Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOST btc  (Read 549 times)
SmartW (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:25:54 PM

Closing the BTC-e will have a good impact on the course. Because this btc never go back in reality. I wonder what is  the number of lost bitcoins, to which there is no access for one reason or another?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArthurY

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

I love BTC

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:27:58 PM

Closing the BTC will have a good impact on the course. Because this btc never go back in reality. I wonder what is  the number of lost bitcoins, to which there is no access for one reason or another?

That's impossible know. Maybe average value possible to say
Satoshi Nakomoto he has 1 000 000 BTC
Maybe if he not has access for them anymore
Or maybe he has keys
Hmmmm

BTCBTCBTC
 Cool Cool

Sophisticated Investor
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4483

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:33:34 PM

Satoshi once said that if you lose your private keys, don't consider the coins lost.

Consider them donated  to the community because everyone else's coins will be worth more.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:11:28 PM

Satoshi once said that if you lose your private keys, don't consider the coins lost.

Consider them donated  to the community because everyone else's coins will be worth more.

How it possible to consider bitcoin kept in the wallet considering as bitcoin lost when forgot the private me key. It will be stagnated in one place and become unused bitcoin right. If you enough amount with you donate some amount to me.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:14:57 PM

Closing the BTC-e will have a good impact on the course. Because this btc never go back in reality. I wonder what is  the number of lost bitcoins, to which there is no access for one reason or another?

I have heard that btc-e is still claiming all the users funds are safe and they have copy of their user's database so they can distribute those bitcoin that belongs to their users. I don't think all of those bitcoin will be unaccessible even if btc-e will shut down for forever.

Either someone form the team or government might get access to it.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:19:47 PM

There are lots of Bitcoins permanently lost. Every year there are people that forget their private keys or send Bitcoins to the wrong address. There are people that die and no one knows they had Bitcoins or don't know how to access them. All these Bitcoins are permanently lost. The problem is that no one knows about many of the lost coins. Some may be known,but there is no way to know about all of them.

The total number of lost Bitcoins will just continue to increase over time. We can only approximate how many could be lost but just because some haven't moved doesn't mean they are lost. They could be just held for years as an investment.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 07:01:35 PM

There could be a site, maybe even bitcointalk where people could claim coins/address by sending 0.00000001BTC to a bitcointalk address. This wouldn't prove which coins are lost, but it could prove which coins are NOT lost...
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:43:49 PM

I have heard that btc-e is still claiming all the users funds are safe and they have copy of their user's database so they can distribute those bitcoin that belongs to their users. I don't think all of those bitcoin will be unaccessible even if btc-e will shut down for forever.

Indeed, bitcoin from BTC-E won't just disappear or lost in the thin air and this exchange has stated to refunds customers right on September 1 after law enforcement agency have done their job. I assume it will takes some time after all of this problems be solved. Whether all of those bitcoin and money will be refunds or seized,but in the end, it will come back to the market and circulation.
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:58:52 PM

based on their latest tweet, looks promising... and if they will be able to do it, it will have great impact towards btc demand Smiley
fck usgov to their blackholes hard Cheesy

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:53:06 PM

Indeed, bitcoin from BTC-E won't just disappear or lost in the thin air and this exchange has stated to refunds customers right on September 1 after law enforcement agency have done their job. I assume it will takes some time after all of this problems be solved. Whether all of those bitcoin and money will be refunds or seized,but in the end, it will come back to the market and circulation.

If once the government official get hold of the coins then i think they will first want your KYC so that you can get your coins, so it means you have to prove that which btc address you are holding is yours and give identity proof , then what ever transaction you have done that and all you have to disclose so i think most of them dont come open and claim their coins so which ever are not claimed will be holded in that wallet and after that government will think of what to do.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:55:51 PM

There's 3 options here.
The funds will go back to the users when BTC-e gets its shit together.
Coins will get mixed as they got scared and are going into hiding as we speak.
Some government agency will seize it and put on auction (which is the least likely option IMO)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: