Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:02:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi  (Read 21575 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10217

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:13:40 AM

Flat e do you know any bch wallet for iphone wich can import a private key from a paperwallet?
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for android, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

Can you use Coinomi for inputting 12 word seed from blockchain.info backup of wallet?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
njahanbin

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:07:30 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 06:18:14 AM by njahanbin

Great information. Very helpful.

I am hoping you can help some more  Wink

I am trying to import from Multibit classic.  I have exported the private key but when I try to sweep it in Coinomi I get the following error.  What are my options?

"The transaction is bigger than what the network allows, try sending a different amount"
I suspect this is due to this wallet having lots of transacitons (was used for mining).  My other multibit classic wallets imported fine.

Thanks,
NJ

njahanbin

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:02:19 AM

Tip for Mycelium users or anyone that needs to use the Bip39 standalone tool

- Mycelium
1) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
2) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
3) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
4) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

Within the mycelium app and many other wallets there is a way to see your unspent outputs.
Within mycelium this is under the accounts > ... >show unspent outputs.

When you bring up the derived addresses in the bip39 page.  Get it to show many addresses (I did 500).  Then search the page for the public keys from the unspent output list and only sweep the private keys related to that.  That way you don't have to sweep every key to find out if there is a balance.

This saves considerable amount of time.  For some reason I had few that didn't show up even with 500 keys.  Not sure why.
manikato

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:33:00 AM

I am using Electrum wallet with 2FA. i tried to sweep the private key with Coinomi and come up with nothing. the address starts with 3xxxxxxxxxx. is this the reason that Coinomi doesn't work? anyone has the same problem. please someone can advise.

I get the BCC from Blockchain.info using BTC.com BCC wallet, people from blockchain.info can use the to claim BCC and dont need to find their private key.
Bad news is only support blockchain.info or mycelium.
"https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26"
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:55:25 AM

I am using Electrum wallet with 2FA. i tried to sweep the private key with Coinomi and come up with nothing. the address starts with 3xxxxxxxxxx. is this the reason that Coinomi doesn't work? anyone has the same problem. please someone can advise.

I get the BCC from Blockchain.info using BTC.com BCC wallet, people from blockchain.info can use the to claim BCC and dont need to find their private key.
"https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26"

I used that very process with BTC.com, and imported my 12 words seed from my blockchain.info wallet, and after I input the 12-word seed, and clicked on next, I received a dialogue box that said, "searching for positive balance, this could take a few minutes" and then soon thereafter I received another dialogue box that said  "no positive balance found."

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
mccampser

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

When you bring up the derived addresses in the bip39 page.  Get it to show many addresses (I did 500).  Then search the page for the public keys from the unspent output list and only sweep the private keys related to that.  That way you don't have to sweep every key to find out if there is a balance.

This saves considerable amount of time.  For some reason I had few that didn't show up even with 500 keys.  Not sure why.

maybe someone can help.... i have extracted already 160.000 private keys from my 12 word seed (Multibit hd) with bip39-standalone tool - but i dont know which one really containes some balance.
how do you get information of which key conatins balance ?

i import the keys via batch bitcoin-cli. on this way i can add about 35000 keys a day to my wallet.
but the outcome from the previous 160.000 keys was 0 !

over all i am not sure if this is the right way - when i add the 12 word seed to electroncash restore, i get wrong balance. my last two BTC payment are now on BCC factor 100 greater than before in BTC. (Payment of -0.01BTC befor 01/08/2017 appears after restore in BCC as -1.00BCC)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:22:47 PM

maybe someone can help.... i have extracted already 160.000 private keys from my 12 word seed (Multibit hd) with bip39-standalone tool - but i dont know which one really containes some balance.
how do you get information of which key conatins balance ?

i import the keys via batch bitcoin-cli. on this way i can add about 35000 keys a day to my wallet.
but the outcome from the previous 160.000 keys was 0 !

over all i am not sure if this is the right way - when i add the 12 word seed to electroncash restore, i get wrong balance. my last two BTC payment are now on BCC factor 100 greater than before in BTC. (Payment of -0.01BTC befor 01/08/2017 appears after restore in BCC as -1.00BCC)

I don't know the answer to your earlier question, but the latter question (in bold above) seems to be a matter of setting the unit properly.   Which would be going to menu, tools, preferences, appearance and then selecting the unit.  Mine does not have 100 x unit but it does have a 1000x unit and a 1 millionx unit 

devonbuy

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

To get your BitcoinCash (BCH) from Bitcoin (BTC) from your Blockchain wallet, you may refer to the step-by-step guide with screenshot at http://www.coinpurveyor.com/how-to/how-to-claim-bitcoin-cash-from-blockchain-wallet/.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:52:05 PM

Only now that the recent hardfork made me see the importance of the private keys, I learned the inconvenience of having Bitcoins stored in wallets like Xapo, which is the sole owner of such keys and refuse by all means to give them away. There is nothing more to wait until they fulfill their promise to grant us access to our BCH when they have it available.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:55:48 PM

To get your BitcoinCash (BCH) from Bitcoin (BTC) from your Blockchain wallet, you may refer to the step-by-step guide with screenshot at http://www.coinpurveyor.com/how-to/how-to-claim-bitcoin-cash-from-blockchain-wallet/.

I don't have access to android to verify this; however, from the article, it appears that I am currently not going to be able to claim any BCH through this procedure because I moved my Bitcoins after August 1 into other addresses.  The article says that the BCH are no longer going to be available through the blockchain.info seed if the Bitcoins are moved after August 1.

In other articles, I was informed that I should move my Bitcoins first before claiming the BCH through various BCH wallets - maybe those were other kinds of wallets?  So does that mean that when I moved my BTC (after August 1), then my BCH are completely gone from my blockchain.info addresses (wallet), or could there be another way to claim them?

Flat.E

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:25:55 PM

Flat e do you know any bch wallet for iphone wich can import a private key from a paperwallet?
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for android, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

Can you use Coinomi for inputting 12 word seed from blockchain.info backup of wallet?
I tried it with a mycelium seed only, and it did not recognize the format if I recall right. Electroncash however loaded all addresses with the bch in seconds, but that's a windows program.

I don't have access to android to verify this; however, from the article, it appears that I am currently not going to be able to claim any BCH through this procedure because I moved my Bitcoins after August 1 into other addresses.  The article says that the BCH are no longer going to be available through the blockchain.info seed if the Bitcoins are moved after August 1.

In other articles, I was informed that I should move my Bitcoins first before claiming the BCH through various BCH wallets - maybe those were other kinds of wallets?  So does that mean that when I moved my BTC (after August 1), then my BCH are completely gone from my blockchain.info addresses (wallet), or could there be another way to claim them?
Wallets that had BTC before the split, august 1 12.00UST, still have the BCH. Wallets that got BTC sent to them after the split, only got BTC, the BCH never moved from the pre-split wallets.
Moving BTC out of wallets that have BTC and BCH is a safety measure you need to take before using programs that can read/import priv.keys and claim and move your BCH from those pre-split wallets.

Electroncash worked perfect for me, the only wallet that found my "missing" address that the stand-alone priv. key retriever never produced, even if I loaded 1000 addresses. So move your BTC elsewhere and:
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.
http://www.electroncash.org/
Flat.E

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:37:09 PM

Probably has to do with the 2FA, you can use the windows program electroncash, 2FA method here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2100925.msg21023206#msg21023206

http://www.electroncash.org
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:51:35 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 10:34:53 PM by JayJuanGee

I tried it with a mycelium seed only, and it did not recognize the format if I recall right. Electroncash however loaded all addresses with the bch in seconds, but that's a windows program.

I don't have access to android to verify this; however, from the article, it appears that I am currently not going to be able to claim any BCH through this procedure because I moved my Bitcoins after August 1 into other addresses.  The article says that the BCH are no longer going to be available through the blockchain.info seed if the Bitcoins are moved after August 1.

In other articles, I was informed that I should move my Bitcoins first before claiming the BCH through various BCH wallets - maybe those were other kinds of wallets?  So does that mean that when I moved my BTC (after August 1), then my BCH are completely gone from my blockchain.info addresses (wallet), or could there be another way to claim them?
Wallets that had BTC before the split, august 1 12.00UST, still have the BCH. Wallets that got BTC sent to them after the split, only got BTC, the BCH never moved from the pre-split wallets.
Moving BTC out of wallets that have BTC and BCH is a safety measure you need to take before using programs that can read/import priv.keys and claim and move your BCH from those pre-split wallets.

Electroncash worked perfect for me, the only wallet that found my "missing" address that the stand-alone priv. key retriever never produced, even if I loaded 1000 addresses. So move your BTC elsewhere and:
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.
http://www.electroncash.org/

Thank you Flat e - but I had already done that exact method that you describe above through Electron cash.  I followed the instructions exactly, and it shows absolutely no BCH addresses in the program (even though there should have been 57 addresses at the time of the August 1 fork.

33 of my blockchain.info addresses had bitcoins on August 1, at the time of the fork.   When I do the same procedure with electrum, the electrum wallet shows 1 bitcoin address of the 57 addresses, and it does not show any other address.  That one address has no balance with the latest transaction of a withdraw of the whole address in November 2016, so that particular address would not have had bitcoins (or BCH) at the time of the August 1 fork.   Anyhow, I was thinking that the electron cash wallet might have a similar address recognition problem as electrum in that electron cash is not recognizing all of my 57 of my addresses, even if the balances happened to have been zero in terms of BTC (but they should have had BCH, and even if there were a claim that the BCH had moved after August 1, then they should have shown that too, no?

Regarding mycelium, I only recently tried mycelium just to verify if it showed my btc balances, and downloaded mycelium to my iphone, and I did reseed the mycelium wallet on my Iphone with the 12 word seed from blockchain.info and mycelium did show all 57 of my blockchain.info addresses (and transactions - currently all of the BTC addresses with zero BTC balances)

Edit:
  By the way, Flat e, I am wondering if you moved your Bitcoins from your Mycelium wallet before you seeded the 12 words into the Electron Cash wallet?  Also, I am running Electron Cash on a Mac, and I am not sure if there would be any difference in the outcome from a windows machine?

Flat.E

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:05:28 PM

Thank you Flat e - but I had already done that exact method that you describe above through Electron cash.  I followed the instructions exactly, and it shows absolutely no BCH addresses in the program (even though there should have been 57 addresses at the time of the August 1 fork.

33 of my blockchain.info addresses had bitcoins on August 1, at the time of the fork.   When I do the same procedure with electrum, the electrum wallet shows 1 bitcoin address of the 57 addresses, and it does not show any other address.  That one address has no balance with the latest transaction of a withdraw of the whole address in November 2016, so that particular address would not have had bitcoins (or BCH) at the time of the August 1 fork.   Anyhow, I was thinking that the electron cash wallet might have a similar address recognition problem as electrum in that electron cash is not recognizing all of my 57 of my addresses, even if the balances happened to have been zero in terms of BTC (but they should have had BCH, and even if there were a claim that the BCH had moved after August 1, then they should have shown that too, no?

Regarding mycelium, I only recently tried mycelium just to verify if it showed my btc balances, and downloaded mycelium to my iphone, and I did reseed the mycelium wallet on my Iphone with the 12 word seed from blockchain.info and mycelium did show all 57 of my blockchain.info addresses (and transactions - currently all of the BTC addresses with zero BTC balances)

Edit:
 By the way, Flat e, I am wondering if you moved your Bitcoins from your Mycelium wallet before you seeded the 12 words into the Electron Cash wallet?  Also, I am running Electron Cash on a Mac, and I am not sure if there would be any difference in the outcome from a windows machine?

Yes, I just fed a blockchain.info wallet seed to electron to check. It showed all transactions which were few, and the addresses too.
It was an empty wallet used twice, moved BTC hours before the fork (and the BCH with it) to android Simple Bitcoin Wallet, and 12 hours after the fork from there to android Mycelium wallet on another phone.
I only fed seeds from BTC-empty wallets to electroncash. I used it to get BCH from Mycelium of which I could not retrieve a priv.key since I never saw the address of the unspent, missed one can look at unspent addresses through options. But that was only for a forgotten 0.023 BTC/BCH, which I sent too late to the Simple BW to have the BCH moved too.
Not sure about the mac, is it on electron 2.9.2 yet? I still have 2.9.0, no more balance or use for it now.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:28:14 PM

Edit:
 By the way, Flat e, I am wondering if you moved your Bitcoins from your Mycelium wallet before you seeded the 12 words into the Electron Cash wallet?  Also, I am running Electron Cash on a Mac, and I am not sure if there would be any difference in the outcome from a windows machine?

Yes, I just fed a blockchain.info wallet seed to electron to check. It showed all transactions which were few, and the addresses too.
It was an empty wallet used twice, moved BTC hours before the fork (and the BCH with it) to android Simple Bitcoin Wallet, and 12 hours after the fork from there to android Mycelium wallet on another phone.
I only fed seeds from BTC-empty wallets to electroncash. I used it to get BCH from Mycelium of which I could not retrieve a priv.key since I never saw the address of the unspent, missed one can look at unspent addresses through options. But that was only for a forgotten 0.023 BTC/BCH, which I sent too late to the Simple BW to have the BCH moved too.
Not sure about the mac, is it on electron 2.9.2 yet? I still have 2.9.0, no more balance or use for it now.

The Electron Cash that I am using on the Mac is the latest version, 2.9.2.

I just looked at one of my BCH/BTC addresses on the BCH blockchain, and it shows that my BCH are still at that address and they have not been moved at the time that I moved the BTC off of that address.

http://blockdozer.com/insight/address/18akLArKa9oAWNCaGW9c3vH81dnhBfPyL

If you look at the same bitcoin address on the bitcoin blockchain, you can verify that I moved the bitcoins from that address on 8/18

https://blockchain.info/tx/f3f4920519786698826d5650b0f2c90b8fa31d952dc22037aa92e19dd155c233

So, yeah, it appears that all my BCH are still reachable through my various blockchain.info wallet addresses.  I just have to get to some kind of BCH interface in which I can plug in my 12 word seed and to see the 33 addresses that should have BCH on them... and then to be able to move or store them

Flat.E

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:03:09 AM

Yes, your BCH are there. Totally forgot, your electroncash is updating to the current block hight, right? Connected to electroncash.caschilla or another BCH node?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:14:37 AM

Yes, your BCH are there. Totally forgot, your electroncash is updating to the current block hight, right? Connected to electroncash.caschilla or another BCH node?

It looks like the block height is current to me.  480233  - same in the application and on the BCH blockchain.

Really, I do not believe that my electron cash is updating.  I think that it is showing currently what it believes to be BCH addresses connected with my 12 seeds.

Actually, I decided to reload my ledger and to attempt to get the BCH off of the one address that shows on there, so I was able to send the BCH from one of the 33 addresses.  1 down 32 to go. 

Maybe the easiest way would be to figure out how I could get my ledger to recognize the other 32 addresses that have BCH in them?

Unless there is a way to get electron cash to recognize those addresses with BCH in them?

Alpha12

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:50:36 AM

Trying the MultiBit Classic
Able to find and extract my Private Key.
Tried to sweep into Coinomi BCH account.  It accepts the Private Key but nothing happens.  No coins received.  Waited hours. 
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  No good.

Since, I used the Private Key to transfer all the bitcoin to a different wallet without a problem.  Tried again to sweep the BCH with Coinomi, nothing.

Not sure what to do.

yanov10

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:06:26 AM

About the last step for bitcoin core wallet:
"Sweep them with Coinomi"
Should I try each private key? I have like 94 of them.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:40:37 AM

After reading the OP and the comments that followed, I cannot but appreciate the amount of effort that has been put in making such report possible and I would suggest that if possible the topic should be bolded and kept as a sticky on the front page in other to serve as a repository for knowledge on the subject matter so that one does not get carried away by adulterated information in the process of looking for the genuine one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: