Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:03:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: nicehash.com vs zpool.ca vs miningpoolhub.com - And the winner is...  (Read 14584 times)
pikachuy (OP)

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:16:21 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 08:03:22 PM by pikachuy

Well, I decided to do a test, once and for all to see which auto-profit switching site was best. I hear pros and cons of each site and wanted to see based on facts, which site gave higher profits regardless of what people say. At the end of the day, it's what ends up in my BTC wallet that matters.

So for this test, I bought 3 Baikal Giant+ 5 Baikal Giant+, and each will have its own BTC address so there won't be any mixed coins.

All of the test will be auto exchanged to BTC according to their site’s system to see which one does it better.

This test will be run all at the same time simultaneously, under the same network/internet, same location, same setup/ventilation, each with its own same HP server power supply, so there isn't much variable.

nicehash.com and miningpoolhub.com has Quark, Qubit, x11, x13, x15 for its auto profit switching, but zpool.ca also has x14 and was included in my test for completeness since it supports it.

This test will be done over a 7 day period, which should be enough I believe to show the results/outcome and a winner! At the end of the 7th day (or longer duration if needed), I will post the final BTC wallet balance that it made from each site.

So… 8/19/2017 is Day 1, and the suspense begins…

The following will be running:

Baikal #1 - Nicehash
Baikal #2 - Zpool
Baikal #3 - miningpoolhub
Baikal #4 - Nicehash custom pricing profit trigger + Zpool + Nicehash as backup
Baikal #5 - Nicehash custom pricing profit trigger + miningpoolhub + Nicehash as backup

Disclaimer: I am no way involved nor affiliated with nicehash.com, miningpoolhub.com, zpool.ca. Just a curious person that wants to help out the community =)

AND THE WINNER IS......
CLEARLY ZPOOL.CA
CLEAR LOSER IS NICEHASH.COM

Un-cashable means that it did not meet minimum amount for nicehash to withdrawal, so I added the amount manually

Conclusion: Even with all the talk about zpool.ca taking 20% or what not, for me, it still comes out on top, so that just proves that zpool is more profitable for multi-algo switching as you can see the final amount received in the BTC wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:00:12 PM

exciting, I don't know what's Baikal Giant+, if it can mine BTC directly, it would better to add another one to mine BTC and compare the results.
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:34:35 PM

exciting, I don't know what's Baikal Giant+, if it can mine BTC directly, it would better to add another one to mine BTC and compare the results.

Baikal Giant+ is a multi-algorithm miner, here is their website: http://www.baikalminer.com/product06.php

It mines Quark, Qubit, x11, x13, x14, x15 algorithm.

Their main selling point is it can mine multiple algorithms and choose the highest profit at the time. That is why I am putting those 3 sites to the test, to see which auto-profiting site works best. I am assuming whichever wins, we can determine that their auto-profiting will be superior than the others, but if they are close together in profits, then they will be equally comparable with a +-5% variable I'm guessing. But if 1 pool is drastically lower profits then the others, then we can come to a conclusion to stay away from that pool. LOL

Also, to mine BTC, you would need SHA-256 algorithm miner.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:35:27 PM

Oh damn i'm going to watch this thread for sure.  BETS ARE OPEN:  im voting mining pool hub
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:47:05 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2017, 02:08:09 PM by generalt

Thanks for doing this experiment.  In my mind I would think nicehash because you are switching directly to the most profitable coin and getting BTC credited immediately whereas the other two you have to wait for the alt coin to mature and then you have to wait for the exchange and we know as that happens the price changes.  It may change for better or it may get worse who knows.  Of course nicehash also charges a big fat 3% too.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:50:55 PM

Thanks for doing this experiment.  I my mind I would think nicehash because you are switching directly to the most profitable coin and getting BTC credited immediately whereas the other two you have to wait for the alt coin to mature and then you have to wait for the exchange and we know as that happens the price changes.  It may change for better or it may get worse who knows.  Of course nicehash also charges a big fat 3% too.

The competition would be around zpool and miningpoolhub and I think zpool would have the better results.
Nicehash is just attracting a lot of beginners to their pools but have larger fees.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:11:46 PM

Thanks for doing this experiment.  In my mind I would think nicehash because you are switching directly to the most profitable coin and getting BTC credited immediately whereas the other two you have to wait for the alt coin to mature and then you have to wait for the exchange and we know as that happens the price changes.  It may change for better or it may get worse who knows.  Of course nicehash also charges a big fat 3% too.

The competition would be around zpool and miningpoolhub and I think zpool would have the better results.
Nicehash is just attracting a lot of beginners to their pools but have larger fees.

I think if the general overall price of all alts are rising you will do better on zpool or mph, but if they are dropping you would do better on nicehash since the multipools are really just chasing the high prices.  It's just a theory and lord knows I've been wrong many times before but I'm looking forward to the results.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
scavern

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:20:57 PM

I have mined on all 3 of those pools with my Baikal Giant and I had the most payout with Nicehash over the same time period.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:44:12 PM

I have mined on all 3 of those pools with my Baikal Giant and I had the most payout with Nicehash over the same time period.

But did you mine all 3 at the exact same time simultaneously? That is the key here, because if you mined each of those 3 at different time frames even though if they are for the same duration amount, the price varies from day to day.
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:56:30 AM

Could you post your daily results to the thread?  I would be a great service to the community

Thanks

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:35:50 AM

Could you post your daily results to the thread?  I would be a great service to the community

Thanks

I was planning to do that but miningpoolhub.com doesn't have a public stats page, also, posting daily results wouldn't be efficient since each of them have their minimum threshold for BTC auto-exchange/withdrawal. So some days, it might be 0 BTC.
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 03:58:32 AM

I think you should compare total earnings, not withdraws since each pool has different minimum withdraw threshold.  In any case, you are doing a great service to all new miners,  your effort is highly appreciated. 

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:12:41 AM

I think you should compare total earnings, not withdraws since each pool has different minimum withdraw threshold.  In any case, you are doing a great service to all new miners,  your effort is highly appreciated. 

I am doing total earnings, which was why I stated: "At the end of the 7th day (or longer duration if needed), I will post the final BTC wallet balance that it made from each site."

Worst case, if it didn't meet the minimum withdraw threshold, then will just need to wait on Sunday because that is when they usually withdraw any remaining small balances or I'll just manually withdraw after testing period is done.
r0mro

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

What are the results? The week has passed. I'm really curious.
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:55:30 PM

One of the power supplies got faulty so it ruined my test, since all did not have equal uptime. Waiting on a replacement before I can re-test again.

P.S. This is one of those times I wished I order extra parts as a back up...
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:28:38 PM

One of the power supplies got faulty so it ruined my test, since all did not have equal uptime. Waiting on a replacement before I can re-test again.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to hear that.  can you post earnings up to the failure ?
Graxx

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:43:34 PM

I am using the new Baikal Giant Plus, so I cant wait for the results!
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:19:07 AM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry to hear that.  can you post earnings up to the failure ?

It's hard to pinpoint when it actually failed, since I was away for the weekend and was going to finalize this test and calculate how much BTC each site gave to each of the wallets. That's when I noticed that one of them wasn't running, so the data would be irrelevant.

Also, does anybody know how to configure a Baikal miner for Nicehash? I followed this link: https://www.nicehash.com/?p=news&id=114
but it stays on mining just 1 algorithm. Any ideas?

That is how it works, it mines the most profitable algorithm at that time, it does not mine all the algorithm's at the same time.
pikachuy (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:40:28 PM

Well, finally had time to replace the power supply, and set up 2 more Giant+ for a complete test of 5 different Giant+ simultaneously. See original post for changes/update.
Jalapan

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:39:12 PM

Well, finally had time to replace the power supply, and set up 2 more Giant+ for a complete test of 5 different Giant+ simultaneously. See original post for changes/update.

if you have more miners cant you include prohashing.com aswell in your tests Smiley?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: