Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bcc private key addresses  (Read 569 times)
louis144 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:41:05 PM

I can get my private keys from blochain.info via the bip39-generator but this generator gives one account extended key and a list of 100 adres-private key pairs.
which adress - key pairs must i import in a bcc compatile wallet to get my bcc"s?
must i just import the de private keys of the addresses which i find in the list of the used addresses on the site blockchain.info?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:31:11 PM

I can get my private keys from blochain.info via the bip39-generator but this generator gives one account extended key and a list of 100 adres-private key pairs.
which adress - key pairs must i import in a bcc compatile wallet to get my bcc"s?
must i just import the de private keys of the addresses which i find in the list of the used addresses on the site blockchain.info?
1.Please link me to the generator you're talking about.

2.Blockchain.info does give you your private keys if your wallet is imported.In my case,it gives me all my private keys.

3.Bip39 generator doesn't work lie that.You need not freak out,wait for a while until there is a stable way to export your keys from blockchain.info wallet to get BCH.Right now,you can go the hard way buy moving your coins to an external wallet and then again moving it to the BCH compatible wallet .This process would work but it isn't less risky.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 2907

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 07:58:55 PM

Look for the address where you hold a bitcoin during segwit. but first import it into your electrum or transfer your funds into electrum before you import the private keys to BCC client so that your funds are safe..
If you are holding bitcoins there you must transfer it in the safety place. because there is some issue that their bitcoin are gone..

1.Please link me to the generator you're talking about.

2.Blockchain.info does give you your private keys if your wallet is imported.In my case,it gives me all my private keys.

3.Bip39 generator doesn't work lie that.You need not freak out,wait for a while until there is a stable way to export your keys from blockchain.info wallet to get BCH.Right now,you can go the hard way buy moving your coins to an external wallet and then again moving it to the BCH compatible wallet .This process would work but it isn't less risky.
Maybe he follow the methods here
https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Exporting-Private-Key-from-Blockchain.info-and-Importing-to-Omniwallet.org but importing it to other wallet..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 6856

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:44:16 AM

I suggest you to do the following method[1] to export your private keys direct from the address you are looking for on your Blockchain wallet.

Or if you don't understand, this guy wrote the same guide with other words in this[2] thread.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-2l6xOqcbjs9QWEqSh72RD1d8EEdvG_hQuEXw_f_o6w/edit
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2063572.0

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:15:56 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 02:58:34 AM by bL4nkcode

I can get my private keys from blochain.info via the bip39-generator
If you are referring this tool https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39 then you're safe just make sure you do it offline.

If you have funds on more than one addresses of you blockchain wallet then I just suggest you to copy the extended private key but the cons is, you can only import it on some wallet that has a feature to import private keys that begins "xprv" like electrum and mycelium, that's I only know.

But if you dont use this two wallets mentioned, then you have no choice but to import the private keys each one of your wallet address that has balance, which the private keys begins with "K" or "L", but sometimes this private keys are compressed so when you import it to X client you will get a new wallet with no balance, so you have to uncompressed it on bitaddress.org/wallet details and enter your private key that start with L/K on the textbox, and "View details" you will see the uncompressed private key which start with "5" together with address on your BC.info then import to x client. Don't forget to use this tool offline.
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:05:29 AM

the bip39-generator i talked about is indeed the generator bL4nkcode mentioned: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39
i want to use the extented private key (produced by the generator and beginning with "xprv") but the wallets electricum and mycelium does not support bcc i think or am i wrong?
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:30:19 AM

the bip39-generator i talked about is indeed the generator bL4nkcode mentioned: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39
i want to use the extented private key (produced by the generator and beginning with "xprv") but the wallets electricum and mycelium does not support bcc i think or am i wrong?
Yes, for the mean time Mycelium and Electrum doesn't support BCC/BCH. But here is the wallet that supports this coin
Code:
Wallets:
- Full node: https://download.bitcoinabc.org/
- Electrum compatible fork: http://www.electrumcash.org/
BTW here's the ANN thread of BCC/BCH https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2040221.0
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:32:25 PM

if electrum is not compatible with bcc i have a problem because i'm obligated to use the extended privated  key because blockchain.info does not allow me to see my balance address: at my balance it uses a portefeuille-id not an address.
so i'm looking for a wallet that allow me to use the extended private key (or the bip39 seed?) and support bcc.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:09:07 PM

if electrum is not compatible with bcc i have a problem because i'm obligated to use the extended privated  key because blockchain.info does not allow me to see my balance address: at my balance it uses a portefeuille-id not an address.
so i'm looking for a wallet that allow me to use the extended private key (or the bip39 seed?) and support bcc.
You can use the wallet for BCC/BCH instead on electrumcash.org. You can import your 12 recovery phrase from blockchain.info without using any bip39 converter, or if you convert it already and have on hand the "xprv" private key then you csn import it on the electrumcash wallet, it supports Windows, OSX, Linux and Android device.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:58:00 AM

You can use the wallet for BCC/BCH instead on electrumcash.org. You can import your 12 recovery phrase from blockchain.info without using any bip39 converter, or if you convert it already and have on hand the "xprv" private key then you csn import it on the electrumcash wallet, it supports Windows, OSX, Linux and Android device.
I would not advise that since electrumcash is still insecure.I don't know what's the big deal about getting private keys from blockchain.info,it's just two clicks away from the settings tab with a function to scan them to the native wallet.
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 04:20:40 PM

I've read electron cash is risky to loose your bitcoins but if you empty the bitcoins of your old wallet: is there also a risk to loose your bitcoin cash?
louis144 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:25:53 PM

i have a description of a bug that causes bcc disappaers but there is  a solution.
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/57607/why-did-my-bcc-disappear-from-my-electron-cash-wallet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: