Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX Almost Back up  (Read 1835 times)
Zman0101 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:35:05 PM

Verify your account NOW.

https://claim.mtgox.com/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:37:09 PM

I keep getting the following error:

"The password for this account is invalid, or this account is not currently under claim process."

I know my password worked and was unchanged up to the point that mtgox drop the service so its not a password changed issue.

Anyone else getting this error?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Zman0101 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:38:46 PM

"The password for this account is invalid, or this account is not currently under claim process."

I know my password worked and was unchanged up to the point that mtgox drop the service so its not a password changed issue.

Do you have money in your account? If the account was empty... i would just make a new account. Otherwise send a ticket into the MTGox helpdesk.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:44:12 PM

Yes BTC and $

I wouldnt worry bout the old account if it wasnt for that, surely thats the reason for claiming accounts.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
matt_b

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:45:16 PM

Nope. I was able to submit the update form without any problems. Good luck!
Salain

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:07:29 PM

I was also able to submit the form and 3 forms of proof without problem.  Pretty thorough... wonder to what extent they will be evaluating them by hand.
shockD

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:32:34 PM

I submitted the form without issue although I hit the final submit without attaching any proof as I was hoping I wouldn't need it.

No word just yet, but it hasn't been that long. Any of you folks have access to your account restored yet?
Mr2001

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 05:37:35 PM

Yes. This sucks. Who do I contact about it?
Zman0101 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:21:27 PM

Gox is loading a patch to fix this issue. Id try it again.
kodaz

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:33:33 PM

Looks like their claim site is being inundated.

Server connection keeps resetting. Probably 1000 people submitting and resubmitting to get their claims in.
 Roll Eyes

bbjansen

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:38:30 PM

Server connection keeps resetting. Probably 1000 people submitting and resubmitting to get their claims in.
 Roll Eyes

Why is it so hard for them to do this right. If you know your server(s) can't handle 1000-2000 form requests at a time than be creative and do it per continent or area. For example only allow people in North America to submit the first 3 hours, than people in Europe, than Asia, etc. I have seen many businesses do this before and I have done it before too when I had to enable a mass password reset on my website/online game which had 34000 accounts.
Bitslizer

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:39:38 PM

just wonder when will trading resume... hope the bottom don't drop out...
Zman0101 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:40:32 PM

ahhh give them a break bro... They are trying. We learn from doing.
thecount

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:46:30 PM

Yes. This sucks. Who do I contact about it?
Our best bet is probably to submit a support ticket (support.mtgox.com). It should hopefully work as a "vote" towards a fix.
bbjansen

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:49:07 PM

ahhh give them a break bro... They are trying. We learn from doing.
Are you kidding me? I see people say this so many times on this forum when the topic is about Mt. Gox's crash/hack. We can't give them a break because they are handle REAL MONEY. If this was some stupid game and the money was just virtual shit that isn't worth anything in the tangible world than yes I would agree no big deal; give them a break. But they are handling mass amounts of real USD. REAL MONEY. You can't give them a break. When you launch a business/website like Mt. Gox on the first day your website and security should be fucking perfect.

Imagine someone starting a bank and keeps all your life saving. Someone hacks your account and all the customer bank information gets leaked. Would you say "give them a break bro..." FUCK NO. You would be insanely pissed, never use them again, and probably sue them.

Mt. Gox is getting to easily away.
kodaz

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:52:04 PM

though I agree in principle to some of the above, that was just a little over the top.

If they fix it right, though it may take time, they will remain a solid trading platform, and likely the major BTC value indicator.  Wink
anybodyelseNOW

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:53:21 PM

But who i'm that i trust my bitcoins to mtgox now! Did they cleaned up the hole story?
EyeRis

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:57:20 PM

Roll Eyes

Why is it so hard for them to do this right. If you know your server(s) can't handle 1000-2000 form requests at a time than be creative and do it per continent or area. For example only allow people in North America to submit the first 3 hours, than people in Europe, than Asia, etc. I have seen many businesses do this before and I have done it before too when I had to enable a mass password reset on my website/online game which had 34000 accounts.

Even so this would result in a DDOS style attack you are still getting requests from the users, you are denying them access to the page but you still had to accept the request to begin with. So they use much less bandwidth with that tactic but it could still be an issue.

Also it might ACTUALLY be a DDOS attack. im sure the guy who crashed the market probably doesn't like what is happening
bbjansen

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:59:06 PM

No you can redirect people to different DNS's depending on their location. A professional website/team would be able to make a system like that within a few hours...
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:59:26 PM

But who i'm that i trust my bitcoins to mtgox now! Did they cleaned up the hole story?

I'm that who trust but bitcoins now in your hole!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: