Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:05:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards  (Read 78628 times)
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:42:38 PM

I'm pretty sure there will be another land sale at some point. A number of lands weren't taken in the first sale, and if they don't do another one there will be large empty spaces -- I don't think anyone wants that.

I assume they will eventually open up a new land sale/auction to distribute the remaining lands, but I haven't heard anything about when that will be.

Meanwhile land trading is happening now in the Decentraland chat's #land_trading channel. I've also seen people running personal land auctions on Reddit. At the moment, prices are high for those, so you might do better to wait for the next official sale.

I think that's what I plan on doing is waiting until the next official land sale. I bet they will have another one, but that's just my thoughts on the matter. That said, I think there are some decent deals on land in the personal auctions that I may consider.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:44:46 PM

This makes me wish I had pursued my digital design interests more than technical aspects. Not only could I be making beautiful works of art in Decentraland that could become a hallmark of the world for years to come, I could be getting paid to do it!
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:37:38 PM

This makes me wish I had pursued my digital design interests more than technical aspects. Not only could I be making beautiful works of art in Decentraland that could become a hallmark of the world for years to come, I could be getting paid to do it!

No regrets mate, everything happens for a reason. I'm sure there is a valid reason why you're currently at this point in your life. I'm sure even though you didn't pursue digital design you can still be making beautiful works of art in decentraland, the internet is a huge place, there are a lot websites where you can learn digital design and sharpen your current digital design skills. The internet has a lot of resources, if you're really passionate to learn, you're gonna find the right resources for you and you're going to make some beautiful wonders in decentraland.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:35:26 PM

I'm pretty sure there will be another land sale at some point. A number of lands weren't taken in the first sale, and if they don't do another one there will be large empty spaces -- I don't think anyone wants that.

I assume they will eventually open up a new land sale/auction to distribute the remaining lands, but I haven't heard anything about when that will be.

Meanwhile land trading is happening now in the Decentraland chat's #land_trading channel. I've also seen people running personal land auctions on Reddit. At the moment, prices are high for those, so you might do better to wait for the next official sale.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the private auctions in the land trading channel. I will definitely be checking that out.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 05:00:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the private auctions in the land trading channel. I will definitely be checking that out.

I am just learning about this as well. Can someone provide a link? Is this for slack?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:16:39 PM

No regrets mate, everything happens for a reason. I'm sure there is a valid reason why you're currently at this point in your life. I'm sure even though you didn't pursue digital design you can still be making beautiful works of art in decentraland, the internet is a huge place, there are a lot websites where you can learn digital design and sharpen your current digital design skills. The internet has a lot of resources, if you're really passionate to learn, you're gonna find the right resources for you and you're going to make some beautiful wonders in decentraland.

I completely agree with this. You can learn anything CS related online with YouTube tutorials. Take some of your free time and dedicate it to learning. I doubt you will regret it!
rdix

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:47:51 PM

I am just learning about this as well. Can someone provide a link? Is this for slack?

It's in Decentraland's RocketChat at https://chat.decentraland.org . After you join, look for the #land_trading channel.
rdix

Activity: 44

Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 07:52:33 PM

I know what you mean.

Actually a secondary market has already sprung up in Decentraland for programmers as well as 3d artists. The first versions of the world will primarily contain low-poly 3d models (no scripting). But the next iteration will support scripting using TypeScript (type-safe Javascript). I already know some developers who are getting paid to prototype apps/games for Decentraland land owners, using Javascript & AFrame technologies.
Ale75Opus

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

I like all the projects that can take us to virtual reality. But still, MANA is different from all existing projects that are involved in this
Ale75Opus

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:44:14 PM

I know what you mean.

Actually a secondary market has already sprung up in Decentraland for programmers as well as 3d artists. The first versions of the world will primarily contain low-poly 3d models (no scripting). But the next iteration will support scripting using TypeScript (type-safe Javascript). I already know some developers who are getting paid to prototype apps/games for Decentraland land owners, using Javascript & AFrame technologies.
This is a great idea! This would be a great opportunity for all artists. With this project art will develop well Grin
SweetHodler

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:28:03 AM

can somebody please provide me with a link to the game? I would like to try it out... Can I still buy land? Is a parcel worth 5k MANA?
stan86

Activity: 1092
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:23:16 PM

We're very excited to introduce @myetheremon on Decentraland!
The team here at Decentraland is happy to announce an Etheremon integration with Decentraland! Etheremon is a crypto-collectible game revolving around digital monsters that users can discover, buy, sell, train, evolve, and battle against other monsters. This will be one of the first projects built using our developer SDK.
Read the full announcement here:
https://blog.decentraland.org/introducing-etheremon-on-decentraland-cb440fa873b4?gi=f7ca6667c2ca
https://twitter.com/decentraland/status/968913627406221313
cr1pto

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:32:08 PM

There's a new ICO for a project named CEEK VR that's currently ongoing, which, according to CryptoRated is comparable to Decentraland. What do you guys think of it?

https://cryptorated.com/ico-rating/ceek/

I have never heard of it before. I'll read up on it, thanks for the link.

I just noticed that Decentraland added a new blog post for project updates today. Check it out if you've been wondering what they are focusing on:
https://blog.decentraland.org/decentraland-project-updates-february-12-5e2fe9133ac4

It looks like Decentraland is still better. CEEK's Telegram is full of auto-added members, and bots. Can't expect any real interaction there.

No Github and auto added members? Yikes.   Undecided I didn't think CEEK looked very good at first either but now that you guys mention that, I feel reassured that it isn't. Maybe in the future they can make some progress, but for now I am going to stick with Decentraland which I think has a very promising future. They give us the Github and keep us updated regularly with some new feature. Also, the possibilities are endless with Decentraland.

Yeah that's a very good decision mate, right now it's better to just stick with decentraland. CEEK isn't really that trustworthy at the moment, they still have a lot to prove before they can compete with decentraland. They still really need to level up their project and add more features, the devs of that project seems nice though so I hope they can really pull it together and create a great project. I have to agree with you on that, the dev team of decentraland are really active and they seem so fast to inform us on what's been happening with the project at the moment that's why the community really trust them. Exactly, with decentraland everything that you can create depends on your imagination, so if you have a great imagination then you will be pretty successful at decentraland.

Totally agree, for now I am staying with the workable product.
MANA is already way ahead of CEEK, and the team isn't stoping
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:47:56 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2018, 01:58:26 PM by FandangledGizmo

Saw the news that Etheremon will be in Decentra, haven’t played it, but think it’s a great initiative. Has the potential at least to be a hugely popular game. Good announcement.

https://blog.decentraland.org/introducing-etheremon-on-decentraland-cb440fa873b4

The new Spielberg VR movie out in March should also bring a lot of positive attention.

I think you should post a list on website of other projects that are building in Decentraland.

Obviously AR has a big future too but there is potentially some overlap, like you could ‘favorite’ outfits/products in VR and then your AR could highlight them if you happen to come across them in the real world. So Decentra could possibly look to partner with AR/VR focused companies so Decentra can leverage the AR trend too.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:49:13 AM

Also FunFair (FUN) is going to Beta March/April. ($300 Million valuation)

They are currently looking for initial partners.

Sounds like an ideal partnership for Sin City in Decentra.
onionpealer

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:18:48 AM

can somebody please provide me with a link to the game? I would like to try it out... Can I still buy land? Is a parcel worth 5k MANA?

As far as I know the game is still in development and not available yet. Whether 5k per 10mx10m parcel of land is worth it is up to you, think of it as an investment I'm sure you could sell it for more in the future.

Decentraland is still under active development. We’re aiming to provide three experiences across several devices: you’ll be able to visit Decentraland from a mobile device, your desktop browser, and through a VR headset. For progress updates and news please visit our blog https://blog.decentraland.org/.
https://docs.decentraland.org/docs/frequently-asked-questions
filsid

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

TOKPIE

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

Decentraland Project Updates — March 5th
https://blog.decentraland.org/decentraland-project-updates-march-5th-139514fc86d8

Technical Developments
Our engineering team has had a busy couple of weeks, so we’d like to give you all a quick look into some of the more technical progress that’s being made on the Decentraland project.

The team is hard at work putting together the Developer SDK. Just this past week, they’ve added support for Node.js server-side scenes, which is one of the first milestones on the path toward enabling developers to build multiplayer scenes in Decentraland. They have also been focusing on optimizing the efficiency of peer-to-peer interactions in VR mode and have been improving different input methods, like VR controllers, mice, keyboards, and mobile devices. Considerable progress has also been made in broadening our compatibility with A-Frame by adding additional A-Frame entities.

We have also been addressing some of the smaller, yet significant, details like improving the realism of Decentraland’s sky, sun, and even fog! Our engineers have also added the ability to present a first-person view of your verified crypto-collectibles. These small details like atmosphere and lighting all add up to create an a more immersive experience.

Shifting focus to developments in the Marketplace: we have begun adding a functional “wallet page” where you will be able to view all of your digital assets in one place, along with a new activity page where you should be able to track all of the transactions you’ve conducted in Decentraland. These are just a couple examples of a series of advancements in the user interface and experience of the secondary tools we plan to provide alongside the main Decentraland client. We’ve also deployed a marketplace contract on Ropsten and are conducting audits and tests of that functionality.

We have also re-deployed Decentraland’s LAND contract after integrating some very useful community feedback on the ERC 721/821 standard. Finally, the team is working on adding the ability to manage changes in IPNS (the naming system for IPFS, the decentralized content distribution network supporting Decentraland) without having to re-deploy entire smart contracts.

The team is continually hunting down bugs to fix and processes to optimize.

Etheremon Integration
Last week we introduced an exciting integration with the crypto-collectible game, Etheremon. Their team is going to be piloting our developer SDK while building out the Etheremon integration for Decentraland. We plan for this to be the first of many crypto-collectible game and dApp integrations, and are excited to start putting tools into the hands of other developers interested in creating content for Decentraland.

Designing Genesis City: Korean and Chinese Translations!
Last week, our Product Lead wrote a discussion of the philosophical and technical decisions behind Genesis City’s roads. He examined some of the interesting usability and design considerations we faced when laying out the virtual road system, so if you are interested in learning more about transportation, content discovery, and LAND value then check out the post here.

cr1pto

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:23:41 PM

Saw the news that Etheremon will be in Decentra, haven’t played it, but think it’s a great initiative. Has the potential at least to be a hugely popular game. Good announcement.

https://blog.decentraland.org/introducing-etheremon-on-decentraland-cb440fa873b4

The new Spielberg VR movie out in March should also bring a lot of positive attention.

I think you should post a list on website of other projects that are building in Decentraland.

Obviously AR has a big future too but there is potentially some overlap, like you could ‘favorite’ outfits/products in VR and then your AR could highlight them if you happen to come across them in the real world. So Decentra could possibly look to partner with AR/VR focused companies so Decentra can leverage the AR trend too.

With doing that, more people will know about the project Cheesy
And also open new chances for additional partnerships
wolfofbittrex

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

MANA was listed on CoinGenome https://coingenome.com/coin/mana

I've been following it closely and the past week has been brutal. Any updates coming?
erc20_exchange

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:30:33 PM

Hello, Decentraland community!

MANA trading is now available on ERC20 DEX. Good trading to all of you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: