Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:44:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards  (Read 78625 times)
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:05:15 PM

This is a pretty cool idea. What happens to unsold land?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:48:15 PM

I hope we can get some more talented 3d artists on board. I think the better we can make this look, the more interest we're going to bring in.

How do artists get rewarded for their contributions? Someone would have to hire them to work on something?

bounties are banned Wink lol

Banned how? You mean Decentraland isn't running any bounties?

Interesting. Is there any information about incentive for artists to contribute?
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:19:35 PM

I'm curious of the roadmap for the next few months. What are the developers concentrating on at the moment?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
CryptoGodLord

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:10:53 PM

I hope we can get some more talented 3d artists on board. I think the better we can make this look, the more interest we're going to bring in.

How do artists get rewarded for their contributions? Someone would have to hire them to work on something?

Interesting. Is there any information about incentive for artists to contribute?

Surely 3D artists can heavily invest in the project if they believe in it and this will make them work hard to ensure it is a successful project which will obviously significantly increase their initial investment and make them a solid profit. I think it’s a brilliant concept and the sky is the limit if all goes well. I’m reasonably invested in MANA currently and will buy some land during the next auction.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

they are active.

The Non-Fungibles Revolution of 2018
A proposal for a new standard, with critical improvements.
https://blog.decentraland.org/the-non-fungibles-revolution-of-2018-304270525b05
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:01:22 PM

What made you decide to use tokens?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:51:10 PM

Surely 3D artists can heavily invest in the project if they believe in it and this will make them work hard to ensure it is a successful project which will obviously significantly increase their initial investment and make them a solid profit. I think it’s a brilliant concept and the sky is the limit if all goes well. I’m reasonably invested in MANA currently and will buy some land during the next auction.

Yeah, I mean they're selling plots of land for real money. I don't see why someone couldn't also design a digital building/landscape and charge real money for that too.
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

I noticed that you recently got a new 3D/VR developer. Nice! Will you be hiring more?
khash4u

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:46:26 AM

Just have a look at their Github

https://github.com/decentraland

Join Binance Exchange today with instant trading on all major crypto tokens 0.1% Trade Fee.
24h Withdrawal Limit:2BTC for unverified accounts  /  Verified accounts  24h Withdrawal Limit:100BTC
BINANCE Worlds largest Exchange
Silkybit

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:01:26 PM

I hope the price of mana can reach 1$. But we really need some news. I join the telegram but find nothing. What is the next step of dev?
We really need some news about this coin. Is going down.... Any hope to pump soon
LYS Token

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:15:29 PM

Really ? somehow its already on some big exchange like bittrex
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:35:05 PM

This is a pretty cool idea. What happens to unsold land?

Does anyone know?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

I'm beginning to follow this project because I find it pretty interesting. I'm glad to see that you guys just released a new CLI editing tool that allows users to create/edit/upload scenes to Decentraland parcels. This is a huge step, congrats! I plan to get started with it later today.

I know many people aren't comfortable with CLI so I am curious if you plan on coming out with a GUI for users?

deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

Yeah, I mean they're selling plots of land for real money. I don't see why someone couldn't also design a digital building/landscape and charge real money for that too.

Oh, that would be really cool. This project is sounding more interesting after each thing I read.
khash4u

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:01:52 AM

Really ? somehow its already on some big exchange like bittrex

I am using Binance to buy this

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/decentraland/#markets

Join Binance Exchange today with instant trading on all major crypto tokens 0.1% Trade Fee.
24h Withdrawal Limit:2BTC for unverified accounts  /  Verified accounts  24h Withdrawal Limit:100BTC
BINANCE Worlds largest Exchange
CryptoGodLord

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:24:29 AM

Yes, it’s a very interesting & exciting project. People can add value to their land by developing and designing some pretty cool things and sell it off for a good profit. As LAND becomes scarce and demand increases, this will also increase LAND prices also just like in real life. This will also increase the value of MANA because people will need to buy more MANA (which is also capped a max supply) to bid higher for scarce LAND.

Also, I’m wondering if it possible for developers/designers to build a game on the LAND that they own say for example Pool Table where people can go to and play each other. Then you could take it to the next level and enable players to play against each other for a wager (MANA to be used as the currency) so people can play for money. Then the owner of the LAND/Pool Table game can charge a small fee to the player to play their game so that they now have an asset that can be making them a nice residual income. This would be pretty bloody cool.

Anyway, anything is possible in Decentraland and the sky is the limit in a 3D virtual world.

Thoughts?
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:05:47 PM

What made you decide to use tokens?

I'm still wondering about this.
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:39:30 PM

If you have been paying close attention to the markets, you would quickly realize that MANA coin was on a tear yesterday. While Bitcoin was hitting new heights almost by the hour, MANA coin was one of the few coins being pumped while the majority of altcoins were down.

Interesting and very telling. I am glad you mentioned this.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:06:15 PM

Yes, it’s a very interesting & exciting project. People can add value to their land by developing and designing some pretty cool things and sell it off for a good profit. As LAND becomes scarce and demand increases, this will also increase LAND prices also just like in real life. This will also increase the value of MANA because people will need to buy more MANA (which is also capped a max supply) to bid higher for scarce LAND.

Also, I’m wondering if it possible for developers/designers to build a game on the LAND that they own say for example Pool Table where people can go to and play each other. Then you could take it to the next level and enable players to play against each other for a wager (MANA to be used as the currency) so people can play for money. Then the owner of the LAND/Pool Table game can charge a small fee to the player to play their game so that they now have an asset that can be making them a nice residual income. This would be pretty bloody cool.

Anyway, anything is possible in Decentraland and the sky is the limit in a 3D virtual world.

Thoughts?

I think you are absolutely right in the fact that the sky is the limit and what a cool idea about playing games and charging small fees. This will add that social interaction concept that people so much desire in online games like VRchat and WoW.There will be so much room to grow and evolve this project. Just like WoW and other games, they can keep evolving and adding functionality that keeps people interested. I'm wondering if they are considering such features as well!
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:16:20 PM

ATTENTION!
DECENTRALAND IS A SCAM 100%!
PROJECT CLOSING IS COMING SOON!

Have you been keeping up with anything at all? Have you noticed that everything has been down for the last month? ETH was at ~$1300 at the beginning of Jan and now it's at ~$950. EVERYTHING IS DOWN. It's the beginning of the year! How does that even remotely indicate that this is a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: