Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:38:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrong Wallet Transfer  (Read 867 times)
theXcode (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:29:52 AM

I sent a bitcoin to bitcrystal. How can I get it back? What do I need to do?
Iris Linus

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:32:38 AM

I sent a bitcoin to bitcrystal. How can I get it back? What do I need to do?

where did you send it? which client did you use?

crypto transactions are irreversible normally. you can probably not get your BTC back. Sorry for this bad news
theXcode (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

I sent btc to bitcrystals wallet from bitcoin wallet.

txid: 2fd5a27d9687323d45dd8f50374c709f8a142925a8eed96bb9bfa42f977d6bb6

Polonyex change this situation?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:13:12 PM

If you sent it to someone - bitcrystals in this case - you would have to talk to them about refunding it.  It already has 127 confirmations (as of now) so they are the only ones who can help you.  Did you contact their support?

theXcode (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:20:59 PM

If you sent it to someone - bitcrystals in this case - you would have to talk to them about refunding it.  It already has 127 confirmations (as of now) so they are the only ones who can help you.  Did you contact their support?

Yes ı sent Poloniex ticket that describes the situation. Will they return my btc back?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:29:01 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 05:18:13 PM by cr1776

If you sent it to someone - bitcrystals in this case - you would have to talk to them about refunding it.  It already has 127 confirmations (as of now) so they are the only ones who can help you.  Did you contact their support?

Yes ı sent Poloniex ticket that describes the situation. Will they return my btc back?

If Bitcrystals is owned by Poloniex, then they could return the bitcoin.  Otherwise, you have to contact Bitcrystals' (whatever that is) support since you sent it to them.

I don't think Poloniex would be able to do anything if they don't own them.  It would be like getting money from the bank, giving it to someone else and then asking the bank to refund your money.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4659

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:47:26 PM

What is Bitcrystals?  I've never heard of it.

Is that an altcoin?
Is that a website?
Is that a wallet?

If it is a wallet, then you'll need to extract the private key from the Bitcrystals wallet and import that private key into a Bitcoin Wallet.

If it is a website, then you'll need to contact whomever runs that website and ask them to help you. If they are willing to help, then they will need to extract the private key from their Bitcrystals wallet and import that private key into a Bitcoin Wallet to send it back to you.

If it is an altcoin, then where did you get the Bitcrystals address from?  Whomever gave you that address will have to extract the private key from the Bitcrystals wallet and import that private key into a Bitcoin Wallet to be able to send it back to you.
theXcode (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

it is altcoin and ı have poloniex account.
When I bought my bitcoin from another stock exchange, I accidentally sent the bitCrystals (BCY) wallet instead of the bitcoin wallet.
The BCY wallet is provided to each user by poloniex.
I sent my money to bcy wallet instead of bitcoin wallet.
What can I do to get my money back?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:49:51 PM

When I bought my bitcoin from another stock exchange, I accidentally sent the bitCrystals (BCY) wallet instead of the bitcoin wallet.

• Step 1.  Stop calling it a BCY wallet or bitCrystals wallet.  It is NOT a wallet and you are only causing confusion.  What you have is a BitCrystals account at the Poloniex service.
  • Step 2.  Poloniex has the private key for the bitCrystals address that you sent to. They are the ONLY people that can help you, and if they want to help you, they can.
  • Step 3. Contact Poloniex support, explain to them that you sent your Bitcoins to the receiving address for your bitCrystals account on their service.  Ask them to please import that private key to access the bitcoins and then credit your bitcoin account appropriately. (I assume you have already done this?)
  • Step 4. Hope that Poloniex is feeling cooperative.  If they are not, then you'll have to find ways to put pressure on them to help.  Perhaps social media and other public statements about their unwillingness to give you back the bitcoins that you sent to them?

Good luck!
theXcode (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:28:42 PM

• Step 1.  Stop calling it a BCY wallet or bitCrystals wallet.  It is NOT a wallet and you are only causing confusion.  What you have is a BitCrystals account at the Poloniex service.
  • Step 2.  Poloniex has the private key for the bitCrystals address that you sent to. They are the ONLY people that can help you, and if they want to help you, they can.
  • Step 3. Contact Poloniex support, explain to them that you sent your Bitcoins to the receiving address for your bitCrystals account on their service.  Ask them to please import that private key to access the bitcoins and then credit your bitcoin account appropriately. (I assume you have already done this?)
  • Step 4. Hope that Poloniex is feeling cooperative.  If they are not, then you'll have to find ways to put pressure on them to help.  Perhaps social media and other public statements about their unwillingness to give you back the bitcoins that you sent to them?

Good luck!

I went into contact with Poloniex. Should I do something else?Thanks you for informing me.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:31:24 PM

I went into contact with Poloniex. Should I do something else?

Pray. (If you believe your god listens to you).
bitsweet1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:14:32 AM

Excuse the intrusion; by mistake, I sent a few hundred BitCrystals from the wallet on Bittrex to a my bitcoin wallet. I contacted the support, who replied: You have sent BCY to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You will need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a BCY wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BCY community for help. We can not have any further assistance on this issue.
Can you help me? Thank you :
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:43:24 PM

Excuse the intrusion; by mistake, I sent a few hundred BitCrystals from the wallet on Bittrex to a my bitcoin wallet. I contacted the support, who replied: You have sent BCY to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You will need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a BCY wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BCY community for help. We can not have any further assistance on this issue.
Can you help me? Thank you :

Where did you get the Bitcoin address that you sent to?  What Bitcoin wallet are you using?
bitsweet1

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

The wallet is bread and this is Bittrex's support response:You have sent BCY to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a BCY wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BCY community for help.  We can be of no further assistance on this issue.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:15:32 PM

The wallet is bread and this is Bittrex's support response:You have sent BCY to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You'll need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a BCY wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BCY community for help.  We can be of no further assistance on this issue.

When you created the Bread Wallet, you should have written down some recovery key words.  Those key words can be used to recover the private keys that you need to access your BCY.

I don't know anything about BCY, so I don't know which BCY wallets (if any) allow you to import the type of key words that Bread Wallet uses.  You'll need to ask in the altcoin sub-forum for help from someone that is familiar with BCY wallets.
bitsweet1

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:18:20 PM

When you created the Bread Wallet, you should have written down some recovery key words.  Those key words can be used to recover the private keys that you need to access your BCY.

I don't know anything about BCY, so I don't know which BCY wallets (if any) allow you to import the type of key words that Bread Wallet uses.  You'll need to ask in the altcoin sub-forum for help from someone that is familiar with BCY wallets.

I thank you for the answer. However, I have access to the wallet bread, I did not miss the password or anything like that. I would like to make clear the concept that I sent from a BCY wallet to a address that corresponds to a BTC address: did your response take place on the basis of this awareness? If so, then imagine, is it like having to retrieve BCH?
bitsweet1

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

We should be more careful in terms of ttransferring to our wallet. The same procedure applies like in a bank. If you value the bitcoins you earn, you should be more keen to details. I mean like the wallet address it has lots of letters and numbers right?

I also thank you for your answer. Yes, you are right, we must be careful (I speak for myself in this case) I already said it seems to me that it was wrong: it was my first token / btc exchange attempt (in the opposite case, I did not have these issues) moreover, no one has yet explained to me, how did they ever get me 54.3
  bits in BTC following that operation: mystery?
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 02:43:55 PM

Hi, if it can help you bittrex send me back my wrong transfer (without asking them) after 73 days.
bitsweet1

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:10:05 PM

Hi, if it can help you bittrex send me back my wrong transfer (without asking them) after 73 days.

A thousand thanks, good wishes. Do you mean, have I returned to the starting address? However, support has given me this answer on Thursday: You have sent BCY to a BTC address, these wallets have addresses that validate to each other, but the wallets are not compatible for receiving coins. You will need to research how to remove a private key from a Bitcoin address and import it into a BCY wallet to recover these coins. You may want to contact someone from the BCY community for help. We can not have any further assistance on this issue.
Thank you,

Tyler @ Bittrex
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:51:34 PM

. . . I would like to make clear the concept that I sent from a BCY wallet to a address that corresponds to a BTC address: did your response take place on the basis of this awareness? . . .

Yes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: