Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lordmancer II token sale is finished  (Read 27384 times)
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:41:07 PM

Being featured on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/upcoming-mmos-cryptocurrency-marketplace-was-inspired-b-1797874103) is a big deal! This alone should up the popularity by so much, increase player base and therefor more success. Good luck team!

This is actually very cool news being featured on Kotaku.
Maybe the game will be another push to making crypto's mainstream
Gogogo
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:59:15 PM

Being featured on Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/upcoming-mmos-cryptocurrency-marketplace-was-inspired-b-1797874103) is a big deal! This alone should up the popularity by so much, increase player base and therefor more success. Good luck team!

This is actually very cool news being featured on Kotaku.
Maybe the game will be another push to making crypto's mainstream
Gogogo

Yeah, the article on kotaku is a proof that the team know what to do. It's quite a reference for video games. I read it before to know news about new rpgs  Smiley

I hope there will be a video of PvP, I'm quite interested to see this, for me it's PvP who can keep me addicted to a game  Grin
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:11:28 PM

Shocked nice article!
This is great for this project this article. Lots of people will read this.
Great work dev! This is great publicity for Lordmancer II.

Congratz team

Best regards
stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 09:58:35 PM

Yep, I read that article and it is indeed great for improving the image of the game and featuring it to a vast audience. Should appear in the OP!

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:11:02 PM

I'll test the Game, as soon it ist possible for me. I Like those Projects with a usecase much more than all these currency and platform copies. 50% for advertising ist very good, since we saw the success of Clash of Clans. TV spots for a mobile Game and it was worthwhile...

Yeah it is the right time for mobile games on phones. Also a lot of big companies are trying to establish their brands on mobile phone because it will be the next big thing for games after PSP and Nintendo's 3DS.

Exactly, just look at Nintendo and Pokemon Go.

It's not just Pokemon Go, there are a lot of big companies trying to bring RPGs to mobile phones, especially in Japan. So this would be a perfect example with a playstyle which is already proofed by gamers around the world on PC Smiley

Cantdecide, do you know of any plans to make LC accesible/useable to other games? Creating a currency standard/exchange for all kinds of games?

Actually I don't know, but if the game rocks and player are using the coins, it could be a coin for other games too. At least it is what I could imagen. Smiley

Not so fast. There are other companies exploring the uses of blockchain. I remember having read about an ICO this week to create a cross-game currency, but I can't say it will be feasible at the level they have forecasted.

LC could indeed be used as  the default cyrrency for other games from the same devs, for sure. That would be great in order to switch one game for another - just imagine I can sell all my equipment in Lordmancer 2 to kickstart a new campaign in Lordmancer Heroes (patent pending!).

Well it would be good enough if the coins would be the main currency for the game eco system of the same devs. Everything else was just some potential future which could be possible. Anyways, it's a good first step now to give every gamer the possibility to earn some money while doing fun stuff.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:18:09 PM

I'll test the Game, as soon it ist possible for me. I Like those Projects with a usecase much more than all these currency and platform copies. 50% for advertising ist very good, since we saw the success of Clash of Clans. TV spots for a mobile Game and it was worthwhile...

Yeah it is the right time for mobile games on phones. Also a lot of big companies are trying to establish their brands on mobile phone because it will be the next big thing for games after PSP and Nintendo's 3DS.

Exactly, just look at Nintendo and Pokemon Go.

It's not just Pokemon Go, there are a lot of big companies trying to bring RPGs to mobile phones, especially in Japan. So this would be a perfect example with a playstyle which is already proofed by gamers around the world on PC Smiley

Cantdecide, do you know of any plans to make LC accesible/useable to other games? Creating a currency standard/exchange for all kinds of games?

Actually I don't know, but if the game rocks and player are using the coins, it could be a coin for other games too. At least it is what I could imagen. Smiley

Not so fast. There are other companies exploring the uses of blockchain. I remember having read about an ICO this week to create a cross-game currency, but I can't say it will be feasible at the level they have forecasted.

LC could indeed be used as  the default cyrrency for other games from the same devs, for sure. That would be great in order to switch one game for another - just imagine I can sell all my equipment in Lordmancer 2 to kickstart a new campaign in Lordmancer Heroes (patent pending!).

Well it would be good enough if the coins would be the main currency for the game eco system of the same devs. Everything else was just some potential future which could be possible. Anyways, it's a good first step now to give every gamer the possibility to earn some money while doing fun stuff.

Thats the point of it. You can play, have fun and even get some real money  Wink
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:20:53 PM

Have you noticed the development roadmap? Really short time frame and furthermore an almost complete game, ready to start. A good variety to all the other projects with nothing more than promises.
PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:38:00 PM

So, I just got finished reviewing the white paper. Wow, this game, plus the lord coin system, makes this a potentially huge market. Only thing needed will be an steady economy of loyal players who keep coming back for more. How will inflation be dealt with? Lets say lord coins reach $10 a coin, will purchasable in game content be adjusted to match the price? Do players set the bar, as far as price is concerned?   Huh

I think so! It will be just like the normal centralized, black markets except now it will be on a blockchain. I bet we will continue to see those ridiculous prices some of these items go for (but that's a whole 'nother story).

PS92

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:45:58 PM

Have you noticed the development roadmap? Really short time frame and furthermore an almost complete game, ready to start. A good variety to all the other projects with nothing more than promises.

Exactly, that's something other ico's can certainly learn from. I especially like the fact that they don't ask for a ridiculous amount of money, like all those greedy ico's do - hundreds of millions of dollars for a white paper with as of yet unproven technology.

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:47:07 PM

Its not exactly like black market cause its already implemented in the game design. So price will fluctuate with the design of the game, if you can farm a lot in a point for exemple, if you create gold very fast the price will decrease fast. So the game design will fix the price. If devs follow the economics evolution they can fix a bug in gold creation, a lot of game has bug in gold creation so it make price on black market decrease very fast.
But here its already in the game since the start, so devs will make the game with that parameter.
sserugh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:02:38 PM

I think that IT is very unusual for a game to have a crypto currency in it, that have actually done a similar game before! To have that kind of background coming in to a project like this, will surely leave its mark on the token price!
sserugh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:05:54 PM

Exactly, that's something other ico's can certainly learn from. I especially like the fact that they don't ask for a ridiculous amount of money, like all those greedy ico's do - hundreds of millions of dollars for a white paper with as of yet unproven technology.

Yea, must say one of the more promising projects out there. In many ICOs you have so many question marks of how they will do what they say, but in this one, I don't have any doubt. I will just eagerly wait for the full version, so I can play with my friends!
GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:19:25 PM

I don't understand, can an ingame currency be that easy to implement? Isn't it more susceptible to hacks ? I mean, what happens if someone finds a way to mine for coins in the game that ends up producing a lot of coins? Won't they continue to exploit the loophole and cause rapid inflation? Hmmm, I don't think a currency can be used on a game like this unless the entire game was working in a decentralized way.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:31:33 PM

I don't understand, can an ingame currency be that easy to implement? Isn't it more susceptible to hacks ? I mean, what happens if someone finds a way to mine for coins in the game that ends up producing a lot of coins? Won't they continue to exploit the loophole and cause rapid inflation? Hmmm, I don't think a currency can be used on a game like this unless the entire game was working in a decentralized way.

Sure, the stakes are high, but it's far from the first multiplayer game to have an in-game economy. But because there's real money involved (even though they claim it's not real money, but tokens) balancing, testing and monitoring is very important. Luckily they already have a lot of experience with in-app purchases from the first Lordmancer, and yes it wasn't flawless in that regard, but hopefully they have learned from it.
Elkmar

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:39:13 PM

It's not mining like when you use your GPU. It's mining while playing, in fact it's just that if you loot an item while playing, you can sell it on the market in LC. That's what I understood, so it's not real mining.

I checked the whitepaper and there is not so much about mining, the dev could give the correct answer  Smiley
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:53:00 PM

Thats the good thing. They wont start from the scratch, they only need to polish this game  Cheesy
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:04:06 AM

only 2M coins which are sale on Pre-ICO from 15M total coins  Shocked so limited
How much minimum contribution for participate on Pre-ICO?
Elkmar

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:04:13 AM

Thats the good thing. They wont start from the scratch, they only need to polish this game  Cheesy

Devs began to understand that we don't want just promises anymore. We want some results, some products already developped, we want to invest in something real.

Lordmancer II devs made the good choice waiting to have a playable product before lauching an ICO.
Johnny Carsonogenic

Activity: 537

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:24:10 AM

I simply cannot believe how much buzz I am seeing about Lordmancer, the links above surely surprised me. This is a gamechanger, lul.
Doken

Activity: 320

Spanish Translator

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:25:17 AM

I like to play MMO RPGs to mobile phone and also mine cryptocurrency. Mine cryptocurrency when I'm playing Lormancer II it's a great idea. Good luck with this project!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: