Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:29:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFLabs: May 13, 2013 [Update]  (Read 4461 times)
jayeeyee (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:30:24 AM

Original Post: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post32585

BFL_Josh

We just got off the phone with our testing facility... they will have ~100 chips in Chicago tomorrow. What configuration of boards all those are going in, I'm not sure yet as I haven't gotten that far, but I wanted to post an update. We should have more chips in Chicago by the end of the week. The chips going through mounting tomorrow should arrive in KC on Wednesday and we'll be shipping out some units then.

We are having some trouble with the new Single board and we are working through the issues now and should hopefully have a a resolution before the end of the week. Right now, the board is having trouble powering up the second bank of chips, so we are poking and prodding to figure out where the problem is and get it corrected. When we make a change to a board, we can have a revised board the next day, so it doesn't really set things back when we make revisions to an already existing board.

That said, we'll likely be creating a few Singles boards with this set of chips and a number of Jalapeno's. The expected larger quantity of chips later in the week will probably go more towards LS/S/MR boards.

Does this mean, they have chips ready for Single and Single SC integration onto the PCB (provided they fix the PCB bug they just mentioned) and finally, everyone can start rejoicing about "actual / probable" shipping timeframe?
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:40:03 AM

they will start with 100 Chips perhaps 50 Jalas or 6 Singels ....

but perhaps they get a few chips more end of the week but no more than 800 ....

mantler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:50:52 PM

God damnit why didn't I go with Avalon.  ASIC's or not, BFL is not a professionally run company.  If we had the truth the entire time, we could have made better decisions with our money. 
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:09:43 PM

Does this mean, they have chips ready for Single and Single SC integration onto the PCB (provided they fix the PCB bug they just mentioned) and finally, everyone can start rejoicing about "actual / probable" shipping timeframe?

Doubt it if the Single is 50% down on power, are they gonna ship two of those out to everyone to make up the hashrate lol?

Seems like they're still prototyping.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:19:05 PM

Yes. But if somebody is lucky, they will ship one or two single prototypes before they run out of chips. For BFL this means that the singles are shipping. It doesn't matter that all other customers have to wait several months until their supplier made new masks and did a new waver run which is hopefully better than the current prototype run.

The yield seems to be quite low with their current wafers. If not, they follow their private agenda with all those chips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:12:14 PM

God damnit why didn't I go with Avalon.  ASIC's or not, BFL is not a professionally run company.  If we had the truth the entire time, we could have made better decisions with our money.  

But if BFL told the truth, they would have less funds in their coffer and not be as far along.

What's the lesser of two weevils: Having a company make and break shipping dates, or now vow not to release any shipping dates now that they have collected all the money they possibly could, hence ceasing 95% of their past advertising campaigns? Besides on this forum, when was the last time you saw a BFL ad in the wild?

Josh = Rude
Dave = Rude
Jody = Rude
Sonny, since promising further posts and not delivering = Rude

Is it just me, or is there a pattern there?

How would you like to have a warehouse full of parts that can't be used due to design change? And yes, they are on records in stating that the warehouse is full prior to the design changes.

Question: Where do you put all the parts that should have been ordered by now to be used for the new design(s)?

Another question: Where are they going to put all those trade ins once they start asking for them?

One final question: When are they going to start asking for those trade ins to be shipped to them?

Honest Abe, one final question: Has anybody gotten an email requesting to send in their trade ins?

The writing's on the wall folks, and it ain't looking purdy?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:15:28 PM

Josh = Rude
Dave = Rude
Jody = Rude

Butterfly Labs is the "Amy's Baking Company" of Bitcoinia
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:07:26 PM

when was the last time you saw a BFL ad in the wild?

I scrolled up 4 posts.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:23:17 PM

Besides on this forum, when was the last time you saw a BFL ad in the wild?

Their shit is still out there. E.g:
http://www.bitcoinx.com/
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
http://tpbitcalc.appspot.com/

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:31:28 PM

A hundred chips a week will just make 50 x Jalapenos.

I wouldn't be putting them in anything else, the object being to get the maximum possible number of orders out of the way with each batch of chips.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:44:27 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 08:45:48 PM by PuertoLibre

Josh = Rude
Dave = Rude
Jody = Rude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjgHEctcy0

A review of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKarpJHFWmM

The aftermath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdi3LkGHVAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexQhKIx39Q

Yes, Amy's Baking Company has gained that kind of Infamy...
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:51:07 PM

A hundred chips a week will just make 50 x Jalapenos.

I wouldn't be putting them in anything else, the object being to get the maximum possible number of orders out of the way with each batch of chips.

BFLs objective is to make family&friends happy (BFL bootlickers like grnbrg and Lab_Rat already got their Jalapenos) and to create a media frenzy (shipping Jalapenos and future Single SCs to journalists & magazines - instead of paying customers).

This is where the 100 chips will go.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:08:13 PM

The reality is, the 5gh miners are supposed to be shipping, but they arent. The prototypes are done. They sent them to shills and journalists.

They might not even have ordered the further wafers they need, let alone be ready to manufacture and ship devices.

I think the odds of them actually shipping anything are dropping by the day. The only reason BFL arent insolvent is because thousands of people paid in BTC when they were like $10-20 each. Otherwise they would have long ago gone out of business and surely pocketed whatever money was left.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:12:22 PM

The only reason BFL arent insolvent is because thousands of people paid in BTC when they were like $10-20 each.

... except for that whole part where they used Bitpay and immediately received fiat for BTC.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:15:28 PM

The only reason BFL arent insolvent is because thousands of people paid in BTC when they were like $10-20 each.

... except for that whole part where they used Bitpay and immediately received fiat for BTC.

Im sure they did because they cant pay suppliers or rent or electricity with BTC. They do have a real physical location. They did make a few ASICs.

But to think they didnt keep a ton of it in pocket as they watched the value skyrocket from Jan-April is quite foolish.

They have made multi-million dollar mistakes which could have easily bankrupted them. They certainly arent spending their $ on quality PR.
Fury!

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

Superb, can't wait to laugh hard at their next promise.

btw. to be honest i am astonished that an actual "numer on the queue" is worth so much on ebay while there were nothing but advertisements from BFL.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:45:28 PM

Josh = Rude
Dave = Rude
Jody = Rude

LMAO  Cheesy I thought the same thing when I read that article  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

God damnit why didn't I go with Avalon.  ASIC's or not, BFL is not a professionally run company.  If we had the truth the entire time, we could have made better decisions with our money. 
probably because you weren't in the know enough(I wasn't either) to actually be able to order during the three minutes or so that the first batch was actually available.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

probably because you weren't in the know enough(I wasn't either) to actually be able to order during the three minutes or so that the first batch was actually available.

I was "in the know",but was blinded by BFL's bragging...............Now I'm sitting on a 2nd day order for 30GH.Kinda stuck,not going to give up now  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Fury!

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:21:48 PM

lol at "not going to give up now".

That their main motto, or so it seems.

^^
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: