Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:09:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it good idea to buy altcoins when they crash??  (Read 2782 times)
Igniteratings

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:27:26 PM

Price movement is very correlated across nearly all coins due to lack of realtime information on individual coins. Thus when the market is up everything is up, regardless of if it should be or not.

If its a good coin is a solid project adding value and utility then buying low and holding is always a good strategy.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:35:29 PM

From my experience, I would advice against it. A few years back, I purchased Litecoins after the prices crashed from BTC0.05 to BTC0.03. But it continued going down and after a few months, the exchange rates reached a low of BTC0.004 (I didn't waited till then. Got rid of the coins for 0.008 BTC each).
Yza_azY

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

As others have said, it depends!

depends, on why it crashed,      -> and u need info.
depends, how much it crashed, -> and u need info.
depends, is good coin.................  Depends!!!

I have buy rdd in 2015 for 0.x09, after maaaany time i sell @ 0.x07 ( real low ), but i have put 0.3btc on @0.x01..

i have buy 0.3 btc, after then was w8 maaaany time too and i have sell @ 0.x04... after 1 week was 0.x30>... lul.

My win (4x) was lose, but this is this word.

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
LifeOfDoge

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:53:17 PM

Additionally what Yza_azY said I would say for example if something like Chaincoin will crash from 6$ to 0.5$ it is really bad idea to buy in, If something like PLBT goes down from 8$ to 4.5$ it could pay off to buy in for long run.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Soutogu

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

Something that you also have to consider and i didn't see any mentions about: Be very careful when looking at a 1day or 7day chart - the coin might be down -100% but it could've surged up 500% a few days prior to that... So you're not really buying a coin that 'crashed', but a coin that had an unsustainable/unexpected growth and is not correcting its price.

For the truly 'crashed' coins - i'd personally stay away from them. They usually dont recover very well, and it might take a long time if they do.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:01:21 PM

haha I remember someone posting in Twitter that QRL is dead since it dropped more than 50% in 24 hours and only transaction you can see Sell, but when someone posted that its about to lift off, theres a sudden rush to buy and take advantage of the pump. So bottom line is when you see a dip, take advantage, buy and hold. Patience is they in trading.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:09:37 PM

crashing is the best time to buy altcoins and if you have money, try to buy some altcoins for your own. But remember, do not spend all of your money during the crash because there is a high possibility that there will be a second crash. Therefore, if you spend all of you money, you will suffer a huge loss in a second crash. As you can see, before the hard fork, the whole cryptocurrency system has been down for many day
Kray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:37:35 PM

Hello fellow members Smiley

I was browsing coinmarketcap and was looking at the most fallen coins of the week... So i saw one at -97% over one week period and was wondering it would be a good idea to invest in it and similer ones cause they are at bottom and almost can't go any more down...

Is this a good idea/strategy??

Btw i am not looking at this as long term investment, just some quick bucks by day trading kinda.

Thankss

Yes it's good, but you should know why altcoin crash and you need valid reason for this. It's not good to buy altcoin if they crashed because of coin developer abandon his project, scam other people and make sure coin crashed not because dump schemes
cryptedlife

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

BlockStarter team

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:50:27 PM

Only if this altcoin is from TOP 20 list of cryptocurrencies.

BlockStarter - a platform for launching ICO campaigns
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:59:55 PM

Maybe if the cause of the crash is because bitcoin is going too high. If the price of bitcoin levels again, the price of alts will go back up. So buying in the bottom is a good opportunity. But if the crash is because of devs dumping on you, then it is suicide to buy that alt.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:43:07 AM

I was browsing coinmarketcap and was looking at the most fallen coins of the week... So i saw one at -97% over one week period and was wondering it would be a good idea to invest in it and similer ones cause they are at bottom and almost can't go any more down...

Btw i am not looking at this as long term investment, just some quick bucks by day trading kinda.

Thankss

Depends on the cause ,why has crashed. You should check well why that particular coin has crashed. For example if you look at BURST coin it crashes from 900sat down to below 250sat, was arround 600sat for several months. And DDOS attack on the blockchain have causes the crashing. And the problem has not solved for a month.

Exotica111

Activity: 157

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:50:31 AM

Thankss

Depends on the cause ,why has crashed. You should check well why that particular coin has crashed. For example if you look at BURST coin it crashes from 900sat down to below 250sat, was arround 600sat for several months. And DDOS attack on the blockchain have causes the crashing. And the problem has not solved for a month.
I agree because when you know the main reason why the coins become crash you have an idea on how to enter in the market thant can help you to generate profit
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:52:09 AM

This strategy doesn't apply to all cryptocurrencies universally. While this technique may be useful in case of coins having large marketcap like STRATS or WAVES but kill your amount if you are considering coins with small cap which are mostly prey to big whales who pump/dump these coins and kill coins' natural market forces.
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:04:05 AM

Thankss

That is just one single sign that there will be profit later as it is already on the bottom. But it is not really conclusive. Beware of jumping into sudden buying simple because a certain coin is crashing. You might just be throwing away money in the end.

Look at the coin closely and look for new updates and projects. If you found out that it is not that working good anymore, the crash might be a sign that it will be dead soon.

It is a different story altogether if the coin involved is some great working coins. There must be some pumping soon after a crash.

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄