Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH dumped but why hasnt BTC moved  (Read 1263 times)
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:24:08 AM

Well it's just an artificial pump.

The real deal is Bitcoin and we all know where it's headed.

Bitcoin Cash? Just another altcoin.

+1 the bitcoin cash is in order to separate the opinions that are against the protocol of core IIRC, those artificial pump are just illusions and not even useful for the stability of bitcoin cash.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:24:41 AM

So seeing as though everyone (the majority) seemd to say they were going to sell their BCH and buy more BTC then why has BTC stayed down and even down more than it was yesterday?

Where did every ones BCH profits go if not to BTC or are we attributing this to Polo

Does anyone know if exchanges like Poloniex will show a balance of BCH equivalent to BTC? It seems like they should but I am having trouble accessing my Poloniex account right now.

Didn't they do this with ETH and ETC or am I mistaken about that (I actually didn't have any ETH with them at the time).  If not then I guess we can't get any BCH for Bitcoin held on Poloniex.
worthy1 (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:26:19 AM

Many people buy btc because it's tempted by a bch promotion, most of them sell their altcoin for it, and once they get bch and end up selling then what they do is buy back altcoin, the perception of people that bitcoin will skyrocket it is not true because of this. Only responsive action to return to altcoin.

Not sure I agree with this. Alts were up whilst BTC was pumping and then they are down today after the dump, should see the reverse
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:38:52 AM

I think once the users are able to get their hands on their share of BCH, a selloff is in the making. This would trigger the price to plummet but if it has enough support or demand, then it might be able to have some value after the selling. Right now, everything is just speculation and I would simply observe from the sidelines what transpires next.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 6676

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:49:27 AM

So seeing as though everyone (the majority) seemd to say they were going to sell their BCH and buy more BTC then why has BTC stayed down and even down more than it was yesterday?

Well, I actually expected the opposite: I thought Big Blockers would sell massively their Bitcoin to buy more Bitcoin Cash and move the price down. I hoped to grab some BTC at <2500 or even 2000 $ - well, it didn't happen. My theory is that Big blockers/Bitcoin Cash fans are still not 100% confident in their currency because of the long block times, low hashrate and centralized mining that in theory could favour an attack.

But actually, I think both movements are compensating each other: The "Big blocker dumps" hold the Bitcoin price in the 2650-2750 area - a very good price considering the latest events and only 10% below the ATH -  while the Bitcoin buys by Bitcoin Cash sellers helped it to not fall below $2600. So both parties are actually contributing to the stability of the coin of the opposite side Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:52:24 AM

Where did every ones BCH profits go if not to BTC or are we attributing this to Polo

BTC will drop when people start exchanging it for fiat. BCH-BTC trades only determine the price of BCH.
Trades within the alt world only determine relative prices. When a lot of people cash out BTC for fiat, then the price will move down and vice versa.
chnchapters

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:24:16 AM

Some other sites still have not paid out BCC/BCH like CEX.io

Right now we are seeing a "fake" market on Bittrex
worthy1 (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:09:02 AM

interesting. I got mine on Bitrex pretty quickly and then sold it yesterday. Missed the pump but I only decided on getting a tiny amount of BTC anyway so not concerned when I sold.

tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:11:28 AM

interesting. I got mine on Bitrex pretty quickly and then sold it yesterday. Missed the pump but I only decided on getting a tiny amount of BTC anyway so not concerned when I sold.

I like you, actually I not interested Bitcoin Cash, but why skip it when me can receive free for sell and take some profit with this free money? But I still think very lucky when I sold this coin pumped to highest price 0.4 BTC per coin in Bittrex Grin
Knepala

Activity: 504
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:42:34 AM

Bitcoin is gowing up fast now and BCH is going down. Did one or more exchanges enable BCH withdrawels?

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:23:29 PM

Last week people were selling alts to buy BTC and withdraw to their wallets to get BCC. So I guess now are buying alts back, so that is why BTC price decrease.  Buy orders for alts on exchanges got much thicker yesterday as they were last week. 
Daisuke

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:53:47 PM

Bitcoin is gowing up fast now and BCH is going down. Did one or more exchanges enable BCH withdrawels?

I think none yet. Still no confirmations on the transaction I made. Btw it looks like only few miners are supporting BCC thats why it has a slow transaction.
shade_wrath

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:17:45 AM

Does anyone know if exchanges like Poloniex will show a balance of BCH equivalent to BTC? It seems like they should but I am having trouble accessing my Poloniex account right now.

Didn't they do this with ETH and ETC or am I mistaken about that (I actually didn't have any ETH with them at the time).  If not then I guess we can't get any BCH for Bitcoin held on Poloniex.
Initially they didn't plan to give BCH credit for BTC. Based on latest Updates they will start crediting BCH = BTC amount at time of Fork. For more details refer : https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.08.03-Bitcoin-Cash-Update/

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:04:04 AM

Right now, BTC has crossed the 2800 dollars mark. This is now a good sign for BTC to go straight to the 3000 dollars threshold. BCH on the one hand is dipping almost 50%. Thess might be signs that will tell us something about the future of these two coins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: