Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi  (Read 21573 times)
vdaemi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:21:28 AM

hi
i Accidentally sent bch to bcc
my seed are 18 words
i try bip39-master cant find private key
please help me
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCarlos

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:21:13 PM

is it safe to keep using the same btc address in my BTC QT after the swap?

been using my address containing bch for years therefore is registered in many places
speedt_ouch

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:18:56 PM

- Bitcoin Wallet (Android)
1) Download OpenSSL for your operation system
2) You have to make the make the backup of your wallet (on the android app), by choosing a password and then by moving the backup file on your computer.
3) Then put the backup file in the same folder where there is the executable of OpenSSL
4) Start the command line from the folder and execute this: openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in backup_file > result.txt
5) Open result.txt. You will find much incomprehensible text, but at the beginning, there will be a list of 12 words. Save them somewhere. It is the seed.
6) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
7) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
8 ) In "Derivation Path" choose "BIP32"
9) On "Client" choose "Multibit HD"
10) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
11) Sweep them with Coinomi

Update
- you can recover the seed from v3.47 or upper with https://github.com/gurnec/decrypt_bitcoinj_seed
- Some BCH could be on the private keys on son address with those settings on the bip39-standalone.html page
Client: Custom derivation path:
BIP32 Derivation Path: m/0'/1

Hi,
So I'm trying to claim my bitcoin cash using the method above, I got my list of 12 words and I past them in bip39-standalone.html
My question now is regarding the "Derived Addresses" I get in the result page of bip39-standalone.html
I get a list of 20 address [0-19] then I have a button "more rows" that shows another 20 and on and on and on it goes every time I hit the button.
In fact I dont know when it finished. I was unable to get to the end I always get more addresses.

My silly question is I must scan each and every address listed here to check if it has any bitcoin cash correct?
Every single address listed here was at one point created by my bitcoin wallet correct?

Is there any faster way to find out which of these addresses hold my bitcoin cash?
Thanks.
PEC07

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:14:13 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 04:06:41 PM by PEC07

I think I may have lost all of my bitcoins trying to follow this guide unfortunately. I followed all the steps and everything was going correctly until everything completed. I sent 0.75 BTC from my Multibit classic wallet to the Coinomi app following the steps provided in the guide here. Once everything was completed it showed the same number in BCH, 0.75, that I had sent in BTC. None of my BTC was in the wallet after that on my PC or the app, only BCH could be found and showing just a value of 1k+, 0.75 BCH there. I am worried that It just converted my coins into BCH, 0.75 BTC to 0.75 BCH. The thought of losing over 7 thousand dollars for no reason is killing me inside. If anyone here could help me I would be so grateful.

UPDATE: It has been resolved. Make sure to move your coins out of the wallet before you do this or will lose money.

The thread where I figured out my problem.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2838191.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: