Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MANA]Decentraland Tokenized VIrtual Reality with Open Standards  (Read 78597 times)
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 06:23:08 PM

I see a lot of talk going on about MANA on youtube recently also I see more and more people are starting to show interests to this project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tonisim

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:01:39 AM

Integrating Sprites into Decentraland Scenes
Learn how to add sprites to your Decentraland scenes in this quick developer tutorial
https://decentraland.org/blog/tutorials/integrating-sprites-into-decentraland-scenes
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:39:51 PM

Hi, I heard about Decentraland as blockchain-based VR game where you can build your own virtual world, am I right?
If yes I would like to know how to start? I would like to buy some lands - how much could it cost to make it? Are ready tools or it needs programming skills to build?
I will be gratefull for your help!

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:42:42 PM

You are right, you can build your own property in virtual space. I also have recently picked up tokens which probably are required to buy land and everything you need to build. Virtual reality is next big thing because its usage in marketing specially is going to be seen at large scale. I don't know much about this project specially but have seen good recommendations that motivated me me to step into this space.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:01:41 PM

Discover Decentraland’s Tutorials https://thecreativecrypto.com/discover-decentralands-tutorials/
Interested in creating on blockchain’s premiere 3D world? Decentraland has been building out their resources for those who want to engage and build on their virtual and tokenized ecosystem, all available on the dedicated tutorials page. From video walkthroughs to comprehensive guides concerning digital objects and how to create them, the team has gone to full lengths to make Decentraland an accessible crypto-universe.

rdix

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:03:58 AM

Hi, I heard about Decentraland as blockchain-based VR game where you can build your own virtual world, am I right?
If yes I would like to know how to start? I would like to buy some lands - how much could it cost to make it? Are ready tools or it needs programming skills to build?
I will be gratefull for your help!

Yes, It's pretty easy to get started in Decentraland. The basic process is:

1. Have a look at the various land parcels available in the marketplace at https://market.decentraland.org/

2. Get enough MANA to buy the parcel(s) you want. MANA is traded on many different exchanges, and then buy your land.

3. Come up with an idea or a design for what you want to put on your land. You might partner with a 3d modeler or a programmer if you want to do something complex. Or just buy some 3d models from an existing marketplace and use those.

4. Download the Decentraland SDK from https://developers.decentraland.org/ and start experimenting. By the way, you don't need to own land to play around with the SDK and build scenes. You only need to own land if you want to upload something to the shared VR world.

Keep in mind that the SDK is still changing, and the alpha client isn't live yet. But it won't be much longer until they are finalized. Decentraland has been really good about hitting their milestones so far.

Good luck!

rdix

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

Blockchain dev, game dev, cryptocurrency investor.

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 07:08:09 AM

I should add that Decentraland Land parcels have been a really good investment for some traders. Land values don't necessarily follow the crypto markets, so it's not a bad way to diversify your portfolio.

Here's some more advice from Mat from DCLBlogger.com, who has made over $150K trading virtual land in Decentraland: https://farsightpodcast.com/2018/10/10/decentralands-top-virtual-land-trader-mat-from-dclblogger-com/
Splin V
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:54:32 PM

Introducing Agora v2: Get ready to cast your vote

https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/agora-v2-announcement

elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:09:26 PM

The Decentraland SDK Workshop
We’re co-hosting an SDK workshop for South Korean Developers with the Next Reality Partners Program
https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/the-decentraland-sdk-workshop
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 08:49:01 AM

Vulnerability Disclosure: LAND, October 2018
https://decentraland.org/blog/technology/vulnerability-disclosure-LAND

Last week, the security team at Decentraland responded to a vulnerability report from Agustín Aguilar regarding a bug in the LAND smart contract. The issue has been fixed and we can confirm that no LAND parcels were actually affected. This summary contains the technical details of the event.
NrX

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 10:22:01 AM

I finished reading the report on discovered bug and its fixing so quickly upon reporting.Much more I appreciate making it public to let the holders and supporter know about this incident to make everything transparent. Decentraland has gotten lot of attention recently since smart contracts are still new these discoveries should be taken normal but need to be ready for fixings.
Alexbt

Activity: 542
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 02:59:24 PM

Decentraland Partners with RCN to Launch On-Chain LAND Mortgages
Use the Ripio Credit Network to request and fulfill loans for LAND!

https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/decentraland-rcn-launch-land-mortgages
fishervwb

Activity: 445
Merit: 39

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:37:55 PM

Introducing Axie Infinity on Decentraland
Embark on an Axie scavenger hunt across Decentraland, earning loot and experience
https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/introducing-axie-infinity-on-decentraland
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:33:44 PM

Mana's performance is still strongly tied to btc swings. Btc seems to dictate market confidence. Good thing is that more people will hold their mana, (so they can use in auction), instead of selling which means more than usual amounts of mana will be taken out of supply. Should bring mana above 10 cents again. I hope, for the sake of everyone participating in the auction, mana stays under 20 cents.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 09:38:26 AM

It seems that popularity of platform is rising: Somebody bought 126 piece of virtual land for $215,200!
It is equal to ~2 450 000 MANA tokens.
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 03:03:37 PM

There's a lot of possibilties within decentraland, some can generate money, others dont. It's kinda hard to summarize all potential, but if you look at the documentation or the discord server there is a lot of information.
siwakotisaurav

Activity: 577
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 11:12:04 PM

There's a lot of possibilties within decentraland, some can generate money, others dont. It's kinda hard to summarize all potential, but if you look at the documentation or the discord server there is a lot of information.

Is there any product already after few years? How can I actually see this VR world? I have Oculus Rift and PS4 VR headsets.
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 04:35:42 PM

Agora: Results & New Polls
Review Agora’s first round of results and check out the new open polls

Two weeks ago, we opened the first two public polls on Agora, Decentraland’s public voting platform. The first two questions covered the removal of the Pause() function in the MANA smart contract, and the scheduling of a second public LAND auction.

As of today, November 12th, 2018, at 11:00 AM Eastern Standard time, the first two polls are closed. We are excited to share the final results, and introduce the next two questions that the community will be voting on.

https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/agora-results-and-new-polls
gerymakgyaer

Activity: 422
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:26:59 PM

Decentraland’s Second LAND Auction https://decentraland.org/blog/announcements/announcing-decentralands-second-land-auction
Announcing the date and format for Decentraland’s upcoming LAND auction
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:01:37 AM

The developers said there is an 8% inflation rate per year. Meaning they will print more MANA every year into circulation so maybe when the 2.6B cap is reached they stop printing MANA?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: