casual/competitive market and the just can not have such mechanics

That's not necessarily true. The cosmetic-only market can bring more money if it's made correctly and accompanied by a crate system - CS:GO and Rocket League are perfect examples of that. As a competitive person I can't really enjoy p2w games that much since I know that it's not all about skill. F2P model with cosmetics are generally much better.
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:52:54 PM

That's not necessarily true. The cosmetic-only market can bring more money if it's made correctly and accompanied by a crate system - CS:GO and Rocket League are perfect examples of that. As a competitive person I can't really enjoy p2w games that much since I know that it's not all about skill. F2P model with cosmetics are generally much better.

As you said competitive person/game. CS is entirely built around esport. Lordmancer will be game for casuals (and they like p2w)
digaran2

Activity: 478

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:57:21 PM

what's the different of this coin compared with common game's tokens? why it use cryptocurrency?
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:59:36 PM

LoL and DOTA 2 are competitive games, thats why they are in the eSport category and need to make sure that no stuff will affect the gameplay.
And i think this game is kind of casual or economy game.
Rigorous

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:23:13 PM

what's the different of this coin compared with common game's tokens? why it use cryptocurrency?

Actually that is a question I wonder about with many ICOs. What is the added value of the cryptography and blockchain? In some cases it's even a downside, hampering mass adoption rate.

In Lordmancer's case one of the benefits of using a cryptocurrency is stated as a way to enable real money trading:

In some regions the mechanics may cause the game to fall into a category of gambling games are regulated differently from other games. Lordmancer II only allows users to withdraw crypto tokens, so officially the game can not be treated as gambling.

But wouldn't that be the same if they were regular tokens as in-game currency? It seems like a contradictio in terminis: "it's not gambling because it's not real money, which therefore allows us to enable real money trading."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: