Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:58:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards  (Read 78629 times)
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:57:36 PM

This project is unique and I still have a question. Why did you decide to use tokens for this project and what is the advantage?

I still have this question.
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:15:10 PM

I'm really excited about the new land manager that is just released in beta. I think this will be really convenient to see our parcels while also being able to sell them to others. Cheesy  Good progress!
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:13:25 PM

I'm really excited about the new land manager that is just released in beta. I think this will be really convenient to see our parcels while also being able to sell them to others. Cheesy  Good progress!

Thanks for mentioning the Decentraland land manager. I didn't even hear about it and don't remember if it was in the roadmap (then again, this is one of many projects I'm trying to keep up with). It looks extremely convenient if you have MetaMask. Literally all you do is just go to land.decentraland.org and you can view your land in relation to everyone else's.

I have a question: if I want to buy land or sell land, how do I start a land transaction?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:44:41 PM

Thanks for mentioning the Decentraland land manager. I didn't even hear about it and don't remember if it was in the roadmap (then again, this is one of many projects I'm trying to keep up with). It looks extremely convenient if you have MetaMask. Literally all you do is just go to land.decentraland.org and you can view your land in relation to everyone else's.

I have a question: if I want to buy land or sell land, how do I start a land transaction?

Not from the team but I've been looking into the land manager. Basically, to sell land you go to your land parcels using the sidebar and then click the transfer button next to it. You then put the address of who you are sending it to and click transfer.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Not from the team but I've been looking into the land manager. Basically, to sell land you go to your land parcels using the sidebar and then click the transfer button next to it. You then put the address of who you are sending it to and click transfer.

Wow thanks for this information mate I never thought it's as easy as that, I've been searching everywhere regarding this and I'm so glad that I found the answer. I really hope this project will get a lot of attention though, it seems very interesting and very user friendly. It just doesn't really have that much big of a community, when I have questions regarding this project I have to look through a lot of google search just to find the result, it took me almost 2 days to know how to do a land transaction if you didn't mention it here I think it will take me longer lol. Anyway is there a telegram group? I really want to be a part of the community.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:43:02 AM

Interesting project, i will keep close eye on it
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:57:47 PM

I'm really excited about the new land manager that is just released in beta. I think this will be really convenient to see our parcels while also being able to sell them to others. Cheesy  Good progress!

Wow thanks for this information mate I never thought it's as easy as that, I've been searching everywhere regarding this and I'm so glad that I found the answer. I really hope this project will get a lot of attention though, it seems very interesting and very user friendly. It just doesn't really have that much big of a community, when I have questions regarding this project I have to look through a lot of google search just to find the result, it took me almost 2 days to know how to do a land transaction if you didn't mention it here I think it will take me longer lol. Anyway is there a telegram group? I really want to be a part of the community.

Thank you for the help!! Also, I'm glad I could help by asking the question. Usually I rely on things like Stackexchange but since that is not an option yet, I find here to be a good place. Yeah, it's a smaller community now but I'm sure it will grow. We are the pioneers, but that has it's advantages. I am actually not sure if there is a Telegram group. I would be interested in knowing if someone finds out!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
okspam

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:36:49 PM

I'm really excited about the new land manager that is just released in beta. I think this will be really convenient to see our parcels while also being able to sell them to others. Cheesy  Good progress!

I think this is their Telegram: https://t.me/decentraland (A quick Google search.)
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:30:32 AM

ATTENTION! SCAM WARNING!

1. Where is a downloadable client? (Or it just promises before scamming)
2. Where is a registration of decentraland site? (There is only poor "blog.decentraland.org". This is just a blog, this is not user's registration form)
3. Where is an official forum of decentraland? (There is only poor "wiki.decentraland.org".This is just a wiki-page, this is not forum)
4. Where is a legal regulations documents? (Or this project - is just for lulz?)
5. Where is developers biography? (Never heard of them)
6. Why such suspectly inflated prices for parcels? (secondary virtual scam? really unique scam)

They will run away with your money - we warns you

Very interesting points you've stated here mate, but I think asking the devs themselves first will be a better way in handling this situation then jumping directly into conclusions. I do understand your confusion but I think you should ask the devs themselves on twitter they're pretty active on there. Regarding your question about the developers biography though it's pretty clear on the site who they are, their past works and what they previously achieved. You can browse their profiles on linkedin and you can search their names online, they seem to be pretty legit. I just think before accusing a project as a scam, you should make a detail information on why you think so and not just present questions that way your information will be more valid and will be more look into.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:51:25 PM

ATTENTION! SCAM WARNING!

1. Where is a downloadable client? (Or it just promises before scamming)
2. Where is a registration of decentraland site? (There is only poor "blog.decentraland.org". This is just a blog, this is not user's registration form)
3. Where is an official forum of decentraland? (There is only poor "wiki.decentraland.org".This is just a wiki-page, this is not forum)
4. Where is a legal regulations documents? (Or this project - is just for lulz?)
5. Where is developers biography? (Never heard of them)
6. Why such suspectly inflated prices for parcels? (secondary virtual scam? really unique scam)

They will run away with your money - we warns you

Very interesting points you've stated here mate, but I think asking the devs themselves first will be a better way in handling this situation then jumping directly into conclusions. I do understand your confusion but I think you should ask the devs themselves on twitter they're pretty active on there. Regarding your question about the developers biography though it's pretty clear on the site who they are, their past works and what they previously achieved. You can browse their profiles on linkedin and you can search their names online, they seem to be pretty legit. I just think before accusing a project as a scam, you should make a detail information on why you think so and not just present questions that way your information will be more valid and will be more look into.

This guy... He is constantly posting about this. I'm not sure what his purpose is, unless he's just trying to get people riled up.

I like your point. Many projects don't even reveal personal information about the team. But this team does. WHY would they do that if it was a scam when they have every opportunity not to? Makes zero sense. Decentraland is actually making progress and I really like the project because it has potential. It bugs me when people, like that guy, try to spread misinformation.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:29:14 PM

With this project, will users be able to drive the direction of Decentraland? For example, can users set up games to play with other users on land? Or rent out land for a time? Maybe even have quests and things to keep users entertained?

From my understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like users are able to drive what happens in this world. They are able to do what they want on their own land. If a subset of users want to set up games / quests / whatever, on their own land, then there is no restriction. It's just up to them to get it going. I think that's one thing about this project that I really like is that the sky is the limit.

It seems like it will be more lifelike than RPG like, but I'm sure there will be some flexibility for both. Basically, whatever you can do in the real world they want you to be able to do in the game. Like throwing a concert, or having a group therapy meeting. You could be a therapist, and set up ads for your services to be rendered in game for real cryptocurrency.
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:37:43 PM

I asked this question previously but I think it got buried. I'm still wondering. Why did Decentraland decide to use tokens? What is the benefit and how will it make the experience better for users?
okspam

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:18:38 PM

With this project, will users be able to drive the direction of Decentraland? For example, can users set up games to play with other users on land? Or rent out land for a time? Maybe even have quests and things to keep users entertained?

From my understanding, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like users are able to drive what happens in this world. They are able to do what they want on their own land. If a subset of users want to set up games / quests / whatever, on their own land, then there is no restriction. It's just up to them to get it going. I think that's one thing about this project that I really like is that the sky is the limit.

It seems like it will be more lifelike than RPG like, but I'm sure there will be some flexibility for both. Basically, whatever you can do in the real world they want you to be able to do in the game. Like throwing a concert, or having a group therapy meeting. You could be a therapist, and set up ads for your services to be rendered in game for real cryptocurrency.

I never even thought of those ideas. This is exactly why I'm so excited for this project to grow. It's driven by the users which all have really unique ideas. I doubt this would ever get boring. I wonder if they could create a place for users (maybe a blog or chat room) or something so people could communicate ideas like this and work together to make it happen.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:36:35 PM

I never even thought of those ideas. This is exactly why I'm so excited for this project to grow. It's driven by the users which all have really unique ideas. I doubt this would ever get boring. I wonder if they could create a place for users (maybe a blog or chat room) or something so people could communicate ideas like this and work together to make it happen.

At it's core, I think it's a virtual world of capitalism. If you can think of an idea or service inside the world of Decentraland, you can legitimately make money on it assuming there are enough people. If Second Life is any indicator, there are going to be plenty of people.
cr1pto

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:10:13 PM

Where can I find the most recent news about Decentraland? I'm curious how development is going and what sort of things are in progress. The roadmap is helpful, but only so much Smiley

Still wondering if there are updated schedules and details about the development process and what is next.

Me to.
Hope the DEV team is up to the task, since MANA has a huge potential if they provide "the goods" Cheesy
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:33:36 PM

When will there be multiplayer support with avatars? I think this is the part I'm most excited to see!

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:07:13 PM

When will there be multiplayer support with avatars? I think this is the part I'm most excited to see!

From the roadmap, I think it should be coming soon. Honestly, I'm not sure though and would love to know!
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:24:59 PM

At it's core, I think it's a virtual world of capitalism. If you can think of an idea or service inside the world of Decentraland, you can legitimately make money on it assuming there are enough people. If Second Life is any indicator, there are going to be plenty of people.

I think you're absolutely right. Second Life was huge too. I never got into it, but I see the appeal.
okspam

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:43:10 AM

Where is the best place to get help / tutorials for how to get started with Decentraland? Is it easiest to ask here or is there a different place to ask the community?
Labrys

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

Love seeing all the amazing work coming from the Decentraland team! Keep it up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: