Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:16:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price will not crash due to MtGox crackdown  (Read 3850 times)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:17:12 PM

I think BTC price will not significantly fall because many people just fear to store their funds on MtGox and will buy Bitcoins to rapidly move money away from gox.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:19:34 PM

80% of the Bitcoin market is with MtGox and the USG is seeking to shut them down.  There is no way around a price drop.  Question is, how many people will actually get their money and BTC out in time.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:42:10 PM

80% of the Bitcoin market is with MtGox and the USG is seeking to shut them down.  There is no way around a price drop.  Question is, how many people will actually get their money and BTC out in time.

You assume the US is 80% of the Bitcoin market.  80% of the noise perhaps but I'm sure the rest of us are way more than 20% of the coin base ;-)
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:46:33 PM

You assume the US is 80% of the Bitcoin market.  80% of the noise perhaps but I'm sure the rest of us are way more than 20% of the coin base ;-)

no, 80% of the world market, roughly, is on Gox.  At least the bitcoins to fiat market.  Gox going down removes a lot of money, both fiat and coin, from the market.  Presumably the US government is seizing that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:47:40 PM

no, 80% of the world market, roughly, is on Gox.  At least the bitcoins to fiat market.  Gox going down removes a lot of money, both fiat and coin, from the market.  Presumably the US government is seizing that.

mtgox is not going down.  Worst case, they stop operating direct in US and use Coinlab so some such.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:49:12 PM

+1

Europe uses gox quite a lot (and Bitstamp). I've been off gox for while now since they told me my SEPA withdrawl would take weeks. I've been happy ever since.

more or less retired.
1bettor.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:01:27 PM

I think price eventually drops a bit. I dont think BTC is done just think it will go down then slowly rebound. Just an opinion......
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:04:42 PM

everyone chill out, in particular coinseeker... his depressing talk has been, well really depressing me recently.

this is one isolated case and one bank account. NOT ALL GOX. The issue is not that black and white...

This:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/05/15/the-feds-are-cracking-down-on-mt-gox-not-on-bitcoin/

It’s important to note here that Homeland Security is not cracking down on Bitcoin itself, just on how it’s being exchanged by Mt. Gox. This is actually good news for Mt. Gox’s US-based competitors, such as Seattle-based CoinLab and San Francisco-based Coinbase, Bitcoin exchanges that have registered with the Treasury Department as money transmitters and thus are in the legal clear to conduct Bitcoin <—> $ exchanges.

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:34:15 PM

everyone chill out, in particular coinseeker... his depressing talk has been, well really depressing me recently.

Don't blame me because you sold too late yesterday.  You were told at 119, 118, 117, 116, 115, 114, 113, 112, etc, etc.  You waited to long, sold, the market turned and you took a loss.   Take responsibility for your actions like a grown up and don't blame me.  

This is the speculation forum.  Get over it.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:44:09 PM

This is a classical example of a negative feedback within a trend, it can never change the trend nor the outcome.

Bottom line is: There is strong support at 0
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:47:47 PM

I think BTC price will not significantly fall because many people just fear to store their funds on MtGox and will buy Bitcoins to rapidly move money away from gox.

...and sell them on another exchange.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:23:51 PM

...and sell them on another exchange.

I can see this happening to a certain extent.

People have bills and in order to pay for most of their bills they need to use fiat.

Until more landlords/electric/utility companies accept bitcoin that is how it will be.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:27:22 PM

Don't blame me because you sold too late yesterday.  You were told at 119, 118, 117, 116, 115, 114, 113, 112, etc, etc.  You waited to long, sold, the market turned and you took a loss.   Take responsibility for your actions like a grown up and don't blame me.  

I'm over "it", clearly you don't know what position I was in and I don't really care if you do either way and I'm sure you don't either. I take full responsiblity.

What I don't like is your consistent negativity and attitude.

Anyway that is your problem so I shouldn't make it mine and for that I'm sorry

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:33:05 PM

I'm over "it", clearly you don't know what position I was in and I don't really care if you do either way and I'm sure you don't either. I take full responsiblity.

What I don't like is your consistent negativity and attitude.

Anyway that is your problem so I shouldn't make it mine and for that I'm sorry

Negativity?  I'm one of the most positive people on this site.  Get real.  I speculated the market would fall and it did.  Now, what does this ignore button do?   Ahhh...nice!   Wink

noedaRDH

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:51:36 PM

You mean M.T. Gox will should be EMPTY Gox? Oh boy!

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

Hmm. Seems like the time to buy is finally here Smiley

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:05:19 PM

I've got long term BTC that I never touch (no matter what).

But I've just sold all my current BTC and will sit this one on the sidelines for the next few days until this blows over.  If I have to buy back at 5-15% loss in a few days...so be it...but I have no appetite to take massive haircut if this turns into panic.

(P.S. Sitting on the sidelines at bitstamp. No way I'd keep fiat or btc in Mt Gox right now)
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:06:55 PM

But I've just sold all my current BTC and will sit this one on the sidelines for the next few days until this blows over.  If I have to buy back at 5-15% loss in a few days...so be it...but I have no appetite to take massive haircut if this turns into panic.

(P.S. Sitting on the sidelines at bitstamp. No way I'd keep fiat or btc in Mt Gox right now)

Ditto.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:08:45 PM

So shall we just assume those coins are lost because they will never be touched?  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:09:43 PM

So shall we just assume those coins are lost because they will never be touched?  Roll Eyes

I'll never touch them...my great grand kids will use them buy small countries. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: